Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, my response to the blog is that we didn't get a State of the Game, and I'd like to get one. The SotG was oriented on 3 isolated and short-term issues. Let's get back to big picture. Many developers left the building, the game wasn't meeting any stakeholders' expectations, and I'd like to know where the leadership and vision is going on various segments of gameplay and game development.

Yes, my response to the blog is that we didn't get a State of the Game, and I'd like to get one. The SotG was oriented on 3 isolated and short-term issues. Let's get back to big picture. Many developers left the building, the game wasn't meeting any stakeholders' expectations, and I'd like to know where the leadership and vision is going on various segments of gameplay and game development.

The only direction that has been made clear by the current leadership is a nearly total focus on the Cartel Shop, with secondary consideration payed to all other aspects of the game, with those secondary systems being tied into the Shop as well. The direction of the game is very obvious, but it's not exactly something they want to make clear.

The only direction that has been made clear by the current leadership is a nearly total focus on the Cartel Shop, with secondary consideration payed to all other aspects of the game, with those secondary systems being tied into the Shop as well. The direction of the game is very obvious, but it's not exactly something they want to make clear.

Are you dense? What do you think happens without the cartel shop? Still, saying they are focusing on it when they add 1 cosmetic item a week wich is worked on by a team only dedicated to it and a couple of more when a patch releases vs added OPS/Warzone/Space missions and all the work the other teams are doing. Cmon... what you're doing can be considered baiting/flaming. You are giving us a totally parcial and negative view that doesnt reflect the reality in any way.

They need to communicate to us, but what you're saying isnt making anyone more enlightned. You're just acting like a child crying to try and get some atention. Lets try to turn the maturity up, we might be more likely to get replies that way.

Edited by Nemmar

Are you dense? What do you think happens without the cartel shop? Still, saying they are focusing on it when they add 1 cosmetic item a week wich is worked on by a team only dedicated to it and a couple of more when a patch releases vs added OPS/Warzone/Space missions and all the work the other teams are doing. Cmon... what you're doing can be considered baiting/flaming. You are giving us a totally parcial and negative view that doesnt reflect the reality in any way.

They need to communicate to us, but what you're saying isnt making anyone more enlightned. You're just acting like a child crying to try and get some atention. Lets try to turn the maturity up, we might be more likely to get replies that way.

I'll lay it out for you:

1. Life Day was cited as one of the events that was planned for SW:TOR.

2. We get Life Day, but not as an event.

3. Instead, it's a bunch of items (most Christmas-themed, disrespecting the setting) that are on the Cartel Shop.

4. Thus, we have an overt example of the Cartel Shop being privileged over the core game.

Need another? How about a five month drought of major content in lieu of the shop's implementation? Where was the "main team" then? Probably working on of their various perpetually eventual promises... :rolleyes:

Also, if you want any communication with this particular team, you're barking up the wrong tree. They do not consider posting on the forums to be a part of their job description. They communicate almost solely by posting community round-up/dev tracker threads. They even stated that this was their goal for developing a relationship with the playerbase. How's that working out?

And I'm not saying that the Cartel Shop doesn't have a place in this game. It does. It just doesn't bode well if it's the focus.

Also, name-call all you want. It's childish, and I won't be engaged in that type of discussion. If you wish to refute me, by all means, do so. But do it with evidence and explanation, not by hurling insults. Ad hominem doesn't work with me. :)

Edited by CelCawdro

Unfortunately, you don't need a State of the Game post from the devs in order to figure out the state of the game.

It's an embaressment.

The communication that they have promised in the past (promised twice - remember that?) is practically nonexistant, to the point where it seems they don't even bother. Just the way it has been for months.

All of the wonderful and EXCITING! things that were talked about at the guild summit may as well have been thrown into the fire, since they haven't seen fit to communicate anything regarding nearly all of these issues.

APAC is still circling the drain, and the only response those poor bat rastards have receieved is that EAware is going to "take some time and evaluate." No mention of how much time, and no updates with any new information.

Subscribers won't have to pay any additional money - except when they will, for instance possibly for Makeb (whenever that sees the light of day).

The focus of the game seems to be the Cash Shop, which is immediately evident if you visit the homepage. Six "teasers" (not sure what to call them) show up. Five of them are directly related to the cash shop, and the sixth is the "Share your memories!" which is already a debacle, featuring a post that was stickied, unstickied, heavily moderated because it had almost NO postive posts due to customer anger, and then restickied.

The game's development team is an embaressment, and by association have turned this game into an embaressment, despite it having some interesting and fun features.