SOA (EV) - "Wipe" Failsafe?

So, I've heard a few other people have had the problem, but Soa..

Has anyone thought "How do you get back down if you kill Soa and wipe?" or get stuck in combat, cannot res and have to /stuck (which insta kills you) and teleports you out?

Clearly - Bioware haven't.

After a lengthy 4 hour discussion with a Customer Support Agent and another day of no responses from Customer Support, we have still been unable to claim our loot from a boss which we killed and was unable to loot.

We have been fobbed off and for what? A Silly bug that keeps you in combat after he dies, bugs people in mind traps and then no way to get down to the final stage of the boss encounter?

All I can say is Bio ware really don't seem to have thought much through, not even a slow fall buff or a speeder to take you back down there.

Customer support is a joke, and the spelling is terrible - he had a hard time understanding us, and at one point the "GM" or Customer Support even said he would TANK Soa for us, little did he realise despite us telling him we had killed him that he would not re-spawn till next week.

After being told to remake a ticket which would be put up to the top priority (Clearly their top priority is sitting around twiddling their thumbs or dealing with multiple tickets over how someone is called Darthmául) because we have still not had ANY response.

All Im wondering is has anyone else had this problem with Soa? Or has anyone found a way to safely get down there without falling to your deaths.

So, I've heard a few other people have had the problem, but Soa..

Has anyone thought "How do you get back down if you kill Soa and wipe?" or get stuck in combat, cannot res and have to /stuck (which insta kills you) and teleports you out?

Clearly - Bioware haven't.

After a lengthy 4 hour discussion with a Customer Support Agent and another day of no responses from Customer Support, we have still been unable to claim our loot from a boss which we killed and was unable to loot.

We have been fobbed off and for what? A Silly bug that keeps you in combat after he dies, bugs people in mind traps and then no way to get down to the final stage of the boss encounter?

All I can say is Bio ware really don't seem to have thought much through, not even a slow fall buff or a speeder to take you back down there.

Customer support is a joke, and the spelling is terrible - he had a hard time understanding us, and at one point the "GM" or Customer Support even said he would TANK Soa for us, little did he realise despite us telling him we had killed him that he would not re-spawn till next week.

After being told to remake a ticket which would be put up to the top priority (Clearly their top priority is sitting around twiddling their thumbs or dealing with multiple tickets over how someone is called Darthmául) because we have still not had ANY response.

All Im wondering is has anyone else had this problem with Soa? Or has anyone found a way to safely get down there without falling to your deaths.

so you're saying its impossible because everyone was inside a mindtrap? You're missing something.. there is a reason the enounter isn't "failed" while you're still alive.. inside a mindtrap or not.

No, I am not saying its impossible. The people in mind traps were freed but did not res properly, they were "on the map" but could not see anyone, nor could anyone who was alive see them.

There is also a invisible enemy called "Mind Trap" inside the mind trap, which can cause people to be stuck in combat, even when they are kicked out. This brought everyone who was left down by the boss into combat, thus we could not res anyone.

After everyone had "died" or /stuck the corpse is down the bottom of the chamber, after you've run down ect ect, and there is nothing to get down there again. You jump - you die.

Thus, we could not loot - the GM's couldn't do anything let alone even spell correctly, or even teleport us back down to the corpse before it de-spawned.

No, I am not saying its impossible. The people in mind traps were freed but did not res properly, they were "on the map" but could not see anyone, nor could anyone who was alive see them.

There is also a invisible enemy called "Mind Trap" inside the mind trap, which can cause people to be stuck in combat, even when they are kicked out. This brought everyone who was left down by the boss into combat, thus we could not res anyone.

After everyone had "died" or /stuck the corpse is down the bottom of the chamber, after you've run down ect ect, and there is nothing to get down there again. You jump - you die.

Thus, we could not loot - the GM's couldn't do anything let alone even spell correctly, or even teleport us back down to the corpse before it de-spawned.

re-read what you just said, and think it over for your next encounter.

Same thing happened to my group on Saber of Exar Kun. It really is complete ******** this can happen. Let me give you a run through of it. Here's a list of everything that went wrong due to bugs.

1. We realize we are still in combat after the kill

2. One person is trapped in a mind trap

3. One person is dead in mid air from getting thrown and the body is missing (me)

4. People keep randomly getting one shot out of thin air.

5. After trying to figure out how to get people back or rez, it was impossible and every one was eventually killed randomly

As well as the weekly rarely completing for the full 8 man.

This is completely unacceptable Bioware.

Edited by sexysolo

We had the benefit of two jedi sages in the group. We had them both jump off the ledge at the same time, and one of them force pulled the other. Only one will survive.

But this was such an oversight on the part of the developers that I pretty much view end game as a joke at this point. If Bioware wants to retain a customer for any length of period past the free month, they need to ensure that they need to perform SOME amount of What-If? scenarios.

For example, what if an operations group needs to proceed down a long shaft during a boss fight, and end up killing the boss but wiping themselves? How do they get DOWN?

In the end we ran into the same scenario as the OP, and the boss' body disappeared in the time it took us to figure out how to get down on our own.

We had the benefit of two jedi sages in the group. We had them both jump off the ledge at the same time, and one of them force pulled the other. Only one will survive.

We tried that with two sorcs - didn't work. The best we had was someone would bug and get stuck "off map" again, and have to exit area to become unstuck. We tried Intercede, using the walls (which have invisible walls) and everything else we could think of including Saber ward (Was doubtful that it would work but was worth a shot at this point)

Not being helpful, troll else where.

well I can't speak for the up in the air bug etc..etc..

and maybe you're annoyed but I'm not going to spoil it for you, when you do realize what I'm talking about you'll remember this post

good luck next time you go in.

well I can't speak for the up in the air bug etc..etc..

and maybe you're annoyed but I'm not going to spoil it for you, when you do realize what I'm talking about you'll remember this post

good luck next time you go in.

The only thing we could do, which I've already pointed out is a) not wipe b) hope that a sorc doesn't get mind trapped before he dies c) not attack the "invisible" mind trap with an insane amount of health. (I haven't read anywhere that this would be the problem but we presumed after that it could be a contributing factor)

Apart from that there is NOTHING we could really do. You can loot the corpse and unless the ML there or if its on round robin, the others are there then people would get gimped out of loot. I've read what I've put, I've read what others have put.

But honestly - with what ever your going on about, they need a way to get back down there - Regardless of "What we did wrong" or what ever your trying to be "helpful" with and point out.

Edited by Mysquine

The whole operation is so horribly buggy, I don't even know how it is live right now.

We had the final boss just vanish while fighting, leaving us all at the bottom of the pit, stuck in combat.

it is a common occurence to die after exiting the speeder that brings you to the jungle.

after wiping on Gharj the instance would not let us enter due to "an encounter already taking place" and we were forced to reset it, meaning we had to fight trash all over again.

numerous loot bugs (not to mention the abysmal system they have in place, that ended up giving tank gear to dps, and vice versa), which required swapping leadership to the player trying to loot.

And in the bonethrasher raid (Karagga's Palace) the boss suddenly vanished and came back to attack us with full health.

The whole operation is so horribly buggy, I don't even know how it is live right now.

We had the final boss just vanish while fighting, leaving us all at the bottom of the pit, stuck in combat.

it is a common occurence to die after exiting the speeder that brings you to the jungle.

after wiping on Gharj the instance would not let us enter due to "an encounter already taking place" and we were forced to reset it, meaning we had to fight trash all over again.

numerous loot bugs (not to mention the abysmal system they have in place, that ended up giving tank gear to dps, and vice versa), which required swapping leadership to the player trying to loot.

And in the bonethrasher raid (Karagga's Palace) the boss suddenly vanished and came back to attack us with full health.

Yeah I got a sorcerer helm assigned to me (I'm a Sin TANK) yesterday when we had a sorc healer who could have very much used it.

There are alot of bugs sadly, however they seemed to have at least fixed a few in patch 1.1, however the customer support in game is terrible. If you do have a problem it just seems to be passed on to someone else, and it would seem they are an external company - when I asked for their contact details I was told it was confidential and I had to wait for a response via in game tickets. (Which have been deleted)

Quite pissed myself. We killed Soa with only one dps left alive... He was stuck in combat with no way to leave it and thus couldn't ress anybody. For some, the instance even bugged out as they couldn't see the body of soa anymore. For others, there simply was no way to reach the body to loot it. Ticketed... The fun thing is, We'll probably get the drops we need from hard modes anyway before we get an answer from Support. Edited by GeckoOBac

Quite pissed myself. We killed Soa with only one dps left alive... He was stuck in combat with no way to leave it and thus couldn't ress anybody. For some, the instance even bugged out as they couldn't see the body of soa anymore. For others, there simply was no way to reach the body to loot it. Ticketed... The fun thing is, We'll probably get the drops we need from hard modes anyway before we get an answer from Support.

That's if they even bother giving you the items. The chest from the council bugged for us, and the only reply we got was that it was being fixed in the new patch, and sorry for the inconvenience. Two people lost out on their boots, and myself and another lost out on relics.

The customer support is useless and can't do ****.

Soa is not a hard fight, but it bugs out.

It very obviously looks like you're meant to fight a dude inside the mind trap, ala Yogg Saron, in order to get out (look at nightmare mode with mind traps having 200k hp which makes breaking them out impossible, not even in 16 man you have that kind of dps plus the enrage timer), but instead you can have people one after the other get stuck in.

However the worst part is not that, it's the bugs. being in a mind trap puts you in a different phase, unable to see others or interact with them, and ineligible for loot if the boss dies while you're locked in. Additionally, there's a bug that keeps you in combat, meaning you're unable to res people, and no easy way to get down without jumping to your death and being ressed to be in the same phase.

There's also a fun bug where the boss despawns around 5%, randomly. There's a fun bug where the enrage timer just vanishes. There's a fun bug where he will do his toss...but the player animation doesn't fire, and you just stand there in the same place immobile, forever, and the only way you can fix it is by dying via /stuck. However if you fall down, the game goes "invalid target" on your res window and soon kicks you from the instance saying you're not allowed to be there. Or the hilarious bug where he throws you like normal, but your character just stands at attention not reacting to being thrown.

Or the bug where he gets hit by a pyramid...and doesn't drop his shield.

There is a great fix for this, leave your people dead and have the people in mind traps exit the area.

Most will have to fall to their death again.

However, have your sorcerer/Sage use their grab on someone as you fall. Have them jump at the same time and when the other player gets close to the ground have them use their ability on them. The sage/sorc will die but the other person will survive and they can rez a healer and you can then rez the rest of the raid. This is what we do every week.

A pain, but it's a work around.

To the people who aren't getting loot, no one should be looting until everyone is alive again. That's pretty much a common raid rule, if you do that, no one will miss out on loot.

Edited by Parkerdude

The customer support is useless and can't do ****.

Soa is not a hard fight, but it bugs out.

It very obviously looks like you're meant to fight a dude inside the mind trap, ala Yogg Saron, in order to get out (look at nightmare mode with mind traps having 200k hp which makes breaking them out impossible, not even in 16 man you have that kind of dps plus the enrage timer), but instead you can have people one after the other get stuck in.

However the worst part is not that, it's the bugs. being in a mind trap puts you in a different phase, unable to see others or interact with them, and ineligible for loot if the boss dies while you're locked in. Additionally, there's a bug that keeps you in combat, meaning you're unable to res people, and no easy way to get down without jumping to your death and being ressed to be in the same phase.

There's also a fun bug where the boss despawns around 5%, randomly. There's a fun bug where the enrage timer just vanishes. There's a fun bug where he will do his toss...but the player animation doesn't fire, and you just stand there in the same place immobile, forever, and the only way you can fix it is by dying via /stuck. However if you fall down, the game goes "invalid target" on your res window and soon kicks you from the instance saying you're not allowed to be there. Or the hilarious bug where he throws you like normal, but your character just stands at attention not reacting to being thrown.

Or the bug where he gets hit by a pyramid...and doesn't drop his shield.

You are very wrong, the nightmare mind traps was a bug, they weren't supposed to have that much health.

The dps is supposed to break the mind traps, the mob inside is just to give the person inside something to do.