Stop logging me out while browsing the GTN!

keitzy

Nothing more annoying than going to buy something or just browsing and because of the long times sometimes while browsing your game see's me as afk even though I am using my mouse and logs me out.!

If I can wake my computer from the screensaver by using my mouse why can't your game see I am using my mouse and not log me out?

Completely agree with this.

Especially frustrating since once it takes me back to the character page (due to inactivity) it won't ever load if I click on a character, just sits there with the loading icon forever spinning.

I have to actually quit the game and then reload the launcher to get it to play again.

Very annoying.

Yup.. This is most annoying.. I would they would change the system to detect activity so that browsing the GTN is seen as being active.. Either that or give our characters an idle animation that would catch our attention and let us know that we are AFK.. Then make our character go spastic or something when we are about to be logged out..

I like the idea of having it as browsing the GTN shows us as being active.. :)

ai don't use the vendors or GTN very often, so when I do, I am there for a while. It is a pain to have to remember to move a fraction of an inch so I don't get logged out. And I always get logged out when I am in the middle of something that I am really concentrating on. :mad:

• 8 months later...
This is crazy annoying. It is so frustrating. Once, this happened to me, I was browsing around and was about to buy a color module that I've been wanting, and found at a real good price. Just as I was about to purchase it, I got logged out. I logged back in, and you know how freakin' forever it takes to log in, when I got the GTN opened and browsed again for the dye module. It was gone. Someone else got the great deal. Usually, though, it logs me out while I'm putting stuff up for sale. That's not as frustrating as losing out on a great deal, but it's still annoying.

This is #1 on the list of

Ridiculous Bugs That Have Gone Unfixed For A Very Long Time

A bug? I don't think so. It's annoying and it should be changed but I believe it's working as the devs intended.

I don't mind having to make my character move a step every X amount of minutes to stay logged in. I just wish the game would give us a better on screen warning before logging us out. All we get now is a message in chat. That's not the most effective method.

Edited by JediRelentless