Where the heck is the blaster rifle?

MasterCboath

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Boba inherit Jango's blasters at one point? Or was that not in the actual lore, just the animated stories?

Boba did not inherit the original Westar-34 blaster pistols from Jango, One of Jango's pistols was lost to the sea and the other was lost to Mace Windu's lightsaber.

However, after Jango Fett's death, Boba received two custom WESTAR-34 blaster pistols that Jango Fett had specially made for him.

BH's will never get blaster rifles because on the Empire side, those are the Agent's domain. Each class on each faction has it's own unique weapon type and that's a good thing because it largely prevents the "Hunter weapon" scenario.

I disagree with this point. I think it makes more sense to unlock pistols and rifles for all non-force using classes and just 'encourage' one over the other for each tree of each advanced class. For example, I could see a dps mercinary sticking to pistols because of abilities requiring duel wield. And why wouldn't you want an operative to stick to a pistol and vibro blade and leave the rifles to the snipers?

I believe they could open it up without breaking the game and even add more options to playstyles in the process by making different trees favor different weapons.

It just seems silly that most of the bounty hunters seen in Empire Strikes Back were carrying carbines and rifles, but no bounty hunter in this game can carry anything but a pistol.

Okay no ****. It's trooper gear... which wont drop for the Imperial players. If we let them start dropping it saturates the drops more.

I see no problem with throwing in some orange blaster rifle designs to BH's, just like I don't see any problem with orange Blaster Pistol designs for Troopers. It really would not be much of a problem at all, especially if Bioware start designing their future content with this change in mind.

I would really like to see weapons trainers as seen is WoW. Having each class slotted into only 1 weapon choice seems very linear and does not lend itself well to a big open universe MMO. Blaster pistols are so small and insignificant on my character that it removes the aesthetics all together. Instead I find myself wondering what the flashy laser is going to look like instead.

Take a look at the BH scene from empire and tell me how many blaster pistols you can see. I only know of 2 BH that used blasters as their weapon of choice. Jango Fett and Cad Bane both of which were created to pander to 8 year olds.

Oh and I also want to see more races to pick from. Human and cyborg? cmon....I want to be a Jawa!

• 1 month later...
I was thinking why can't Trooper use blaster pistols outside of certain cutscenes since pistols are issued to soldiers in real-life as a backup and sidearm to their assault rifle so it makes sense to allow trooper players in swtor to use them it could work by you having an eqquipable holster to equip and hold your blaster pistol and you would have a switch weapon button to switch between your blaster rifle/assault cannon and pistol when you want to regardless wether you are out of combat or in combat.Also the look of certain holsters could be customized to suit that particular player's taste. Edited by ratatech

I would really like to see weapons trainers as seen is WoW. Having each class slotted into only 1 weapon choice seems very linear and does not lend itself well to a big open universe MMO. Blaster pistols are so small and insignificant on my character that it removes the aesthetics all together. Instead I find myself wondering what the flashy laser is going to look like instead.

Take a look at the BH scene from empire and tell me how many blaster pistols you can see. I only know of 2 BH that used blasters as their weapon of choice. Jango Fett and Cad Bane both of which were created to pander to 8 year olds.

Oh and I also want to see more races to pick from. Human and cyborg? cmon....I want to be a Jawa!

Yeah Jango Fett and Cad Bane being created to pander to I WANT IT! 8 year olds same thing with Jar Jar Binks who was created to pander to the same I WANT IT! 8 year olds.

• 1 month later...
Please please please make Blaster Rifles available to us Bounty Hunters it would complete me
This, most mandalorian NPC`s have rifles, there is also a mandalorian npc on Taris that is shooting a dummy (near Commander Fett`s tent) god am i jealous:(

I mean seriously now all they have to do is give the BH(PT) rifles with the animations of the troopers version of unload and rapid shots..THAT S IT! nothing more because everything else the Suit does its job unlike the Trooper where there guns do all their tricks so only 2 animation changes

Edited by iDraxter

100% agreed i would go PT but having one little blaster is embarrassing i feel like a child with it

ok, yeah.. . . say this to Robocop's face or Judge Dredd - i mean do you really think the Lawgiver Pistol is embarrassing?

/facepalm

• 4 weeks later...
AFAIK, Republic Trooper Vanguards use Blaster Rifles and offhand Shields at the same time, therefore giving a Powertech a rifle should not take away their shields. Troopers and Bounty Hunters, skill for skill, are exactly the same. I won't even go into how much that saddens me.

This.

And if you look at Mandalorian NPCs on Dromund Kaas, the Mandalorian raiders flashpoint and the Esseles, you can see BH skills (Flamethrowers, rockets, etc) on nearly all of them, even those who wield blaster cannons. And nobody would look at the armour and skills and mistake them for a trooper in warzones. The animations are there and the weapons are there. It's not like it would require completely new animations or a total rework of the class mechanics.

I think this would be a good idea however i think a pistol makes alot of sense because your siting at a table and someone walks up to you a sticks a gun in your face (greedo vs han in a new hope) well it would be hard to bring a rifle to your shoulder with out geting shot first so like han we have a pistol and shoot the thug first :D but hell i still think a rifle/carbine is a good idea or just up-grade a blaster like some one said above and put a stock on it and a longer barrel there are some nice blasters at the pvp fleet vender that would look good as rifle/carbine (they look like a small G3) and after all bobafett used all kinds of weapons including a lightsaber :) and jango had a sniper rifle Edited by Snow_Hawk

Then why not both? For all classes!

Bounty Hunter + rifle, Agent + pistol (007 for me), Sith Marauder + double blade? People really see freedom as bad?

If the devs even care for roleplay (which they don't, considering they put the trooper armour for us Imps into the CE area), they would know restricting us so much isn't right. But they don't care.

• 3 weeks later...
BH's will never get blaster rifles because on the Empire side, those are the Agent's domain. Each class on each faction has it's own unique weapon type and that's a good thing because it largely prevents the "Hunter weapon" scenario.

+OVER 9000 for being one of the few that sees it as it is, and why BH cannot have rifles... EVER. At least until they break up this "this class uses this weapon type only" thing that they have going.

I've made an example on how they could have done it in one of these many 100's of QQ threads about rifles.

*yawn* must leave this thread before I fall asleep.

I kind of agree. I'm a main operative, and if we're going to have restrictions, I'd like them switched over. I think a single pistol would make my guy feel more secret agent/spy-ish. He feels more like some "elite soldier" now, which he isn't. I'd prefer a blaster/knife combo.

So yeah, I'd say deal. ^^

I kind of agree. I'm a main operative, and if we're going to have restrictions, I'd like them switched over. I think a single pistol would make my guy feel more secret agent/spy-ish. He feels more like some "elite soldier" now, which he isn't. I'd prefer a blaster/knife combo.

So yeah, I'd say deal. ^^

I agree, but they chose not to do this, why? ask the class designer :)

I don't want every class to be able to use every weapon (so to speak), because I like the way the current looting occurs and not a bidding war between all NFU classes, just because a rifle or pistal looks cool. You know what I'm saying right?

here is a suggestion: for the next Q & A. why not ask why they went with this combo and not the other? it would be interesting to know, even for me, who doesn't even play operative or bounty hunter (lvled a merc, but only for the class buffs)

Edited by Fallerup