Revisiting An in-depth look at: Plo Koon

Aurbere

Since my previous in-depth thread on Plo Koon was a purely historical analysis, I decided to make a thread to analyze his powers and abilities.

Plo Koon was a student of legendary Jedi Master Tyvokka. He was a master Form V, Shien/Djem So, focused on offense and dominating combat. His absolute mastery of Form V, both martially and philosophically, was the product of centuries of combat training. This is most visible in Plo Koon’s duel with Asajj Ventress on Khorm. Though Ventress was the faster of the two and he was suffering from a broken left arm, Plo Koon completely outclassed her as a swordsman and eventually disarmed her of one of her lightsabers after a prolonged lightsaber duel. By this point in the Clone Wars Ventress was capable of defeating Jedi High Council members, and even multiple Jedi Masters simultaneously in lightsaber combat, proving that Plo Koon was clearly a superior duelist to most of the Jedi Order’s Jedi Masters.

His duel against Savage Opress is also an excellent indicator of Koon’s skill. Though he lost, it is indicated that Plo Koon was more than capable of holding his own, and possibly even being superior to Opress. Throughout the duel, Plo Koon was capable of staggering Savage through strength, weather the brute’s strikes, and also outmaneuver him. Opress was more than capable of simply breaking down his opponents with powerful strikes, something he did to Count Dooku and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Plo Koon was also a very powerful Jedi Master. He was a master of telekinesis, capable of lifting heavy objects or collapsing caves with ease. He was more than capable of using Force based attacks in lightsaber combat, as he showed in his duel with Asajj Ventress. Twice he ripped through her Force Barriers to telekinetically thrash her and disarm her. By this point in the Clone Wars Ventress was capable of using powerful esoteric techniques and even Force Crush, yet Plo Koon’s ability to easily breach her Force Barriers multiple times shows that he completely outclassed her as a Force user.

Koon was also capable of forming powerful Force Shields to defend himself from attack, and manipulating his environment at will. He was a proponent of Force lightning, a technique he developed for combat and eventually mastered.

Plo Koon was also a student of the Baran Do Sages and was instructed in the ayna-seff, or dead brain, technique of the hassat-dur family of Baran Do techniques.

Though his abilities are not widely explored, he has clearly shown that he was one of the greatest Jedi Masters of his era.

Sources: The Force Unleashed, The Jedi Path, Star Wars: Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars: Republic Chapter 1, Star Wars: The Cestus Deception, Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Volume 2: In Service to the Republic, Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Sith Hunters, Star Wars: Outcast

Edited by Aurbere

Did not see this, the fact that it was posted on Christmas Eve tells me why. :D

Did not know that Koon could break through Ventress' shields, interesting... I suppose aside from Yoda and perhaps Windu PT Jedi never really get recognition for their Force Abilities because they were always so reserved.

Also I don't know if your still subbed but part two of my fanfic is up. I demand you read it twice for all the pestering. :jawa_wink:

EDIT: This remind me I need to add another installment to the in-depth look at combat! I might do Koon sometime.

Edited by Beniboybling

Did not see this, the fact that it was posted on Christmas Eve tells me why. :D

Did not know that Koon could break through Ventress' shields, interesting... I suppose aside from Yoda and perhaps Windu PT Jedi never really get recognition for their Force Abilities because they were always so reserved.

Also I don't know if your still subbed but part two of my fanfic is up. I demand you read it twice for all the pestering. :jawa_wink:

EDIT: This remind me I need to add another installment to the in-depth look at combat! I might do Koon sometime.

Yup, he broke through her Force Barriers twice. The first was a Force Push, the second to disarm her of an explosives detonator.

And I shall read your fan-fic immediately.