Galactic Command achievements to become unobtainable? Please give a proper solution

TheRandomno

Charles: You'll still have your achievements for getting Galactic Command Rank 300, that'll still be there.

Eric: Yep, all your titles, the achievements that you earned, all that stuff. Now, it is worth noting though that you will not be able to earn those anymore once we switch over to this.

Charles: Yeah, so if you want those achievements...

Eric: Yep, all the Galactic Command achievements will go into Feats of Strength or whatever; they can no longer be earned. So if you want them, you want those achievements, you want the titles that come from them, get them in before Onslaught, for sure.

I am proposing the following.

Either:

• Rethink this decision. Keep intact the achievements of those who have already earned them, but for the future, rework the achievements so that they can be earned by obtaining a similar level of Galactic Renown.

or:

• Properly archive these achievements. This means zero all points offered by the achievements and move them to a separate section.

Eric suggests they will be moved to a Feats of Strength section. We have little precedence for what this means. The only current Feats of Strength section (under the Legacy category of achievements) features one achievements worth 0 points which was limited-time (Play 2 Give 2018), and one achievement worth 100 points which is still obtainable.

Another case of archived achievements is the Dark vs. Light event. At first, everyone's progress on the achievements was reset, but the achievements remained. This caused great outrage and the eventual result was that the achievement progress was returned. Removing all progress from Galactic Command achievements is not a solution and I do not propose it.

Other evidence we have for the fate of archived achievements is Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace Nightmare Mode. These modes were removed in 4.0 and the achievements were moved to an Archived section in the Operations category. However, the points were retained so their move has effectively done nothing.

Please do not do the same to the Galactic Command achievements. There have always been unobtainable achievements in this game and it's possible there always will be. But I would not like to like to see the number increase when it can be easily avoided.

Edited by TheRandomno

Eric suggests they will be moved to a Feats of Strength section. We have little precedence for what this means. The only current Feats of Strength section (under the Legacy category of achievements) features one achievements worth 0 points which was limited-time (Play 2 Give 2018), and one achievement worth 100 points which is still obtainable.

Another case of archived achievements is the Dark vs. Light event. At first, everyone's progress on the achievements was reset, but the achievements remained. This caused great outrage and the eventual result was that the achievement progress was returned. Removing all progress from Galactic Command achievements is not a solution and I do not propose it.

Please do not do the same to the Galactic Command achievements. There have always been unobtainable achievements in this game and it's possible there always will be. But I would not like to like to see the number increase when it can be easily avoided.

There are numerous problems with current achievements. 1,000 points that appear as Achievements that cannot be completed. See this user's signature for the list.

I agree, do this properly to continue these as Galactic Renown and give players credit for progress. Also, more unobtainable achievements to another "archived section". Players are in competition to complete these and it does not give incentive to continue if the playing field is trumped up. This is also personal enjoyment with the creativity of achievements and to see something that you can't ever complete is degrading to game play.

I also understand a business model push to make players play more to get the achievements before an expansion comes out, but this is a negative incentive and ultimately kills enjoyment and continued subscriptions.

I also understand a business model push to make players play more to get the achievements before an expansion comes out, but this is a negative incentive and ultimately kills enjoyment and continued subscriptions.

That will sadly always be the issue. You have HK achievements which you cant get since the chapter was limited to being a sub at a specific time. They are a company and will always be looking at ways to make profit. Its same as with Ossus recently. Its new content and to get good numbers on players playing Ossus you make a method so that players HAVE to keep going there, which was the gear grind.

Now they said you will be getting gear from crates in 6.0 based on gear rating on that toon, which means, you should try to get as much 258 toons as possible till 6.0 which is again another forced content. Sadly, they want to make profit, so these issues will always be here.

I have a question regarding this, since those achievements will be removed, will the CXP bonus from rank 300 from each class will also get removed? As that seems unfair for those who haven't completed it yet as 100% CXP bonus is a pretty hefty when leveling Galactic Command.

Now they said you will be getting gear from crates in 6.0 based on gear rating on that toon, which means, you should try to get as much 258 toons as possible till 6.0 which is again another forced content. Sadly, they want to make profit, so these issues will always be here.

Are you serious right now? So they finally decide to give us tailored rewards for class, rank and rating, which is probably the most important change of the entire itemization overhaul together with shared legacy items when leveling alts, and you still find a way to moan about it? How on earth is this bad and "profit making" compared to the current galactic command mechanic that is complete RNG mayham.

I have a question regarding this, since those achievements will be removed, will the CXP bonus from rank 300 from each class will also get removed? As that seems unfair for those who haven't completed it yet as 100% CXP bonus is a pretty hefty when leveling Galactic Command.

They said in the livestream that all the achievements and perks that you have acquired before the 6.0 update will remain in your legacy. I don't think it is unfair that seasoned players that went through with it get to keep it.

They did not say that with the new galactic renown system there will not be new achievements and perks, which I kinda expect at this point and that would be the best option. Otherwise there will be many players, like this thread shows, who will constantly complain about the fact that some players earned something in the game they can't get anymore.

Edited by Phazonfreak

They did not say that with the new galactic renown system there will not be new achievements and perks, which I kinda expect at this point and that would be the best option. Otherwise there will be many players, like this thread shows, who will constantly complain about the fact that some players earned something in the game they can't get anymore.

What does new achievements solve if the old achievements remain?

What does new achievements solve if the old achievements remain?

New incentive. I understand that some people can't get over the fact that at some point a game offered achievements that can't be obtained anymore. But I don't think keeping them in the loop with a new mechanical system is good. Better to create new achievement goals that supplement the new system.

New incentive. I understand that some people can't get over the fact that at some point a game offered achievements that can't be obtained anymore. But I don't think keeping them in the loop with a new mechanical system is good. Better to create new achievement goals that supplement the new system.

I still don't get it. The current situation will lead to this:

• People complaining about not being able to get Command achievements

Your suggestion will lead to this:

• People getting the Renown achievements
  • People complaining about not being able to get Command achievements

OP, I'm not completely understanding the issue.

Is it that there will be something else under achievements that reads "0/1" in your list that you won't be able to earn after 6.0?

Or is it something else?

Edited by Darevsool

OP, I'm not completely understanding the issue.

Is it that there will be something else under achievements that reads "0/1" in your list that you won't be able to earn after 6.0?

Or is it something else?

No, my achievements will not be affected currently as I will be finishing the Command achievements before 6.0.

• Dev Post

Either:

• Rethink this decision. Keep intact the achievements of those who have already earned them, but for the future, rework the achievements so that they can be earned by obtaining a similar level of Galactic Renown.

or:

• Properly archive these achievements. This means zero all points offered by the achievements and move them to a separate section.

Other evidence we have for the fate of archived achievements is Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace Nightmare Mode. These modes were removed in 4.0 and the achievements were moved to an Archived section in the Operations category. However, the points were retained so their move has effectively done nothing.

Appreciate the feedback here. Your second suggestion above is our intention. When we say moving to feats of strength we mean that the achievements will no longer be attainable and their value will go down to 0 points.

I hear your feedback as well that there is some inconsistency in how we treat the other archived achievements, the team is looking into them!

-eric

Appreciate the feedback here. Your second suggestion above is our intention. When we say moving to feats of strength we mean that the achievements will no longer be attainable and their value will go down to 0 points.

I hear your feedback as well that there is some inconsistency in how we treat the other archived achievements, the team is looking into them!

-eric

This is great to hear. I really appreciate the response.

Are you serious right now?

I never moan about this game, I love it no matter what happens. Maybe I wrote it wrong, I just tried to explain how Bioware looks at the game. Its simple, they need to keep players busy for low costs. Thats what they always do and it works.

Well, as long as its achievements which you easily gain over time just playing the game its no big loss if they are reduced to 0 points.

-eric

And with this, you can screw over some cheevo hunter over who did this grind only for the juicy points. Please consider to change them to achieve Galactic Renown Rank X (300 for example). So it's possible that everyone who joins the game during a later period can get the cheevos and everyone who did them before has a little headstart.

Thanks for rethinking it.

And with this, you can screw over some cheevo hunter over who did this grind only for the juicy points. Please consider to change them to achieve Galactic Renown Rank X (300 for example). So it's possible that everyone who joins the game during a later period can get the cheevos and everyone who did them before has a little headstart.

Thanks for rethinking it.

Why should you get an achievement for completing a system in a game, after the game has removed this system?