HM Calphayus bugged after 2.4.1

We were on a perfect run into phase 3 where the seeds are taken to the alters. About 10 seconds into this phase he says "This outcome was inevitable..." Then he reset. No one died, we didn't wipe it just plain reset. We zoned back to the present and he is waiting to begin again.

Your tank needs to taunt Calph in the future or else he will reset, he basically needs to be aggroed on someone or else after a short period of time (10+ seconds) he will despawn.

I am the tank and I was on him from the moment he spawned even though his shield was up.

I am the tank and I was on him from the moment he spawned even though his shield was up.

I noticed that you have to pick him up in melee range on the 3rd portal phase, taunting from a distance doesn't work.

Perhaps if he isn't picked up in time he resets.

• 3 weeks later...

Happend to us in 8man HM also 2 times in a row.

After the first knock down of the boss the first tank moved out of future room and the second tank was just entering the room to take the boss after planting the seed. After the boss got up and about the time when the first tank enters the past room the boss did the reset.

We figured the reason for this was that the "aktive" tank left the room of the boss and this activated the reset since the second tank didn't use a taunt to get the boss back.

Quite an odd "mechanic" in my oppinion. Would be better if the boss just goes nuts and starts killing people instead of plain resetting, at least that would be a "hint" that something has gone wrong.

When the second boss did start using taunt to get the boss after entering the room the reset didnt't happen again.

Edited by Flyluke

If Calphayus is agro'd on someone who isn't in his phase, he resets. If you're going to tank swap in that fashion, you need to have the first tank (who planted the first seed) taunt before the second tank leaves the time period.

Incidentally, this also represents a repair bill-free way to wipe a pull in the third phase.