Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

Lord_Butcher

hahahaha, my evidence can be destroyed? thats laughable seeing as none of u have even attempted to destroy this argument... all anyone can say is canon... and matching up anyone with sidious is pointless cuz he beats anyone? well if my memory serves me correctly im fairly certain vader beat palpatine... doesnt matter how he did it ... the fact is that he did... so as i said there more to it then just who's more powerful... theres so many other variables to consider... sidious was also more powerful than windu but windu seemed to have beat sidious in their duel... and b4 u say sidious was holding back i feel its my duty to inform u that lucas himself states that sidious did not hold back in their fight and that mace had won the duel fairly... and if lucas says it it becomes g-canon... and by ur logic canon is absolute... so windu beating palp also defies canon... stop telling me its not possible when history shows it happening multiple times...

It's getting harder and harder to decipher your broken English. Please break up your stupidity into parts so we can dissect it a little easier.

Canon IS absolute unless retconned. THAT'S IT. You saying that canon is not absolute or that it's wrong means nothing because your opinion means nothing. If it's been stated by someone who has created a u-verse, it IS true. There's no if ands or buts to it.

Point me to where it states that Sidious was not holding back by the way. (Actual curiosity) Everything that happened in the movies was a culmination of his plans.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha, my evidence can be destroyed? thats laughable seeing as none of u have even attempted to destroy this argument... all anyone can say is canon... and matching up anyone with sidious is pointless cuz he beats anyone? well if my memory serves me correctly im fairly certain vader beat palpatine... doesnt matter how he did it ... the fact is that he did... so as i said there more to it then just who's more powerful... theres so many other variables to consider... sidious was also more powerful than windu but windu seemed to have beat sidious in their duel... and b4 u say sidious was holding back i feel its my duty to inform u that lucas himself states that sidious did not hold back in their fight and that mace had won the duel fairly... and if lucas says it it becomes g-canon... and by ur logic canon is absolute... so windu beating palp also defies canon... stop telling me its not possible when history shows it happening multiple times...

I want you to do two things for me, please.

First: Make paragraphs and use better grammar and punctuation. That will make understanding you easier. It shouldn't be too difficult, you did say you have a higher functioning brain than I do. Maybe poor grammar is a side effect of being so smart :rolleyes:

Second: Take a few minutes to think about the points you made. I'll wait.

i am so sick of hearing "canon says" as an argument over who'd win in a battle between people. yes, i understand that technically what canon says is true but thats only because gerorge lucas refuses to let anybody be more powerful than his characters even though i have seen/read his characters getting their asses handed to them. Canon was created to protect the characters he created, and how the hell would lucas know whos the strongest ever? he claims to never have read the books so how the hell would he know how powerful ANYONE was. He just says palpatine/luke with absolutely nothing to back it up and like sheep everyone just follows... someone could write an OFFICIAL star wars book about a sith lord who was so powerful that he blinked his eyes and the entire galaxy blew up and when lucas was questioned he'd still say palpatine was the strongest even though there was no possible effing way he could be, and all u little lucas fan boys would run around saying canon says in every debate u were in. I dont wanna hear it, really i dont. fact of the matter is the sith emperor, like palp, devoured a planet... except unlike palp the Vitiate didnt leave anything behind, he didnt even leave the force behind... he devoured EVERYTHING... there wasnt even any wind left and light was even distorted. idc about the fact he uses "trinkets" either... its the ends that matter not the means... fact is he can touch his presence to someone and they just drop screaming, so i dont care about all the flashy powers paplatines got... he wouldnt have a chance to use them... Vitiate would look at him and within a second palpatine would just fall over... and i deff dont wanna hear that palps force lightning is the most powerful ever blah blah blah etc... if it was that powerful it would have killed windu... uh oh *BIG SPOILER*... mace windu didnt effing die, he survived. and if u dont believe me then go ahead and look it up. as a matter of fact there talk of him being in episode VII... but to be fair im not trying to take away from palpatine either, being able to rip through the fabric of space and create worm holes is amazing and his abilities with a lightsaber are also top knotch. but those factors are irrelevant against someone who can just look at u then its fight over. (its like trying to fight itachi on naruto... alot of people have super powerful and flashy powers that make them seem like gods and every single time one of them face itachi he just looks at them and he wins the fight.) also i hear "well palpatine fought 4 jedi masters" and blah blah... i dont wanna hear it, the sith emperor gathered the 9 strongest sith lords in the galaxy and beat them all at the same time just by looking at them. and then lets talk immortality... anyone who claims palpatine is more of an immortal than the sith emperor is just plain retarded... lets see... 1 of these 2 men lived for over 1,300 years and another lived say 80 years (100 tops)... so i think its fair to say the Vitiate was far more immortal than sidious ever was and if sidious was soooo much more immortal than where the hell is he now? thats right he's dead... so im gonna give the immortality card to the guy that managed to live over 16 average human life spans, not the guy who barely made it past average life expectancy. now i wanna point out that Vitiate could instantly invade ur mind and break ur will and turn you to his slave... he turned revan and malak two of the most powerful and noble jedi into sith lords who alone almost conquered the entire galaxy... these 2 were no match for the sith emperor. and palplatine took over the galaxy with scheming, not power... his troops and vader murdered all the jedi, not him... but i'll give it to him though he is a smooth criminal but the jedi never feared palplatine as they feared Vitiate. the jedi were worried about the sith emperor devouring the life of the entire galaxy all at one time and, trinket or not, it was well within his power... this is something sidious was never capable of. galaxy genocide could only be done by Vitiate and no other... oh sidious can destroy a fleet... maybe a planet? well Vitiate can destroy an entire galaxy and that makes sidious little force storms look like childs play. and yet again, i dont care how he does it... the fact is he could do it. and my fav is those of u who say sidious beat yoda... did you see the same fight i did? cuz to me it looked like yoda won that... sidious gave him his full power and yoda blocked then overpowered sidious in that force power duel and repelled sidious' power. the shockwave sent them both flying backwards... yoda only fell further cuz he is way smaller than sidious so he got thown farther ending the battle. yoda had already fallen and then bailed before sidious had recovered. so the actual battle was a draw... but power vs power yoda overpowered sidious and repelled his lightning... so all in all im sorry for going off like a crazy person but im just so sick and tired of every debate i get into having someone argue with me and their only argument is canon but can give me no other evidence to back up their claim. i dont care about canon, george lucas doesnt know ****... star wars is sooooooo much bigger than george lucas.... he may have made it up but he has written 6 out of over 150 books. if u think someone can beat someone then tell why u think so, just dont tell me cuz dad said so. thats like the guy who invented airplanes saying his plane is fastest plane ever because he made planes up... cuz im pretty sure a jet is waaaaay faster then an old propeller plane... and then its like me saying that a jet is faster then the original plane and u saying "nope... canon says ur wrong" cuz really?... im pretty sure im *********** not

You also stated in this half broken paragraph that you thought Sidious was weaker.....

It's getting harder and harder to decipher your broken English. Please break up your stupidity into parts so we can dissect it a little easier.

Canon IS absolute unless retconned. THAT'S IT. You saying that canon is not absolute or that it's wrong means nothing because your opinion means nothing. If it's been stated by someone who has created a u-verse, it IS true. There's no if ands or buts to it.

Point me to where it states that Sidious was not holding back by the way. (Actual curiosity) Everything that happened in the movies was a culmination of his plans.

it was in an interview... i'll try and find it... i never denied sidious was the strongest... saying who's the strongest and saying who'd win in a fight are 2 different things... my point is anything can happen... sidious was way stronger than windu... but in windu's fight with sidious he summoned all his inner anger, along sidious' darkness, and channeled it through him with the 7th lightsaber style Vaapad... this gave him a huge power boost allowing him to match sidious in the duel (in lightsabers)... it says windu had a secret love.. a secret attachment, and that was the republic... so when it was threatened he had more darkness than normal inside himself to draw upon... his Vaapad style makes u walk dangerously close to the dark side and because so was forbidden to all but a few jedi... it allows u to turn the darkness inside u into something positive and also channels ur enemies darkness as well... so between his anger and sidious' darkness he was just supercharged... anakin decribed their fight as a blur, stating it was too fast for his eyes to follow... but canon says sidious>windu so windu should stand no chance... but extenuating circumstances allowed windu to best him (in lightsabers).. hence anything can happen and its not so black and white... im able to understand this... seems everyone else is not... why do u think people say 9 times out of 10... cuz theres always that chance that 10th time something miraculous happens... like windu beating palpatine... i however will agree the fight may have been over sooner if palp had used his force powers

I want you to do two things for me, please.

First: Make paragraphs and use better grammar and punctuation. That will make understanding you easier. It shouldn't be too difficult, you did say you have a higher functioning brain than I do. Maybe poor grammar is a side effect of being so smart :rolleyes:

Second: Take a few minutes to think about the points you made. I'll wait.

please see above... im not writing a persuasive essay here... i know my grammar is incorrect from a literature stand point but trying to insult me on the lack of grammar i used on a post in a forum is sad... it really is... it shows u have nothing else to combat me with and just reveals ur desperation... do people write jk, brb, lol, imo, ***, btw, or idk in novels or any other official document where grammar is necessary... no they dont... this is the internet and other rules apply... i know how to use proper grammar and there is a place for it..... and a forum is not one of them. i dont use ".............................." these dots to break up what im saying when im writing an actual paper or piece of literature... only in text messages, posts of facebook, or forums... i dont write "u" or "ur" when writing real papers... yet again, my brain is smart enough to tell the difference between the 2...so please come at me with something better than lack of grammar... it just reveals how desperate u really are in the argument and reveals u have nothing else u can say... its like obama debating romney and obama owning romney... and romney having nothing to say back so he points out the obvious and tells obama he's black... nothing but a desperate attempt to cling on to something and stay alove in this debate... good job... come at me with something better... i'll wait

You also stated in this half broken paragraph that you thought Sidious was weaker.....

okay u win that battle... i admit i said that but u gotta remember i wrote this in a fit of rage and it doesnt portray how i really feel... i was in infuriated with some other kid on youtube when i came across this forum and posted this... it angers me i cant reach through the moniter and just smack the **** out of people on the internet sometimes... i wasnt going to slap my gf or my daughter so i posted this... this is just a huge rant venting my frustration... im man enough to admit when im wrong and im wrong in this post...

please see above... im not writing a persuasive essay here... i know my grammar is incorrect from a literature stand point but trying to insult me on the lack of grammar i used on a post in a forum is sad... it really is... it shows u have nothing else to combat me with and just reveals ur desperation... do people write jk, brb, lol, imo, ***, btw, or idk in novels or any other official document where grammar is necessary... no they dont... this is the internet and other rules apply... i know how to use proper grammar and there is a place for it..... and a forum is not one of them. i dont use ".............................." these dots to break up what im saying when im writing an actual paper or piece of literature... only in text messages, posts of facebook, or forums... i dont write "u" or "ur" when writing real papers... yet again, my brain is smart enough to tell the difference between the 2...so please come at me with something better than lack of grammar... it just reveals how desperate u really are in the argument and reveals u have nothing else u can say... its like obama debating romney and obama owning romney... and romney having nothing to say back so he points out the obvious and tells obama he's black... nothing but a desperate attempt to cling on to something and stay alove in this debate... good job... come at me with something better... i'll wait

Just because this is a forum doesn't mean you can't maintain some sort of grammatical coherence. But since you seem intent on staying the course, I'll refer back to your points (since you haven't thought them through).

Darth Vader killed Darth Sidious by picking him up and throwing him down a reactor shaft. It was not a straight up fight. There was no battle, no fight. In a straight up fight, Vader would lose. Again, look at the circumstances of the fight.

On to Mace Windu. Mace Windu is a Jedi. G-Canon dictates that Sidious is the strongest Sith. So that point is meaningless as well.

I'm just going to leave it at that. I have no interest in participating in this debate any longer.

Just because this is a forum doesn't mean you can't maintain some sort of grammatical coherence. But since you seem intent on staying the course, I'll refer back to your points (since you haven't thought them through).

Darth Vader killed Darth Sidious by picking him up and throwing him down a reactor shaft. It was not a straight up fight. There was no battle, no fight. In a straight up fight, Vader would lose. Again, look at the circumstances of the fight.

On to Mace Windu. Mace Windu is a Jedi. G-Canon dictates that Sidious is the strongest Sith. So that point is meaningless as well.

I'm just going to leave it at that. I have no interest in participating in this debate any longer.

it appears it is u who hasnt thought things through...

1. i said it doesnt matter how palp was beaten... u all claim its impossible... palp just sat there helpless when vader picked him up... id expect more from the most powerful sith lord thats ever lived... are u saying its completely impossible for Vitiate to pretend to be on Palpatine's side and strike when he's not paying attention? Cuz its pretty clear u are all stating he cant defeat Palpatine period... no matter what the circumstances... and thats where u are wrong... i said there are all sorts of variables that need to be accounted for... u claimed it didnt matter, sidious would win no matter what, no matter which situation canon says he wins... thats where i said u were all weak minded drones and there was more to it than that....who said this was a straight up fight? was Plagueis and Sidious a straight up fight? no it wasnt... but sidious defeated plagueis none the less

2. yoda was the strongest jedi who'd ever lived up to his point... windu was weaker than yoda... sidious is stronger than yoda, as made clear by yoda failing to kill him and being forced into exile... he knew he couldnt beat sidious so planned on using the skywalker twins to succeed where he failed... so its fair to say windu is less powerful than sidious... lets set it up like this windu<yoda<sidious... but that didnt stop windu from besting palpatine... all the variables that day were in windu's favor... windu had all the right conditions on his side hence why theres more to it then whos the most powerful... u have to look at the bigger picture... uv proven u can not... its not so black and white

furthermore, ur inability to do the "math" and decipher whos the stronger between windu vs palpatine only furthers my point on how impossible it is for u to think for urself... G-canon didnt tell u who's stronger so ur completely lost and cant figure it out for urself? hahahaha.... its pretty basic... get ur head out of ur *** and use some common sense... u only prove ur a drone more and more everytime u open ur mouth... so we'll go over this one more time,

1) yoda = strongest jedi up to his time... as stated by canon meaning

2) windu < yoda

3)sidious = strongest sith.... and sidious defeated yoda meaning

4)yoda < sidious and if windu is less than yoda that means

5)windu < sidious

now i know that may be hard to comprehend, where it wasnt lucas who programmed this into u, but it really wasnt that hard to figure out

Edited by kylewhalon

i have said multiple times that its not so black and white, that u needed to look at the big picture and that there are different cirumstances where Vitiate would win... which u denied because of canon. Then u come back at me with Vader only won cuz of the circumstances... so in attempting to argue with me u have finally conceded and agreed there are certain conditions where sidious could be defeated by someone less powerful than him, which is the point iv been arguing all along, the philosophy of reality... canon should only be a guide line to help determine who we think MIGHT win... cuz reality is underdogs win all the time, even against opponents stronger then themselves... thanks for helping me win my argument

Edited by kylewhalon

furthermore, ur inability to do the "math" and decipher whos the stronger between windu vs palpatine only furthers my point on how impossible it is for u to think for urself... G-canon didnt tell u who's stronger so ur completely lost and cant figure it out for urself? hahahaha.... its pretty basic... get ur head out of ur *** and use some common sense... u only prove ur a drone more and more everytime u open ur mouth... so we'll go over this one more time,

1) yoda = strongest jedi up to his time... as stated by canon meaning

2) windu < yoda

3)sidious = strongest sith.... and sidious defeated yoda meaning

4)yoda < sidious and if windu is less than yoda that means

5)windu < sidious

now i know that may be hard to comprehend, where it wasnt lucas who programmed this into u, but it really wasnt that hard to figure out

Here I was about to post a very polite reply, and you do this. You know you don't have to insult everyone who disagrees with you, right?

And for the record, I can think for myself, and I'm not a mindless drone. I had already done the math way before you posted this. Of course Sidious is more powerful than Yoda and Mace Windu. It's not hard to figure out, but I'm glad you're here to point it out. But that doesn't matter to you. You seem to only look at circumstance.

The OP asked who was the more powerful. The answer is Sidious. It can't be argued. Getting into a discussion on circumstance is pointless because anything can happen. If Vitiate were in the same position as Vader on the Second Death Star, then yes, he could kill Sidious. But what is the point of discussing a duel between the two if that is the scenario? There probably wouldn't even be a fight.

You can respond to this if you want, but I don't plan on returning to this thread unless absolutely necessary.

Here I was about to post a very polite reply, and you do this. You know you don't have to insult everyone who disagrees with you, right?

way to make me feel bad lol... lets get one thing straight... im the one with his back against the wall being tag teamed by multiple people in the thread. im the one on defense. im pretty sure it was u who attacked my grammar bringing it personal. i thought that was the level id have to bring it to to properly defend myself. i honestly thought it was understood that anything goes and i wasnt try to offend u personally... but if i offended u, my apologies... and i want to note that im a very very stubborn person who rarely apologizes... i just have zero tolerance for people, who i feel arent thinking as in depth about things as they should, insulting me. iv been in waaaaay to many arguments on the net with immature people to have a tolerance anymore so i immediately go on the offensive and insult... im sure u must have known what u were getting urself into when u read my previous posts. for future reference... dont poke a lion and then wonder why he attacks u lol

Edited by kylewhalon

way to make me feel bad lol... lets get one thing straight... im the one with his back against the wall being tag teamed by multiple people in the thread. im the one on defense. im pretty sure it was u who attacked my grammar bringing it personal. i thought that was the level id have to bring it to to properly defend myself. i honestly thought it was understood that anything goes and i wasnt try to offend u personally... but if i offended u, my apologies... and i want to note that im a very very stubborn person who rarely apologizes... i just have zero tolerance for people, who i feel arent thinking as in depth about things as they should, insulting me. iv been in waaaaay to many arguments on the net with immature people to have a tolerance anymore so i immediately go on the defensive and insult... im sure u must have known what u were getting urself into when u read my previous posts. for future reference... dont poke a lion and then wonder why he attacks u lol

Of course things tend to get a little heated. And I may have responded a bit harshly. It's just that this thread is a year old, been debated in and out in multiple different threads, and I just got tired of seeing it.

And on the topic of thinking in-depth. That's what I do. As you can see in this thread.

Anyway, I'm sure we're back on even terms, so I'm going to go ahead and leave this thread for good.

Of course things tend to get a little heated. And I may have responded a bit harshly. It's just that this thread is a year old, been debated in and out in multiple different threads, and I just got tired of seeing it.

And on the topic of thinking in-depth. That's what I do. As you can see in this thread.

Anyway, I'm sure we're back on even terms, so I'm going to go ahead and leave this thread for good.

ok... i completely understand, u have zero tolerance for seeing this debate. completely understandable... let me guess, u didnt mind at first but as time wore on it just made u want to snap? thats how i feel about what i was saying. and good luck to u sir

Edited by kylewhalon

By reading tons of things on Emperor Vitiate, He absorbed an entire planet of life and force. making him so powerful and immortal. and any death in the galaxy fed his power. He was able to cast massive amounts of dark side powers without strain or effort. he had the power to move planets if he wanted to.... REALISTICALLY Vitiate could have destroyed Palpatine with a mere thought. Vitiate wins this JUST with his power alone.

By reading tons of things on Emperor Vitiate, He absorbed an entire planet of life and force. making him so powerful and immortal. and any death in the galaxy fed his power. He was able to cast massive amounts of dark side powers without strain or effort. he had the power to move planets if he wanted to.... REALISTICALLY Vitiate could have destroyed Palpatine with a mere thought. Vitiate wins this JUST with his power alone.

He absorbed all the life from using other sith lords, in various rituals. Palpatine can drain life under his own power, without even the need to really do much of anything. So no..Vitate doesn't win, he is weaker then Palpatine.

"The galaxy is choked with beings. Billions die every instant. It is better to make use of this resource. At my retreat on Byss, the life force of its colonists supplied an energy pool to sustain my dark side experiments."

After choosing Byss as his resort world, Palpatine lured eager nobles to the planet—then used his dark powers to enslave its people, channeling their life energies for use in his own vile experiments within the fell Imperial Citadel.

Among the Emperor's powers was the ability to channel the collective life essences of billions to sustain himself and his Dark Side Adepts; his victims would live in a dream-like state while his own power grew. The entire population of Byss lived under this spell until the planet's destruction by the Galaxy Gun.

Now what were you saying about Vitiate? I can post more things of Palpatine's power if you want.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

To be fair Vitiate was about to engulf the whole galaxy...

Also sidious experements, were just that. He like vitiate couldnt make what he did to byss without a proper setup.

You guys sell sidious to dam high. when for me there isnt much of a diference between the 2.

Being one inspired on the other for instance.

Edited by Spartanik

Palpatine was never considered that powerful. Either that or they did a terrible job of showwing his power pool. To me, Yoda didnt seem that great (take into account im jedi-prejudice) compared to palpatine. and sources say yoda was so amazingly powerful.... i never saw that. Same goes for Palpatine. if he was oh so powerful, why didnt he display it constantly? Why didnt he kill Luke or anakin or Windu as quickly as people claim? HE WASNT THAT POWERFUL.

Vitiate constantly demonstrated his power and showed off constantly. He makes sure he leave an impression on everyone he comes across. He Showed Lord Scourge a part of his mind when Scourge first met him, and he had Scourge scared to death. Palpatine NEVER had that effect. Vitiate was on the verge of consuming the entire galaxy. he easily was and IS the most powerful being ever to exist next to Revan.

Vitiate always wins when compared to anyone. hands down.

Palpatine was never considered that powerful. Either that or they did a terrible job of showwing his power pool. To me, Yoda didnt seem that great (take into account im jedi-prejudice) compared to palpatine. and sources say yoda was so amazingly powerful.... i never saw that. Same goes for Palpatine. if he was oh so powerful, why didnt he display it constantly? Why didnt he kill Luke or anakin or Windu as quickly as people claim? HE WASNT THAT POWERFUL.

Vitiate constantly demonstrated his power and showed off constantly. He makes sure he leave an impression on everyone he comes across. He Showed Lord Scourge a part of his mind when Scourge first met him, and he had Scourge scared to death. Palpatine NEVER had that effect. Vitiate was on the verge of consuming the entire galaxy. he easily was and IS the most powerful being ever to exist next to Revan.

Vitiate always wins when compared to anyone. hands down.

Ok now I can just tell your a blind fan, and won't accept actual evidence showing that Sidious is vastly more powerful then Vitiate by a longshot. I can post a ton of evidence right now, but I know you won't take it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ok now I can just tell your a blind fan, and won't accept actual evidence showing that Sidious is vastly more powerful then Vitiate by a longshot. I can post a ton of evidence right now, but I know you won't take it.

i love how u just took 3 awesome things and combined them to make ur name.... lol

The ''actual'' evidence of Palpatine's power is in the Plagueis novel and in the movies.The EU created for the events after the movies,i can't actually belive some1 takes that stuff seriously,not to mention presenting it as ''evidence'' of anything whatsoever.This part of Star Wars is even worse than a cheap amateur fan fiction.

So they created him as the ''most powerful sith in history'' in the EU after episode 6 just because he is the main antagonist in the movies,lol.

Ok he is the most powerful being in the galaxy ,in his era,after Plagueis died,but comon,does anyone really believes he is more powerful than Vitiate that at the age of 13 impressed Marka Ragnos.

Not only Palpatine is not more powerful than Vitiate,but almsot all of the ancient dark lords are more powerful than him ,including Darth Nox,even without the sith spirits.

Imagine Palpatine in Vitiate's role.Being in charge of a Dark Council and an empire full of Sith,of which ,including the Dark Cauncil, are all afraid of him.Not going to happen.He wouldn't last a week.

One thing is certain,Revan is more powerful than Palpatine,and Vitiate is more powerful than Revan.

Edited by Kaedusz

The ''actual'' evidence of Palpatine's power is in the Plagueis novel and in the movies.The EU created for the events after the movies,i can't actually belive some1 takes that stuff seriously,not to mention presenting it as ''evidence'' of anything whatsoever.This part of Star Wars is even worse than a cheap amateur fan fiction.

So they created him as the ''most powerful sith in history'' in the EU after episode 6 just because he is the main antagonist in the movies,lol.

Ok he is the most powerful being in the galaxy ,in his era,after Plagueis died,but comon,does anyone really believes he is more powerful than Vitiate that at the age of 13 impressed Marka Ragnos.

Not only Palpatine is not more powerful than Vitiate,but almsot all of the ancient dark lords are more powerful than him ,including Darth Nox,even without the sith spirits.

Imagine Palpatine in Vitiate's role.Being in charge of a Dark Council and an empire full of Sith,of which ,including the Dark Cauncil, are all afraid of him.Not going to happen.He wouldn't last a week.

One thing is certain,Revan is more powerful than Palpatine,and Vitiate is more powerful than Revan.

I know I said I wasn't coming back to this thread, but I just had to say something.

You are ignoring Sidious' EU evidence to prove that an EU character is better than him?

I suggest reading Dark Empire. Whether you like it or not, Sidious is vastly more powerful than Vitiate. But if you want to ignore that you could always look at ROTS. Like when he defeated Yoda, the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke.

Hah no1 and specially not me,is ignoring in any way that he defeated Yoda.As i said,Palpatine was the most powerful being in the galaxy in that timeline,after Plagueis died.

Regarding Luke ,he was also made instanely powerful in that same crappy EU after the movies.

Are you actualy comparing the superb EU in the Old Republic that i may dare say is the real Star Wars,movies excluded,to that EU after the movies which is a joke?Imo people should't take anything beyond episode 6 seriously.

Edited by Kaedusz

I know that Lucas said that Sidious is the most powerful sith lord ever bla bla bla...

BUT

You have to realize that the Star Wars universe is constantly expanding - some stuff will get retconned to lesser or greater extent. It is inevitable.

Just read Revan novel and play JK storyline and ask yourself who is superior - Vitiate or Sidious.

Here is some nice quote from codex entry related to the Emperor:

Basically the Emperor wants to exterminate every living being in the galaxy by performing a ritual that will begin on Belsavis. He will consume entire life present on Belsavis and after that, nothing will stop him. Of course JK stops him. If Vitiate's plans would succeed and if he would have managed to consume trillions, he would become as it says in the codex: godlike.

After you find out more about the Emperor you realize what kind of creature of pure evil he is. The way he speaks, everything about him is just terrifying and causes chills to go down your spine. I mean, he killed a sith lord when he was like what, twelve years old? When he was an infant, his eyes were filled with terrible blackness and void (Wth?! How sick and creepy is that?).

He is unlike any being that was ever born, when Lord Scourge who was a Sith Lord took a not even second long glimpse at the Emperor, he cried out like a child.

Some of his abilities on top of my head:

- Being able to perform most complex sith rituals ever attempted (consuming life of the entire planet - billions of live beings destroyed in matters of seconds).

- Being immortal? "His life spans millenia". Also from what I understand, it is almost impossible to completely kill the Emperor. His essence will always live on, attempting to find another host it can possess. For sure the Emperor got some weakness that can be exploited in order to defeat him, as everyone, but noone knows what it is yet.- Being able to mind control pretty much anyone (though it is possible to resist the Emperor, Revan being the proof of that.

I am pretty sure that it is BioWare's intention to make us feel that Vitiate is in fact the most powerful, evil and dangerous sith/living being to ever exist (including the movies and all post EP6 expanded universe).

What is Sidious actually is Vitiate? It seems to me Vitiate and Sidious can rival in power of the force, and have super similar traits. what if through the ages Vitiates Essence somehow made it into who would become Sidious. As said in the game, Vitiate can project himself through the Voice, Hands, Wrath, and children of the Emperor. and the JK only killed the Voice in the game.

Its not far-fetched to think Vitiate and Sidious are the same. Like i said, there are too many similarities and coincidences to be two different beings in the galaxy. Even Revan's offpring werent that strong in the force as Revan was.

Edit** As someone said here earlier, Sidious or someone else called him the Emperor Reborn. Throughout texts and history, Vitiate is not common. Vitiate was always called The Sith Emperor. I think i blew my own mind thinking about how this could be true....

Edited by DSpectre
correction

I didn't read all the thread, but i saw a lot of things that i agree a nd have always said.

First, just because George Lucas says something (or any other writer) it does means it's the universal truth. If you take this way and use it as argument, there will be no debate and you just don't have an opinion.(doesn't mean you can't agree with them, but base arguments on something).

Second, a LOT of people think that EU after ROTJ sucks and are just crap which i agree. For the Canon followers Lucas himself said that there's no sidious clone and he nor vader returns (not that his words makes any difference to me, but i agree that this is crap). Which is completely different from Old Republic EU, that i never heard anyone complain about it. IF you think that post ROTJ EU doesn't suck, just think about it. Clones, force storm destroying planets,luke married...

Third, wtching all the movies, it just doesn't looks like sidious or even luke are meant to be the most powerfull being in galaxy. Sidious is very very powerfull and we see that in ROTS, but i don't think you can compare him to sith from a time where there was alway some conflict, including constant lightsaber fights. Sidious could be the most influential and clever sith though. And in any movies ever was said that luke was or would become the most powerfull force user of the galaxy, he's just a great jedi and i hope Disney change this in episode VII.

So, my final answer is: IF you go by all EU crap and want to give writers arguments, yes Sidious is more powerfull than Vitiate. But if you compare what both of them was meant to be as characters it's very clear to me that Vitiate is way more powerfull.