Annihilation Marauder with (Vindicator ) Full WH and EWH weps

Tamilveeran

Hi Guys,

My gear looks like this:

• Full Vindicator WH armor,
  • Legacy Bracer/Belt with WH vindicator offhand armoring and mod (because I don't have 1.6mil to get the crafted 27 armoring)
  • Elite WH vindicator sabers
  • All slots augmented with 18str12end augument

I switched my mods and enhancements around to get 29% unbuffed crit. My strength is at 1638 (or 16xx) unbuffed, without stims, 1220 expertise.

What should I improve on? Should I be working to get my datacrons (i have only +10)? Or doing some PvE (which I hate), to get something specific to swap out?

Your advise is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Tamilveeran

get datacrons (str, end and willpower) and also get your entire crew to max affection for the 1% bonus to crit ect.

Do I have to get all my companions? I just finished Act-2, I have all but one companion maxed out. Does this buff in stats for companions in the list or companions that you character should have at end of Act3?

Companion affection being maxed each gives your toon a decent buff. It's definitely worth doing, especially since now you can just chain feed them gifts with no cooldown.

As for gear - many people believe that over 1200 expertise is a waste, but exp doesn't have a "hard cap" on diminishing returns like surge does. If you look at a graph representing how much % increase to damage, damage taken reduction, and +healing you get corresponding to your expertise, you will see that it is a very gradual "soft" diminishing return. I had the lvl 27 armorings for bracer/belt, and i just swapped in the pvp armorings from the vindicator set, as well as putting my +expertise crystals back into my sabers. This was a gain of 182 exp i believe, and put me very close to 1400. I can tell you that it certainly feels like I am hitting slightly harder on my smashes, and I definitely am less squishy. So don't sweat those lvl 27 armorings. Imo, you are better off with the vindicator expertise ones from the vind offhand.

How is your Exp only 1220? With all the gear listed, you should be pushing close to 1400, unless you swapped out your exp crystals for power, or you are missing relics / implants / earpiece? If you don't have the relics, get them asap; the WH +power ones (not proc on hit) are amazingly good, probably even best in slot PvE, although I'm not sure if the new content offers better.

Hey! Thank you for replying.

I'm using a Rakata implant and I have swapped power color crystals crystals in both weapons. I was trying to keep expertise close to 1200 while maximizing other stats.

Everything else is WH/EWH.

I also swapped in some accuracy WH enhancements to get my accuracy to 101% and crit to 35% buffed

Hey! Thank you for replying.

I'm using a Rakata implant and I have swapped power color crystals crystals in both weapons. I was trying to keep expertise close to 1200 while maximizing other stats.

Everything else is WH/EWH.

I also swapped in some accuracy WH enhancements to get my accuracy to 101% and crit to 35% buffed

Annihilation actually makes a case for having higher accuracy than rage, but over 100% is overkill. 90% accuracy caps you for player versus player on "Special" attacks. The reason we go over 90% is to mitigate a players parry/deflect. Most players have 5%, but sorcs have 10% and tanks can have upwards of 20%+. Special attacks include everything but assault. Now in Rage and carnage, you use assault pretty sparingly, so accuracy is not as big of a deal. 95% is more than enough for these specs. As carnage, assault is a larger portion of your damage, but IIRC it is still rather small compared to bleeds. I want to say that in pvp, bleeds end up being 40-50% of your dps, and everything else together accounts for the other half. IMO you could drop your accuracy a little in favor of more power or crit for anni, and just for power for rage or carnage.

But yeah, that 1200 expertise being a soft cap thing is BS. There is a graph that someone did around here somewhere that shows expertise values vs % increases from them to give you a visual idea of their diminishing returns, and the DR is extremely gradual. Exp is even more helpful for you as Anni since it also increases your heals. I would ask Arash, as he seems to be the anni expert.