The Last of Us

DewyMossEmpire

Just wanted to know if anyone out there has played The Last of Us on PS3. That game blew me away, what a crazy adventure of horror, stress, emotion, just agh! Everything! & it is especially not often that you find a game where a "zombie" outbreak is taken as a serious plot, even though truly the creatures in The Last of Us aren't quite zombies.

Though I'd like to know what you guys think of the ending? Here's how I interpreted it: (Spoilers about the ending below)

At the beginning of the final scene you witness Ellie looking over her bite, which seems to be swollen & worsening from infection, despite her so-called infection. Perhaps after long her body simply gave in, because it was mentioned that the immunity growth on her brain had begun to mutate. Or, after all of the exposure to the spores & what not, her body took in more than the immunity could handle.

Anyway, she asks Joel to swear to her that what he said about the Fireflies was true, how they have found more people who are immune & stopped looking for a cure. I believe she asked this because she knows she is turning, especially after the story she told about when she was bitten; she is afraid that there is no cure, & asks Joel to promise her that he told the truth, for she knows it is almost her time.

Even though Joel lies to her, I felt like Ellie knew he was. So in the end, Joel should have just let her go, & Ellie probally would've wanted that too. But was it already too late? There are rumors about a sequel, but Idk, I feel like there's enough information to gather that their quest did not work out, & the infection is unstoppable.

All in all, this game is one big freaking tragedy.

Other thoughts about it? Favorite parts, scenes, details, etc? :D