Leveling with Pvp

Katano

I recently asked which Guardian tree spec would be best for leveling a character with the help of pvp. Basically queing for pvp while doing quests and joining whenever i get the chance. I don't care about 50 pvp or ops and raids i just want to level a character and do the occasional flashpoint/heroic but they are not a priority.

So basically, which would be better for that? Guardian or Sent? Also which tree of that advanced class is best for what i want? I guess i should also mention i'd like to use Kira as my main companion which i know is better for guardians but at the same time i wouldn't be a tanking guardian since im an mmo noob and probably can't handle all the micromanage.

With a level 15 guardian right now i felt really weak with defense spec and even vigilance spec only putting up 50-80k damage but with my gunslinger and powertech (levels 12 and 16) i put up 150k+ dmg.

Previous post is completely false. Sentinel is better and faster at both. Level as Focus until 20, then respec watchmen until 40. After that, whatever you want.

Guardians take significantly longer and are complete crap til 40 in PVP.

Previous post is completely false. Sentinel is better and faster at both. Level as Focus until 20, then respec watchmen until 40. After that, whatever you want.

Guardians take significantly longer and are complete crap til 40 in PVP.

To level via PvE the tank guardian is to prefer, as a tank you get almost instant grp finder pop ups

And in pvp the sent sucks in survivability, because he gets his uber def cd's around lvl 40

guards in vengance is a lot of fun or you can go into focus which is about the same as the sent's focus spec

At level 15 you are going to feel weak with any class. I've leveled both a guardian and marauder (sent. imp equivalent) in pvp and I chose to level tank as a guardian, I didnt do as much damage as a marauder (sent.) but I kept the healers alive and it was fun being the ball carrier in huttball. Focus/smash is the fotm spec now for both AC classes that want to dps. Both AC's have their advantages, but find whatever play style you prefer. It's super easy to level up in this game. And now the gear grind for PvP gear at 50 after patch 1.6 isn't nearly as bad as before either.

Edit: Plus I agree with the post above mine.

Edited by Fayme

If you're playing a Guardian, you should be getting the Guard ability soon. In a PvP enviroment, it's basically a medal farming machine. It doesn't matter what spec you are, put the guard on a healer that's willing to keep you alive, and taunt every chance you get. (Both single target and AE.) Your protection medals will be falling in.

I personally played a Vengeance Juggerant, and the best thing about that tree for PvP was the Unstoppable ability which gave me 4 seconds of crowd control immunity after every force leap. (For a Guardian I think it's the Unrementing in the Vigilance tree.) Came in very handy, especially during Huttball. And while I couldn't touch a gunslinger/sniper's damage, I was still able to do a good enough amount of damage to farm both damage and protection medals.

But, the most popular spec for either advanced calss is the Focus/Rage tree for the high damaging Force Sweep/Smash area damage. If you're looking for something that's just the easiest to play in PvP, go with a Focus Sentinel.