Devs, Please Revert to Old Set Bonus for Arsenal, Find Another Way to Balance Pyro

odawgg

Now, anyone who knows me well, knows I'm not a QQ'er. I defend the mercenaries as far as I can from the QQ'ers. However I feel this is a case worth looking into.

I don't want just simply to revert to the old eliminator set bonus, since this will hurt pyro spec and both specs should benefit from a set bonus. But this change did in fact hurt Arsenal and we were never anywhere near OP in the first place. There should be another way to balance arsenal with pyro without nerfing arsenal. Adding 8% rail shot damage in place of -8 heat cost is a nerf, plain and simple, not a huge one, but a slight one. I think adding this 8% boost for Pyros in the skill tree instead of set bonus would be a fair request...or vice versa, or even give both to arsenal...

If you could bring it back, I think most of us would be much happier :D it's a QoL issue and we could use a little love in that department.

IDEAS THAT I LIKE FROM THIS THREAD THUS FAR:

So double 2 set for Pyro (2x 15% crit on Powershot) and old 4 set (15% crit on Tracer + 0 cost Railshot) for Arsenal would be a considerable quality of life boost to the BH DPS branches.

Also could we please get an actual offensive cooldown? Why is Battle Focus/Explosive Fuel not a baseline trooper/bounty hunter ability?

Why not have 2set give 15% TM crit and lower RS cost by X amount and keep the 8% RS boost for 4set. Would be more in line with the set bonus boosts marauders & snipers got. (play all 3)

It is really more fun to play with the old bonus, just because it feels like the rotation itselfs works. I am not that interested in more dps, but in the old feeling of arsenal merc.

Berhaps BW could introduce an cylinder dependend 4er bonus (with a kind of buff or something), which gives 0 heat costs for high velocity cylinder and 8% more dmg for the combustible gas cylinder. This would solves all problems xD

And plz dont forget to fix the upgraded arsenal nerf. And thx alot odawgg for carring the mandolarian flag for us!

Edited by odawgg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense from a design or game play standpoint, when the set bonus on armoring 3 levels below the new max level, is putting out the same damage as the new top tier of gear, even with the loss of main stat from using the older set.

I think they should revert the set bonus for the Eliminator set back to what it was pre 2.0, then find a way to better balance the Combat Tech set to work better with Pyro spec'd players.

Because as it stands, it's kinda pointless that both sets have the same 4 piece bonus.

Yeah why not, the set bonus sucks for both by screwing with sustainability for Arsenal and being completely underwhelming as an attempt to bring Pyros DPS up.

The main change 2.0 did for Pyro was to eliminate it as the PVP branch.

It was always weaker than Arsenal in PVE so nothing changed there.

2.0 merely cemented Arsenal as the go-to branch for informed players looking for the most solid and best damaging spec whatever they were doing.

Pyro was potentially better at damage than Arsenal while the double 2 set bonus was stackable if other players could provide an armour debuff. Without the debuff Pyro is not nearly as competitive but of course damage is balanced around what you can do with others buffing you even though Arsenal does full damage solo.

That was something worth running it for considering the outright garbage PVE (and PVP) talents that Pyro gets.

So double 2 set for Pyro (2x 15% crit on Powershot) and old 4 set (15% crit on Tracer + 0 cost Railshot) for Arsenal would be a considerable quality of life boost to the BH DPS branches.

Edited by Gyronamics

/signed

Why not have 2set give 15% TM crit and lower RS cost by X amount and keep the 8% RS boost for 4set.

Would be more in line with the set bonus boosts marauders & snipers got.

(play all 3)

Edited by DarkForster

I've no experience with pyro at all, but if I understand it correctly, the problem wthi the old set bonus was that pyro fired their rail shots for free anyway, making it so the 4-piece was essentially useless.

So how about making it so that instead of reducing the cost of rail shot make it so railshot refunds 8 heat when fired. That'd make the bonus useful to both specs, assuming pyro can use the extra heat.

Edit: and obviously /signed

Edited by MVaglin

/signed. It doesn't seem right that we could lose so much aim to get a set bonus 3 tiers behind us and still do as much dps as current "Best in Slot".

Granted I see this changing as the loss of aim over takes the set bonus of -8 heat cost. But still. I don't see the reasoning behind the set bonus change..

-Syzyx

Edited by Sephrix

If at the very least they want to keep the 8% RS damage 4set, I think they should update the older set bonuses as well.

Please don't put this in their head haha...its what i fear WILL be the answer to this thread...

I'm going to update OP with ideas that I like.

Edited by odawgg

/signed.

It is really more fun to play with the old bonus, just because it feels like the rotation itselfs works. I am not that interested in more dps, but in the old feeling of arsenal merc.

Berhaps BW could introduce an cylinder dependend 4er bonus (with a kind of buff or something), which gives 0 heat costs for high velocity cylinder and 8% more dmg for the combustible gas cylinder. This would solves all problems xD

And plz dont forget to fix the upgraded arsenal nerf.

And thx alot odawgg for carring the mandolarian flag for us!

Edited by Leylea