Recent actions against some customer accounts

StephenReid

I love how your encouraging Bioware to kick people off a sinking ship.

"But I want to explore.."

"BIOWARE! BAN HIIIIM"

I love how the only people that say stuff like "sinking ship" are the people who want to carbon copy everything WoW has into this game and take out everything that's different. In three months, you will be gone, so will everyone else that says this garbage, and we can get down to actually fixing what needs fixing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and we can get down to actually fixing what needs fixing.

So banning and suspending players instead of fixing the game is what you call "fixing what needs to be fixed"? I would rather see Stephen spend his time communicating the to the community in the numerous threads about the thousands of bugs, broken content, broken class story progression, and the other factors plaguing this game.

Edited by engrey

I love how the only people that say stuff like "sinking ship" are the people who want to carbon copy everything WoW has into this game and take out everything that's different. In three months, you will be gone, so will everyone else that says this garbage, and we can get down to actually fixing what needs fixing.

Do what I do, just add him to your ignore list and you do not have to read his comments. I have had him /ignored for ages and every time I see what he said quoted in somebody else's post I am always glad I did it.

no i think banning works better.

i don't want exploiters in the game; even supposedly 'reformed' ones.

So if I am level 50 on Ilum camping and farming those chests it is acceptable? If so, than those at BioWare are hypocrites, and while that is not against any rule or is illegal, it makes you look bad.

Oh trust me, I have no problem with people copying WoW, what I have a problem with is the fact that Bioware copied everything BAD about WoW without copying the sense of freedom.

I think I actually enjoyed DA2 more than I enjoyed SWTOR, which isn't saying much because DA2 made me want to smash my monitor

In terms of being played as a single player, SWTOR gets a 4/10. In terms of MMO it gets a 5/10

It went from bad to average when I tried to raid. Raiding an operation which took ONE NIGHT to clear by the way.

To if you want to play SWTOR you have a choice.

-Endless rerolls

-Sitting on Carrick Station all day erry' day

Pick one

so so many people in this thread are ABSOLUTELY BAD at reading comprehension, like most of the people on the first page.

slow down, take your ritalin, and re-read what SR wrote. please do this about 6 times so it will sink in.

I took that to mean that they were watching people camp these containers for days. They were also watching their data and more than likely these people who were excessively camping them were selling the credits. So when they watch people camp containers for days and then see those credits change hands over and over they warned them all and didn't even perma ban them. They only permabanned the bigger sellers, not the exploiters. They just got warning/suspensions.

I'd like to draw your attention to this part of the statement again:

The actions taken by these accounts - and again, this is a relatively low number - were not 'normal gameplay'. Everything you have listed above is what we'd consider 'normal gameplay'.

While we will not being going into further details of the accounts that were actioned against, suffice to say they were not conducting any activities similar to what you described.

Can you please clarify what is "normal gameplay" and which is not considered "normal gameplay" ?

Can a lv 50 character camp those chests? What is considered camping? Sitting there 3hours while crafting & chatting? What about 6hours? 12hours? Would it be different if he and another character (different account) take turns in taking the chests?

Also, currently there is a 50 auction limit per character. I'm considering creating more twinks (and level them to GTN access) for the sole purpose of having more than those 50 auctions available. Is this "normal gameplay"? Or would it get me (temp) banned?

Edited by Zocat

I've been in one area and basically farmed certain nodes on dead nights. It was due to doing actual stuff but I realized staying an extra 45 mins after I was done led to a lot more money/gear. They respawn VERY fast in this game, I don't know why since most zones feel dead 90% of the time anyway ha ha.

I stayed for several more spawns and only left after losing interest because the GTN is only a hassle (I'm a slicer, I make more on the mount doing rounds of planets, etc). You can see how people wanting to simply capitalize on it aren't really at fault here, heh. Fix the respawn timers or add level reqs or place tough *** mobs around it. You don't have to GIVE us loot containers so often, you de-stabilize the economy yourselves by doing that. Make big boxes of loot and money . . . rare???

Edited by Matteis

So if I am level 50 on Ilum camping and farming those chests it is acceptable? If so, than those at BioWare are hypocrites, and while that is not against any rule or is illegal, it makes you look bad.

is it really so hard to make creds legitimately?

why do you have to camp chests all day? and why do you need so many credits to begin with?

why do you have to camp chests all day? and why do you need so many credits to begin with?

Define 'legitimately'. Also, if that's what floats his/her boat should be his/her decision.

Does this mean you will be going after AFK warzone farmers soon? Please please pretty please with sugar on top?

you cant go afk in warzones cause it will teleport you out within like 15 sec

Edited by Misqual

So if players what to spend all day farming credits for their own use they can be warned or banned? That doesn't seem right and runs contrary to maintaining an open economy.

The problem isn't players just farming creds, it's the influx of MMO currency brokers that roll over anything and everyone and exploit every thing available to get in-game currency to turn over for real world cash. They're the bane of every modern MMO that has subscriber populations high enough to make it appealing to these low-lifes.

Unfortunately, there's scant little to done about the powerleveling services and advanced toon resellers but these types don't bother me half as much as getting run over trying to harvest something by some bot or some idiot in China working a shift to rip off our resources to sell right back to us.

I for one, applaud the swift and heavy hand applied to gold farmers. Make this an unfriendly environment for them from the start and we'll all be much happier. :)

The actions taken by these accounts - and again, this is a relatively low number - were not 'normal gameplay'. Everything you have listed above is what we'd consider 'normal gameplay'.

I get it if there's some exploit you don't want to reveal so everyone abuses it, but at least say "they exploited". By saying they got suspended for not playing "normally" you're basically saying anyone can be banned if you just don't like what they're doing. There's plenty of stuff I've done in the game that I wouldn't consider "normal gameplay", how am I supposed to know if it's on the right or wrong side ?

I don't do it, just saying if I did at level 50 would it change anything? Credits are stupid easy to get in this game just from selling trash and selling orange gear on the AH.

Can you please clarify what is "normal gameplay" and which is not considered "normal gameplay" ?

Can a lv 50 character camp those chests? What is considered camping? Sitting there 3hours while crafting & chatting? What about 6hours? 12hours? Would it be different if he and another character (different account) take turns in taking the chests?

Also, currently there is a 50 auction limit per character. I'm considering creating more twinks (and level them to GTN access) for the sole purpose of having more than those 50 auctions available. Is this "normal gameplay"? Or would it get me (temp) banned?

I believe under the terms that have been stated that would get you temp banned. I would love if someone answered my question about whether or not sending credits to another character so that he can slice would get me temp banned. If that other character is the same level as me.

so so many people in this thread are ABSOLUTELY BAD at reading comprehension, like most of the people on the first page.

slow down, take your ritalin, and re-read what SR wrote. please do this about 6 times so it will sink in.

They do not want to comprehend.

They got caught exploiting and are now defending themself on this forum...

That's all.

Edited by IPaq

I believe under the terms that have been stated that would get you temp banned. I would love if someone answered my question about whether or not sending credits to another character so that he can slice would get me temp banned. If that other character is the same level as me.

It may cause a red flag and BioWare can look at your account. If it is a character on the same account and all you are doing is just giving it to that character for crafting/gathering, that should not be an issue.

BioWare can track who does what and with their metrics, can see any "unusual" activity.

You will not ever be able to control the economy in an MMO. It is a living thing and banning people for making too much money is only going to alienate some of your player base. Planned economies don't work in real life and they don't work in MMOs.

Protip: The company that runs the game always has total control over their game's economy. The only reason someone would be silly enough to call an MMO economy a 'living thing' is because most MMO publishers don't like to roll back huge economic imbalances for fear of pissing off the legit players - NOT because they can't control it. They choose not to discomfort legit players and instead try to fix the exploits for easy currency and ban those exploiting it or running full on gold-farms.

Sounds like EA/Bioware is off to a great start controlling SWTOR's blossoming economy by chasing off those that would damage it from the start.

hmm, what about taking all the chests in outlaw's den and then being able to switch instances and take them all again?

"open world pvp? nah i'm switching instance for more free chests mate!"

Is this 'normal' behaviour? can we have some clarity on what 'normal' playing is?

Also can you fix some actual client related problems please? this would help players a lot more :rolleyes: