Where There's a will, there's a shield....Unless there's not....

Talyn_Rahl

Okay so I'm leveling my Sith Assassin with Artifice, Arch and Treasure hunting, and it's going pretty well so far, got some nice Hilts for my saber, a couple of mods and lloottss of gems...

So I leveled like a good boy and went back to train.. cool Offhands! My old Shield gen from level 10 is looking a little tired....

There's the Str Focus... and there's the shield!

There's the Aim Focus... and yup, there's the shield!

There's the Will Focus.....wait....I sense a disturbance in the force!

Where's the Will shield? I searched the WHOLE Artifice trainer, and at NO point can we make a Offhand Shield Generator for Assassin tanks... so are we just supposed to use the subpar Str one, or does this Crewskill just suck for Assassin tanks?

Seems a little wierd that we can make Shield gens for Str and Aim tanks, but not for Will, especially as everything else this CS makes leans more towards Force Users than not.

I was under the impression that the two-bladed lightsaber required both hands.

This was mentioned in general chat (if the op is the player that brought the exact same subject up word for word on the red eclipse server ) :rolleyes:

I was under the impression that the two-bladed lightsaber required both hands.

I was also under this impression. I know that the dual wielding SI can equip shields still, but I don't think they activate or give any bonuses if you're wielding a double bladed lightsaber.

The tanking Advanced class for Inquisitor and Consular can wield a dual saber AND a shield for tanking or dps. The only problem, as mentioned in at least 3 other topics today, is that there are no willpower shields that can be crafted. Frustrating and annoying.

Sry for being off topic but you play on the red eclipse server yes?

If so i was reading general chat about all this :D

Yup I was Gorodetski, nerdraging in general about this at about 3 in the morning yesterday :p

And I know there are other topics about this, but tbh unless we kick up a fuss it'll NEVER get sorted, it's a sad, sorry state of affairs but the general rule in MMO's seems to be he who cries loudest gets his problems answered first.

it seems... wierd to me that we have Aim Shields but not will shiels, in a CS made mostly for FU's, why not transfer the Aim shields to something like Armstech, and put Will shields in their place.

The reason there are no Def shields in artifice is because SA's were at one time a str based class (in beta). They were changed, and I think that def shields were an over site and forgotten because there was no need for a willpower def shield. This isssue came up countless times in beta for well over six months, and well if it is still an issue at this point, I think that it will remain an issue for awhile longer. If the devs didnt see it before, then they are never going to see a post like this now with the plethora of posts that are flooding in with more important issues then this.

Yup I was Gorodetski, nerdraging in general about this at about 3 in the morning yesterday :p

And I know there are other topics about this, but tbh unless we kick up a fuss it'll NEVER get sorted, it's a sad, sorry state of affairs but the general rule in MMO's seems to be he who cries loudest gets his problems answered first.

it seems... wierd to me that we have Aim Shields but not will shiels, in a CS made mostly for FU's, why not transfer the Aim shields to something like Armstech, and put Will shields in their place.

Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to imply anything about there being other posts on this topic. I meant that it's starting to pick up amongst the community of SA's and JS's's? that Willpower shields are missing.

Edited by Tenrai