Let our companions have "specs" so that we can "respec" them :-)

Crawfishies

We can respec,

so why can't we have our companions respec.

;););););)

As a warrior:

I hate Quinn for reason of the spoiler, which I will not say why.

I want to kill him and don't want to use him, :mad::mad::mad:

and respec jaesa for heal/dps, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Crawfishies

That's not a respect....that's switching classes.

He's got a point, Jaesa's a Shadow/Assassin, not a Sage/Sorcerer. Her other talent tree would be tanking.

Otherwise I more-or-less agree with the OP. Companions have no PVP value, and what a person does in PVE is their own business.

I think having a talent tree to help buff your companion based on what they already are capable of would be kinda neat. No changing their roles but maybe more specializing. For example, Khem Vhal can tank and dps so give him 3 little trees for tanking, dps, and a bit of both. Thus everyone can then customize their companions as they so desire. Edited by LilTikiBoy

I kind of agree im kind of butt hurt about my bounty hunter- power tech. The only reason i picked bounty hunter over a sith warrior is the companion Blizz (I love him, i want a plush toy of blizz so bad). However as im a tank running a tank companion really isnt that effecttive. If Blizz was a dps or a healer he would never leave my side.

I would personally rather companions play a bigger role in the game than they do. Someone mentioned respeccing would make other companions obsolete. As Sith Warrior all but 1 are obsolete anyway. Aside from minor roles in story arcs and their own "stories" (which are a joke - terribly uninteresting), they have little effect on the over all story.

*MASS EFFECT 2 & SITH WARRIOR SPOILER*

I love Bioware because they create some awesome character development. At the end of ME2 I was incredibly meticulous about choosing the right people for the right job because I loved my crew. All of them. By the end of my main quest as SW the only person I cared about was my character. I never had any motivation to increase companion affection. My companions rarely spoke out about any of my decisions, and the last 2 were thrown in as mere after though. I don't even REALLY know who they are, but I have intrusted my life to them, I guess.

Sorry to get so side tracked, but companions are a touchy subject for me. :p

Then you might only need 1 or 2 companions instead of 5 (or 6 if you count the droid). So since they gave you a variety of companions, I wouldn't expect they will suddenly make all of that development time worthless.
Did you use all of them for questing, except crafting?

For example most powertech 80% of time stuck with Mako, 18% with Gault and only 2% with other companions mostly in non combat situation, like hanging in bars with Blizz. With character customization if we can chose what proficiency they will be we can start using more companions than now.

I suggest add special customization equipment like that we use for customization of their look, but this equipment will determine companion skills and abilities, DPS/Heal/Tank.

Edited by Urukkhan