Why has the vanguard skill tree been messed with?

-Hughesy-

I assume your talking about a DPS tree?

My tanking tree has either break even or been buffed.

Probably Assault, people who had redonculous burst (like operatives before) tend to not know how to pvp after getting put in line.

Glad I play Tactics, it's great with the buffs we got.

Probably Assault, people who had redonculous burst (like operatives before) tend to not know how to pvp after getting put in line.

Glad I play Tactics, it's great with the buffs we got.

This. And I learned PG affects Sticky Nade and Mortar Volley, so:

5 stacks of PG + Sticky Nade + Mortar Volley + Pulse Cannon = a pile of dead sorcs.

AS, is still as good as before. Did not notice any dps loss on a 8/8/25 build so no burnout nor AP as vanguard.

You still burn people down as usual but it take a bit more time, nothing major.

I only noticed less proc from IA/PPA than before the patch on my 50 Vanguard and equally the same as 1.1.5 on my 45 PyroTech.

This. And I learned PG affects Sticky Nade and Mortar Volley, so:

5 stacks of PG + Sticky Nade + Mortar Volley + Pulse Cannon = a pile of dead sorcs.

IT DOES WHAT?!? Hahaha... i hope they dont fix it in the patch tomorrow - i want some fun with that comba first then. Rofl.

If this is a late april fool then you got me, I am off to test this.

It has been bugged for a long time, but I haven't checked it in the new patch. This is for Republic only too, it wasn't bugged for Empire when I tested.

i never tryied it before 1.2 but now pulse generator's 5 stacks do not increase puls cannons damage at all neither does it apply the mentioned slow of 70%.

and actually, pulse cannon with these 5 stacks does less damage than it did before the patch without even being skilled tactics.

When I respecced tactics last night I noticed that they'd added an extra tick to pulse cannon and reduced the damage by about 25% per tick.

So, instead of 3 ticks for 2.4-2.5k self buffed I'm getting four ticks for 1.8-1.9k

I didn't try PvP so I didn't really see if the slow was working. PG does still affect MV and SG though.

And yes, if the RNG gods smile and everything crits, the combination of SG/MV/pulse cannon with 5 stacks of PG does absolutely insane AoE damage. (3k+6x1.6k+4x1.8k, or just under 20k damage over 6 seconds). Of course, the chance of everything critting is pretty minimal, even with cooldowns and you can only do it once a minute.

Well, ALSO! Explosive Surge now generates a PG even if it doesn't hit anyone! So now you can always start a fight with explosive surges, then recharge and reload!

Loving these new "bugs". I just wish explosive surge made a PG Per target hit. And at 5 stacks, PG is like Ion Pulse - so it's more damage/ammo and damage/time effecient when hitting 2+ people in it.