Bodyguard - Good enough for leveling?

alexisme

I am 38 with 17 in Bodyguard and 11 in Arsenal. I think full Bodyguard would be pretty frustrating. I highly recommend getting Tracer Missile in Arsenal and then going into Bodyguard. At low levels, you can heal content with a dps spec anyway.

Basically, I went full dps until I got the first dps companion and then respeced to 11 Arsenal and started up the Bodyguard tree. At 38, everything has been viable and fairly efficient. Not as fast as full dps but that is to be expected.

I am level 31 and have leveled full bodyguard. It was completely fine until 24ish when having a healing companion as a healer was beginning to slow things down significantly. However that problem was solved at 28 for me and leveling as a healer is again great.

I am level 23, and am doing fine leveling as a bodyguard. My friend is doing all of the same quests as me (we are not playing grouped) as a sith assassin and is moving at exactly the same pace as I am.

Just play what you think is fun. You lack a little in damage, but managing your heat correctly and using your combat support cylinder charges you have no down time and very very very few deaths.

I feel that once world PvP becomes an issue (if you are on a PvP server) being a healing spec will help immensely. Being able to recover quickly from being jumped at half health is a good thing ;)

I am level 31 and have leveled full bodyguard. It was completely fine until 24ish when having a healing companion as a healer was beginning to slow things down significantly. However that problem was solved at 28 for me and leveling as a healer is again great.

Indeed things are slow at the start but they pick up around 28 and it is fine from there.

I am level 33 right now full bodyguard and perfectly happy. It might be a little slower than leveling a dps but you get so much survivability that you make up on those "oh shi" moments that would otherwise result in a death.

Hey, since I would prefer to not rely on a group at every time during my leveling process, is bodyguard dps efficient enough for solo?

I would point out to you that going for a healer spec is most efficient when grouped. If you're looking to level in flashpoints and heroics, healing is the fastest way to get those groups and ensure that your team survives. If you're looking to solo, note that you have a healing companion from the get-go and consider DPS.

Mako can keep you up when you solo, so if you're looking to level solo DPS is usually faster. Bodyguards are absolutely capable of leveling solo, but the chief allure is that they're excellent in group content, not that they're faster soloing (they're not).