[Feedback] Group Finder

thebadmf

It's not. There's going to be a Storymode (Normal), a Tier 1 Hardmode, a Tier 2 Hardmode, and then Nightmare.

I'll see if I can find where I read that. I think it was a Q&A.

I was under the impression tiers meant what you could complete. Nightmare EV or KP is the last tier 1 op and then SM Denova is the beginning of Tier 2 for Ops, same with LI NM being the beginning of Tier 2 for FPs. That is where the breaking point for new gear and harder content begins as far as I am aware.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick reply on HMFP Tier and Gear Score. I think the Tier is fine but you need to reevaluate what can be done by a fresh 50 player. Worse case scenario is you're going to have a tank / dps / healer with all 49-50 green armor. If that person can't complete the HMFP then it's Tier 2.

The mind set of someone who just dinged 50 is basically start doing HMFP to get Tionese gear. They are going to que for Tier 1, fail, and get very frustrated.

I was under the impression tiers meant what you could complete. Nightmare EV or KP is the last tier 1 op and then SM Denova is the beginning of Tier 2 for Ops, same with LI NM being the beginning of Tier 2 for FPs. That is where the breaking point for new gear and harder content begins as far as I am aware.

Ahh, yes, but it includes HM's too:

tkinnunzero: In Game Update 1.3, can you briefly summarize what is the endgame Operation gear progression, i.e. what is the path a fresh level 50 is intended to be following that will see him/her eventually conquer the highest difficulties and end up fully decked in Best-in-Slot gear in every slot?

Jason: We expect a fresh level 50 character to start with a mixture of high level Premium and Prototype gear from missions, crafting and planetary commendations. For players interested in Group PvE end-game content the first step would be to use Group Finder to go through the Normal Mode Flashpoints until you acquire a full set of Prototype gear, probably mixed with several Artifact/Tionese items or mods. Next up would be hard mode Flashpoints (starting with tier 1 then moving on to the harder tier 2 Rakghoul Flashpoints) and story-mode Operations (starting with Eternity Vault then moving on to Karraga’s Palace) where you pick up your Columi/Energized gear. Finally you’d get into story mode Explosive Conflict to pick up your Rakata gear, and use the Black Hole commendations to start picking up Black Hole gear. To progress past this point you’ll need a guild at your back capable of doing Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Operations. Starting into hard modes immediately after story mode Eternity Vault will let your dramatically accelerate your Columi and Rakata gearing, and Hard Mode Explosive Conflict lets you rapidly pick up Black Hole gear and is the only way to pick up the top-of-the-line Campaign gear set.

Once you have good gear that you feel you’re going to hold on to for a while you can improve it by adding Augments through crafting and Item Modification Tables. You can also optimize it by extracting mods from duplicate pieces of Operation gear to get the perfect balance of stats for your character build. Crafting also has a role to play, especially if your guild has a lot of extra Operation gear they can reverse engineer. It allows you to augment your gear more quickly and cheaply, customize the look of your gear, and help gear up your new guild-mates with powerful crafted mods and items.

If you enjoy solo content playing the daily mission hubs on Ilum, Belsavis and Corellia can help rack up the credits and accelerate your early end-game gear progression. The Galactic Trade Network provides opportunities to buy powerful mods and items with all those credits, while providing a decent income for the end-game crafters.

Our plan for future Operation game updates is to have Group Finder players to progress from Story mode to Story mode, while Operation guilds move into Hard Mode of the new operation (possibly dropping back into Story Mode to learn fight mechanics or gear up new players) then progress into Nightmare Mode. We intend to introduce Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode in the same update (Nightmare Explosive Conflict was delayed to allow us get some exciting new Nightmare Mode tech into the game which we should have more details on soon). We’re also planning on having Hard Mode Flashpoint rewards continue to progress as we introduce new tiers of content, allowing new players to skip past some of the earlier Operations (if their guild has already completed them and doesn’t wish to go back, for example).

Ignore lists and Group Finder:

Quick Tip: if you place a player on your ignore list you will never be matched in a Group Finder group with that player. Although we have a loading screen tip already implemented for this option, we realize that we will need to more clearly communicate this.

While at it may i sugest that the group finder prioritises people from friends list? That way, if i realy enjoyed playing with some players i can add them to friends list so that the system would favor queueing me with them if it happens that we queue at same time. Edited by celldoom

After finally getting my lvl50 to PTS i've tested the Group Finder. Iam sure the following observations are known, but i want to share them along with my experiences and suggestions about improving it.

- First of all symbols of the character roles after entering an LFG instance are wrong on the player portraits. Tank symbol is the healer, Dps symbol is the tank and the Healer symbol is the dps. In the LFG window it shows fine.

- When someone leaves a group and we try to look for a replacement it just keep saying our group is Invalid. Additionally i find it confusing when we try to update roles, it shows multiple symbols of other for me in the LFG window. The symbols are usually in eachother or out of that little field.

- After you finish an LFG instance you can only exit to the fleet entrance of it. If you queued from somewhere else you should be able to return there.

- Adding some money reward to the daily rewards of the LFG could be nice.

- The LFG could be minimalized with a button when the group is matched, because sometimes theres a little wait time until all of the players press ready.

These are what ive experienced so far, and i hope i've helped with some of my suggestions.

Edited by Epso

• Dev Post

Hi Again!

Thanks for all of the additional feedback, we are taking note of it all!

I wanted to correct a mistake I made in my previous post about the queuing order. We evaluate Tier 2 first, then Tier 1. The correct order is:

• At level 50 this will be in the following order: Story Mode Operations, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 2, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 1, Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations
  • Under level 50 this will be in the following order: Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations

I also wanted to let you know that the issue where the incorrect Role Icon is displayed will be fixed with the next version of Public Test.

Why is storymode denova lumped in with storymode KP and EV? Story denova is closer to nightmare KP and EV in difficulty and gear required - I cannot imagine successfully PUGing a storymode Denova. The "tank" will show up with lvl 47 greens and get 1 shotted. While KP and EV can be done with a group in blue gear, denova needs a mix of columi and rakata - there shuold be a tier-2 of operations just like you have for flashpoints.

Hi Again!

Thanks for all of the additional feedback, we are taking note of it all!

I wanted to correct a mistake I made in my previous post about the queuing order. We evaluate Tier 2 first, then Tier 1. The correct order is:

• At level 50 this will be in the following order: Story Mode Operations, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 2, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 1, Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations
  • Under level 50 this will be in the following order: Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations

I also wanted to let you know that the issue where the incorrect Role Icon is displayed will be fixed with the next version of Public Test.

When can we expect the new patch? Also, PLEASE shrink the borders on the UI Panels. Give us minimalist design. There's no reason for the Panels to be big and clunky, with all that extra space taking up real estate on our screens.

It's not. There's going to be a Storymode (Normal), a Tier 1 Hardmode, a Tier 2 Hardmode, and then Nightmare.

I'll see if I can find where I read that. I think it was a Q&A.

Ah! Thank you for the clarification.

So why a group finder lockout?

I accidentially went into que as a healer om my Merc. didn't realise that by i had pressed accept on group and left it after talking to the group about if there was another to heal.

When i left the FP i was locked out for 12 mins or so. This was sue to my error sure. but you should remove to lockout when someone leave b4 starting any fights og let us unselect ready in the group window.

Also. It is hard to see the icons change when ppl get ready in the group box. Make it a brighter color plz

Why is storymode denova lumped in with storymode KP and EV? Story denova is closer to nightmare KP and EV in difficulty and gear required - I cannot imagine successfully PUGing a storymode Denova

Me either. Story mode Denova should be removed from the group finder options, unless it is about to get a major nerf, which I really hope isn't the case. Or at least move it into a "Tier 2 Operations" category that is also disabled by default.

If you put someone on ignore, please make it so you don't get placed in a group with them in the group finder.

To a lesser extent, I'd love to see this happen to warzone queues as well.

Consequences to douchattery is a good thing.

Edited by revial

I didn't read the rest of your thread because you ramble on about a lot of things, however from the beginning of your post, this in particular makes no sense at all...

What about people who have some points in one tree and some in another? How many points do you need in the Damage trees in order to qualify as that role? Is a Vanguard with 20 points in Damage able to fill that role? IMO in some cases yes, depending on the difficulty of the content and skill/gear of the player. Is an Operative with 20 points in the Healing tree able to fill that role? IMO in most cases definitely not, because they are missing an ability which is completely vital for that class in that role.

Is a fully heal-specced Sorcerer in augmented campaign gear good enough at doing DPS in order to do normal mode flashpoints? Come on, is anyone actually doubting this?

Also, when you say things like "should have been in the first draft", remember that you really have no idea what was in the first draft and what was not. You should realize that some things take longer to implement than others, and some things have a higher priority than others. E.g. actually having a group finder that works is more important than being able to choose to teleport back to your original location, so making the actual group-finding work correctly has higher priority.

It make sense especially in other MMO that do it very well.

Take Rift and WoW. Both have queuing system that dig through talent trees to check to what role you can queue.

Now speaking of things that should have been in the first draft: any player with some MMO experience can come up with these elements. They already exists in the competitor products that aren't even more expensive, so you need them. It's not rocket science here.

Level 10 seems like a good idea but what about your starting worlds heroics?

Would it be possible to lower the Group Finder to level 8 so we can use it? Yes we can ask in chat/bring our companions, but I do believe the Group Finder open at level 8 will help tremendously.

So, some of you may have seen my posts in the forums and might have been wondering, “Who is this person?” Well, here it is! My name is Antonia “Toni” Phillips; I’m an industry veteran who has been working on SWTOR for the last two years, most recently with the Group Finder team.

A solid Group Finder system is very important to us and we have been keeping a close eye on the forums and your feedback. We are evaluating all of the feedback from the PTS and I wanted to take a moment to respond to the most popular topics we’ve seen.

Thanks for all the responses and keep it coming!

Hi Toni - thanks for the update. I mentioned a few of the biggest things that players seem to want on the same page of your post, but I think the two biggest for me on that list would be to remove the upper level limit of the settings so that higher level characters can still do the lower level content as needed; and more selections available for planetary content.

BJ

Gear Score:

While we may never implement a “Gear Score” system, we understand the need to correctly match players with appropriate content. We also understand the need to match groups with a high chance for success. We are currently evaluating several ideas to improve this.

Why must you re-invent the wheel with this? Just use the same system as the other mmos and profit. The more time you waste coming up with solutions when the answer is staring you in the face the more people are going to get frustrated and leave thanks to the sub-par group finder experience.

Also in regards to Daily rewards, why not make them weekly awards? That way people that only get to play once or twice a week don't get shafted on progression.

I can imagine people will be abusing the teleport system as a form of fast travel. Imagine a DPS guardian queuing as a tank to get a quick teleport to Esseles(leaving the instance will teleport back to the fleet.)

I can imagine people will be abusing the teleport system as a form of fast travel. Imagine a DPS guardian queuing as a tank to get a quick teleport to Esseles(leaving the instance will teleport back to the fleet.)

There is a Fleet Shuttle on every planet, easy to get to. People are just too used to using the Fleet Pass Skill, also BW really needs to mark the Fleet Shuttles on all maps (including Quick Travel Maps), then no one would even get the idea to abuse the Group Finder for it. (unless you have the goal to get on as many ignore lists as possible)

Level 10 seems like a good idea but what about your starting worlds heroics?

Would it be possible to lower the Group Finder to level 8 so we can use it? Yes we can ask in chat/bring our companions, but I do believe the Group Finder open at level 8 will help tremendously.

Yes, starter world Heroics should be added to the groupfinder, also on every starter planet there is some kind of mini world boss, that only gets killed by the odd high lvl passing the area for later on class quests.

Esseles and Black Talon are special (diffrent), but I dont think they should unlock in the Group Finder before you are done with the starterplanet class quest (which should not before lvl10), but you should be able to flag your companions for it and be able to do it up to lvl15 or 16 (at lvl18 you stop getting xp on a Ess/BT run) Also there should be no lvl gap between the starter FP and Hammerstation or at any otehr point in the lvl spread for FPs on the group finder.