Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

The end-all behind the decision (I believe) is nothing more than not having to maintain a server in Sydney, and give their execs a May Day bonus (or whatever) with the resultant savings. End of story.

While I signed the petition, I know it's not going to do any good. I'm prepared for (and resigned to) the move to NA - I think that at this juncture, it's the only logical course of action left. :(

Yes, this.

But a tentative target date for transfers would be appreciated at this point. Been awhile since the last yellow post. :(

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine it went something like this.

(Eric calls I.T. before Makeb)

Eric: So guys, I am now on the PR job, and the bosses still want to close the APAC servers. Are we going to have the transfer system up after Makeb so I can tell the APAC community that this is happening soon rather than leave them still in the dark like Joveth did?

I.T.: Sure, it's nearly ready.

(Eric calls I.T. after Makeb)

Eric: So guys now that Makeb is out, how soon will we have that transfer system up?

I.T.: It'll be ready soon. We figure by the end of the year.

Eric: ....

Edited by odonoghuet

Some thing I have asked already week's ago still not answered:

What happens if we have more characters then slots after the merge?

New questions: (asked by others as well)

What happens to our legacy levels

What happens if we already have a legacy on merge server but want to keep one from current server.

How will forced name change be sorted to be fair, ie F2p people or those that are no longer active, but may have had theirs first.

What happens to guild names as above.

New questions.

You forgot:

If we get a free transfer before the closure mergers, will these be direct to West coast servers or just between APAC servers.

If the former (APAC to West coast), do all characters go to one place or can I make new toons now to 'seed' my legacy level over multiple servers, and is there an order in which we transfer which could influence who gets name rights on the destination server.

If the latter (APAC to APAC to West Coast) are we getting two times name screwed by taking advantage of this offer?

Still being ignored I see, all the valid questions through many pages and nothing...

They've given us all the information that they have decided to. When the time comes, they will tell us what we need to know. Last time servers merged, it went pretty smoothly and entire guilds were moved. I don't like this, but it is what it is. They have decided. It appears that they are not in any hurry. I, for one, am in no hurry to change servers either, so how things are suits me just fine. Getting excited over it changes nothing, so I choose not to. I gave them my opinion. I'm sure it matters not, in the grand scheme of things. I'm just resolved to wait and see, since I have no alternative.

Have they actually confirmed they will 100% be doing server merg? I see all kinds of people presuming this is going to happen. Sure I think its the best option cause things are rather slow in game for us alot of the time, however unless I am missing a yellow post, I believe there have only been two primary posts from -eric? from what I'm reading I don't think they have said 100% this merg is happening?

The reason why I say this is based on what I am reading from yellow posts from -eric .

Part of first yellow post from -eric:

"With this in mind, we have evaluated all of the options and determined that the best solution, that will offer the best long term play experience, is to merge the APAC servers with higher populated North American servers."

And again in the next yellow post -eric acknowledges merging is the best option:

"It was because of this that we decided that moving APAC into the NA servers was the best option."

However, in this same yellow post note -eric also states:

"If we move APAC to NA some folks will see increased latency"

So in summary my interpretation is: "Yes we think merging the APAC servers with the US in our mind is the best thing to do, however we are not quite 100% sure yet if this will be happening." Agree?

The thing that concerns me the most about this is by not giving a 100% indication that this could draw this process out even longer.

Still being ignored I see, all the valid questions through many pages and nothing...

Did you expect anything else? What I want them to address, is why they can't open transfers to Dalborra first as a trial of a Superserver. Then make a decision on whether to keep it or not.

Did you expect anything else? What I want them to address, is why they can't open transfers to Dalborra first as a trial of a Superserver. Then make a decision on whether to keep it or not.

yes I asked that myself

Some thing I have asked already week's ago still not answered:

What happens if we have more characters then slots after the merge?

New questions: (asked by others as well)

What happens to our legacy levels

What happens if we already have a legacy on merge server but want to keep one from current server.

How will forced name change be sorted to be fair, ie F2p people or those that are no longer active, but may have had theirs first.

What happens to guild names as above.

These were all asked and answered during the two rounds of server mergers. I believe the FAQ for such is still on the site (or searchable in the forums). I would imagine the answers to be the same as there would be nothing that would change them.

This one made me laugh. They can barely address the lag the US players are getting on US servers.

Exactly. They claim this will give us a better play experience but all we will get is lag and annoying Americans! If you have played on the harbinger you will know what I'm talking about.