Few questions about instances

WinterIsComingX

Hey guys, I am new to this game.. i've played other MMO's before but not this and there are several things about this one that are different and confusing. For instance, this is probably a dumb question but I got booted out of a group the other day because "I wasn't in the same instance you noob".. I joined because I was level appropriate but they booted me. What does that mean, "not in the same instance" and how do I know what instance I am in?

Also, are all the instances like Black Talon and Saving Face and there is another around level 15 taht I can't think of, are all those quest related?

well all flashpoints are instanced

but if an area gets too populated the server will copy the zone the group may have been in instance one or instance 2 etc..etc..

You can find out which instance you're in by opening up your map.. in the bottom right hand corner it will say something like

Hutta (2)

Tython (2)

the (2) is the instance you are in.. and you can change this instance by clicking a dropdown and changing it..

I believe it shares a cooldown with quick travel though.. kind of a bummer, but you can probably leave that zone IE go to your ship and then back onto the planet and be in the same instance.

People were just being rude, but its something to pay attention to.