Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

Chiron_Prime

/signed

It's just stupid to cut away the meat and taters of the game. And no, I don't care how "epic"(I am epicly fed with epic stuff) the following stories are because of one rather understandable reason: Repeats ad-nauseum. I have 8 characters. 4 Imp/4 Pub. The amount of redoing the same stuff over and over and over again will just be sickening and disheartening. Note: COMPLETELY same stuff.

The stories are what made TOR, TOR. It wasn't flashpoints or operations(contrary to popular belief they didn't make wow either-the same demographic that made wow what it is, is the same one that pushed TOR ad astra-US the loyal gamers of the RPG genre). It certainly wasn't the PvP, no matter for how many pointless changes devs Credit the PvP. Then what was it? The stories and the feeling of uniqueness while playing each character. Sth that no MMO past, present or (in near) future has.

Bioware, I implore you! I know that you know what it is that makes or breaks an RPG. Please continue with what YOU are best known for!

Sincerely,

Worried customer

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't seem like Tanno Vik's voice would be that hard to replicate. And I agree with your end statement too.

Not saying otherwise but rather that the VA for Makeb had been done for some time before the planet was ever released.

In other words, it's possible they never recalled most of the VA's who did the original companions.

I don't even believe this is an actual issue, its what really makes this game stand out from the rest and Bioware knows it. Every new MMO that came out brought something new to the game, and Bioware chose this route. And It was good.

They were just blasted too hard and are probably traumatized from the rough first year, where they took too long to merge the servers and chose not to release it as f2p, in an era where most of the would be subscribers were in a country that had been at war and bombing countries for many years with an unimaginable (prove by science) amount in the war budget and funding other countries to bomb others. This game came out when the war in Afghanistan was at its worse. The would be subscribers needed a break!!! It had nothing to do with the game being bad. We love this game, it was and still is genius. SWTOR lucked out and survived some really bad decisions from management, where they even had to lay off the workers who were only doing what they were told to do. Don't make any more bad decisions and appreciate the fact that SWTOR pulled through, the tough times and that it is doing good right now. Raise the level cap, and more cut scenes, please, even if its just extra missions given to you by companions. Take all the time that is needed, but don't say that It's all over. Though that's not what I understood.

But just in case ...

Signed.

/Signed

I play this game, and PAY to play this game, for one reason alone: Individualized Personal Story arcs.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel was with only one small exception an IDENTICAL experience for EVERY SINGLE CLASS. The exception being in how your persona was addressed by the NPC's.

Did I accept this as a limitation in the development time and finances available? Yes, I did.

I DO NOT accept yet ANOTHER Makeb-like(Makebbish?) experience where I am practically referred to as: Generic Hero/Villain 'X'. I know full well Bioware/EA is going to DO THIS ANYWAY! Am I disgusted and bitter? Do Wookies rip off arms when they lose? Am I going to keep shelling out the credits? That depends on how angry I am by the end of the year, after having been snubbed again and again by greedy, money grubbing corporate suits who wouldn't know a good product if it called them 'Scruffy-looking Nerf Herders'.

I don't have any problems laying out some gamer-hate, Bioware. You have PROVEN to have earned it in the past, and I have no doubt your corporate masters will continue to convince you to do things that alienate your core fan/customer base in the future, they are after all, slavish devotees of the darkest side.

If the story concerns decent Star Wars Lore I really don't care too much about tiny 1 hour expansions for 8 classes when they can make a decent 8 hour generic one. IMHO the trooper, Consular, Smuggler and for most the JK stories were really dull anyway so extending them would be busy work to me. Flashpoints like the false emperor, directive 7 and the foundry have shown that sometimes a generic story can stil be interesting providing it's important to the star wars lore.

/signed

truth be told I am not happy with the current "stories" offered in this game, but they are acceptable.

Reading that announcement I fear the developers have tossed all hope out of creating anything unique and special for this game. Instead they are focusing on Cartel Market, PVP, and rehashed Flashpoints (Hard Mode, Nightmare Mode). Star Wars: The Old Republic was promised to stand out among all other MMORPGs, and it has failed. TOR is nothing more than a cookie cutter MMO with a sprinkle of Role Play (Class Missions). Luke Skywalkers story did not end after the defeat of the Emperor. Han Solo's adventures did not end after blowing up the shield generator on Endor. Why then would our characters story end after just four chapters? Because the developers don't want to work that hard? Perhaps. Not enough money? Not likely. Not enough support from parent company? Now that does seem possible. EA hasn't supported a quality RPG let alone a MMO.

Stories in SW:TOR could have been EPIC beyond measure, but were only so-so in reality. The path one takes through the story line leads to the same result no matter what options are selected. With a few very minor changes (choosing Zash over Kem Val as a Sorcerer) that amount to less than nothing in the grand scheme. I have said since Beta that a characters choices should have a dramatic impact on that characters Story. Killing vs not killing a story NPC; by not killing you end up creating a new ally or perhaps that enemy attempts to attack you again later as a secondary side mission.

Simply put, the current LINEAR STORY is dull and does not warrant a second playthrough of any class (Sorcerer then Assassin for example). Motivation for creating a second of any class is presented only by the inability to change class once you select an advanced class. But that's another topic.

#disappointment

/signed

Simply put, the current LINEAR STORY is dull and does not warrant a second playthrough of any class (Sorcerer then Assassin for example). Motivation for creating a second of any class is presented only by the inability to change class once you select an advanced class. But that's another topic.

#disappointment

Uh...you try to do LS and DS Warrior? That is the one class where the sl is very different. Besides the whole Jaesa thing, I never let Vette out of the collar with my DS Warrior but I did with my LS. Plus it is cool to see who actually turns up at the end during your fight with Baras if you are more merciful to some people in the beginning. Even the fight with Vemrin in the beginning was dramatically more different because of my LS choices.

Uh...you try to do LS and DS Warrior? That is the one class where the sl is very different. Besides the whole Jaesa thing, I never let Vette out of the collar with my DS Warrior but I did with my LS. Plus it is cool to see who actually turns up at the end during your fight with Baras if you are more merciful to some people in the beginning. Even the fight with Vemrin in the beginning was dramatically more different because of my LS choices.

Sith Warrior seems to be the only one they put that kind of effort into. I will agree that this one class has some cause-effect style story. What about the others?

Edited by Slay_Victus

YES!

My main is an IA Sniper. The Agent's role in the war after what happened on Makeb is uncertain given

the dissolution of Imperial Intelligence.

It doesn't really make sense to ignore those with whom the Agent worked in the class story, either, given the kind of information they must still have. So I'm not really convinced at all that involving the wider, less "personal" conflict can be so easily separated from the events of class stories in a way that consistently makes sense.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

How much are you willing to pay for more class stories? Because that's an insane amount of work. There's what, 4 basic classes per side? So 8 individual quest lines for an expansion pack? All with different voice over? That's a hefty workload. I mean I'm all about class stories, I think most of them were awesome but I just realize that it'd be a lot of labor and cost involved.

It is not the question of whether it is worth it for BioWARE, more of wanting. Personally, as a new player, I am feeling that game has so much content I have not seen yet, I am almost overwhelmed. I think my chances of making through the game with 12 characters I have designed are none, and with 8 characters are slim.

On the other hand, boy, do I want more content for the existing companions. I will basically don't bat an eyelash at shelling out $100-200 for a Female Romantic expansion if it adds romances to Zenith (and Pierce and Talos and Gault... and Kalyio and Akavi) and more Flirts.