The Mysterious Ancient Tome

We've try'd to get to certain places with the 3 bufs in the Exhaustion Zone of the Dune sea, sadly i can confirm that there is nothing apart from the imperial area.

Apart from that we've been trying to get out of the map on mounthains, and we've found some strange places take a look at this link.

http://imgur.com/a/xxJP9 there is something on the first picture but we couldn't find out a way to it.

This had our attention on our search http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Saeg0Q4FI&feature=youtu.be we still don't know what it is.

Thanks to our team http://imgur.com/lkKLkZg

please tell me you dropped down into the cave at the end? because one of the stories spoke about cave paintings of ancient sand demons.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides - how did you get there ?

We used knockback / sage pulls to get up into the mountains and came across that place randomly.

please tell me you dropped down into the cave at the end? because one of the stories spoke about cave paintings of ancient sand demons.

We couldn't get down into the cave since it was blocked entirely by an invisible wall - we did get a glimpse when we finally dropped down but nothing enough to say if there were cave paintings :(

Edited by Kyvelin

We couldn't get down into the cave since it was blocked entirely by an invisible wall - we did get a glimpse when we finally dropped down but nothing enough to say if there were cave paintings :(

Maybe do it again and run FRAPS? Should be able to pull out individual frames and get a look.

• 2 weeks later...

We went into the cave - nothing. Cave was around these screenies - also the one in the video linked a few posts ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ldxeoeo6fuven8q/m47-BbTMBC#/

Also checked out the balloon that runs from the exhaustion zone in the SE to the middle of the big mountain range next to the dune sea. We went into the middle of the mountains and nothing, also the other end of the exhaustion zone to the SE and nothing.

(screenies coming)

Edited by Tyminator

In earlier pages of this thread, the "Sand Demon" was mentioned.

Yesterday I noticed that in the "seeds" mission (the one where you have to use the seeker droid) on Tatooine, there does actually exist a Sand Demon - albeit an "corrupted" one.

I wondered whether this had anything to do with the "Sand Demon" from the first pages of this discussion ?

In earlier pages of this thread, the "Sand Demon" was mentioned.

Yesterday I noticed that in the "seeds" mission (the one where you have to use the seeker droid) on Tatooine, there does actually exist a Sand Demon - albeit an "corrupted" one.

I wondered whether this had anything to do with the "Sand Demon" from the first pages of this discussion ?

I have a couple theories on where that special ray of light might be. It could be within an exhaustion zone or around that area having some hidden cave.

I have a couple theories on where that special ray of light might be. It could be within an exhaustion zone or around that area having some hidden cave.

We explored the light - nothing there.

DATAMINERS HAVE FOUND - A Krayt_Cave map file in Tatooine. They believe it to be near Mos Ila. We have 5 of us searching the mountain ranges.

By the way - regarding secrets on Tatooine .. What is this blueish thing meant to be which is on the cliffs beneath H4 "Search & Rescue" ?

You can see it much better from the other side of the gap - the side on which there is "Pirate Bullies" located.

It's halfway down the cliff - and my char died once when I tried getting closer to it.

If you look on the map, you can see a triangle on the H4's area - this is supposed to be a very big cloth thing, but it also looks as if one edge of it was almost pointing towards the blueish thing I mean ...

It's coordinates are somewhat close to 488, -1016. And it is deep on the cliffs.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

We explored the light - nothing there.

DATAMINERS HAVE FOUND - A Krayt_Cave map file in Tatooine. They believe it to be near Mos Ila. We have 5 of us searching the mountain ranges.

Interesting. Perhaps it could be accessable from southern jundland? I'd disagree it's only in Mos Ila, as faction exclusive content would just annoy everyone. I wouldn't mind the trek either considering I have the entire map of tatooine.

By the way - regarding secrets on Tatooine .. What is this blueish thing meant to be which is on the cliffs beneath H4 "Search & Rescue" ?

You can see it much better from the other side of the gap - the side on which there is "Pirate Bullies" located.

It's halfway down the cliff - and my char died once when I tried getting closer to it.

If you look on the map, you can see a triangle on the H4's area - this is supposed to be a very big cloth thing, but it also looks as if one edge of it was almost pointing towards the blueish thing I mean ...

It's coordinates are somewhat close to 488, -1016. And it is deep on the cliffs.

If I reached that oddly colored rock by the cliffs around the willpower datacron, I can sure reach that. Edited by ZirusZero

One weitd oddity was, that when my character died there from falling down, my character had auto-running turned on when he was resurrected again.

I wouldn't really think too much of that. I have had it happen before in several different spots. I'm pretty convinced it's just a minor keyboard input bug, especially since sometimes it takes a lot of random direction key mashing to make it stop.

Maybe I am wrong but wasnt Sandclaw a random spawn during the Rakghoul Event.

Anyone able to confirm/deny this?

We have spent a good 15 hours on our hunt so far. No luck finding the Krayt_cave. Still waiting on a CSM response to see if we can get clarity on if this tome is just a remnant.

I have already spent countless hours on thinking, searching and rambling - now reconsidering that the Tome would actually have a purpose in the current live client - let's recap which mechanics we have seen so far.

• Activating different Items to trigger sth.
  • Clicking on objects to activate sth. (encounters, events, etc.)
  • Gathering buffs, moving to certain areas, clicking on objects with certain items in inventory

These are the ones that come to my mind.

So some of the "secret" stuff so far (like e.g. the fleet datacrons) took place on a rather small area, whereas the Magenta-Crystal-secret actually makes you travel across 3 planets and in the end spawns a "Boss" by interacting with sth. And the Magenta-Crystal-secret is probably the best reference considering to "how far we should go" - Shockfrozen water actually spawns a force ghost? Pretty far fetched, imo.

So what i haven't read in the posts is actually some more details about the Outlaws Den, which i would like to share.

• The "Auction House" (Tome) Building has actually 8 round lights on its entrance, probably a hint to the need of an 8man raid group (lvl 50)
  • It kinda looks similar to Jabba the Hutts palace
  • Only one of the three smaller buildings spread across the area (the one north) has a lightbulb or sth. in it
  • This building has also some kind of panel attached to it, but i couldn't find a way to click/activate it

So probably my best guess - and i only tell you because i slowly run out of Motivation and ideas - is my lovely, super -suspicious well fed womp rat.

• It's lvl 50
  • Only moves when a player gets closer than ~ 73,3m (which could be to indicate the presence of other Players)
  • It's path actually leads you to each vendor
  • The vendor buffs can be applied on the rat too (which could be a bug), and there is enough time to apply all 3 of them and have the rat move back to the center

Talking about the "Ultimate PvP Boss", defending/fighting for control of the rat and the vendors would be quite a PvP Task, considering their long respawn timers. But I have watched the rat for hours now, hugged that damn thing, tried to feed it, even tried to get it close to the Tome with all buffs on me and on it - no results. So probably sb. else has more time to take care of that ugly creature. Maybe there's an Rakatan device or sth. idk. of that transforms it, maybe the Tome itself is that device. But that are just my thoughts on it, maybe I'm completely off track :rak_02:

And a Dev/BW - response of some kind, whether it is currently ingame or not, would be freakin awesome at this point.