View Single Post

AdreanKael
04.24.2019 , 02:52 PM | #1
I've noticed when running MMs that if I don't use threat mitigation abilities tanks lose aggro very quickly to me. I have yet to run across a tank who does not lost aggro to me at least a few times during a boss fight even with threat mitigation. So I got curious and looked up the guides for tanking and immediately I noticed an issue.

Tanks seem to be forced to use force taunts in their rotation. Why? Should those skills not be reserved for moments where things go wrong or for tank swaps? Every guide I've seen says to use force taunts in tank rotation. This is the only MMO I've ever played where tanks have to use force taunts to maintain threat.

It seems to me that, when I que for MMs, it's almost always tanks who are needed. I'm curious if this is because no one wants to play the role because they have issues like this? How long has this been an issue for tanks? Honestly I thought all tanks just sucked but if it's really a design flaw in the role then maybe EA, Bioware should do something about it.