What Legacy Tree additions/fixes do you still want/need?

Sorwen

I did a search and didn't see anything like this (a few specific wants but nothing to list everything). Personally I need cousins. Ally doesn't quite do that for me. I want to keep Ally of course, but I would like cousins added.

I don't have a need for it, but I could see where "Adopted Sibling" would be nice. I've seen people asking for the ability to add NPC's as spouses. Which would be cool, but why not also be able to add them as "Adopted Siblings". Or another way would be to have a blank tree object you could set as "Parent" and then you already have adopted sibling(false parent set with adopted child). I mean what Consular wouldn't want Qyzen Fess as a brother? Or Bounty Hunter with Mako as your adopted little sister? And now I want it. :)

Are there any other PC/NPC combinations people would like to see?

Edit: Problem. If one character has two siblings they can't also have an Ally. That needs to be fixed.

Edited by Sorwen

Cousins and adopted siblings options would be awesome as I have both in my family tree. And yeah, only being able to link two other people to a character is rather annoying unless you're adding children (which I'm not).

I'd like to position my characters in any order I want, not based strictly on which icon is attached to a node. I have 4 character right now, and it looks like this:

Rival <--> Ally <--> Ally <--> Rival

It's just one straight line and I find it pretty ugly. But there's nothing I can do about it if I want my main on both sides to be rivals and each of them to be allied with my lowbie on the same side.

I'd rather have both allies on top, joined by line, and then each Rival diagnoally off to the left and right, respectively (overall making a trapezoid). But to do that, they'd have to have some weird family relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

As I want it:
                       Father --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Uncle
                            |                                                                                                                 |
      __________________________________                                            ____________________________
      |                     |                       |                      |                                            |                      |                               |
Scoundrel    Sentinel        Guardian           Marauder                             Consular         Inquisitor             Bounty Hunter
(adopted)     (brother)          (main)             (twin)                                 (cousin)           (cousin)                  (cousin) 

My main is my Jedi Guardian. Speck away from 50. Him and the Marauder are twins and the older siblings. As a background to explain all this I decided that the planet they were living on was invaded by the Sith and in the chaos the family was split. At some point the family adopted a Twi'lek as their sister. I have more to the story, but it isn't important for the illustration. If I couldn't show it as above then hooking the Consular as cousin to the Guardian and Sentinel would show that they are both cousins and allies. Then have the Marauder brother to the Guardian and ally/cousin to the Inquisitor the Bounty Hunter sister to the Inquisitor.

Edited by Sorwen

I want legacy to incorporate an AA (Alternate advancement) system. Some way to specialize my toon's role more and increase his/her effectiveness beyond getting better gear.

The legacy system is nice for alts and it is fun, but for the max level character it doesn't not offer much that is usable in end game content.

This being theoretically an MMO, I'd like to see the legacy system be an alternative to guilds--an organic way to interconnect other players. I'd like a reason to play my well-developed main in endgame, rather than a gimmick nudging me to create more alts as if this were essentially a single-player.

a character with more than 2 friends/rival available. Cousin option, or some "lost" family, because not everyone is closely related in my mind. Some of them don't even know each others.

Also, a way to make it more useful than just a personal reminder. I have a good memory, I don't need this tool, and I can use mspaint/notepad/whatever if I really wish to keep it somewhere. Maybe add some title like "X father of Y".

More than two connections per person would be nice. I also want options for cousin (don't know if aunt/uncle are in there as well, but should be), as well as childhood friend. Maybe teacher/student relationships could be fun for jedi master/padawans.

Would definitely like to have more than two connections per character as others have said. I'd need to be able to login now my transfers have gone through to see what connections I would want though. I was planning on 3 of my characters being sisters though.

The coming soon tab has different ways to increase XP. I'd like to see one that gives is free at Legacy X (maybe 30) that massively boost XP from your class quest. Doing the same planet quests is getting boring enough on the second character (I'm already staying just under having all the mobs red to me as is). And on the coming soon tab, I hope it is coming really soon. :)

Maybe an unlock so that you can use other classes ships if you have that class at 50 or have finished Act 3. Hell, make it so that you can use their ship itself with all mods so you don't have to upgrade your own (I don't like space missions so don't do them, don't know if people who do would like this idea).

That's all I can think of for now.

i have 6 characters, and they sit in one straight line. having any sort of generational thing makes absolutely no sense in the big picture of the interlapping stories, which last I heard was still a major element of swtor. more connectability would be cool.

1. Unlock an alt to be my companion.

2. Allow my friends to join me on the ship for guild meetings.

3. Guild bank on the ship.

4. Add an additional area on ship to duel friends or companions

5. Allow more then one companion out at a time.

Can't think of anymore to busy playing peace.............

Edited by nartiuslightlord

1. Unlock an alt to be my companion.

2. Allow my friends to join me on the ship for guild meetings.

3. Guild bank on the ship.

4. Add an additional area on ship to duel friends or companions

5. Allow more then one companion out at a time.

Can't think of anymore to busy playing peace.............

I'm hoping for a Guild Ship at some point.

The alt thing would be really cool

Edited by Sorwen

I was just thinking a "Head of the family" position or something. That is what my main is. He is the one that "made the family name" so to speak. He isn't the father of any characters just head oh the family "Legacy".

Luke....I am your first cousin twice removed on your mothers side...

Nah, doesn't have the same ring to it. :p

I actually support this idea. This system has potential.

See now, now I have to have "father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate" option in the tree.

Edited by Sorwen

Better "Legacy Tree" branching. I can't have a rival, a brother, a spouse, and an ally on the same guy. I can't say this person is the kid of Person A and Person B, who are married, but Person A also has an adopted kid.

The branching is pretty restrictive. I just wish they would let the tree go out in more than just four directions. Also, should they add character slots for sale, this would be almost needed, unless we want one long horizontal or vertical Legacy tree.

Also, maybe a few more options...? Like, "Master-Apprentice" relationships, or "Commander-Soldier" relationships. That last one's a bit more odd, but still - if you have a Human Jedi, and a Twi'Lek Jedi, "ally" might not be the best way to show the relationship between a Jedi Master and their Padawan.

I think it should be pretty free form.

Give a forking, branching method, and allow you to name the connection.

That allows for cousin, former room mate, 2ns spouse, bromance, and many more ;)

But for a function with no in game effect that isn't viewable by other players, we can have all these features now with screen-shots, a graphic editor, or a printer and scissors ;)

Cousins and adopted siblings options would be awesome as I have both in my family tree. And yeah, only being able to link two other people to a character is rather annoying unless you're adding children (which I'm not).

^This! And when I add my characters to the tree, be able to shape the tree, and not make it in one long line.

• 5 months later...

1: The Ability to have 2 or more Starting Points for a Legacy and Feed them into one Another. I.E. a Merged house of nobles or Forbidden Lovers scenario.

2: Meaning behind some of the Connections on the Legacy Tree, Preferably something like if you have a brother/sister or Rival, have it mentioned in Conversations.. I have a Smuggler that has a Bounty hunter brother, and i'd like for her to have been familiar with Mandolorian customs when talking with Akavari. (I understand it would likly be abit of work but... It'd Add alot of Depth)

3: As legacy's get better/More famous (What i take the whole legacy level thing to be) i'd want them to start having something that lets them stand out, Maybe a Costume piece/item that looks the Same regardless of loyalty.

4: Also... or Finally, The Ability to Actually Choose if its an Republic or Imperial House/Legacy also Add Independant too it aswell, Maybe make it so there is a Small buff for it dependant on loyalty.