Time To Vote For Your Marauder Class Representative!

EricMusco

Who should be your Marauder Class Representative?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be your Marauder Class Representative?

• oofalong
    • Aluvi
    • Gudarzz
    • MrGrzecka

I have searched far and wide researching how to be awesome at marauding :) I have used Oofalongs posts and simulators ect all the time and they are pretty helpful. I have yet to ever see this "Gudarzz" person, let alone be helpful to the community, i cant see why people are voting for him. This should be about who is helpful to the community, not who is the best player. I cant see why people are not voting for oofalong...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VOTE OOFALONG! We don't need a PVP Mar for our pvp &pve class rep! Do it right - Vote OOFALONG!

95.875% of marauders are pvper, fact. We picked marauder because it comes with an extra saber to help us kill players better in pvp, duh.

FACT: 98.65% of PvP Marauders use the Smash button to kill other players :cool:

I had never heard of Gudarzz prior to the numerous nominations he received here. As someone else pointed out it was because he has not been engaged in the Class forums. And, I was surprised by how many votes he has actually received until I realized he is campaigning via his popular Twitch stream and the Bastionettes are colluding to ensure maximum representation from their server. To be clear, I am not complaining about either of these tactics, just pointing them out. Anyway, it sounds like Gudarzz is a great ambassador for this game. I can only hope that if he wins he will start engaging with this community here to ensure their concerns are accurately presented to the Devs.

For the record, I do PvP even though I am not very good at it, then again I don't think I am very good at PvE either. (Incidentally, when I PvP I do so as Carnage which puts me in the minority in that sense as well.) Fortunately, the only requirement of the class rep is to post in this forum and aggregate feedback. Clearly, I have been doing that already. In my opinion, the most valued traits are good organization and effective communication. I feel I excel in these areas, which is why I first accepted the nomination and continue to campaign for it.

Anyway, I hope I can close the gap even if I can't overtake Gudarzz. Thank you to everyone who has voted.

Remember: Vote Early and Vote Often!

FACT: 98.65% of PvP Marauders use the Smash button to kill other players :cool:

I had never heard of Gudarzz prior to the numerous nominations he received here. As someone else pointed out it was because he has not been engaged in the Class forums. And, I was surprised by how many votes he has actually received until I realized he is campaigning via his popular Twitch stream and the Bastionettes are colluding to ensure maximum representation from their server. To be clear, I am not complaining about either of these tactics, just pointing them out. Anyway, it sounds like Gudarzz is a great ambassador for this game. I can only hope that if he wins he will start engaging with this community here to ensure their concerns are accurately presented to the Devs.

For the record, I do PvP even though I am not very good at it, then again I don't think I am very good at PvE either. (Incidentally, when I PvP I do so as Carnage which puts me in the minority in that sense as well.) Fortunately, the only requirement of the class rep is to post in this forum and aggregate feedback. Clearly, I have been doing that already. In my opinion, the most valued traits are good organization and effective communication. I feel I excel in these areas, which is why I first accepted the nomination and continue to campaign for it.

Anyway, I hope I can close the gap even if I can't overtake Gudarzz. Thank you to everyone who has voted.

Remember: Vote Early and Vote Often!

Bastionette here, and I just wanted to let you know why we are all WORKING together. I would have thought that a server working so hard together, both the top PvE and PvP guilds, is what this whole class rep thing was supposed to foster. Every time i see a "We don't need a PvP Mara" comment i think those people really don't understand that this position is more about promoting community discussion than just having their minions come on this thread and post angry, font happy, tantrums.

Truth is, Gudarzz's knowledge of his class is top notch, which is why he is so popular on Twitch and well known. He also has already come to my guilds Marauders (which everyone knows ARE the best PvE Maras. Anyone wanna go against Gorband and Steadfast?) about PvE, just like the Paowee has already gone to <Hey I'm MVPs> Snipers and made a public spreadsheet for other snipers to contribute to. It's a little silly to poo-poo on community involvement and cohesion, since this is what the whole thing is about.

So, here's my endorsement, from the #1 US PVE Progression guild: Vote for Gudarzz!

(Who is also in Suckafish on his Jugg, which technically makes him a PvE'r)

Bastionette here, and I just wanted to let you know why we are all WORKING together. I would have thought that a server working so hard together, both the top PvE and PvP guilds, is what this whole class rep thing was supposed to foster. Every time i see a "We don't need a PvP Mara" comment i think those people really don't understand that this position is more about promoting community discussion than just having their minions come on this thread and post angry, font happy, tantrums.

Truth is, Gudarzz's knowledge of his class is top notch, which is why he is so popular on Twitch and well known. He also has already come to my guilds Marauders (which everyone knows ARE the best PvE Maras. Anyone wanna go against Gorband and Steadfast?) about PvE, just like the Paowee has already gone to <Hey I'm MVPs> Snipers and made a public spreadsheet for other snipers to contribute to. It's a little silly to poo-poo on community involvement and cohesion, since this is what the whole thing is about.

So, here's my endorsement, from the #1 US PVE Progression guild: Vote for Gudarzz!

(Who is also in Suckafish on his Jugg, which technically makes him a PvE'r)

I thought the purpose of a class rep was to monitor the class forums, gather concerns about advanced classes, and articulate these to the Devs. I think its meant to foster a sense of hey-we-couldn't-make-sense-of-all-of-the-concerns-so-we-outsourced-it-to-active-forum-users.

I know some of the people who posted in this thread on my behalf, but I did not ask or encourage them to make inflammatory posts. The only thing I asked them for was their vote.

Incidentally, I think this post is equivalent to your "...minions com(ing) on this thread and post(ing) angry, font happy, tantrums..." minus the altered fonts obviously. Plus, in my opinion the post typifies how this has turned into a popularity contest. Or, the YouTube videos or the numerous other posts...

I watch Gudarzz's twitch and his skills (in all specs) are pretty sick. It's about time PvP got some love. He gets my vote.

I don't doubt Gudarzz talents, nor do I think they very are relevant. I do feel his lack of involvement here is very relevant though. Being a great player and having top notch knowledge does nothing to alleviate players concerns if those qualities are not accessible or shared. To date, I have not seen Gudarzz do this.

Let's assume for a minute that Gudarzz knows everything about every spec for every situation for this class. As such, he already knows the best three questions to ask. This means he does not need to seek the advice and input of other forum users so on September 27th he can post his questions and be done with it? In this case, would you say the Class Rep concept succeeded?

Plus, I would also suggest the three questions he deems to be the best might not align with the broader community. Unfortunately, the concerns of the top 1% are not necessarily the concerns of the masses.

I am not suggesting this is what would happen. Still, I do think a disservice is being done to the Marauder forum readers when so many non-participants influence this vote. The only thing I can do about this for now is find 30+ more votes. :D

I thought the purpose of a class rep was to monitor the class forums, gather concerns about advanced classes, and articulate these to the Devs. I think its meant to foster a sense of hey-we-couldn't-make-sense-of-all-of-the-concerns-so-we-outsourced-it-to-active-forum-users.

I know some of the people who posted in this thread on my behalf, but I did not ask or encourage them to make inflammatory posts. The only thing I asked them for was their vote.

Incidentally, I think this post is equivalent to your "...minions com(ing) on this thread and post(ing) angry, font happy, tantrums..." minus the altered fonts obviously. Plus, in my opinion the post typifies how this has turned into a popularity contest. Or, the YouTube videos or the numerous other posts...

I don't doubt Gudarzz talents, nor do I think they very are relevant. I do feel his lack of involvement here is very relevant though. Being a great player and having top notch knowledge does nothing to alleviate players concerns if those qualities are not accessible or shared. To date, I have not seen Gudarzz do this.

Let's assume for a minute that Gudarzz knows everything about every spec for every situation for this class. As such, he already knows the best three questions to ask. This means he does not need to seek the advice and input of other forum users so on September 27th he can post his questions and be done with it? In this case, would you say the Class Rep concept succeeded?

Plus, I would also suggest the three questions he deems to be the best might not align with the broader community. Unfortunately, the concerns of the top 1% are not necessarily the concerns of the masses.

I am not suggesting this is what would happen. Still, I do think a disservice is being done to the Marauder forum readers when so many non-participants influence this vote. The only thing I can do about this for now is find 30+ more votes. :D

We want marauder to be represented by the best knowledge/talent and we want to make sure that our rep knows the class so we will not be worse off in 2.4 than we are now. We want all 3 of our spec to be optimal or at least viable for ranked warzone/4v4 arena.

Also you are not a bad pvper carnage is a bad pvp spec imo. I like pve but pvp balance is the most important thing to me since I play it so much.

Vote Bastion!!!

Edited by MarkXXIV

These are good points and I would hope all elected will act with integrity and work to be a voice for the community. You can't confirm that for all the people voicing support clearly as half the people seem clueless as to what the rep is for and it's function.

This will hopefully filter out the BS complaints and ************ and address real issues. It does require some one with knowledge of the class to be able to do and playing at a high level helps give you the ability to discern if something is really an issue or just complaints due to lack of skill or understanding, which the entire forums are bogged down

I think Gudarzz will act with integrity, as I am sure Oofalong will as well. I regularly watch his twitch stream he's a good guy and just wants what's best for the class and to make a positive impact as I hope all those up for vote for each class will and hopefully with voting it weeds out those who wouldn't.

That said good luck to everyone lets get it done and work together to make the game better.

Yo Oofa here is a video

Edited by -Swag-

im pretty sure gudarzz is going to get a pretty general consensus from both pvp and pve players of the class before posting the three questions. i mean, that's what he said. that's his word and i trust it. if you don't that's fine, but both his knowledge of the class and his personality are what drove me to vote for him. i don't care about inflammatory posts and childish bickering, all i care about is that a competent player of a class that i love gets to be the voice. and that he'll take not only my concerns into account, but many many others. and he will. Edited by GalvadosBlood

No offense. But this right here doesn't qualify you. To be the bridge between Bioware and the players means you need to be proficient and talented in all 3 specs. By admitting you are not in both PVE and PVP doesn't qualify you. Let me give you an example. If someone presents a PVP or PVE idea/question for you to post as your top 3. How are you going to decide whether it is actually worth while or not? Without knowing what they are talking about you truly won't be able to distinguish it.

You can throw it back to me and say well I'll listen to the community. They'll know what they are talking about! Wrong. The community is so wishy washy there will always be 2 sides. You will always here 2 sides to the argument as to which issues are more urgent ect ect. That is when it falls upon you and you're knowledge of the class in ALL scenarios (both PVP and PVE) to decide what is actually worth mentioning to Bioware and what isn't. Just my 2 cents.

No offense. But this right here doesn't qualify you. To be the bridge between Bioware and the players means you need to be proficient and talented in all 3 specs. By admitting you are not in both PVE and PVP doesn't qualify you. Let me give you an example. If someone presents a PVP or PVE idea/question for you to post as your top 3. How are you going to decide whether it is actually worth while or not? Without knowing what they are talking about you truly won't be able to distinguish it.

You can throw it back to me and say well I'll listen to the community. They'll know what they are talking about! Wrong. The community is so wishy washy there will always be 2 sides. You will always here 2 sides to the argument as to which issues are more urgent ect ect. That is when it falls upon you and you're knowledge of the class in ALL scenarios (both PVP and PVE) to decide what is actually worth mentioning to Bioware and what isn't. Just my 2 cents.

I strive to practice humility and self awareness. I find that bragging serves little purpose on the forums or anywhere else in life.

I always thought about it through the lens of professional athletes and coaches...

Edited by oofalong

I strive to practice humility and self awareness. I find that bragging serves little purpose on the forums or anywhere else in life.

I always thought about it through the lens of professional athletes and coaches...

But there is a difference between bragging and making people aware. I myself haven't heard of you. So telling us exactly what you know would generate more votes.

hey guys look at me! im really good! i can look at skill tooltips and compile them into an article.

im credible!!

hey in case you don't have eyes, force charge has a 15 second cooldown. and in case you're blind, in annihalation, you can force charge at point blank range.

ok brb putting that into a guide and then pretending im good.

hey guys look at me! im really good! i can look at skill tooltips and compile them into an article.

im credible!!

hey in case you don't have eyes, force charge has a 15 second cooldown. and in case you're blind, in annihalation, you can force charge at point blank range.

ok brb putting that into a guide and then pretending im good.

If you're crap then why do you want to be Sentinel class rep? ;)

That sounds boring. Also pro athletes and coaches probably aren't the best romodels.

I personally voted for Oofalong as well. Until now I hadn't heard of Gudarzz.

I hope whoever is picked works closely with the sentinel class representative, as changes in either class will effect the other.

Good luck to you both!!

Edited by Sameria

It amazes me how since Friday night the gap has remained between 30 and 40 votes despite a doubling in total votes.

Considering this and the imminent closing of the vote, I'd like to congratulate Gudarzz for being elected Marauder Class Representative. I wish him success in this role, which really means I hope BioWare heeds the class feedback and actually does something about it.

I'd like to thank every who voted here, and especially those who voted for me. In addition, thank you for whatever efforts you took to promote me.

Best of luck Gudarzz.

It amazes me how since Friday night the gap has remained between 30 and 40 votes despite a doubling in total votes.

Considering this and the imminent closing of the vote, I'd like to congratulate Gudarzz for being elected Marauder Class Representative. I wish him success in this role, which really means I hope BioWare heeds the class feedback and actually does something about it.

I'd like to thank every who voted here, and especially those who voted for me. In addition, thank you for whatever efforts you took to promote me.

Best of luck Gudarzz.

And still no sign of him.

Sad to see you lose :(

I was not aware of twitch being the Marauder sub-forums!

His fame as a "streamer" is irreverent. He was nominated and he accepted this nomination without every seeing him on this sub-forum. You don't see the problem with that ?

I hope you don't vote your politicians with the same logic you just used here.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

I think thats largely because gudarzz interacts with marauders/sents discussing the class in game/on twitch. On his twitch stream itself, you can see constant whispers from players asking class questions, and he answers every single one. Quite literally, this one player has more directly helped the marauder community as a whole than any other single player because of his accessibility. The forums are frequented mostly by "forum pvpers" or PvE'rs talking theorycrafting. Which while helpful to the elite 5% of pve'rs doesn't encompass the rest of the game. Gudarzz covers both aspects in an inclusive environment (twitch) where he interacts with viewers and chats with them while they get a quality entertainment experience.

I myself had a good discussion with him the other day regarding marauder/sent specs and problems with the classes, and not just regarding pvp issues. A lot of them were geared towards both pve and pvp because for the most part the overall class is very good in pvp.

Edited by Treblt

I think thats largely because gudarzz interacts with marauders/sents discussing the class in game/on twitch. On his twitch stream itself, you can see constant whispers from players asking class questions, and he answers every single one. Quite literally, this one player has more directly helped the marauder community as a whole than any other single player because of his accessibility. The forums are frequented mostly by "forum pvpers" or PvE'rs talking theorycrafting. Which while helpful to the elite 5% of pve'rs doesn't encompass the rest of the game. Gudarzz covers both aspects in an inclusive environment (twitch) where he interacts with viewers and chats with them while they get a quality entertainment experience.

I myself had a good discussion with him the other day regarding marauder/sent specs and problems with the classes, and not just regarding pvp issues. A lot of them were geared towards both pve and pvp because for the most part the overall class is very good in pvp.

Yep, he seems like a good guy. He gets a ton of questions from new and veteran players alike via /w and stream chat and he answers them all as thoroughly has he can, is willing to help out, has excellent contacts on the PVE side and provides great edutainment on his stream. I've learned a great deal watching him and his team play and their commentary is always fun to listen too.

And still no sign of him.

Sad to see you lose :(

I made a post on page 2 of this thread. And there is nothing to be sad about. If I end up winning, I hope to include Oofalong in every step of the marauder discussion.

When you allow yourselves to think of this class rep initiative as anything other than a "win/win" situation, you have already lost.

I made a post on page 2 of this thread. And there is nothing to be sad about. If I end up winning, I hope to include Oofalong in every step of the marauder discussion.

When you allow yourselves to think of this class rep initiative as anything other than a "win/win" situation, you have already lost.

This is all very true. The job of the class rep is to present the questions to the combat team. It doesn't mean he is meant to do it alone and come up with the ideas himself. EVERYONE in the marauder community should be giving their ideas as to what the class issues are and what 3 questions we want to have answered (which is why forum posts should be made with discussions about them). It really doesn't matter who wins because a good rep will consider the ideas of the community and then he will present those ideas.