UNDER not circumstances do not remove 200/100 win requirement for team ranked

omaan

I only started playing again at the tail end of s9 (and didn't play ranked seriously again until s10), so I freely admit to having very little firsthand knowledge of s9. But I played throughout season 10, and I did see first hand how team ranked was being played. I saw a bunch of teams only queue into mat farmers and get gold. I saw them drop out of queue when better teams got into queue. This behavior was extremely common on SF.

Look no further than Stain's admission that top spots were taken by teams that focused on farming mat farmers and dodging the best teams. Just because there were occasionally decent games doesn't mean that the system wasn't rotten.

Matts were taken out of TR with season 10. *They were not literally taken out as rewards for TR, but the devs made it harder to achieve them through TR, and inundated the matts in other places so that matt farmers had an easier time collecting them elsewhere.*

This is a decent point, but it's mainly an empirical question. Just as I didn't play on SS during that time, I'm pretty sure you weren't playing on SF, or at least not much, correct me if I'm wrong. My close observation of the situation led me to believe that it was much more than 1% of the teams were farming mat farmers and queue dodging. It was a foundational aspect of queueing at that time. People sought to do it on purpose to get rewards. I have no idea of an exact percentage, but it was not an insignificant number of teams doing it on SF.

SF was objectively less active during s9 than SS, in both solo ranked and group ranked. I did play SF towards the end of the season because after matts were taken out of TR and SR and of course the season reached its painfully long end, SS started to die. Only at the tail end, did SF as a server become competitive with SS's ranked population. By this I mean that for the most part of s9, solo ranked and team ranked on SF had a significantly less population with less skilled players. Most competitive solo ranked players on SF transferred SS early on in s8 and s9. In s9, when top tier team ranked teams like Caprica's team and Kanaba's team came back for matts, they moved SS.

The que on SF was definitely not as alive as SS. But that is not because matts were not having a positive impact on team ranked on SF, it's just to say that team ranked on SF started at a much lower place.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matts were taken out of TR with season 10. *They were not literally taken out as rewards for TR, but the devs made it harder to achieve them through TR, and inundated the matts in other places so that matt farmers had an easier time collecting them elsewhere.*

I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure that happened in 5.10 (December) and season 10 had been going since August.

I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure that happened in 5.10 (December) and season 10 had been going since August.

That is correct. Season 10 started in August, in October they introduced rating reset on transfer, in December they made the mats weekly 50 points instead of 20, and in February Season 10 ended.

I only started playing again at the tail end of s9 (and didn't play ranked seriously again until s10), so I freely admit to having very little firsthand knowledge of s9. But I played throughout season 10, and I did see first hand how team ranked was being played. I saw a bunch of teams only queue into mat farmers and get gold. I saw them drop out of queue when better teams got into queue. This behavior was extremely common on SF.

Look no further than Stain's admission that top spots were taken by teams that focused on farming mat farmers and dodging the best teams. Just because there were occasionally decent games doesn't mean that the system wasn't rotten.

This is a decent point, but it's mainly an empirical question. Just as I didn't play on SS during that time, I'm pretty sure you weren't playing on SF, or at least not much, correct me if I'm wrong. My close observation of the situation led me to believe that it was much more than 1% of the teams were farming mat farmers and queue dodging. It was a foundational aspect of queueing at that time. People sought to do it on purpose to get rewards. I have no idea of an exact percentage, but it was not an insignificant number of teams doing it on SF.

Also, I've never advocated for group ranked to be shut down. I just don't think putting mats back in is the correct answer, because the negative consequences outweigh the positives.

You are totally wrong. First of all let me extremely shock you now - dodging is also a thing in solo ranked. I got two chars to top 1 spots (including one in this season) by dodging really skilled players in sr who had less rating than me. If you queue sr when other skilled player is in queue you risk getting bad team mates in your group while that skilled player gets better team mates. Thats why i created a big friend list on both imp and rep chars which allows me to monitor throwers and bots online to dodge them AND skilled players who have less elo than me to avoid situations where they get better team mates because of their elo. When i queued on tank i avoided less rated but skilled tanks because i knew they will get stronger dps.

Literally by dodging in solo ranked i was fighting with no names against other no names carrying my team alone and telling them what to do. Sometimes i fought skilled players who had more elo than me since i knew i will get better team mates. Easy top spots in sr.

NOW TO TR - ONCE again even if one team is dodging more skilled teams they still will have to fight other decent teams and more skilled queue dodgers. There is no way an unskilled team could find a free time when they could farm only mat farmers because there always been 1-2 decent teams or skilled queue dodgers in queue who were willing to get elo. So all these teams were competing with each other for free from top teams time. There ALWAYS WAS COMPETITION AND SKILLED GAMES BETWEEN DECENT TEAMS AND QUEUE DODGERS AND STOP CLOSING EYES ON THIS.

top spots in tr season 10 were like this:

Top 1 spots were taken by top players in best teams

TOP 2 spots were taken by less skilled but decent player who probably dodged top 1 winners but won everyone else

TOP 3 spots were taken by less skilled players than previous two teams but who dodged top 1 and top 2 teams yet won everyone else

SO you can see that all spots were taken by the best, those who rarely fought each other but won everyone else who also tried to get top spots. There is literally no way an unskilled team could reach top spots since such team was farmed by stronger teams which were climbing up to top spots. There always existed strong and weaker teams and only strong reached top spots by farming everyone around.

Edited by omaan

Literally by dodging in solo ranked i was fighting with no names against other no names carrying my team alone and telling them what to do. Sometimes i fought skilled players who had more elo than me since i knew i will get better team mates. Easy top spots in sr.

The effectiveness of that strategy is far from guaranteed. People can log to alts you don't have on your friends list, or they can log to the other faction. People's ratings also can fluctuate frequently. This explains why you're whining about not getting enough wins. Maybe if you just played the game more, you'd get more wins.

You also purportedly throw on other people all the time on toons you don't care about. And you've defended and justified wintrading tons of times on these forums. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you're a coward trying to manipulate the system as best you can. I don't dodge anyone. I just play the game, and the vast majority of people that queue solo ranked are like me, not you.

NOW TO TR - ONCE again even if one team is dodging more skilled teams they still will have to fight other decent teams and more skilled queue dodgers. There is no way an unskilled team could find a free time when they could farm only mat farmers because there always been 1-2 decent teams or skilled queue dodgers in queue who were willing to get elo. So all these teams were competing with each other for free from top teams time. There ALWAYS WAS COMPETITION AND SKILLED GAMES BETWEEN DECENT TEAMS AND QUEUE DODGERS AND STOP CLOSING EYES ON THIS.

Maybe that's how it played out on DM. That's not what was happening on SF in season 10.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

The effectiveness of that strategy is far from guaranteed. People can log to alts you don't have on your friends list, or they can log to the other faction. People's ratings also can fluctuate frequently. This explains why you're whining about not getting enough wins. Maybe if you just played the game more, you'd get more wins.

You also purportedly throw on other people all the time on toons you don't care about. And you've defended and justified wintrading tons of times on these forums. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you're a coward trying to manipulate the system as best you can. I don't dodge anyone. I just play the game, and the vast majority of people that queue solo ranked are like me, not you.

Maybe that's how it played out on DM. That's not what was happening on SF in season 10.

Alex, friend. That’s just it. It happens wherever ranked is. The cheating isn’t just some unusual phenomenon on DM where only one guy is doing this stuff. Lol, he is showing you just the very tiny tip of the iceberg! These behaviors are on all servers wherever ranked is, you can put money on that!

It seems you some how miraculously avoid all bad shenanigans that are generally accepted as the norm in ranked, on SF as if SF somehow only has honorable, good intentioned players looking for healthy competition between players who want to test their individual skills versus the very best in PVP. That’s how it’s supposed to be. But it’s not. We all seem to get it, except you.

One player in-depth explained to you how he queue dodges and instead of seeing it for what it is, you chalk it up not as behavior that goes on regularly by far more than just one player, no, it’s just one guy on Darth Malthus server doing it, and no one does it on SF? Really man? You realize how silly and naive this position appears?

You aren’t this naive, are you? Do you really think this is the only guy doing it?

Let’s just be honest. In some ways, it’s the only way to get top rewards! I see why these guys do it! If they didn’t, they’d probably spend countless extra hours trying to work their way up the standings the legit way but with so many variables including purposeful match manipulations it’s just not worth it to some, even those who are really good PVPers.

This was the case 4-5 years go, btw. Back then, I was more active, I did ranked when it was open and I had many friends that PVP’d not just solo ranked but I had very good relationships with some team ranked players too.

While in the rare times I got to group with these guys for regs, it was fun because they were super team players! I also got to listen to them banter about ranked, and it was then where they openly would laugh at the system to get ranked rewards because they all admitted to cheesing it for rewards otherwise it was just too time consuming not playing the queue and even coordinating some matches just to get wins they needed to secure a top spot reward.

These were not bad dudes either btw. They just didn’t feel like putting up with a completely broken reward system that was being compromised in far too many ways for them to try to take ranked matches seriously.

That’s a problem, when the game mode that is supposed to really epitomize the cream of the crop is so severely compromised by far too many variables outside the control of a legit player who just wants to compete fairly against other teams that share similar construction and skill levels.

Anyway, I don’t know what to tell you. One poster is literally sharing exactly how bad it is and even HOW he queue dodges! And instead of accepting that maybe, just maybe you are wrong maybe the game mode is completely corrupted and toxic, which is why NO ONE PARTICIPATES in ranked seriously, anymore! It’s truly a mess now, I have no idea why you or anyone else would defend it. If anything, you should help us push for it to be improved, not defend it while it’s in such bad shape.

You are only being counterproductive to the game btw, when you defend the condition of ranked right now. Sure, maybe I use hyperbole but that doesn’t discount or totally invalidate my opinion on the condition of ranked PVP. You might not like to read some of the disparaging comments others make about your favorite game mode, but that doesn’t mean they are wrong, perhaps you should consider maybe you are wrong about it, and maybe your perspective is the one skewed, not others.

Edited by Lhancelot

Alex, friend. That’s just it. It happens wherever ranked is. The cheating isn’t just some unusual phenomenon on DM where only one guy is doing this stuff. Lol, he is showing you just the very tiny tip of the iceberg! These behaviors are on all servers wherever ranked is, you can put money on that!

What he described is not cheating. And if it's the tip of the iceberg, please do describe what else these players are doing. I'm in all of these matches where everyone is playing in mostly hard fought games. So please tell me what these people are doing directly under my nose.

It seems you some how miraculously avoid all bad shenanigans that are generally accepted as the norm in ranked, on SF as if SF somehow only has honorable, good intentioned players looking for healthy competition between players who want to test their individual skills versus the very best in PVP. That’s how it’s supposed to be. But it’s not. We all seem to get it, except you.

Accepted as the norm? The only people that believe this nonsense is you and other forum posters that don't play ranked lol. I'm still waiting for names of people that are wintrading and/or cheating in some other way on SF.

One player in-depth explained to you how he queue dodges and instead of seeing it for what it is, you chalk it up not as behavior that goes on regularly by far more than just one player, no, it’s just one guy on Darth Malthus server doing it, and no one does it on SF? Really man? You realize how silly and naive this position appears?

You aren’t this naive, are you? Do you really think this is the only guy doing it?

What he is describing is not a reliable way to gain rating in solo ranked for normal players. It has a niche use for him on a few classes that he's good at.

Let’s just be honest. In some ways, it’s the only way to get top rewards! I see why these guys do it! If they didn’t, they’d probably spend countless extra hours trying to work their way up the standings the legit way but with so many variables including purposeful match manipulations it’s just not worth it to some, even those who are really good PVPers.

This is the same justification Stain uses to justify wintrading. Congrats, you see the world the same way he does.

While in the rare times I got to group with these guys for regs, it was fun because they were super team players! I also got to listen to them banter about ranked, and it was then where they openly would laugh at the system to get ranked rewards because they all admitted to cheesing it for rewards otherwise it was just too time consuming not playing the queue and even coordinating some matches just to get wins they needed to secure a top spot reward.

No wonder your view of ranked is so skewed lol

These were not bad dudes either btw. They just didn’t feel like putting up with a completely broken reward system that was being compromised in far too many ways for them to try to take ranked matches seriously.

rofl. Sure they're not. Anyone that decides it's ok to cheat or gain an unfair advantage in a competitive game is a piece of ****, period.

Anyway, I don’t know what to tell you. One poster is literally sharing exactly how bad it is and even HOW he queue dodges! And instead of accepting that maybe, just maybe you are wrong maybe the game mode is completely corrupted and toxic, which is why NO ONE PARTICIPATES in ranked seriously, anymore! It’s truly a mess now, I have no idea why you or anyone else would defend it. If anything, you should help us push for it to be improved, not defend it while it’s in such bad shape.

Once again, the dodging that he is describing is not workable for 95% of ranked players in the first place. And even for those that could do it, most don't. You continue to make stuff up. You make it nearly impossible to have a serious conversation with about this topic. I don't know why you persist.

You are only being counterproductive to the game btw, when you defend the condition of ranked right now. Sure, maybe I use hyperbole but that doesn’t discount or totally invalidate my opinion on the condition of ranked PVP. You might not like to read some of the disparaging comments others make about your favorite game mode, but that doesn’t mean they are wrong, perhaps you should consider maybe you are wrong about it, and maybe your perspective is the one skewed, not others.

This season alone, I have played over a thousand solo ranked games. Can you wrap your head around that? Virtually every day I'm playing solo ranked. I know what it is, and I know what its flaws are. Yet you, someone that doesn't play ranked at all, continue to try to lecture me about what happens in ranked. Your opinions are so far removed from reality that it's laughable. It only makes sense in your own head to justify your irrational hatred of ranked. And you have the gall to call me "counterproductive to the game" when I'm actually playing the game mode fairly and all you do is literally fabricate stories on the forums. Once again, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

What he described is not cheating. And if it's the tip of the iceberg, please do describe what else these players are doing. I'm in all of these matches where everyone is playing in mostly hard fought games. So please tell me what these people are doing directly under my nose.

Accepted as the norm? The only people that believe this nonsense is you and other forum posters that don't play ranked lol. I'm still waiting for names of people that are wintrading and/or cheating in some other way on SF.

What he is describing is not a reliable way to gain rating in solo ranked for normal players. It has a niche use for him on a few classes that he's good at.

This is the same justification Stain uses to justify wintrading. Congrats, you see the world the same way he does.

No wonder your view of ranked is so skewed lol

rofl. Sure they're not. Anyone that decides it's ok to cheat or gain an unfair advantage in a competitive game is a piece of ****, period.

Once again, the dodging that he is describing is not workable for 95% of ranked players in the first place. And even for those that could do it, most don't. You continue to make stuff up. You make it nearly impossible to have a serious conversation with about this topic. I don't know why you persist.

This season alone, I have played over a thousand solo ranked games. Can you wrap your head around that? Virtually every day I'm playing solo ranked. I know what it is, and I know what its flaws are. Yet you, someone that doesn't play ranked at all, continue to try to lecture me about what happens in ranked. Your opinions are so far removed from reality that it's laughable. It only makes sense in your own head to justify your irrational hatred of ranked. And you have the gall to call me "counterproductive to the game" when I'm actually playing the game mode fairly and all you do is literally fabricate stories on the forums. Once again, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Then at best you are being disingenuous and at worst you are part of the problem in ranked.

There’s just no possible way for someone that plays thousands of solo ranked games to never experience what nearly every human being experiences in ranked which is tons of toxicity and match manipulation.

How do you manage to skate through it all yet every other player has a story to tell about how they got vote kicked, win traded against, match dropped, and/or cheated against one way or another. How is this possible?

That’s why it’s dead, Alex. It’s a complete dumpster fire full of terrible behavior by a very small niche group of players. That’s the truth. Whether you can admit it or not is another story.

Edited by Lhancelot

You are totally wrong. First of all let me extremely shock you now - dodging is also a thing in solo ranked. I got two chars to top 1 spots (including one in this season) by dodging really skilled players in sr who had less rating than me. If you queue sr when other skilled player is in queue you risk getting bad team mates in your group while that skilled player gets better team mates. Thats why i created a big friend list on both imp and rep chars which allows me to monitor throwers and bots online to dodge them AND skilled players who have less elo than me to avoid situations where they get better team mates because of their elo. When i queued on tank i avoided less rated but skilled tanks because i knew they will get stronger dps.

As a player that plays solo ranked on all three solos, I can tell you that DM solo ranked right now is atrocious. It's so scummy over there, they are just not fun games anymore. Wintraders, throwers, leavers, trash players, and que dodgers and backfills (not traditional backfills but healer/tank backfills in 4 dps games) all plague the que at practically all hours the day. DM is the outlier though. This does not happen on SS or SF.

Also, DM ranked has a much higher population that the other servers. DM ranked also pops throughout the day and well into the next morning. I am sure that if you want to tryhard que dodge you can do it on DM. You can't do it on the NA servers where population is significantly less. If you want to que dodge a player you will most likely be left out of the que entirely. Typically on NA there is only 1 game going on at a time, whereas on DM there are 2-3.

Then at best you are being disingenuous and at worst you are part of the problem in ranked.

There’s just no possible way for someone that plays thousands of solo ranked games to never experience what nearly every human being experiences in ranked which is tons of toxicity and match manipulation.

How do you manage to skate through it all yet every other player has a story to tell about how they got vote kicked, win traded against, match dropped, and/or cheated against one way or another. How is this possible?

That’s why it’s dead, Alex. It’s a complete dumpster fire full of terrible behavior by a very small niche group of players. That’s the truth. Whether you can admit it or not is another story.

If it's dead. If its toxic. If its filled with cheaters... then just don't que? It's not like we want you or need you in the que. You're just another **** forum warrior that spends more time on the forums than in the game. Please, by all means stay on the forums and QQ all night long.

BTW if you ever want to actually know what solo ranked is like...

Here is a 6 hour long stream of a player queing last night: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/589754178

Here is a 2 hour long stream of a player queing last night: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/589774655

Edited by septru

You should try actually reading my posts. In seasons 10 and 11, I witnessed a decent amount of wintrading. Many of the people I witnessed doing it got reset and/or banned. The toxicity was not nearly as bad in those seasons.

This season, I have witnessed very little wintrading, but the toxicity is worse. The excessive kicking is worse. I've stated this multiple times already, yet for some reason you pretend that I haven't. This is another example of how having any kind of reasonable conversation with you is difficult.

I've been vote kicked and thrown on about a dozen times this season. I have highlighted excessive kicking as a problem many times. 3v4s are rarer now than ever thanks to the changes.

No...it's not. It's in your head dude. I'm actually playing in the games and what you think happens does not happen. Again, I don't know what kind of psychological scarring you endured playing ranked for a week over a year ago, but you should work through it in some way that doesn't involved constantly posting nonsense on the forums.

DM is the outlier though. This does not happen on SS or SF.

Also, DM ranked has a much higher population that the other servers. DM ranked also pops throughout the day and well into the next morning. I am sure that if you want to tryhard que dodge you can do it on DM. You can't do it on the NA servers where population is significantly less. If you want to que dodge a player you will most likely be left out of the que entirely. Typically on NA there is only 1 game going on at a time, whereas on DM there are 2-3.

I can attest that Prum plays a decent amount on SF and he is speaking actual truth here, so if you won't listen to me Lhance, you should try listening to him.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

You should try actually reading my posts. In seasons 10 and 11, I witnessed a decent amount of wintrading. Many of the people I witnessed doing it got reset and/or banned. The toxicity was not nearly as bad in those seasons.

This season, I have witnessed very little wintrading, but the toxicity is worse. The excessive kicking is worse. I've stated this multiple times already, yet for some reason you pretend that I haven't. This is another example of how having any kind of reasonable conversation with you is difficult.

I've been vote kicked and thrown on about a dozen times this season. I have highlighted excessive kicking as a problem many times. 3v4s are rarer now than ever thanks to the changes.

No...it's not. It's in your head dude. I'm actually playing in the games and what you think happens does not happen. Again, I don't know what kind of psychological scarring you endured playing ranked for a week over a year ago, but you should work through it in some way that doesn't involved constantly posting nonsense on the forums.

I can attest that Prum plays a decent amount on SF and he is speaking actual truth here, so if you won't listen to me Lhance, you should try listening to him.

All this does is paint a bleak picture of ranked, supporting all my criticisms of ranked. Good to see you finally on the same page now.

All this does is paint a bleak picture of ranked, supporting all my criticisms of ranked. Good to see you finally on the same page now.

I said absolutely nothing new in that post... I've said it all multiple times elsewhere. The facts that I've related are based on what's actually happening in ranked. Your main line that ranked is "filled with wintraders and cheaters and all the matches are manipulated" is still nonsense.

I'll repeat this too: i still have fun playing ranked every day. It's not nearly as bad as you and others on the forums think it is.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

But same happens in tr. Queue dodgers could not dodge that easy because as i wrote before teams were always different. Skilled players just swapped chars you didn't have in friend list or went to other faction which fully screwed up queue doding. Those queue dodge issues you wrote about sr fully concerns tr.

I wrote about reducing win requirement for sr not because of myself. in sr for now i need only 2 wins to get 200 and thanks to queue doding in sr i have more than 1700 rating and will get top rewards. So queue dodge works in sr perfectly as it worked in previous seasons for tr and sr and win requirement isn't a problem for me. I wanted devs to reduce win requirement due to notorious wintraders who reached 200+ wins but dropped from high elo thanks to legit players vote kicking them. Yet skilled legit players who aren't dodging throwers, wintraders and bots hardly can get even to 150 wins.

I wrote about reducing win requirement for sr not because of myself. in sr for now i need only 2 wins to get 200 and thanks to queue doding in sr i have more than 1700 rating and will get top rewards. So queue dodge works in sr perfectly as it worked in previous seasons for tr and sr and win requirement isn't a problem for me. I wanted devs to reduce win requirement due to notorious wintraders who reached 200+ wins but dropped from high elo thanks to legit players vote kicking them. Yet skilled legit players who aren't dodging throwers, wintraders and bots hardly can get even to 150 wins.

That stuff, including you queue dodging, is only happening on DM. It's not happening on SF. Bioware just needs to ban the bad actors, not change the win requirements.

That stuff, including you queue dodging, is only happening on DM.

Pretty sure you can't say it just like this. On DM it got (and still gets) a lot of attention through streams, so frequently that the offenders try to defend themselves saying it's actually the people that called them out, who are doing it. This lead to the current situation where people just randomly accuse others, that no accusations at all are taken seriously anymore (unless you are new (or blind) and have no clue what actually is happening and what isn't). That's one reason why Ranked has such a negative reputation and why veteran players from Regs or PvE generally assume a title was cheated first, and only in 2nd question realize "oh this guy was actually legit, didn't know that exists, someone told me all top3s are cheated".

It's sad that we got there but it is what it is. People that really tryhard to cheat those titles will always choose the server where it's easiest. Sometimes it's the dead servers, sometimes it's actually the most populated.

Edited by Sertar

Pretty sure you can't say it just like this. On DM it got (and still gets) a lot of attention through streams, so frequently that the offenders try to defend themselves saying it's actually the people that called them out, who are doing it. This lead to the current situation where people just randomly accuse others, that no accusations at all are taken seriously anymore (unless you are new (or blind) and have no clue what actually is happening and what isn't). That's one reason why Ranked has such a negative reputation and why veteran players from Regs or PvE generally assume a title was cheated first, and only in 2nd question realize "oh this guy was actually legit, didn't know that exists, someone told me all top3s are cheated".

It's sad that we got there but it is what it is. People that really tryhard to cheat those titles will always choose the server where it's easiest. Sometimes it's the dead servers, sometimes it's actually the most populated.

There's no doubt that many top 3 titles were cheated in the past. And I have no doubt that there's a lot of ******** happening on DM at the moment. The reports are numerous. But I play in a lot of the matches that happen on SF, and I know of all the regulars that queue on SF. If there's shady stuff going on that I don't know about, I'd love to hear about it, truly. As you know, I'm as anti-wintrader as one can be. I'm happy to take specific, credible accusations seriously.

I'm not saying what I'm saying to try to sweep anything under the rug, far from it. I'm saying it because I'm genuinely not seeing it on SF. If you or someone else is, please let me know.

If you or someone else is, please let me know.

What are you going to do about it? Re-assess what was said or done then claim yes it's toxic, but not that toxic? Are you going to haul them away to the toxic jail? I mean, exactly why do WE have to show YOU anything? You got your head in the sand anyway. Once you get some sort of official title, you know, Commander of the Ranked Protective Unit or something else we have no obligation to fetch anything and bring it back to you. If you just opened your eyes you'd probably see everything everyone else seems to see.

What are you going to do about it? Re-assess what was said or done then claim yes it's toxic, but not that toxic?

I'm not talking about toxicity...I'm talking about cheating/wintrading, which is completely obvious given the context. I don't know why you even bother replying to posts if you don't read them properly. I already know all about the toxicity that exists in ranked on SF, as I've said over and over. The rest of your post is gobbledygook.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I'm not talking about toxicity...I'm talking about cheating/wintrading, which is completely obvious given the context. I don't know why you even bother replying to posts if you don't read them properly. I already know all about the toxicity that exists in ranked on SF, as I've said over and over. The rest of your post is gobbledygook.

They connected. The awful childish behaviors along with the vote kicks, along with the win trades, along with the harassment, along with the cheats, that's just it. It's all connected. Sorry you fail to grasp that detail.

None of it is acceptable, not the toxicity that you acknowledge although I am not sure what you classify as "toxicity" we had this discussion before too and you have exact guidelines in your mind that determine what is and what is not toxic.

Point is it's all toxic. Duh.

They connected. The awful childish behaviors along with the vote kicks, along with the win trades, along with the harassment, along with the cheats, that's just it. It's all connected. Sorry you fail to grasp that detail.

Do you have any evidence for that statement whatsoever? Of course not. You just made it up out of thin air like most of your claims about ranked lol

They are two separate issues, just to clarify the point for you.

They are two separate issues, just to clarify the point for you.

Once again you guys are both right and wrong. Flaming, insulting and vote kicking „noobs“ („bads“) is unacceptable but doesn’t automatically involve cheating.

However, cheating (or cheating accusations) are a source for a lot of the insults and hate that is happening, and I have definitely seen vote kick being used for match manipulation. Many vote kicks on the other hand are hitting the people that deserve them (obvious wintraders).

However, cheating (or cheating accusations) are a source for a lot of the insults and hate that is happening, and I have definitely seen vote kick being used for match manipulation. Many vote kicks on the other hand are hitting the people that deserve them (obvious wintraders).

On SF? This season, I haven't seen any cheating/wintrading associated with the toxicity/kicking (except for one wintrader early in the season who happened to reset or delete the toon that he did it on lol). I can't remember the last time I saw a wintrading accusation either. I've only heard of such things happening on DM.

There seems to be such a divergence now that it really requires clarification between SF and DM when posting in threads like this.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

On SF? This season, I haven't seen any cheating/wintrading associated with the toxicity/kicking (except for one wintrader early in the season who happened to reset or delete the toon that he did it on lol). I can't remember the last time I saw a wintrading accusation either. I've only heard of such things happening on DM.

There seems to be such a divergence now that it really requires clarification between SF and DM when posting in threads like this.

JediAl is like Moses to water only it's not water that parts way around him, it's all malevolent gamesmanship! (This includes win trading, vote kicking, match throwing, and any other form of match manipulation that these fellows have found that we aren't even aware of yet!)

Seriously. You truly have a blessed SWTOR life all forms of bad avoid you! lol. :D

I play on SF, and haven't replied so far because

1. I didn't want to be ridiculed here

2. My sample size is statistically meaningless and ergo cannot support any argument as to trends in solo ranked

That said, I have done about 6 SR matches on probably 3 different toons since 6.0 dropped.

Once I was vote kicked for not playing a "real" class

Twice, I was told i should learn to play an actual class that wasn't overly easy. (Like seriously, their protest wasn't that guardians suck, it was that it was too easy to play and thus, shouldn't be allowed in SR).

The other 3 times I was called names and cursed at.

I won 4 of these matches. But seriously, why would I want to continue this game mode when my personal experience with it has been a dumpster fire. Again, I'm not pretending to speak for the format as a whole. My 6 matches cannot illustrate any kind of larger scale conclusion. But on a personal level, I have better things to do with my time than deal with those situations.

When responding, please consider that I am explicitly not using this to draw any kind of conclusion about the format. I am simply stating why I, personally, do not choose to get more involved in the format.

As for team ranked, I don't have a team. I have a 2-3 person guild.