Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

I want to thank you natashina for doing the good work and keeping the pressure up. I honestly believe that without your work we would still not have an answer.

On the update itself. It is a nice start but only nothing more.

And even though depending on how the OGRAs are programmed opening up existing NPCs for SGRAs could be a lot of work, I really hope that BioWare will include them at least in the first real expansion with additional chapters (which I expect will come later this year).

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also happy because it means I'll finally have someone to group with! Anyone else on PotF?

I have an Imp toon on that server I'm leveling now.

So now my agent is trapped forever in a relationship with Temple or can I just break her heart?

I hope so, but poor Temple....

Not yet, but you can flirt with guys in front of her I suppose :p

I wonder if you'll lose affection from current romances? I'm assuming current companions will be mute for Makeb, but they can possibly add in affection gains/losses.

Seeing some people freaking out over on general now that SGR has been reconfirmed, is disappointing, but not surprising in the least.

And it's not even companions, it's only NPC same-gender flirts.

It's mainly the same people that have been complaining for months (who seem a bit obsessed with how others like to have romance in game).

They're not worth taking seriously.

Edited by stuffystuffs

Edit: Last thing...again, why is it that people that hate this content the most can't stay away from the related threads? They seem to be hung up on SGRs almost as much as the community that wants them is. :rolleyes:

Same reason people who hate such and such DJ/Commentator seem to watch/listen to their show and know everything they've said.

Sooo glad we are getting this now. Might not be all I hoped for but the door is OPEN and it can't be shut! In related news I got confirmation from Hall Hood that the SGRA is only for entirely new NPCs... was kinda hoping some old NPCs would maybe make appereances on Makeb but no matter... champagne time! Edited by Ixum

idc wat others think this is the greastest news ever. yea im a lil bummed with the possibility of old companions not bein SGR but since it wasnt included in launch not surprised. like i said before when we get new companions im sure theyll be SGRable. and kudos for bio puttin the info up for all to see. this is wats happening so everyone get over it :)

now to make that lvl 50 grind.

I personally am against SGR, but as long it's not thrusted in my face then I'm happy . What I can see happening is players getting bullied and trolled for choosing SGR and the general chat being flooded with homophobic jokes.PLEASE PLEASE Bioware focus on actual issues in game rather than this

What I can see happening is players getting bullied and trolled for choosing SGR and the general chat being flooded with homophobic jokes.PLEASE PLEASE Bioware focus on actual issues in game rather than this

How would anyone know what dialog another player picks unless they quest with them?

And...if the person you quest with gives you crap for choosing a SG flirt...then you need new friends/people to quest with.

Probably wildly speculating, but I would guess when they add the SGR flirts, it will be as in your face as the OGR ones are.

I get that some people don't like SS content, that's fine, that's your opinion, I really can't see it being an issue of being "In your face", and I would be upset if it was.

^.^

I personally am against SGR, but as long it's not thrusted in my face then I'm happy . What I can see happening is players getting bullied and trolled for choosing SGR and the general chat being flooded with homophobic jokes.PLEASE PLEASE Bioware focus on actual issues in game rather than this

Personally, I'm opposed to OGR, but since it is thrust in my face all over the place fair's fair.

And on the original topic...WOOOHOOO!!!!!!

Ok, I'll write this up for LGR tonight. Just got to my college and got set up.

Sooo glad we are getting this now. Might not be all I hoped for but the door is OPEN and it can't be shut! In related news I got confirmation from Hall Hood that the SGRA is only for entirely new NPCs... was kinda hoping some old NPCs would maybe make appereances on Makeb but no matter... champagne time!

Just logged after being away for the holidays and this was great news to come back to. Woot :D

Yeah, I know. :p It's like both ends of a magnet. Though I'd like to state that I could live without the "other side" being so childish about this at times, instead of just sucking it up and taking it like grown-ups.

Now, the problem with that statement, is it works in reverse. One could of said "suck it and take it like a grown up, sgr isn't in the game"

Now, the problem with that statement, is it works in reverse. One could of said "suck it and take it like a grown up, sgr isn't in the game"

Had they not continued to say the content was coming since pre-launch, I most certainly would. I wouldn't even expect it.

Heck, even if this last announcement was "sorry, we have decided to not include SGR in the game", then I would just suck it up and move on. I already know that asking them for content they aren't working on in this game is a lost cause. :rolleyes:

Edited by chuixupu

Last thing I read about that was they were actually regular Twi'lek children, but one of the people working on the book that refers to them as hybrids misinterpreted what was shown.

That's my take on it. The father was a clone, and considering the timeline of his desertion (shortly after Geonosis, I think, which is the first time the clones were allowed off Kamino), there's no way he found a twi'lek woman, fell in love, and had children with her (at least children of that age) in that scant amount of time. It's only three years between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. The Clone Wars obviously takes place in that intervening time, and there was literally no chance for a clone to have children that old.

The children have to be from her previous marriage with a normal twi'lek male, who died when the children were very young. The kids call the clone dad not because he helped bring them into the world, but because he is their stepdad, though I don't know if he'd adopted them legally or not.

Edited by JacenHallis

I was talking about people's reactions to the blog entry, opening threads like 'Where's my wookie romance?" and similar things. If we had received news on SGR not coming to the game, we'd be talking about a comparable situation. Not eggs and apples.

Typing in short bursts.

Thanks for the support! I'm good on the champagne, but I'll join you with some sparkling cider.

Speaking of typing in short bursts, I put this into the SotG thread:

Okay, riddle me this:

SGRs get their first official update since March, and it's only for NPCs. It's also the first time a current employee has publicly say a word since then as well.

PvP'ers got an entire patch for 1.6 and I know have gotten a ton of updates since March and the Guild Summit. And he did talk about PvP in this very SotG.

So, how is Jeff mentioning SGRs ignoring PvP again?

Edited by natashina

By the way, the detractors have their own thread now in the Suggestion Box. The mods have done their thing and it's cool to stay open. I saw a yellow post come and go.

Spread the word. It's about time they got their own thread to speak their mind. I may strongly disagree with some (and find others just vile and sick,) but they do have a right to a voice on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=580675

By the way, the detractors have their own thread now in the Suggestion Box. The mods have done their thing and it's cool to stay open. I saw a yellow post come and go.

Spread the word. It's about time they got their own thread to speak their mind. I may strongly disagree with some (and find others just vile and sick,) but they do have a right to a voice on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=580675

To be honest, I do not agree they have the right to voice their opinion on SGR, since that opinion, in most cases, stems from their real life views on homosexuality, which, expressed on this board, is against the forum rules.

I'm not too enthusiastic about this thread, as my assumption is that the same kinds of fights will break out that have occurred in General, whenever this topic has been brought up in a singular thread there. Plus, the OP isn't really suggesting stuff, he's more or less just claiming his dissatisfaction.

I'm glad though that a few more people have popped up, posting reasonable arguments for SGR, so I can lay it low. I'm tired of this fighting, I'm tired of all this anti-SGR crap.

I just wish we could just be looking forward to the content now without having to deal with these people all the time.

Edited by Lent_San

**hugs** Yeah, new supporters all the time Lent. Hang in there hun!

You bet I'm all about that thread. The trolls won't stop, so they should have their own special little corner just like we were stuck in until November. We'll know where most of them are at, they can talk trash about SGRs all day long and hopefully give us less of a headache.

Heh, I left a valid suggestion for that guy.

You know, if you want to campaign against SGRs, I know of advocacy groups that would love to help you. One of them likes to focus on families, so that will help you. They failed the last time, but worth a shot eh?

If you feel that strongly about it, don't sit in the forums and complain. Tell the media, tell those advocacy groups that you'd like this option removed. It does help if you get a lot of your fellow supporters against SGRs to write in though. It can't be just one or two people.

Anyhow, try that and I wish you the best of luck!

Edit: I left that suggestion because...well, it's the Suggestion Box and that was the only way I could see to assisting the OP. I wasn't trolling, I was being very serious, because I don't see anyway that this is going to be removed from the game otherwise.

I wanted to mention that a guy named Fred would be willing to help him out, but I thought that was too far. :p

Edited by natashina

Off topic, but I'm off to bed now. I need a nap. I seriously need a nap. Maybe tomorrow my mood will be lighter.

Here's hoping you are right, natashina, about them staying in that thread and not bothering us anymore.

As of now, I can't really believe it. And to only know such a thread exists is really disturbing to me, as funny as that may sound.

A nap may help.

Night all. <3