Pyro PT/Smash Jug/Mara

ellrochell

The PROBLEM with Pyro/Assault Powertech/Vanguard is that the other 2 trees are not as good or as viable. Yes the middle tree Tactics has some utility and since the last update, has been much more viable...however it still doesn't compare to the results assault offers.

People who play competitively will play the build that gives the most bang for the buck. And Ion Cell and High Energy Cell for Tank or Middle-Tree Tactics can't compare to assault.

They need to give High-Energy-Cell more of a buff (to the actual cell itself) to be more worthwhile and they need to add more useful tankiness to the tank tree and/or more group support.

....until then, people will continue to roll with the 2-button winner of Assault.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smash is being nerfed into the ground in 1.7.

-Shockwave now gives 11% bonus per point (up to 3 stack) to smash damage, down from 25%.

-Rage cost of smash per shockwave now reduced by 12%, down from 25%.

-Smash no longer builds Fury when used.

-This part is a little odd, but from what I understand, having 3 (full) stack of Shockwave grants 1 rage per second while it is active.

-Not sure on this, but I think Berserk use no longer grants any Rage, only 3 stack.

-Shockwave max number of charges now 3, down from 4.

-New crappy defensive ability in rage tree with passive damage reduction that doesn't help much.

So, GG smash, may you rest in piece. Get ready for all the carnage marauders and pyro PTs again.

Edited by Aluvi

Smash is being nerfed into the ground in 1.7.

-Shockwave now gives 11% bonus per point (up to 3 stack) to smash damage, down from 25%.

-Rage cost of smash per shockwave now reduced by 12%, down from 25%.

-Smash no longer builds Fury when used.

-This part is a little odd, but from what I understand, having 3 (full) stack of Shockwave grants 1 rage per second while it is active.

-Not sure on this, but I think Berserk use no longer grants any Rage, only 3 stack.

-Shockwave max number of charges now 3, down from 4.

-New crappy defensive ability in rage tree with passive damage reduction that doesn't help much.

Please....

This is why they deleted the thread. Because people like you get all mad and spread rumours about how the spec is dead, etc.

A lot of the data is unclear and incomplete. Also the data is by far NOT FINAL. It's not even clear how THIS unfinal and doubtful version is gonna affect the viability of the spec, because no one has played it yet. It's not even announced to be released on the PTS...

Edited by DynamiCtagez

A Pyros Defense is to burst the enemy down faster than ANY other class in the game. On our server we have a rule for Rated PvP to prevent teams from PT-Stacking.

It's even easier to play than a smasher and requires no positioning at all: One guy flamebursting, the rest can shoot a railshot from any range which makes it super easy to time those (because it requires basically no time to set up, unlike a smasher who has to build stacks and needs to get in melee range first) and it's almost impossible to react to and switch guard fast enough. In Rated PvP PTs are BY FAR the strongest damage dealing class. Two PTs is an absolute MUST, more than two on the other hand is retardedly easy because they are the best class when it comes down to focus a single target and kill it as fast as possible.

Yes, smashers HAVE to be toned down, but PTs DEFINITELY need to be looked at as well. I play both classes btw.

^this

I understand PT's are squishy(have an assault/van) but they do have some utility(taunts(30m aoe), stuns, pull) and do stupid damage. Just because they have no "escape"(but some utility) doesn't justify such a large damage increase over other dps characters. My guild's PT's will easily outdamage anyone else(sometimes 100k more), with the exception of sniper on certain maps..... carnage mara's do not come close unless the other team has no idea how to stun/cc/kb during gore......

I don't understand why people still look at Damage/Healing numbers at the end of warzones.

I find they are the 2 worst stats to make an opinion on how good or bad a class/player is.

Here are the 2 things I am looking at :

1) Can the class win a 1v1 (on same level + equally geared player)

Anyone who says that a PT can't win a 1v1 is flat out lying, and anyone who says that the PT will loose most of the time to most of the classes (and specs) are also lying. From my small experience playing a Vanguard, I think they are in a right spot for 1v1. It ain't the case of Mercs, who really have a hard time in 1v1.

2) Can the class contribute to a team effort (read - can it help capping/defending nodes, win games)

If using you stuns and taunts and range correctly, you can definitely be an asset in a group. Examples of overpowered classes in a team effort would be Smash Juggs and Maras or Bubble-stun Sorcs. Those with little skill needed, do WAY more than they should for their team, while not being OP in 1v1.

The rest is L2P, Rock-Paper-Scissor and people just trolling the forums.

All I hear is

1. "Powertechs are squishy". Not sure what sages are then. Lettuce?

2. "Powertechs have no mobility". True cause all their abilities are either channeled or cast contrary to mercs, snipers, tk sages who have everything instant. What's the rail shot range again and its cast time?

3. "Vanguards don't have good dps". Sure, a vanguard showed how he can pull off nearly 500k damage in no more than 9 mins of voidstar with basic attack and clicking two abilities. Second damage spot was just under 300k. No damage at all. Keep on comparing vanguards damage which I repeat requires two buttons to that of smashers and we shall have a well balanced game. Now in the absence of "good" smashers if you fail to be on the high end of damage then this is a l2p a two button class.

4. "Damage means nothing". Sure vanguards high damage numbers are achieved from 3064 secs dots of 4000 hp over 8 players and not high burst hits.

5. "Heavy armor means nothing". Strangely enough my normal attack, let's say tk throw, does on average critical hits 1.3k per tick on light armors and about 800 on heavy ones, basically nearly cuts it by half. Not helpful at all.

ROOF.

Edited by MusicRider

Well, to all that say "Nerf VGs" any nerfs that they would introduce to the VG they would, more than likely, nerf it on commandos as well.

Don't believe me?

Cryo Grenade.

Nuff said.

this is why i am reluctant as far as nerfing powertech goes.

and what exactly do you nerf? you could remove the 100% CGC proc chance on flame burst, which adds a teensy bit more complexity to the rotation. but there is not a lot of wiggle room that is exclusive to powertech that can be changed

Anyway my view is that by toning down their burst, giving one additional small defensive cooldown and reducing the range of their basic attack to 10m and they will probably be much closer to balanced.

Reducing burst in exchange for another defensive cooldown? That's possible. Getting an escape tool would be better, though.

Reduce range of Hammer Shot to 10m? Not without giving them a proper gap closer on a decent cool down.

Let's say we reduce the damage on Rail Shot by 20%. 5k crits (which are the highest RS crits I've seen) become 4k crits. Let's say we also put Thermal Detonator and Explosive Dart back on a shared cooldown. 2k crit and 4k crit becomes a single 4k crit.

So now, the typical 'burst-down-a-healer' combo becomes: Hammer Shot to close distance > TD > FB > RS > SS > RS. If all those attacks crit, it'd come to around 17k damage. Most likely it would be around 13k.

In return, I expect to get Force Camo.

I'm not sure. Look at consulars and their advanced classes on how there can be created two completely different subclasses from a base one. At least they got that nicely done.

Sure, but BW dropped the ball when it came to pyro range nerf. Incendiary Missile, Thermal Detonator and Cryo Grenade for mercs got hit with the range nerf as well, which makes absolutely no sense.

Sure, but BW dropped the ball when it came to pyro range nerf. Incendiary Missile, Thermal Detonator and Cryo Grenade for mercs got hit with the range nerf as well, which makes absolutely no sense.

u shouldnt see it as a nerf... ur not a ranged class..

look at it more like ur a melee class with better range than other melee classes

please.. with a passively applied slow... two stuns and a grapple u shouldnt be complaining

geared pt's hit my sorc like im not even wearing armor... its faceroll

typically what i see :

flame burst 3k-> Ex Dart 3k->thermal detonator 5k-> rail shot 5k->rocket punch 3k-> rail shot 5k

its a rotation that takes about 7 seconds and does fatal dmg.. its un interruptable/all instant and for most classes un cleansible

ur class is faceroll, YOU ARE NOT talented or skilled

u do too much dmg too easily and ur just as bad as skillsmash

the end

Edited by wwkingms

u shouldnt see it as a nerf... ur not a ranged class..

look at it more like ur a melee class with better range than other melee classes

please.. with a passively applied slow... two stuns and a grapple u shouldnt be complaining

geared pt's hit my sorc like im not even wearing armor... its faceroll

typically what i see :

flame burst 3k-> Ex Dart 3k->thermal detonator 5k-> rail shot 5k->rocket punch 3k-> rail shot 5k

its a rotation that takes about 7 seconds and does fatal dmg.. its un interruptable/all instant and for most classes un cleansible

ur class is faceroll, YOU ARE NOT talented or skilled

u do too much dmg too easily and ur just as bad as skillsmash

the end

Let me just quote myself and add some emphasis, so you'll understand my point.

Also, I like how your attack rotation were all critical hits. I'd like to know how you did that.

Let me just quote myself and add some emphasis, so you'll understand my point.

Also, I like how your attack rotation were all critical hits. I'd like to know how you did that.

it implies my point better

realistically though rail shot will always hit hard crit or not with the armor pen, Pt's get a crit buff to flame affects, in addition they have the explosive fuel which gives them well over 50% chance to crit

so basically when they feel like it a pt can fking roflstomp any target they want with their cd's

theres no way around it, the class is faceroll..

pyrotech for MErcs is more down to earth and is where PT's should be checked too

and if they took my ranged stun from my light armor wearing weak dps sorc.. then idc about ur range boo hoo

it implies my point better

realistically though rail shot will always hit hard crit or not with the armor pen, Pt's get a crit buff to flame affects, in addition they have the explosive fuel which gives them well over 50% chance to crit

so basically when they feel like it a pt can fking roflstomp any target they want with their cd's

theres no way around it, the class is faceroll..

pyrotech for MErcs is more down to earth and is where PT's should be checked too

and if they took my ranged stun from my light armor wearing weak dps sorc.. then idc about ur range boo hoo

I don't care about the PT range nerf either. It makes no difference to me.

The range nerf on the merc is a bit harsh, and shouldn't have happened. No long ranged stun is fine, but having several important attacks brought down to close range when the AC is an entirely long-range class makes no sense.

It's like asking a sorc or a sniper to move into 10m to use their capstone talent. (was shown to be mistaken. ignore this bit)

And let's be honest here. With the exception of mercs, DPS operatives and sorcs, all classes can roflstomp any other class when they feel like it with their CDs.

Edited by Zakmonster

pretty funny because the people that reply like, we have no survivability! are the people that play it as there mains. I have every class 50 and pvp'ed alot on them all. I can all round see they are OP.

This post prove that you are lying or terribad or playing on a PvE server full of bads and keyboard turners. (can be 2 of they of all 3) edit: maybe ur simply very good lol

If you have all class at 50 you should know that pyro PT is not OP at all. Any half brained person know that something is op if and only if the damage and survivability is to high to be together on the same class aka 31/0/10 assassin pre nerf.

A pyro pt is not op because the survivability is non existant. imo the stealth class should be what a pyro PT is. ZERO survivability but insane burst. right now a pyro PT' survivability is based on killing the other player 1rst.

imo there is no OP class, only op abilities. People think a mara is op...yes and no, high burst with good survivability...but super easy to CC.

A smasher is OP only in a group fight. otherwise if you loose a 1v1 vs a smasher you are A) very bad B) undergeared C) a smasher outplayed by an other smasher.

A hybrid assassin. aaah yes those guys. Good burst ,a lot...A LOT of utility, a good survivability but the substained dps if not that good because when shock is on CD they have...maul IF they got the proc(RNG) but they can reset the CD!!! yeah...by spamming a skill called trash...a skill with the proper name I guess if you know what I mean . the burst is based on RNG. If the RNG god is on their side you die, if not they cry. Plus those guys guard the off node 99.9% of the time so if you dont like them, dont go for the off node ;)

Sniper...not OP at all, a lot of tools, I high burst OH MY GWAD CC IMMUNITY THEY ARE OP. just because one ranged class have the tools to be on par with the melee doesnt mean its OP. Also...line of sight bro,line of sight. But I cant always los D: tell me when its impossible to los them. If you have half a brain, you can los a sniper at every objectives of every WZ. I los them in open world pvp nuff said lol.

Operative healer maybe a bit too strong but not impossible to solo kill them as a dps. The only reason to call them op is the class in itself. You got the joke? (My concealment op is nice XD )

Sorc and merc...bottom of the pyramid. bubble stun is annoying only when the whole team have a bubble.

also, the part in red...are you saying that every class are op? If everything is op...nothing is op...

Finaly, if you think something is OMG super OP bring the nerf bat!!! You are

A) bad

B) a merc or a sorc (the republic version works too)

C) stupid

D) undergeared

E) Have trouble vs a specific class or more

F) on a PVE server playing vs bads and keyboard turners

G) incredibly good

Now dont make me wrong, some skills are OP but usualy those skills are situationaly OP. Smash is OP in group. A PT can look OP when you ur def CDs are not ready. Undying rage is op if mixed with a white bar.

Edited by Philelectric