[BUG] Rakghoul Event, Did not receive canister

wishingwell

UPDATE:

If you're having this problem, submit an in-game ticket. I just received a reply which was actually pretty awesome. :) They'll fix it for you. (Or at least they should be able to. It's taking longer for some people unfortunately.)

SHORT VERSION:

There is a bug where some players do not receive the same rewards for the quest The Tunnel Network/Navigating the Tunnels as other players. The canister is missing from the rewards and doesn't even seem to be there in the quest log when the quest is picked up. This seems to be a problem for most Imperial characters under level 53. This is the only report of a Republic character with this problem that I have seen.

UPDATE:

Here is a screenshot of the rewards received by my level 45 Sniper: No canister given.

(More screenshots when I'm able to run more characters through, hopefully with at least one Imperial getting a canister for comparison.)

To summarize, here are the rewards for both quests:

[DAILY] The Tunnel Network - Empire

1x THORN Booster Pin (Level 1-55)

1x Planetary Commendation (Level 1-52) or 2x Basic Commendation (Level 53-55)

1x Rakghoul DNA Canister (Level 53-55)

[DAILY] Navigating the Tunnels - Republic

1x Rakghoul DNA Canister (Level 1-55)

As you can see, Republic players are at an unfair advantage because they can get a Rakghoul DNA Canister with toons below level 53, while Imperial players need to be at level 53 to 55 to receive the Rakghoul DNA Canister.

Please fix the rewards so that both factions will get the same items.

I've decided to make a list of character types who did not receive a canister so far. These are my own characters, characters from my guild and characters mentioned by others.

Level 45 Sniper

Level 32 Sorcerer

Level ?? Warrior

Level 52 Assassin

Level 35 Mercenary

Level 48 Mercenary

Level 47 Juggernaut

Level 26 Sniper

Level 26 Mercenary

Level 33 Assassin

Level ?? Juggernaut

Level ?? Mercenary

Level ?? Sniper

Level 45 Sniper

Level 36 Mercenary

Level 30 Sniper

Level 45 Mercenary

LINKS TO OTHER THREADS ABOUT THIS:

* Why does the Rakghoul Tunnel Scanning Daily not give DNA Canister sub-55?

* THORN Rep Ripoff

_____

ORIGINAL POST:

I just ran the basic dailies (not the heroic and not the exploding/infecting one, just the ones from the terminal) for the Rak event on one lowbie Imperial and one lowbie Republic character. I also took them out to see Jeelvic. They should have both ended up with 2 canisters.

However, my Imperial character has only one canister. I know I moved the canister to another spot in my inventory when I got it from Jeelvic's mission, so that means the canister that should have been rewarded from The Tunnel Network/Navigating the Tunnels did not end up in my inventory.

Since I did her quest first, I didn't really notice. But when I did my Republic character's quests, I was surprised to see a canister as a reward. I went back and double-checked my Sorc, and sure enough, she has only one canister.

Edited by wishingwell

Just adding a little update --

I had a chance to run my level 45 Sniper through, and she did not receive a canister for The Tunnel Network either. I'll start making a list of character types who have and have not received it in my original post and add screenshots of the quest rewards when I can.

Edited by wishingwell

Here were the results from my run on the Rakghoul event tonight. I reported both of the ones that did not get the Rakghoul DNA canister as a reward in-game. These same two characters also did not get it last night (each only as 1 canister in inventory which is from the jawa vendor mission even though they also ran this mission yesterday).

[DAILY] The Tunnel Network run 1/23/14

55 Powertech - received

55 Assassin - received

55 Sentinel - received

55 Gunslinger - received

53 Juggernaut - received

45 Vanguard - received

33 Sage - received

26 sniper - did not receive, not on rewards list.

26 Mercenary - did not receive, not on rewards list.

25 Shadow - received

My 47 Juggernaut also has not received the canister. Twice.

1st i thought it was due to some level restriction (?), but when my lvl32 Vanquard DID receive it, I am sure it is a bug.

Thus the Tunnel Navigation Mission rewards is bugged, mostly for ppl on 40-ish.

Three of my characters, all in the 40s range, have not received the canisters for this misison, however many times they have done it. My lower and higher level ones all get them every time.

I submitted a ticket yesterday but have had no response at all.

Edited by PLynkes

Three of my characters, all in the 40s range, have not received the canisters for this misison, however many times they have done it. My lower and higher level ones all get them every time.

I submitted a ticket yesterday but have had no response at all.

What character types are they? Are they Imperial? Classes?

Update:

My level 52 Sith assassin who did not get the DNA canister two times, got to level 53 yesterday and after that the quest now provides the DNA canister as reward. So leveling up helped in this case, but level 52 is not in general the problem as other classes are not affected. My level 52 Vanquard got the canister. I submitted a ticket for the missing two canisters but no response yet.

Overview:

Received canister:

- Sith Marauder level 55

- Operative level 55

- Jedi Sage level 55

- Sith Assassin level 53

- Sniper level 53

- Vanquard level 52

- Jedi Sentinel level 29

Did not receive canister:

- Sith Assassin level 52

Edited by Cawyden

I got a response, took a couple of days but they didn't let me down. They mailed me the missing canisters on all three characters. No word on whether they have fixed whatever is doing this, though. That would need a patch, maybe. I'll find out once the Dailies reset.

If not I guess I'll just have to file more tickets.

Edited by PLynkes

To summarize, here are the rewards for both quests:

[DAILY] The Tunnel Network - Empire

1x Rakghoul DNA Canister (Level 53-55)

[DAILY] Navigating the Tunnels - Republic

1x Rakghoul DNA Canister (Level 1-55)

As you can see, Republic players are at an unfair advantage because they can get a Rakghoul DNA Canister with toons below level 53, while Imperial players need to be at level 53 to 55 to receive the Rakghoul DNA Canister.

Please fix the rewards so that both factions will get the same items.

Edited by Jerba

Thanks, Jerba and Cawyden. That was really helpful -- I've added Jerba's breakdown onto my top post.

It would be really nice if we could get a BW response. I know it's not likely that anything will be *fixed* before the event ends, but I can't help but think there are a lot of players out there who don't even know they're missing out on a canister every day.

I don't receive my DNA Canisters, either for my lvl 30 Sniper Dm'itri and lvl 45 Mercenary Shiva'z for The Tunnel Network Daily. Both Characters on server Harbinger. I don't know if these are character specific issues or could hit any character in your account at any time. Submitted a ticket and updated it, but no reply from Customer Service so far...