New to SWTOR Roleplaying

Ajamale

G'day folks! I have Roleplayed in Games before, namely WoW and LOTRO, and I seek to do the same in SWTOR, though I'm a bit pensive about doing so. It'll be my first time Roleplaying in a non-fantasy environment, and, quite frankly, I know nothing about the Lore other than the Films, which I watched a long time ago.

I've got a Jedi Knight that I plan to be my first Roleplay character, so I'd be hugely appreciative if someone could direct me to some sources for Lore that I'd need.

Hello there!

http://starwars.wikia.com is a great resource full of all sorts of Star Wars Lore and Knowledge.

It even breaks most entries down by era, which is helpful when you're looking at, say, the old Republic Era.

http://www.swtor-rp.com is another great resource for RPers, with lots of discussion, and forums for each RP server.

RPing in SWTOR is really the same as RPing in WoW/LOTRO, just with the details a little different. So good luck, and I hope this helped!

Hey there, I'm very much in the same boat that you are and although I can't offer up any lore information if you happen to play on Lord Adrass I'd love to RP with you sometime, us newbies have to stick together eh? :) I have a Jedi Knight named Yewin and a Trooper named Levisium, feel free to send me a message anytime.

Lord Adraas is an American server (EST) :). Im also on Lord Adraas so if ya want help or something just shout :cool:.

I think he meant he's English in that he's from England... :p

If I were you, I'd just roll an alt on the EU RP servers and check them out, ask for what channels they use to facilitate RP and so on. You never know how deep the pool is until you dive in. (Just hope it isn't the kiddie end. ;) )

I think he meant he's English in that he's from England... :p

If I were you, I'd just roll an alt on the EU RP servers and check them out, ask for what channels they use to facilitate RP and so on. You never know how deep the pool is until you dive in. (Just hope it isn't the kiddie end. ;) )

Craaap you're right, sorry was still waking up when I read that :p, basically what he said.