Legacy Wars

NatashaTerenzio

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(And here is a poorly constructed family tree but I think it gets the job done. Hopefully http://www.themindofdcs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/FamilyTree3.png )

Chapter 39 – A Meeting of Siths (The Sith)

You could find men willing to die for their cause. You would find fewer men willing to suffer for it. And since I didn’t wish to terminate all of my sister’s little attack squad I let the cold ravenous urge to cause more pain than death flow through my motions as I engaged.

I’d sever a troopers blaster hand but wouldn’t complete the strike to kill him, just kick him to the ground and engage the next target. Their screams of pain sounded around me and I sucked up their agony, using it to make my motions faster.

I knocked another trooper to the ground and then paused, allowing my cybernetic eye to quickly scan the battlefield. I found Lancoro closing in on Jorgan’s position. I also saw my sister focusing her attention on my son with a more than predatory glint in her gaze.

Mekethia hefted up her portable blaster cannon and took aim at his back. I kept my focus on her, backhanding a trooper that attempted to attack me. Just as she was about to fire, I threw one of my lightsaber's at her, the blade cutting her weapon in half. Keeping my hand outstretched I called my blade back into my palm. She whirled around and focused in me.

I tipped my head to one side, my invitation clear. Mekethia took the bait and charged in my direction. I stood there, merely waiting. She’d withdrawn a heavily modified blaster and was firing at me rapidly as she charged. I used the force and the constant wave of my hands to knock her blasts to the sides of me, and right before she could barrel into my frame I leaped over her, and gave her a sound kick in the back, using the force to add momentum to my strike.

She went crashing to the ground and slid into the open doorway of my facility. I walked after her and made the door slam closed behind us.

It was always better to isolate a leader from their troops. Jorgan would notice and his emotions would affect his judgment. Her troops would notice and thoughts of a rescue would interfere with the focus of the attack.

Mekethia got to her feet and shot at me but I simply blocked her incoming fire with my blade, sending it back in her direction. Using the force, I yanked the blaster from her palm. No sooner had the grip touched my fingers then she pulled my lightsaber out of mine.

She caught it, and brandished it like a Jedi knight, slowly backing up into the open space of the first room. It was a former workshop. Heavy machines, scrap metal and pieces of unfinished droids littered the area. I studied her frame, tossed the blaster to the side and pulled my second lightsaber from my belt, bringing the purple blade to life. I realized, quickly, that her form reminded me of Kazrin.

“I didn’t mean to kill him,” I said quietly. Honestly.

That I had even brought it up enraged her, I could feel it. “I don’t believe you,” she snarled and launched herself at me.

She’d always been a fast fighter. I blocked Mekethia’s first sequence and picked up Kira running towards me through the corner of my eye.

I broke through Mekethia’s next attack, riposted, and when she deflected my counter, I used the momentum, spun and jumped, back kicking her away from me. I landed neatly and brought up my saber just in time to catch Kira’s lightsaber as she force leaped at me. I shot out my other hand and pinned Keitha to the wall with a broken droid. It wouldn’t contain her forever but it would keep her busy for the moment.

My focus returned to Kira as I countered her next strike. She was skilled, Xerrin had trained her well but she was not strong enough to stop me. I suddenly switched my style from Soresu to Ataru, and I saw the surprise on her face when she recognized it. My movements became too fast, attacked her from too many angles for her to manage and I disarmed her, drove my lightsaber hilt into her back, and watched her collapse.

I use my booted toe to flip her over, pointing my lightsaber down at her. “Yield.”

“Never.”

Faint amusement raised my eyebrow. “There is no honor is dying foolishly.”

“I’ve got Reide,” Mekethia shouted, interrupting us.

I paused. Reached for my sister with the force and frowned lightly. I could feel her but it was faint. Something was wrong.

I turned my back on Kira, but I thrust a hand behind me and used the force to keep her pinned to the ground, my narrowed gaze on my sister. I walked slowly towards her. “If you mean to rile my temper with lies, Mekethia…”

“The only way to ensure that what Xerrin has seen does not come to pass is to kill this family. All of it,” there was such hatred in her voice. “She’ll be executed in less than an hour.”

The thought of loosing Reide, after everything she’d done for me, after the harsh words we’d spoken in parting, for a senseless death, sparked my fury faster than it’d raged in quite some time. I took some of it out on Kira when I force lifted her, then tossed her into the wall. I heard her hit the ground and the painful sound she made but I did not take my eyes off of Mekethia.

“Call it off.”

“You’ll die for what you’ve done. If not by me, then by-“

“CALL IT OFF!” I roared in Mekethia’s face, my hand around her throat.

She glared at me and in that moment had I not know her title I would have never thought her anything but a Sith, so strong was her hatred for me. “I hope you suffer a hundred times more than I have for what you’ve done,” she spat. “I hope you can feel her death, Sith, the way I felt Kazrin’s.”

I growled in fury and I started force choking her. I was separated just enough from my rage that I heard the hiss of the lightsaber and turned in time to counter Kira’s strike.

She was foolish to engage me now, when I didn’t want to remember a petty thing like control. It took me seconds to disarm her again. The next strike cut straight down her favored arm, the heavy weight of my boot bringing the blood when it cracked across her jaw. Kira collapsed and before I could hurt her more Mekethia shot at me.

I spun around, my lightsaber catching the blasts at the last moment. I let the first few bounce around her, toying with her. I made the next one strike her shoulder, ramming her armor into much more pliant flesh. Her stance jerked but she kept firing. I sent the next into her chest. The next into her stomach. When I made her blaster fire strike her thigh, she dropped, and I was there, kicking the blaster out of her hand, and ramming the hilt of my saber into her temple with just enough force to draw blood.

As I watched her fall, I tightened my grip around my hilt. Reide was right I thought venomously. She’d warned me and I had not listened. Instead, I’d done so much for my enemy; saved their lives, ensured their safety while they attacked my children, shunned me for my choices.

And if Reide died because of it-

“Call it off,” I growled.

Mekethia sneered at me. “No.”

Raged clouded my vision. The darkside of the force overwhelmed, sucking up greedily at Mekethia’s hatred and my own temper so fiercely I let myself get lost in it.

I’d had enough.

“Then you die too.” I lifted my blade, ready to drive it right through my sister’s heart when I realized Quinn had knocked Mekethia out of the way and put himself there instead.

His face flashed, and I do not know how but a millimeter away from his chest I stopped. My blade was so close it singed the fabric of his uniform. “Quinn-”

“You’ll lose your way if you kill her,” he said quietly.

An emotion other than rage crashed into me. My stance loosened, and I opened my mouth to speak but Kira had woken, and used the force to fling a piece of a broken droid at me. I heard it cutting through the air and I turned with my blade outstretched, slicing through the metal.

“No!” Quinn shouted behind me.

I’d heard the hiss of the lightsaber before his voice. I also knew it was too late.

Quinn had jumped up, positioned his body in front of mine and taken the strike Mekethia had intended to ram into my back. Pain contorted the handsome features of his face, tightening as he fought against it.

I roared at Mekethia and the force of it sent her sprawling backwards, the lightsaber she had pulled from my hand slipping out of Quinn. My own lightsaber. He collapsed and I caught him.

“You stupid, stupid man,” I growled, pure raw emotion ripping me apart. Lancoro and Veltana rushed into the room. Lancoro went over to Kethia and put his blaster on her. Tana covered Kira. I looked down at Malavai’s wound and despair clawed at me. It was fatal. Something Elliah could have healed but I didn’t know where he was, and he’d never get here in time.

Quinn smiled quietly up at me. “Perhaps… perhaps you’ll let me see you as something else now?”

His words tore me apart in a new way. I pushed back my hood, and took off my helmet. Touching his face I whispered, “However you want Malavai.”

He pressed his hand against mine, his cheek into my touch. I could feel the tremble in it, the strength it took him to move the limb as his life force rapidly fled. “Say it?” he asked me, barely above a whisper.

I pressed my forehead against his and closed my eye. “I forgive you.”

I could feel his relief, the weight of his burden lifted with those three words. I pressed my mouth lovingly against his, held him closer and let him feel the strength of my emotion. A heartbeat later he died quietly in my arms.

When he left, my heart became a traitorous burden I no longer wanted to bare. I could not mourn him though, not just then. So I found my rage. I laid Malavai’s body gently on the floor, walked over to my sister and kicked her viciously in the mouth. “Lancoro.”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Do you have him?”

“Yeah, I got him.”

“Bring him to me.”

I called both my sabers to my hand as Lancoro dragged Aric into the room. For the first time today, something other than hate leaked into Mekethia’s eyes; fear. I realized though, as I studied her, Reide had been right. It didn’t matter what I did, Mekethia would never forgive me.

But Malavai was dead on the floor behind me, so at the moment I couldn’t find it in me to care. I walked over to Aric, and reveled in my sister’s scream of “No”, when I rammed my lightsaber through his shoulder.

Aric growled in pain. I continued to press and it deepened into his scream. “How did you get Mako to betray us?” I asked him.

“Go to chaos,” Jorgan growled.

Lancoro glared at Mekethia. “She looked at the droid’s and then said something about killing a whole planet. What did she mean?”

Before Mekethia could answer though, I connected the missing piece. I pulled my lightsaber from Jorgan and faced my sister. “Is that what you told her? That I was going to attack the republic?”

Mekethia met my gaze. “We’ve felt your dark presence approach. And Xerrin saw you attack Tython in a vision.”

I frowned. Not about Xerrin’s vision. “Who felt this dark presence?” I asked Mekethia.

“Even I can feel it, Sith. You fool no one.”

Suddenly I felt Scourge reaching out to me. He was coming. We we’re out of time.

Lancoro looked at Jorgan. “Is my wife on Tython?”

Neither Jorgan, nor Mekethia said anything. I held my lightsaber up to Jorgan’s throat. “Answer or he dies.”

Mekethia’s eyes left mine. She looked at Jorgan, then back at me. “Mako is on Tython,” she said tightly.

“Call off Reide’s execution.”

Mekethia said nothing.

I rammed my saber through Aric’s opposite shoulder. Jorgan screamed beautifully, and Lancoro kept him upright. Mekethia surged to attack me, and I used the force to ram her back into the wall, her sound of pain feeding the darkside that raged in me, taunting me to take the chains off and let it play.

“I lied about Reide’s execution!” Mekethia shouted. “Xerrin won’t let me touch her. She’s being sent to Coruscant.”

Relief snuck into my fury. “Oh, you fraking Lurdo.” I hissed. I’d been ready to kill her, and it would have been for a lie. My thoughts strayed toward Malavai, robbing me of my rage and my brow creased. I couldn’t do that now. I let Mekethia drop to the ground, pulled my saber out of Aric and sheathed it, placing both of them back at my hip.

“Get her re-routed to Tython. We’re going to need her.”

“It’s out of my hands-” Mekethia started but I interrupted her.

“Do it, or I will throw your husband out of my airlock.” I glanced at Lancoro. “Put him on my ship. Tana, call your siblings, we go to Tython.”

“Yes, mother. What about them?” Tana motioned at Kira who was glaring furiously at her.

“Leave them.” I activated my ear implant and spoke. “General Pierce.”

“My lord. Got a bunch of prisoners out here. Make a right good execution line.”

“Let them go and come retrieve Captain Quinn’s body. We’re leaving.”

Mekethia got to her feet, favoring the leg I had not injured. “You’ll never get close enough-”

“They’ll never see us, coming.” I snapped and marched away.

Edited by NatashaTerenzio

Chapter 40 – The Danger of a Lie (The Sith)

Fury Class Imperial Interceptor

The Crystal Vanguard

We had mined for the crystals on Ilum, not just to make the droids their own lightsabers. It had been discovered that some could also be used in stealthing technology. In essence they could make an entire fleet invisible.

It was something the Republic and Empire could fight over. I’d taken what I needed to make the sure the transport and few other smaller ships in my fleet could get close enough to Tython without being detected.

When I boarded, Jaesa was battle ready, she always was. I told her to man the cloaking device and take us to Tython once General Pierce and Jorgan arrived.

I stepped into the main hold and activated my holoterminal. I’d alerted Darth Shadishan and Darth Miji it was time. They would bring the army to Tython and then leave. They had no interest in the upcoming battle. Vanceto reported that he would meet us near Tython. We couldn’t get in touch with Elliah and I suspected I knew why; Xerrin, or Mekethia had reported him. That was to our advantage though; it meant he was already on Tython, no doubt trying to convince the Jedi Council that I was not the threat.

My orders given, I stepped away from the holoterminal and went into the medical bay. Quinn laid there, covered by a sheet. I stood next to his body, and slowly pulled back the fabric so I could view his face.

It was a bitter irony. I could never have forgiven Malavai, not without his action today. Perhaps though, if he had lived… It was stupid to grieve the loss of man who I’d had such a volatile dance with. But, that didn’t stop the hot tide of emotion flowing through me, the grief that threatened to overwhelm me because regardless of Malavai’s flaws, and mine, I’d simply… loved him.

I removed my glove, and gently touched his cool cheek. Elliah had often waxed the philosophical where love was concerned. He claimed there were two emotions; love and fear. Everything else spawned outward from them. At that moment, I felt both and so much more.

It was so similar to what I’d felt when Kazrin died; the unbearable pressure in my chest there was no escape from; the want to change reality so fiercely it threatened to rip me apart; the pure, raw, rage I felt towards Mekethia from daring to take him from me.

Malavai had been right though; I would have lost my way had I killed Mekethia. She and I were even now and I would not allow her to harm another I cared about again, consequences be damned. I was a Sith, the darkside a welcome ally. After tonight, things would change.

I drew my gaze slowly over Malavai’s peaceful face, lingering on his image a moment longer. Only a moment. The time it took to channel my emotions, to bottle them up and keep them waiting. I would need the force of my passion for the battle ahead. All of it.

I snapped the sheet back over Malavai’s face, put my glove back on and returned to the main hold of my ship. No sooner had I gotten there then my daughter contacted me via holoterminal.

“Mother, Lancoro’s advancing ahead,” Tana frowned. “What is he doing?”

I sighed. “He’s going after Mako.”

“He’s an idiot.” My daughter sounded annoyed.

“He’s in love. Hold your position, I’m going after him.”

“Mother-“

“Follow your orders and be battle ready. All of you.” I switched off my holoterminal, and looked at General Pierce.

“Activate our cloak and take the ship down. We’re going planet side.”

(The Bounty Hunter)

Tython

The Ruins of Kaleth

As the escape pod shot out of my ship, I knew I didn’t have the best plan in the world. I knew it was pretty frakking stupid of me to go off half cocked like I was, but all that logic wasn’t translating.

He was coming. Mako, my wife, was planet side with a bunch of idiots who had no idea. They thought it was my mother. They were prepared, but not enough. And they had my wife. In fact, not only did they have my wife, they had convinced her we were some kind of planet murdering monsters.

Granted, I was a little pissed she’d believe that about me. And that she betrayed us. But she and I would work all that out later. First I had to get her.

The pod crash landed, knocking me around a bit, adding new bruises. I had to ram the door to get it to open and I stumbled out. Regaining my balance, I put one hand near my blaster and scanned the quiet forest, confirming that for the moment at least I was alone. I dropped to one knee.

I never meditated. Unless you counted when I wrote in my journal. That was cathartic and all that. But, I had force ability no matter how small and right now I needed it. So I grabbed that super tiny thread, tried to use my emotions to strengthen it and searched for my wife.

For the first thirty seconds I felt stupid. Then I felt that tickle. Then I felt... My eyes snapped open. “Mako.”

She was in the Jedi temple. Frak. No way I was getting in there.

“Where is your mother, Lancoro?”

I turned around just as the rain started. I could not say I was completely surprised to see my Jedi Master Aunt standing there, her blue lightsaber glowing brightly in the darkness. I narrowed my eyes at her. “You’re wrong about her.”

Xerrin came towards me with calm, determined purpose. “Surrender peacefully. I promised Mako you would not be harmed.”

“You have no fraking idea,” I snapped at her. “I want my wife.”

“Where is Laresa, Lancoro?” Xerrin asked, coming closer.

I wasn’t intimidated by a Jedi so I took a step closer too. “I want. My. Wife.”

Battle instinct told me Xerrin was not going to answer, but attack. I was proven right when she stuck out her hand, a force push most likely but I rolled out of the way and started blasting at her. “We’ve got no quarrel with you idiot!”

She force leaped at me, the impact of her landing knocking me off my feet, but I used my jet pack and instead shot up into the sky, flicked a switch on my blaster and unleashed a barrage of small explosions around her.

Xerrin ducked, rolled, and dodged. She’d just come up to her feet when I landed and used my momentum for the punch I aimed at her head. My blow struck, but before I could take another swing I felt her elbow digging my armor into my sternum, snatching my breath. She rolled around me, brought her opposite elbow into the back of my helmet and kicked me in the back, knocking me forward.

I spun around blaster in hand but she was faster. Her lightsaber sliced off the front of my barrel making my weapon useless. Nobody fraked with my blasters. I brought up my other arm, unleashing a wicked stream of fire at her. She slid backwards, holding up her lightsaber, and used the force to protect her.

This was dumb. As much as I really wanted to kill my stupid Aunt, I knew we we’re going to need her. I twirled my second blaster, holstered it and held up my hands, something every battle ready muscle in my body violently protested against.

“Take me to the temple. I want to see my wife. And you moron’s need to know what’s going on.”

“Where is your mother’s fleet Lancoro?”

“I’m not telling you bantha fodder until I see my wife.”

“As you wish.”

I heard nothing after that, because Xerrin moved like lightening and the next second I was out cold.

(The Sith)

Tython

Ruins of Kaleth

My ship hovered undetected high above Tython’s landscape. I was crouched on the half lowered landing ramp as the ship slowly glided. My cybernetic eye scanned the forest that was passing below me. I reached for my son using a mother’s connection to her child. When I felt his presence I frowned darkly.

I jumped off the ramp, using the force to slow my descent and landed neatly on my feet. I had spent very little time on Tython but I suspected I was west of the Ruins of Kaleth.

Through the rain, I heard the approach of footsteps. I had been a Jedi Shadow once, so I blended into the force, watching a patrol of young Jedi jog past me unknowingly.

I reached for my son again, pinpointing his location. He was fighting Xerrin. He would not win. He was strong, but not that strong. Narrowing my eye I broke into a steady run.

It was time for this to end.

Ok two things

One:You know for once I hope sith win beacuse you making me hate the jedi more now.:mad:

Two:I confused about sith warrior (Forget her name)is she dark or gray. To me she sound more gray in these last few chaper of your story.:confused: That my opation don't worry

Ok two things

One:You know for once I hope sith win beacuse you making me hate the jedi more now.:mad:

Well it's super awesome that the writing inspires emotion. Yay!

Two:I confused about sith warrior (Forget her name)is she dark or gray. To me she sound more gray in these last few chaper of your story.:confused: That my opation don't worry

I would say that the moment defines Laresa. As you can see, she's all over the place sometimes.

Chapter 41 – An Overdue Meeting (The Sith)

Tython

Ruins of Kaleth

“Xerrin stop!”

Xerrin whirled around, focusing her Miraluka gaze at me. I had not drawn my weapons. Yet. “It’s not me,” I said my gaze turning immediately to the unmoving form of my son.

Xerrin watched me closely but she backed up a step. I went to Lancoro’s side. I kneeled over my son’s figure, my expression hidden inside the cowl of my robe. Behind me, Xerrin was still in attack position, her blue lightsaber brandished in my direction.

It was almost a cliché scene. Almost. The crack of lightning illuminated us. Rain beat down, warm and heavy, the grass beneath my boots and my son’s body more puddles than ground, unable to absorb the force of the storm fast enough.

He was alive, a relief. I snapped my gaze over my shoulder to my sister, the anger of a mother giving weight to my words. “Why? Why… why… WHY?!” Each word that suddenly flew from my mouth grew louder than the last, my emotions raging.

I abandoned Lancoro’s figure, and surged to my feet. “You know my aims,” I hissed at her. They had Elliah; he had no doubt told her everything.

“I only know you are Sith,” Xerrin said with unwavering conviction.

“I would never have harmed you,” I all but growled.

“But you would burn all that I stand for.”

“Oh, you frakking moron. Have you lost all reason?!”

“Your judgments hold no power over me dark one.”

Tempering back my emotions I canted my head and studied her. I realized it wasn’t that Reide was right, but that Xerrin needed proof. For her it would only come one way.

“Fine.” With one graceful motion I withdrew both my lightsabers, bringing their menacing purple glow to life. “If it is the dark side of the force you wish to face, you will have it.”

Xerrin twirled her lightsaber once, ready. “Your arrogance has blinded you. You will not beat me.”

“Oh, shut up.”

When our blades violently clashed, I could feel the disturbance in the force. This meeting between us was long overdue. I held nothing back this time, and neither did she. The storm raged around us, a perfect background to the sheer violence of our meeting.

As much as I wanted to punish her just a little, I couldn’t let Xerrin waste her strength against me. I would have to end this quickly.

Our sequences were quick, powerful back and forths of attacks, parries, and vicious counterstrikes that had yet to pause. But my sister’s aggression would only go so far and I knew it. She was confused, angry, and afraid of those emotions. I could feel them and the careful control she was deploying over herself.

I had no such reservations and there was plenty of passion sitting inside me tonight. I gave into the raw emotions just enough and my attacks became more chaotic, more aggressive. With dual lightsabers, it could be deadly. To her credit, she didn’t succumb right away, sheer skill and instinct with the force made her blade continue to deflect mine, but I was advancing, faster, closer, and we both knew it was just a matter of time.

I lunged, jumped and twisted, my lightsabers arcing down at her, one after the other. The second knocked her saber from her hand and forced her to one knee. In the next breath I had my blades crossed against her throat.

Xerrin stared at me up, grim resolve on her face. “You’ll never win.”

I arched a brow at her slowly calling back the darkside that taunted me to kill her. “You better hope we do.” I pulled my lightsabers away from her throat and sheathed them. “It’s not me, Xerrin.”

I could sense her confusion as readily as I saw it. “I saw in my vision. You brought your armies to Tython-”

“To protect it!!”

Xerrin was silent for a heartbeat. After a moment she said quietly, “You are not Jedi anymore.”

I placed my sabers back on my utility belt and pulled back my hood, exposing my face completely. “It doesn’t matter. You’re my sister and I made a promise.”

That affected her. I knew it did, I could feel the conflict in her emotions. “You do not use the light side of the force-”

I did not mask my sadness. No less strong then it had been the moment Kazrin died. “I did once.” I took a breath then continued, emotion changing my tone. “Xerrin he was our brother. He was family. I loved him. When my rage overcame me like that… I couldn’t conqueror what everyone was telling us to ignore and I would not be at its mercy. I had to know the darkside.”

Xerrin slowly got to her feet. “But, you stayed there.”

“I like it,” I said truthfully.

“Then why are you here Laresa? What did I feel?”

My jaw set. “You can’t keep secrets from the Emperor when you become his Wrath. When I kneeled before him and looked into his eyes, he saw everything. Including the location of Tython. I knew it was only a matter of time before he targeted this planet. I couldn’t allow that.”

Xerrin’s back stiffened, anger overtaking her face. “This isn’t about me, this is about your own guilt!”

“What?” I stared incredulously at my sister. I surged into her, motioning at the landscape with a disgusted wave of my hand. “Do you think I care if Tython burns? Or Korriban? The only reason I’m here is because of you.”

Xerrin’s brow creased. “Then why are you fighting me?”

At first I wanted to punch her for asking me such a stupid question. After a heartbeat I realized that she’d given up on me. That the thought I was beyond redemption had taken over her senses. She was having trouble seeing me as anything but the villain.

She was going to have to get over it. We had much to do. Still, I answered honestly. “You pissed me off. And-” I jerked my hand down at my son.

Xerrin glanced at Lancoro, still unconscious. “He came for Mako. I told her…”

“I know. He forgave her… he’s a lot like his father.” I added after a moment.

Xerrin brought her gaze back to me and I knew she was studying me with her Miraluka sight. I did not hide from her, this is who I was.

“On Darth Angral’s ship,” she said, “You saved my life.”

So Elliah had told her. That didn’t surprise me. I nodded. “Yes.”

“Why? Tell me true.”

“You are my sister you fool. I would have died before I allowed him to harm you.”

Xerrin stood rigid at my words. I was unsure what she would do next, but I had never expected that she would step into me, and wrap her arms so very tightly around me.

At first I could say nothing. A moment later, “I’m sorry,” I whispered. “Xerrin, I’m so sorry I took Kazrin from us.”

It was ridiculous in that moment, how desperately I craved my sister’s forgiveness. And now I understood in a new way, the torture that Malavai had gone through waiting for mine. It was that thought that pushed the single tear from my eye.

Xerrin said nothing at first; instead she simply squeezed me tighter, cradling me to her. When she finally did find her voice it was no more than a whisper – “I forgive you.”

Chapter 42 - Alliances (The Sith)

Tython

Jedi Temple

It was a strange feeling, walking down the path towards the temple. I'd come this way many times what felt like a lifetime ago as a Jedi. Now I was anything but. More than a few young Jedi stared in my direction as Xerrin and I passed. I’m sure it was odd to see me walking freely alongside a Jedi Master.

A medical droid carried my son to the med bay. I followed my sister into the Jedi Council’s chamber. I was glad to see Elliah standing there among the judgmental faces of the other Jedi Masters.

I greeted him first, walking up to him and pressing my mouth against his cheek. My affection for Elliah grew when he put a quick arm around me and returned my embrace in front of his peers.

“You’ve been causing trouble,” he murmured with quiet amusement.

I grinned faintly. “Only a little.”

One of the Master’s cleared his throat and I stepped away from Elliah, nodding at them all. I was faintly amused by their reaction at seeing one of their so transformed. I wasn’t the first, I was sure I would not be the last.

“Lord Jinobie, Master Tosh has alerted us to the situation,” Grand Master Satele Shan began.

“I hope my presence now lends truth to his words,” I said.

“It does. But we have concerns,” Shan said.

I crossed my arms, hiding them underneath my robe. “Our time is short, but I’m listening.”

“What you will do with your army should we succeed?” Master Bela Kiwiiks asked.

“We will leave,” I said.

I watched several of the Masters exchanged wry glances.

“How can we be sure of that?” Master Jaric Kaedan asked. He didn’t bother to hide how much he disapproved of my being there.

I respected the honesty of his emotion. “Because of her.” I nodded once in Xerrin’s direction. “My loyalty is to my sister. So long as she favors this planet, no harm will come to it,” I said simply.

“I don’t approve of my sisters machinations, but I believe her,” Xerrin said quietly.

Master Kaedan would not be easily swayed. “I can’t say Lord Jinobie, that you having an army of that power didn’t concern us a great deal.”

I looked pointedly at him. “I don’t care. We will leave when this is over, period. Whether it is peacefully or not will be entirely up to you.”

“We can’t trust you. You’ve murdered our men on the battlefield. Good men,” Master Kaedan’s voice rose.

I met his gaze evenly. “And you’ve murdered mine. This is the consequence of war. I’ve murdered the Empire’s men just the same.” My eye narrowed as I slid my gaze over the lot of them. “I sat among you, I worked as your Shadow, a job not for the faint of heart. I’ve seen your flaws. You’re not evil, but you’re not as good as you believe, either. Let’s stop pretending, shall we?”

“Whatever we’ve done was for the benefit of everyone. Our actions are selfless,” Master Kaedan’s voice didn’t sound as strong as it had moments ago.

“Your justification is pointless. The actions are the same.” I waved my hand dismissively. “You waste time. My army will protect this planet when the Emperor arrives. Whether we do it with or without your help is up to you.”

I could see I’d offended some of their egos. Against my darker instinct I offered this: “If it will make you feel better I will relinquish control of my army during this battle to Master Tosh.”

“I would suggest the council at least listen to all of Lord Jinobie’s battle plan,” Elliah said. “We know the Emperor is coming and she can help.”

I waited for Satele to motion that I could proceed, meeting the Grand Masters gaze directly. She nodded, and I tipped my head respectfully at her before I continued;

“The Emperors flag ship will never land. Lord Scourge will secure the hanger bay for our arrival.”

“Our?” Xerrin looked at me.

“Captain Reide Jinobie will fly. Her crew will back up Commander Mekethia Jinobie’s Havoc Squad as they deal with the Emperor’s troops aboard his flagship. Master Xerrin and I will face the Emperor directly. Master Elliah will command my forces on the ground in conjunct with your Jedi. Understand when I say, the Emperor’s personal guard is ten times as vicious as a Sith Lord. They are fanatical in their loyalty to him. You will need as many Jedi on the ground with real combat experience as you have.”

“Why would we trust you to be alone with the Emperor and Master Jinobie? You served as his Wrath. She could be walking into a trap,” Master Kaedan eyed me with no small amount of suspicion.

“A necessary action. And one I intend to use against him. He forced me to watch my sister harmed. My rage eagerly awaits revenge for that offense.” I glanced at Xerrin. “Sorry about Doc.”

My sister’s mouth twitched. “Forgiven.”

I looked back at the Council and could tell they were not taking this lightly. As they shouldn’t. Still, I did not have the patience to suffer through their deliberations. “Discuss this among yourselves. Master Tosh can speak for me. I have a battle to prepare for and a son to check on.”

I turned and Xerrin put a hand on my arm. “About Lancoro,” she started.

I cut her off with a shake of my head. “It was his own fault. He knows better than to let his emotion claim him like that.”

“A mistake we all make.”

I realized as I met my sister’s gaze that she included herself in that statement. My expression briefly softened before I walked out of the room.

Jedi Temple

Medical Bay

I stood in the doorway, watching the droid monitor my son’s vitals. He would be fine, I was not concerned. My mind was on the upcoming battle. My ship had been allowed to land and I’d released Lieutenant Jorgan before I gave into the urge to kill him.

For the moment, I would keep my army in orbit, giving the Council time to come to their own decision. We would waste an advantage however, if we couldn’t get into position before the Emperor arrived. That meant they didn’t get to deliberate for long.

I heard the thud of footsteps behind me and I turned. Mako came running. “What happened to-”

I slammed my fist into her jaw and she dropped to the ground. The sight of her bloody lip made me feel slightly better.

“Okay…” she said after a moment. “I deserved that.”

“I am not as forgiving as my son. Love him for the rest of your life, and I’ll allow you to live.” I turned my back on her before a mothers protective instinct and the anger of the Sith combined and I killed her.

“I didn’t know he was-”

And there went my temper again. I whirled on her, advancing. “He trusted you enough to put his life in your hands every day. Sought the light instead of the dark, for you. Still you believed him a monster.”

Mako stared at the ground for a moment. Then, she brought her gaze to mine. It was written all over her face and I immediately understood. “Because of me,” I said. “You thought that of him, because of me.”

“It’s not an excuse, I know his father is a Jedi. It wasn’t…. it wasn’t just that. I owed Qyzen a debt. I had to repay it.”

Oh what the frak. Emotion crashed into me at Mako’s words. I hated it and hated her for it, because now that I had forgiven Malavai I understood in a way I couldn’t before. In a way that demanded I dislike Mako a little less, now.

“I swear I want that to be the last thing between us. I love him,” Mako’s chin was proud despite the tears that ran from her eyes. “Lord Jinobie I love him so much.”

“Come over here and say that.”

Mako’s eyes couldn’t have moved faster as Lancoro’s voice echoed out from behind me. She ran past me like I wasn’t even there anymore. I turned to watch as she jumped onto Lan. He caught her, and it didn’t appear he was letting her go. I was mollified further because she didn’t look like she was letting him go, either.

“Reporting, my lord.” General Pierce came up behind me.

I turned and immediately fell into step next to him. I could bask in my son’s happiness later. First I had to ensure the Emperor didn’t kill us all.

Laresa does have point both sith and jedi have killed the people they care about and they no different eachother.

I confused about Laresa and Elliah they look still love eachother that just me don't worry.:confused:

Hope Jedi agree to this or they are toast.

I don't blame Laresa for being mad at Mako but she was blackmail into during this.

Ok Laresa going to end up with anybody us (I don't really care)

Chapter 43 – Chokepoint (The Bounty Hunter)

Tython

Med Bay

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

“Just shut up about it. I don’t care. I don’t.” I cradled her head in my hands and pressed my forehead to hers, squeezing my eyes closed. “Don’t ever leave me again.”

I knew she was really mine this time when she squeezed her arms around my neck. She was trying to wrap her whole body around me and I was a big fan of it. “I won’t. I promise.”

“You know me,” I whispered to her. “Don’t let anybody else tell you different.”

“There will be time for that later, my son.”

I opened my eyes to see my father standing behind Mako. I pressed another lingering kiss to her forehead then released her, giving my father my full attention. “Sir?”

“Are you fit enough for battle?” Elliah asked.

“Always,” I said.

“I’m watching his back, too.” Mako added, moving closer to my side.

“Get your armor on then. We have little time.”

(The Sith)

Tython

Jedi Temple

When I walked outside the temple, I felt her before I saw her. Reide. She had a nice bruise on her jaw, but she was standing there in her typical arrogant pose, her hand on her blaster, waiting.

I said nothing as I walked up to her. We shared a glance and that was simply enough.

“We’re good?” she said a moment later.

I nodded easily. “A stupid question.”

“I heard about Quinn,” she said quietly.

My face tightened. I wasn’t ready for the force of that emotion yet, and the strength it took to keep it at bay robbed me of my voice.

“He better have died saving your life.”

It took me a moment but I finally whispered, “He did.”

Reide slowly nodded. “Didn’t like him. Too pretty. You can do better.”

My laugh was short but it came.

Reide smiled faintly. “I’ll get the ship ready.” She touched my shoulder before walking over to the Imperial Shuttle that we’d put down on the small landing pad in front of the temple. Blizz had just climbed off, his ratty brown robe more dirty than usual. I assumed it was because he’d just finished installing the Adegan crystals.

Mekethia was already there, giving orders to her Havoc Squad. Aric stood beside her, one arm in a sling, the other held close to his side. The wounds I had given him ensured he would not participate in battle tonight. Another gift for my undeservering sister, I thought with a faint smirk.

Elliah walked up beside me. “Should the force claim me tonight, I wish you to know how I proud I am to be your husband wife,” he said softly.

I didn’t want to hear that. Not now. “Don’t let the force claim you tonight, or I won’t be proud.”

Elliah simply chuckled.

I pressed my lips against his cheek. “Good Hunting, Elliah.”

“May the force be with you, Laresa.” He winked and me and moved off.

I looked over at Xerrin. “Ready?”

“Let’s go.”

I was walking up the shuttle’s entry ramp when I sensed them. When I turned, my children were standing on the temple steps, watching me. There were battle ready expressions on their faces, but I could feel the strength of their affection. I would use that too in the fight ahead.

I held their gazes a moment longer, then simply turned and boarded the ship.

(The Bounty Hunter)

Tython

Forests around the Jedi Temple

We’d been put into position and we’re waiting. The HK-24 droids with blaster rifles sat on the front line. The droids with the lightsabers guarded the front of the temple with Grandmaster Satele.

Master Kaedan was commanding the Jedi. Elliah stood next to him with the largest squad of the HK’s, Nadia beside him. It was amusing watching General Pierce and Jaesa with them. Pierce kept eyeballing the Jedi like he was sizing them up and found them lacking. Jaesa was eyeballing a particularly young looking Jedi, and I wasn’t sure if she wanted to frak him, or kill him. Possibly both.

Tana and Gault had taken up sniper positions. Kaliyo and Vette were trading Cantina fight stories. Akavi and Torian were talking Mandalorian, comparing staff’s. Blizz was standing on Bodwaar’s shoulders, looking through a pair of modified marcobinoculars that could see into space.

Vanceto paced in front of me, his arms over his armored chest, his cape trailing behind him. Mako pressed into my armored side. I glanced down at her, the affection on my face hidden behind my helmet.

“We’re taking a real honeymoon after this,” she said.

“We are, huh?”

“I’ve got some serious making up to do.”

I was such a huge fan of that. Before I could give her the raunchy response that was on the tip of my tongue though, Blizz shouted.

“Boss, Boss! I see them!"

Chapter 44 – The Thrill of Battle

(The Sith)

Imperial Assault Shuttle

Orbit around Tython

The shuttle needed a co-pilot so Mekethia joined Reide in the cockpit. I’m sure that thrilled the both of them. I stood in the holding bay with Xerrin and Mekethia’s Havoc Squad Troops. I could feel it when the Emperor’s fleet arrived. Reide and Mekethia must have gotten quite the front row view.

I could tell Xerrin could feel him now too, and just as strongly by the way her body tensed. She drew her goggle covered gaze in my direction, studying me.

“He gave you that,” Xerrin said quietly staring at the scar around my throat. “When you let me escape his fortress.”

“Yes,” I said simply. “Scourge helped in the escape.”

“Does it hurt?”

“Usually.”

Xerrin was silent a moment. “Revenge is not the Jedi way. But he doesn’t get to hurt my sister with impunity.”

The shadow of a smile twisted my mouth. “He has plenty of crimes,” I said. “If he surrenders I will defer to you. But we both know he won’t surrender.”

We fell silent after that. Thanks to Scourge, it was not difficult for Reide to navigate the shuttle into the landing bay on the Emperors’ Flagship. Scourge waited for us with a squad of Imperial Assassin Droids that he’d reprogrammed.

I walked up to Scourge, Xerrin next to me. Mekethia’s troops dispersed cautiously. A moment later, she and Reide joined us.

“You do not have much time,” Scourge said. “He will grow stronger as the battle progresses. I will assist the Commander and hold off his forces here. You’ll find him in his throne room. You remember the way?”

I nodded once. Of course I did. I had been eagerly waiting this moment for years. I glanced over at Reide. “Don’t let some Havoc squad Trooper outshoot you.”

Reide grinned darkly back at me. “Now who’s talking bumblefluff?”

I chuckled and put my helmet on.

Reide looked at Xerrin. “Hey, Jedi?”

“Yes?”

Reide tipped her head in my direction. “How about being a big sister for once, and making sure nothing happens to her?”

My helmet hid my faint smile.

Xerrin held Reide’s gaze for a long moment. “Don’t let anything happen to you either,” she said finally. “May the force be with you Reide.”

Reide just nodded turning her attention to Scourge. Xerrin stepped close to me.

“Do not contain your passion,” I said walking towards the ominous metal doors that would take us into the Emperor’s ship.

Xerrin quirked a brow at me. “You can’t mean-”

“Not all passion comes or leads to a dark place. You know that.” I looked over at her. “Your skill is not enough. If you hold back, he will kill you.”

Xerrin said nothing, but I could sense she understood. Hopefully she would comply. I had no intention of losing my sisters tonight, but I was not foolish enough to think I could defeat him alone. I needed my sister as much as I needed the Jedi. For the duration of this battle, I hoped she would be both.

As the doors slide open I used the force to render us both unseen. We moved swiftly through the wide corridors, bypassing the majority of the Emperors Dark Guard completely and slipping undetected by those we did pass.

Two red uniforms stood watch in front of the doors to the Emperor’s Throne room. Xerrin and I attacked at the same time making quick work of both of them. Neither of us hesitated to force open the doors.

He was alone. A single dark entity with incredible power. The Sith in me salivated at the thought of taking it from him. I brandished my second lightsaber, twirling them both once in heady anticipation of this fight.

He rose from his throne like some God of myth. I would have attacked him then, but I waited because I knew Xerrin was duty bound to at least say:

“Surrender and no harm will come to you.”

The Emperor did not brandish a lightsaber, but an energy whip. He uncoiled it slowly, his darkside tainted face hidden within the shadows of his cowl. “Cherish this moment,” his voice cut through the air like a phantom. “I’m going to make you kill each other. A fitting end for two meddlesome sis-“

I had no patience for his ego filled speeches. It was time wasted killing him. I attacked.

(The Smuggler)

Emperor’s Flagship

Landing Bay

I knew it was coming the moment the doors closed behind Laresa and Xerrin. I could feel Mekethia’s deception and I wondered why Mr. Emperors Wrath didn’t.

Maybe he did was and was just ready to check out. Regardless, Scourge was about to turn his reprogrammed droids on, when smooth as all chaos she stepped into him and put him down just like that. I had my blasters out before his body hit the floor, one pointed at my unbelievable sister, the other at one of her troopers.

“Relax Reide,” Mekethia said, taking over where Scourge had left off with the droids. “I need your guns for this fight.”

I hadn’t lowered my blasters yet, but I wasn’t surprised by what she said. “And after it?”

Mekethia glanced over at me. The expression on that Sith face of hers spoke volumes. I smirked and lowered my guns but I didn’t put them away. “You know you make a better Sith then you realize.”

I could tell that pissed her off, I could feel it. Like I cared. She and I were due to have one, and Laresa was just going to have to forgive me.

“To the Bridge. Let’s move,” Mekethia said. One of her Troopers handed her blaster cannon. She left the droids to guard the landing bay, and I followed her and her lackeys. This was going to have an interesting ending, I could feel it.

The Bounty Hunter

Tython

Forest Around the Jedi Temple

I’ll admit, watching the Emperor’s Dark Guard descend from all those sleek, black cargo transports had the potential to be pretty intimidating. After that awe moment, I just wanted to kick the crap out of all of them.

The rain had slowed, its misty smell a strange mix over top of the battle ready energy radiating from all of us. Vanceto roared like a bear and brandished his lightsaber. It was pretty cool seeing his red one light up next to all the green and blue one’s the Jedi carried. “Are you ready brother?” he said it like a battle charge.

I stepped up next to him, pointed my blaster at one of the Dark Guard’s walking off the transport ship and put one in his head. “That’s one.”

Vanceto let go a vicious laugh and sprung. I gave my wife a slap on the rear, then charged off after him covering his back while Tana cleared a path for me from her sniper position. I could hear Akaavi and Torian’s Mandalorian battle cries, heard some bombs going off, and what suspiciously sounded like someone shouting:

“Let me show you my gun!”

Which got a laugh out of me right before an Dark Guard clocked me, and promptly got beheaded by my brother. I stuck my arm around Van, shooting one of the red armored punks that tried to creep, spun around as Vanceto did and for the next few awesome chaotic moments we fought back to back.

General Pierce liked shooting a hook into them, then yanking them closer so he could beat them down with the butt of his rifle. Jaesa looked ******ic every time she killed one of them, creepy Sith that she was.

In-between ducks, and dodges, jet punches and blaster shots, I’d catch a glimpse of my father and Master Kaedan fighting together and that almost felt like cheating to me. Don’t get me wrong, my mother hadn’t been kidding when she talked about the Dark Guard, more than a few Jedi were getting cut down left and right, seemingly effortlessly. But those two were ridiculous. My father was a strange mix of calm and intense at the same time, and Master Kaedan was a pure warrior. I don’t think either of them had paused yet, it was just one insanely skillful sequence after the next.

“I don’t think they brought enough people,” I heard Tana say in my ear piece. I would have laughed, but one of those red uniforms got me around the waist and took me to the ground. I wrestled with him, threw my body weight and got him pinned underneath me. A second later I burned his face off, heard my brothers shout and somersaulted forward just as he threw his lightsaber over me, taking out another one.

I got to my feet just in time to see one more of those transport ships land. When they opened, Sith came out of them.

Force users would make this fight a lot more interesting. “You just had to open your mouth didn’t you,” I said.

Vanceto threw his cape off, rolling his shoulders around. “Come on brother, do you wanna live forever!”

“Maybe a few more years, yeah.” But of course I was right behind him.

I hoped Mom and Aunt Reide were having as much fun as we were.

Chapter 45 – Death Becomes Some of Us Part 1

(The Sith)

Emperor’s Flagship

Throne Room

Knowing how to use your opponent’s weapon, their fighting style, all assisted evening the score during a battle. The Emperor had added to his advantage over us with his whip. It was not a weapon either I or Xerrin faced with regularity and he was deadly with it. My first attack was the reason for the burning pain in the back of my shoulder, his whip having caught me on a spin and ripped through my armor to slice open the skin beneath it.

He cracked the whip at Xerrin, a vicious arc that forced her to roll out of the way. He used the force to rock the whip back quicker than it should have moved towards me and he was fast enough to sneak past my guard, snapping the tip against my helmet. The strike sent a sharp jolt of electricity through the metal and I blanched, stumbling backwards but forced roared at him, taking him back just a step.

He rolled the whip around his body, catching Xerrin before she could get close and wrapped the energy coils around her lightsaber, yanking it out of her hand.

Now he was just pissing me off. I slide quickly forward, the front of my boot clipping him. He dropped, and I was on my feet, my lightsaber poised to ram into his chest, but he was faster. He shot his hand out and a blast of lightening crashed into me, knocking me backwards. Mid flight, I managed to throw one of my lightsabers to my sister, and then I crashed to the ground, pain rocketing through my system. I could smell the smoke coming off my armor, and though my body protested I forced myself up to my hands and knees, a good start.

The Emperor had abandoned the whip and was using Xerrin’s own lightsaber to block and counter her attacks. It was brilliant, so very fast, lethal movements from the both of them but for my sister it wasn’t enough. He forced her back a step, she lost her footing and he thrust his saber past hers, the point jabbing her shoulder.

Her sharp sound of pain brought me to my feet, pure rage sending me forward faster. Before he could take the kill shot my saber was underneath his, catching the blow, twisting my body to whip my heavy boot across his cheek, the murderous sound that flew from my mouth giving more power to my strike. The force of it made him spin mid air before he hit the ground.

Breathing hard I offered a quick hand down at my sister, keeping my eyes on the Emperors rising frame. “Don’t tell me you’re tired."

The Smuggler

Emperors Flagship

Bridge

I stuck my boot on the back of the Dark Guard’s neck and pulled the trigger, my blaster making a mess of his head. Mekethia was standing on the bridge at the controls.

“Take the rest of the team and plant the explosives,” she ordered what was left of her Havoc squad.

I quirked a brow at her, slowly walking closer. “What explosives?”

“Set the detonator for three minutes. Don’t wait for me. Take one of the Shuttles and go when you’re done,” she said to Sergeant Dorne or something, pointedly ignoring me.

As her lackeys went skittering off I got right in her face. “What explosives, Mekethia?”

“The Republic cannot trust the fate of the Emperor to just the Jedi. They had a chance once and they failed. I’m here to see that doesn’t happen again.”

Fraking Republic. Can’t say I was surprised. “With or without your Sith sister?”

Mekethia’s eyes narrowed. “Darth Jinobie is an acceptable causality. She wouldn’t have been allowed to leave Tython anyway-”

I punched her right into her stupid mouth. It knocked her back a step, and split her lip open. “You’re the one that killed Quinn aren’t yah?”

Mekethia straightened, wiping the blood from her mouth. “I don’t know why he stopped her from killing me, but I was well versed in Captain Malavai’s Quinn record. He’s responsible for the slaughter of hundreds of republic troops. His death was a republic victory.”

Every syllable that flew out of her mouth was like a log on my temper. I took off my gun belt, dropping it to the ground and came right at her, fists swinging. “You’ve hurt her for the last time, you frakking *****.”

“She deserves worse for what she did to Kazrin!” Mekethia growled and surged forward to meet me, blocking my strikes and trying to land her own. I blocked her incoming fists, one right after the other, caught her next swing and rammed my fist into her throat, then again across her jaw, letting her arm go so I could have the satisfaction of watching her drop to a knee.

“Get up *****,” I said to her. “We’re not even close to done.”

The Jedi

Emperor’s Flagship

Throne Room

I got to my feet with a wince. “I slipped,” I said indignantly.

“Indeed,” I could hear the amusement in Laresa’s tone.

It bled away as the Emperor came at us again, fury literally radiating off him.

It was powerful; his rage. I could feel it hovering around me like a fog, trying to blur my thoughts, probing at my fears, heightening the pain of the battle with every movement I made.

I clung to the lightside of the force, willed it stronger around me like a force field as we engaged. We’d begun driving him backwards and for the first time since the battle started I felt the faint hope of triumph leaking through.

But then his movements became so fast they were almost a blur. He back kicked Laresa away from him, spun into me and got close enough that he could punch my injured shoulder. The pain forced the sound of my mouth, his next strike took the saber out of my hand. I shot my palm up to use the force, but he shot a stream of lightening back at me.

I’d felt his before, this sense of almost… panic at the sheer power behind his command of the darkside. My brow drew together, my teeth gritting as I pushed back. Just when I thought I couldn’t hold it another minute Laresa attacked him, drawing his attention away.

I collapsed to one knee, drawing in a heavy breath and quickly called Laresa’s lightsaber back to my hand. The hilt had just touched my palm when I saw him break through Laresa’s guard, kicking the saber out of her hand. She blocked his next strike with solely the force, but he shoved his other hand into her chest and drove lightening into her, the force of it drilling her into the ground.

What exploded inside of me in that moment I had not felt in a very, very, long time. It was not so much the unquenchable desire to harm him as it was to protect her. I was on my feet in the next breath, running, and then I slide in front of my sister, right into the blast, catching it with my lightsaber.

I glared at this menace, the force of my sudden passion pushing the lightening right back at him. “Get. Away. From. Her.”

Chapter 45 - Death Becomes Some of Us Part 2

The Smuggler

Emperor’s Flagship

The Bridge

Electricity sparked as Mekethia frakking body slammed me into the control panel. Metal buttons and levers jammed into my back, in a dozen places and they all hurt like hell. She drew back her fist to hit me and I put my forearms up blocking her strike then used the force to knock her back away from me.

I got to my feet just as she came at me again, and we were locked in, sweat and blood jumping from our skin with every sharp motion. She got me right across the cheek, and I kicked her knee out. We danced around each other again, and then she rammed into me, catching me around the waist and we flipped over the railing, toppling a short distance to land on the floor in a heap. I felt her fists pounding frantically into my side, punishing my kidneys and I head butted the ***** to get her to stop, then flipped her off of me.

I got to my feet with a wince. “Sure don’t teach you much at that trooper academy do they?”

When Mekethia whirled around she had a blaster in her hand. It would figure. She didn’t hesitate to squeeze the trigger and I dove but the first blast gave me a nice flesh wound right across the ribs and nicked my favorite jacket, making me briefly consider smothering her with it.

I somersaulted forward, dove behind a long table, used the force to call my blaster to my hand and then I popped right up. Her blast struck me clean through the shoulder, mine went right through her big, dumb, head.

I was breathing hard, and I would have smiled when her body dropped lifeless to the floor but the muscles in my face were a little beaten up and didn’t feel like it. “That’s what you get, cheatin, *****.” I did shout over to her, and sunk back onto the table, wincing.

Then, I heard an explosion. The force of it rocked through the whole ship and I almost lost my footing. If we survived this, when we got planet side I was going to shoot every single Trooper I saw.

The Sith

Emperor’s Flagship

Throne Room

“Laresa get up. Get up.”

Pain rocked through my system. Calling upon the darkside of the force to help me take back control of my motor functions I shoved my helmet off with a sharp growl. My eye implant had short circuited under his attack, I could see nothing from it. I could feel the warmth of my own blood leaking from my ear and I suspected that implant had suffered the same fate.

“Get. Up.”

My sister’s voice snapped through the fog. I jerked my head up just in time to see the Emperor disappear, then reappear in front of her, kick her knee out and drive his hand into her chest, her back crashing into the ground at his feet.

Growling. I leaped at the Emperor again, landing next to him, the force of it knocking him backwards.

And then I attacked him, using his own hatred to enhance mine, letting every single emotion I’d ever held in check explode, filling my thoughts with the memory of Kazrin’s death, of Malavai’s, a mothers fear at letting her children go into battle, a sisters rage watching her family harmed, all of it because of this lunatics quest for planet destroying power.

Xerrin was at my side in the next breath and I do not know what drove her passion but I could feel the force of it, different than mine, but no less powerful. We moved like one person, a vicious dance of pure focused power. Lightside. Darkside.

The Emperor tried to use the force, Xerrin pushed back. I disappeared, then reappeared behind him but he snapped the lightsaber behind his back, blocking my strike, brought it round his body to catch Xerrin’s and simultaneously back kicked, forcing me to jump backwards and giving him the chance to flip to the side out from between the two of us.

But I gave him no pause. I used the force to rip up the metal floor as if I was still a Jedi Consular and sent it hurtling towards him. He used the force to catch the debris with one hand, and quickly brought up his saber hand so his blade sparked against Xerrin’s with angry hiss. He thrust the metal back at me and engaged Xerrin in a fast and vicious sequence.

I flipped over the debris and flung my lightsaber at the Emperor mid air. He kicked Xerrin’s saber hand away, twisted to deflect my lightsaber back at me, and Xerrin shot her hand out to force push him.

The timing was perfect. It only sent him back an inch, but I had landed behind him and I jammed my lightsaber forward forcing it into his back. A vicious sense of triumph shot through me and I pushed harder, shoving my blade deeper into him. His form tensed and I thought for a split second he just might break free but Xerrin stepped into him and thrust her saber into his chest, just above mine.

He glared at her in furious defiance, but could do nothing as the life force rapidly fled his body.

“I. Am. Eternal,” he whispered.

I stepped closer to him, my chin at his shoulder, my mouth near his ear. “Every time you find a body, we’re just going to kill it,” I whispered. “Count on that.”

We pulled our sabers from his form simultaneously and he fell to his knees. I walked around him, standing next to my sister, watching with cold satisfaction as his body toppled over. Dead.

The rush of victory after such a well fought battle was a delicious feeling. I basked in it in my own way, Xerrin in hers for several silent moments. Then she handed me back my lightsaber and stuck out her hand to call back her own from the Emperors dead fingers.

I placed both blades on my utility belt, wincing. “Med droid?”

Xerrin smiled faintly. “I know a doctor.”

I arched an amused brow at her. Before she could say anything else though, alarms started going off. A second later an explosion rocked the ship and the force of it knocked my sister and I off balance.

“What the frak?” I muttered.

“Time to go,” Xerrin said.

I agreed. Despite my bodies violent protesting, we ran out of the throne room and I literally bumped into Reide in the hallway.

She looked as beat up as we were. “Gotta go, frakking republic put bombs on the ship.”

“What!?” Just by Xerrin’s tone, I could tell she had not been privy to Havoc Squads orders.

“Be mad about it later, let’s go, let’s go.” Reide sprinted down the corridor and we were right behind her.

I’d like to say it was easy going but every time an explosion hit, the ship tilted and knocked us off our feet. I suspected we were cheating death by mere seconds, and reveled in the rush of it.

“Where’s Mekethia, Reide?” Xerrin shouted her question just as we arrived in the landing bay. Reide didn’t answer until we were on the ship and she was high tailing it straight for the cockpit.

“Whaddya think happened to her? And for the frakking record I didn’t start it!” Reide finally snapped. “Get that door closed and hang on!”

Xerrin hesitated on the ramp. I touched her shoulder. “She chose her own path, Xerrin. We must go.”

Xerrin looked back at me. She hesitated another second, then nodded and climbed aboard. As another explosion sounded around us, I knew it would be a miracle if we didn’t share Mekethia’s fate.

Chapter 46 - Jinobie FTW (The Bounty Hunter)

Tython

Forests around the Jedi Temple

It had been one of the most intense battles of my life. My knee was sore again, I had about a dozen little aches and pains and a splitting headache, and I couldn’t stop grinning.

“The Emperor is dead.” Kept ringing through my mind.

When the Emperors Flagship had exploded in the sky above us, the battlefield had changed in that instant. Confirmation that that lunatic was dead had surged everyone into greater action. The fight had been over minutes after that moment. I could still hear the faint cries of celebration.

I walked past the dark red uniforms that had fallen, my blasters pointed down at them, making sure they were dead. There were the bodies of Jedi too, and pieces of broken droids, but those were a lot fewer than all the pretty red uniforms.

Mako had gone into the temple to assist the wounded in Med Bay. Dad was coordinating the return of the HK’s that survived the battle back onto our transport ship. Master Kaedan stood next to Dad, watching it all with an overly suspicious eye as if he expected us to attack any minute.

Couldn’t say I blamed them for being cautious but because I knew we weren’t going to attack them it was pretty funny to watch.

I finished my final sweep and twirled my blasters before I holstered them. Tana and Vanceto walked up to me. Tana sipping from a bottle with a ripped off label. She handed it to me and I took a healthy swig of it.

“Mom and Aunt Reide’s shuttle hasn’t landed yet,” Tana said, worrying her lower lip with her teeth. “They made it right?”

I paused, frowning lightly. “I didn’t feel anything. Did you Vanceto?”

Vanceto took a moment and I could tell he was using the darkside of the force. Finally he shook his head. “I can’t feel her, but I don’t think she’s dead.”

“You know what, if Dad’s worried I’ll be worried,” I said motioning over at him.

That seemed to pacify my sister and brother both. “So what’s next?” Tana asked pointedly.

“I’m taking a real honeymoon,” I said, handing the bottle back to her.

“I’m getting married,” Vanceto said. “To Vette.”

I quirked a brow at him. “You ask her yet?”

“No,” Vanceto admitted grinning wolfishly. “But her yes, is all but certain.”

“I will laugh at you forever if she turns you down,” I said honestly. I would.

“You’re both a bunch of girls.” Tana rolled her eyes at us.

Vanceto and I turned to look directly at Tana. “Lancoro, I’m sensing a disturbance from our sister.”

I nodded gravely. “It’s called hater-aid.”

Tana punched me, and slapped Vanceto. We grinned at her.

“Keep yourselves out of trouble,” she shoved the bottle she was drinking from at me, grinned faintly at us, and walked off.

Vanceto and I watched her depart. “I’m glad she doesn’t have a boyfriend,” he said after a moment.

“I’d kill the punk,” I nodded in agreement.

Vanceto grinned darkly. “Slowly though.”

“Meh, if he didn’t mouth off too much, maybe.”

My brother chuckled and touched my shoulder. “Enjoy your honeymoon Lancoro.”

“Good luck with Vette.”

I smiled at his departure and took another swig from the bottle.

(The Sith)

Tython

Ruins of Kaleth

Xerrin stood at the bottom of the ramp.

How we had managed to escape the Emperors ship before it had exploded I would credit to Reide’s incredible ability with a starship. On Xerrin’s request we had landed deep into the forest, north of the Ruins.

“You can’t come back with me,” Xerrin said quietly. “If Mekethia had standing orders to blow that ship, I don’t trust they’ll let you leave.”

“I’m pretty sure Resa and I could take them,” Reide said, despite the exhaustion on her still bloody face.

The look Xerrin gave her was one of scolding, but her expression reminded me very much of the way she would look upon Reide and I when were children. It brought the faint smile to my mouth.

Even so, I had to ask, “Tell me sister, are you concerned for your republic friends, or have you remembered the bonds of family again?”

Xerrin stepped into me, hugging me tightly. I returned her embrace, despite the pain it caused. She did the same to Reide and though she tried to look indifferent to it, I could tell Reide was not unaffected by it.

Xerrin stepped back, gave us a last lingering glance then turned, walking away. Reide watched her for a moment, then retreated back into the ship. I took a single step forward.

“Xerrin?”

Xerrin paused and glanced over her shoulder at me. “Hmm?”

“Tell Elliah I want a divorce.”

Xerrin quirked an amused, curious brow.

“I don’t love him. Not the way the Nadia does,” I said quietly.

Xerrin paused and I could tell by the expression on her face her thoughts had strayed to someone that was not Elliah.

“It’s worth it Xerrin,” I said, the shadow of a smile touching my mouth. “But you already knew that.”

She smiled back at me, and with another word walked away.

“We leavin this ugly planet or what?” Reide shouted.

I laughed and winced at the same time. “Oh, shut up. I’m coming.”

Epilogue (The Sith)

The Crystal Vanguard

I stood next to Malavai’s coffin. The lid was closed, his body encased inside. I smoothed my hand over the wood, memories ripening my emotion.

“I regret nothing Malavai,” I said quietly. “Not one moment of it. I suspect, no matter how much it hurt neither did you.”

I dropped my hand and stepped back, reaching behind me to press the button. The belt drew the coffin through the chamber, and a second later shot it out into the cold, infinite beauty of space.

“May the force be with you Malavai,” I whispered, watching him until the darkness had claimed him and I could no longer see. Lingering in my emotions a moment more, I finally drew them under control went back to the main hold of my ship.

No sooner had I gotten there then I felt it. It hit me so strongly my hand flew to my heart, my other bracing me on the wall.

What? No. No.

“My Lord,” Pierces urgent voice. “There’s been some kind of attack,” his voice carried his disbelief. “Both the Citadel on Dromund Kaas and the Jedi Temple on Tython have exploded.”

The vicious hand of dread squeezed my heart, robbing me of my breath. “Find my family, General Pierce. Now.”

Except despite my order I knew where they were. And I knew we were too late.

The End (for now)

What a finish!!! Holy crap! Well done!! Encore! Very much looking forward to part 2. This has been one of my all time favorite reads I love you characters, even Mekethia loved to hate her. Need to give my emotions a break now.

^^This right here, very nice!

• 3 months later...

All right peeples, Legacy Wars is back! For this story as I did in part 1 I write in multiple points of view. If I'm going for first person of a particular character I'll put their title above each section. No title means its third person. I like experimenting with different things. Secondly, as I did with part 1, there will be an *ahem* adult version (no black screens) up on my website, you'll find the link in my sig tag. Third, I tend to write very organically, story develops itself as I write it. This presents the challenge of carrying things I started which can be fun. Basically I'm telling you this because as it stands right now this story is turning out to be very dark. Attachments to characters could be bad for your emotional health. You've been warned. :D

As always your feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged.

http://www.themindofdcs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/interview-divider.png

Legacy Wars: Death of The Force

24 hrs after the attack on Tython and the Death of The Emperor

Chapter 1: What the Frak?

The Smuggler

Port Nowhere

Cantina

"Who kicked your ***?"

My grin would have been wider, but I still had one hell of a bruise from my fight with Mekethia. I turned my head, meeting the cocky, affectionate grin of Andronikos Revel.

"Who busted you out of Imperial prison? Oh wait, that was me." I looked away from him so I could knock back my drink, but my amusement was the same. Some men were useful. Some were booty calls. And then there was Andro. I refused to call him Nikki, stupid frakking nickname.

"You bringing up ancient history to change the subject?" He sat down next to me as the bartender refilled my glass. "I heard about what went down on Tython. Why didn't you call me?"

"It was a family matter."

"I'm not family?"

"Nope." I hid my smile in the quick sip I took.

He got so close I could feel his breath on my face. "********."

I slowly turned my head towards his. Our noses touched. "You get a room or are we doing it right here?"

"Wouldn't be the first time. You sure you up for it?" Concern flickered in his eyes. "I don't like being gentle."

This time I let him see my smile. Dusted my mouth over his. "You couldn't break me if you tried."

"Don't say I didn't warn you." He didn't give a damn if I put my drink down or not. Luckily I knew him well enough that I did, just in time for him to toss me carelessly over his shoulder. The movement irritated the frak out of the knick I'd gotten in my side but I didn't particularly care about the pain. He'd make up for it.

-Black Screen-

Sheer instinct woke me up despite how comfortable I was. I was sprawled across Andro's bare chest, his arm around me, his warm hand on my back and in about ten seconds something was going to go wrong.

"Reide-"

"I know."

We were already out of bed and on the floor when the door to the room was knocked open and a hail of blaster fire from the assault droid rained down into the mattress. We both pulled our blasters from underneath the bed and fired back, ripping the big metal machine apart. The droid collapsed with a hiss and lots of sparks.

We'd no sooner gotten to our feet then an explosion rocked the floating space port.

"What the frak?!" I growled and started throwing on my clothes. Andro was doing the same.

"What trouble are you in now Ria?"

"Me? You sure this isn't about you Pirate Boy?"

"I'm not the one out killing Emperors!"

He had a point. I threw on my jacket, turned on my cybernetic ear implant and connected to the holonet. Andro was at the door, firing at something in the hallway. I pulled my second blaster from the nightstand as another explosion hit, nearly knocking me off my feet.

"This isn't how I intended to spend the night." Andro growled and shot someone else. Considering his temper, it might not have been one of the bad guys.

"Yeah me either." I joined him in the doorway peeking to see if the coast was clear. "You bring your ship?"

"Not this time. Riding with you. Let's go."

We were jogging down a corridor towards the hanger bay when the news cast came through my implant. I ground to a halt. Andro bumped into my back. "What's wrong?"

It wasn't the shock that was keeping me immobile it was the implications of it. "The... Citadel and Jedi Temple are gone. They exploded."

"What?!"

Had Xerrin and Elliah been in the temple? Where had Laresa's kids been? And if we were getting attacked, then Laresa- "We gotta move."

"You're the one that stopped."

We raced through the spaceport. I had no idea who sent the droids that were inside killing everyone and at the moment I didn't care. I knew we needed to know, but I had to get to my sister first.

I may or may not have loved Andro a little more when I got to the hanger door and realized that he had a data core from one of the droids we'd blasted apart on the way here in his hand. "I'm flying," he said.

"Yeah, okay." Sarcasm dripped from my voice as we both raced to the cockpit. The who was a better pilot was an argument we had frequently.

"You need to call your crew and find your sister. You can't do that if your flying."

I grit my teeth together. "Fine. But you better not get a scratch on her!" I quickly changed course, halting in front of my holo terminal and put in the call to Laresa's ship. "C'mon, c'mon, pick up."

The Jedi

Tython

Kalikori Village

I was standing in the forest, a few clicks from the Twi'lek settlement. I had close friends there, and a place to stay when I needed privacy. Several years ago I had taken half a dozen young Padawans in need of real combat training and left with them with a young, but capable Twi'lek Captain to protect their settlement and people from the flesh raiders while the rest of the Jedi slowly removed those that could not be rehabilitated to live in peace.

It had helped repair the bond between the Jedi and Twi'leks that shared Tython. But, I wasn't thinking about that particular accomplishment just now. I was recalling what Laresa had said to me just a short day ago. A smile hovered. Wait until I told her that I'd decided to take her advice.

"Hey gorgeous. You wanted to see me?"

I slowly turned, letting my miraluka gaze rest on Doc. He looked tired, but content. He'd spent the better part of the last twelve hours in med bay, helping tend to the Jedi that had been hurt during the fight. He was one of the best combat doctors I'd ever had the honor of witnessing in action. He was playfully arrogant, had relentless ambition and I silently hoped, still in love with me.

I watched his gaze lower and something akin to curiosity take over his face when he saw that the lightsaber I usually carried was nowhere to be found.

"Xerrin? What's wrong?"

"You gave me a speech," I said softly. "Before you asked me to marry you."

Doc went very, very still. I barely heard him when he finally said, "I did."

"Will you say it again?"

"Xerrin-"

I took another step closer and laid a gentle hand on his chest. "Please."

At first he said nothing and I quickly blocked out my sight completely. I didn't want to watch his emotions flare around him while he made his decision. I held perfectly still, waiting. Hoping...

"All right. You win. Here's the deal. I'm good-looking, smart, and charming. I'm a top flight medical specialist who does charity work. I've completely stopped looking at other women, which should be physically impossible. Bottom line..." he stopped.

"I love you," Xerrin finished for him.

Doc's face twisted. His hands came up and closed around my shoulders, as if he was uncertain whether to push me away or pull me closer. "What are you doing Xerrin?"

"I'm not a Jedi anymore," I said quietly.

I could hear the shock in his voice. "What? Why?"

"I've spent the better part of my life putting duty before family. I have no regrets about that. I am honored and humbled to have been able to accomplish what I have as a Jedi Master," I lifted my hand and touched his cheek. "But, now I think I'd like a change."

"That better be spending the better part of the rest of your life with me."

I slowly smiled. "If you wouldn't mind asking me again."

I unblocked my sight so I could see him now, and would have laughed at the expression on his face except he'd chosen that moment to kiss me. Something he had not done in a very, very long time. I wound my arms around his neck, holding him closer.

He drew away far too soon. "Xerrin-"

"Yes," I brushed my nose against his and smiled against his mouth. "Yes."

Doc hadn't been able to respond, an explosion rocked the forest and caught us, flinging Doc and I violently backwards.

The impact of my landing stole my breath and sent debilitating pain ricocheting through me. I tried to use the force to hang onto consciousness but it wasn't working. My ears were ringing, my limbs were not responding, and even my miraluka sight was hazy, leaving me unable to focus on anything with any clarity.

I heard someone call out to me, but it was too late. I was swallowed into darkness.

The Sith

The Crystal Vanguard

I paced in a thin line in the main hold of my ship. General Pierce was standing in front of the holo terminal trying to active the locator beacons on my children's ships. "Where are they General Pierce?"

I couldn't feel them. I couldn't feel any of them and there could only be one reason for that. But before Pierce could confirm my fears Assassins appeared.

I don't how they got onto my ship, or who they were working for but they were everywhere. I felt the blade of a knife back stab me. Their mistake was that they missed my heart. My rage exploded, enveloping me in the raw power of the dark side and I didn't bother controlling it.

I wouldn't be able to recall the fight, not the details of it, only that I heard my crew shooting, heard them fighting around me but that was a very faint backdrop to the screams as I dealt death to every single fool that tried to attack me. When the last one fell, the rush of adrenaline faded and I collapsed to one knee. Jaesa was down. So was Pierce. I didn't know if they were dead or alive.

I heard one of the Assassins groan and jerked my gaze to his body. Sticking out my shaking hand I used the force to yank him to me. I put my hand around his throat and squeezed. "Who..." I gasped out. He said nothing and my anger surged again. It gave me the strength to roar into his face. "WHO!"

"Xerrin," he choked out.

That couldn't be right. He couldn't possibly be telling me- I tightened my grip. "My sister did not send you," I growled.

"Yes... yes... not... who you think...please..."

My rage became so great without a second thought I crushed his windpipe with the strength of my hand alone.

Xerrin couldn't have. It was impossible-

I collapsed.

The Savage Sigil

Vanceto propped a shoulder in the archway. Vette stood in the cargo hold, a clipboard in her hand, taking inventory. She was humming to herself, something distinctly Twi'lek. She did not notice his presence and Vanceto took full advantage of it. A smile softened the hard, Sith like features of his face as he folded his arms over his chest and drew his dark brown eyes over her.

She must have finally felt his stare because she abruptly stopped singing and whirled around. Vanceto merely grinned at her. "Hello."

She shot him a heat less glare. "Don't sneak up on me like that."

"I wasn't sneaking," he said easily. She was beautiful. He loved her. He needed to tell her at once. "Vette-"

"Don't look at me like that either." She quickly turned around again.

Vanceto quirked an amused brow. He uncoiled from the door, coming slowly towards her. Stalking her. "Why can't I?"

"Because. We're friends. Drinking buddies. Your mom is one of my closest friends and I don't think she'd approve of anything else. Plus, you're a Sith Lord. I'm nothing special."

He took hold of her, abruptly turned her to face him with his hands on her arms and pressed his mouth against hers. She was shocked and stiff against him for the first few seconds. He softened his hold, drew his arms around her and slowly pulled her closer to him. That did it. Her fingers gripped the front of his robe, bunching it in her grasp, and her quick, witty little mouth became the most passionate thing he'd ever tasted in his life. He cupped his fingers around the back of her neck, tilting his head and deepened his kiss.

Eventually he broke away, his breath as heavy as hers. Vette still had her eyes closed. Despite the fact that she was flushed and warm, she still tried to change the subject. "Y-You fought really well yesterday. You looked... powerful. Laresa would have been proud to see it."

Her words filled him with pride. He did not diverge from his current path though. "Marry me, Vette?" He asked quietly.

Her eyes shot open. "What?"

"I will have you know, there are only two women I will kneel before." Vanceto dropped down, looking up at her. Her eyes were huge. "Marry me."

"Stop that. Get up. What are you doing?" Vette hissed at him.

"I'm proposing. And if you don't say yes, I will kiss you until you do."

She blushed furiously. "Van..."

"I love you Vette. And you love me. Say yes."

She proved his words with the expression that moved across her face.

But before she could give him an answer, his ship was attacked.

The Bounty Hunter

Coruscant

Silent Sun Cantina

Mako was standing in front of the bar. I was crowded behind her, her back against my chest, my arms resting on the edge of the bar on either side of her, hemming her in the way she liked. She curled a hand around my arm, occasionally moving to the music that was playing. The place was loud tonight, they were partying like the Emperor was dead, because he was.

That wasn't why we were there though. Agent Izak had information on Mako's parents. Before we'd left Tython, Aunt Xerrin had told Mako to meet Izak here so, before I stole my wife away on our well deserved honeymoon we made the pit stop.

"Where do you want to go after this?" I asked her.

"Anywhere but republic or empire space. Let's go find an abandoned planet with a beach or something," Mako tilted her head back against my chest to look up at me.

"Only if you promise to sun bathe in the nude," I grinned lecherously down at her.

She blushed and I broke into laughter. "Deal," she said. "I love you."

I kissed her forehead, pulling my arm from the bar so I could wrap it around her. "Love you too. Want to dance Mrs. Jinobie?"

"I'd love t-"

I never even sensed it coming and I should have. In retrospect it was something I would never forgive myself for. I'd find out later the sniper wasn't even targeting Mako, she was just in the way. They were after me.

The blast from the rifle punched a hole right through Mako and slammed into me. The crowd screamed and I would have too but I was knocked flat on my back. Mako collapsed on top of me. She was limp, unmoving. I couldn't even move, a hot burning pain rocked through my system, spreading like a wildfire through my lungs and across my chest.

"Mako..." I gasped. She wasn't moving. "MAKO!" Nothing. There was panic, chaos all around us. I tried to reach for her but I couldn't move and consciousness was rapidly being taken from me. I tried to say her name again, to do fraking something but the last thing I saw was a masked face standing over me.

Then, nothing.