Who has cancelled their subscription due to the horrid PVP?

karlmonster

Seems a little reactionary.

It is but I think that is what is needed at this time. It is important that BW sees that when they push through obviously horrible changes we will not only react with words but with actions too. Nothing speaks to companies more than losing money.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i came home from work logged in did not realize a patch had been put in (son was on playing) had my skill pts refunded so had to reallocate them.went to a warzone played ended up losing which is no surprise (republic toons) and fouind that i did not get any rewards even tho i had gotten 3 medals. i play on a pVe server but like to pVp for the credits and the xp even if i lose. and i thougt huttball was cool. i did the turret warzone and was out fighting and dying( more dying then fighting) to gain or regain a turret just to check the stats at the end of the match and found that the team members who were guarding the turret got more medals and pts then i did and i was out there i the thick of the fighting.so yes i am so close to unsubbing that it is not funny and i liked this game to even tho i am on a pve server but to make such drastic changes is just crazy.

Promising something for a decent percentage of your community, and then removing it with mere hours before launch is one thing, but breaking the rest of it and not expecting a mass exodus is folly. Most of the PvP community has only been keeping their sub up for THIS patch and what was supposed to go with it. I'll see what they change before I decide to resub, if it stays in this state I won't be missing much anyway.

Promising something for a decent percentage of your community, and then removing it with mere hours before launch is one thing, but breaking the rest of it and not expecting a mass exodus is folly. Most of the PvP community has only been keeping their sub up for THIS patch and what was supposed to go with it. I'll see what they change before I decide to resub, if it stays in this state I won't be missing much anyway.

Hmmm what was promised?

my sub runs out at midnight tonight and i've already uninstalled the game and deleted the content from my harddrive.

There's no way that i'm re-downloading the 11gib of data required to play the game, even if bioware is giving out a free month.

1.2, by all accounts, has been a deathblow to swtor. Bioware took a game that was fairly balanced (aside from 3 classes) and thrown the balance completely off. Bioware took a game that had a decent reward system for pvp and changed it to reward only those who already have an advantage. Bioware failed to deliver on a system that would have provided challenging matchups for the pvp community, and were dishonest about the system's release date up until 12 hours before it was slated to be published. Bioware failed to deliver on owpvp by creating an amazing landscape to pvp in, but putting the focus on one location in that

bioware knows this, they know they've screwed up big time and their data shows the unsub rate to be high enough to warrant giving out a free month of play-time to their players to try and makeup for these issues.

Quite frankly a free month isn't enough. If i'm going to even look at playing this game ever again the following needs to happen.

A.) the dir of pvp and it's project managers need to be fired. They've done nothing but fail in designing the game's pvp over the last 3 months, and their "ideas" generally hurt the company more than help.

B.) roll-back the balance changes that went live in 1.2. 3 classes being slightly op (in one way or another) is easier to deal with than 2 massively op classes and 6 super-gimps. The metrics used to balance need to be based on class potentials, and not on class use because sometimes it takes 2+ months for a community to figure out how-to maximize a classes worth.

C.) weekly updates posted to the forum on the status of upcoming pvp changes - positive and negative hurdles.

D.) the ptr has to have a "mission box" which allows players choose to auto-level to 20, 30, 40, 50 and provides a full set of appropriate gear as quest rewards so that upcoming changes can be tested by a large portion of the population instead of a select few.

E.) x-server queuing, ranked warzones, a anti-cheating system, and 3 - 4 new warzones need to become the priority for pvp's future. Class imbalance in 1.1 wasn't such that it required such a gigantic overhall.

F.) all future class changes should be rolled-out in smaller updates and would change 1 - 2 classes per update instead of making sweeping changes.

Do this bioware, and i'll resub. Fail to address these issues and i've already started looking at other mmo's. It's really a shame that the game went this direction because january - march i had such high hopes for this game.

this.

I just waited for 1.2 , was praying they would do right thing, but I feel ripped off, shame this game could have really been something.

I just feel ripped off by Bioware just now, with this and ME3 first day DLC, I think its starting to be a trend with them, and I will having nothing more to do with them.

Had alot of love for the company, blizzard are starting too look like angels in comparison.

Good Luck!

i went month to month canceling for D3. tired of broken lame Beta i been paying 15 bucks a month for. that regresses every patch. We are still in Beta right? Wait that was back in Dec. i should have unsubbed after Jan

Just canceled,

You ruined sage healers.

it's crazy. the new stuff is one thing, but people have been yelling about the lack of medals for healers since I was in beta.

that part of the problem is nothing new (although I know you are talking about the healing nerf).

bioware just isn't listening.

Edited by Jeopardydd

it's crazy. the new stuff is one thing, but people have been yelling about the lack of medals for healers since I was in beta.

that part of the problem is nothing new (although I know you are talking about the healing nerf).

bioware just isn't listening.

I'm a level 50 CM, Valor Rank 56.

I'm not gona lie, the resource management is different. Quite a bit more challenging.

The FIRST warzone I played was voidstar, and I received 12 Medals.

I'm sure people will say "No you did not!!!!" but I did.

I love 1.2

This game is explosively well done for it's age. I have been playing for a little more than a month. By far the best MMO and game experience, to date. I have been playing MMO since it was text based MUDS.

Thank you Bioware. This game is amazing and even better!

I'm a level 50 CM, Valor Rank 56.

I'm not gona lie, the resource management is different. Quite a bit more challenging.

The FIRST warzone I played was voidstar, and I received 12 Medals.

I'm sure people will say "No you did not!!!!" but I did.

i believe you. it certainly can happen.

but try getting a lot of medals while your team is getting rolled. you get a huge penalty for the loss and get very few medals because you are always dead as soon as the enemy gets in range to kill you and because your teammates are constantly dead.

which might even be ok if it weren't for the fact that some of us are solo-queuers on servers with faction imbalances, which means that we get rolled a lot and that will only get worse when only the winning team makes progress towards better gear.

TBH, the game took a step in the right direction with 1.2.

It still fails miserably for world pvp, unless players supprt this and organize skirmishes (battle royals) themselves. It's still a farcry from a dynamic PvP environment, but where's the surprise?

If you canceled because of 1.2, I'd say at this stage of the game, you're just crying for attention. SWTOR was never meant to be PvP centric, a fact we all knew before early start began.

I'm not going to lie, Playing my fresh new level 50 warrior I just re leveled because there are no server transfers and my other 50 warrior is trapped on a blah server and getting 0 Credits, 0 Valor, and 0 Comms when I'm trying but getting slaughtered is flat out insulting and makes me feel like I just wasted a huge chunk of my time.

*edit*

After finally grinding the credits to buy the recruit gear on my fresh 50 on my new server she was pretty broke after buying all the training speeder (I did this day before 1.2) I was broke and couldn't afford the Recruit gear. When I finally grinded the creds for the recruit gear it made the difference between night and day.

They essentially made expertise mandatory for PvP and the recruit gear is a must have or earning more than 2 medals is an unfun struggle. Once you get the recruit gear 4+ is very manageable.

So while I retract my anceling. I do think the PvP system needs tweaked some more.

Edited by WarSiren

I was a healing sage that was working on valor rank 76, I never really minded that it seemed to take longer. The problem is now when i go up against premades, people that can actually play I have no chance at all. I cant keep myself alive let alone heal anyone.

Also canceled my subscription

Edited by Kisca

hey thats me. (and not because of the sorc nerfs. the games problems go waaaaaaaaaaaaaay deeper than any class balance issues.)

Funny things is, i unsub last month and all my friends was saying c'mon stay a little while and see what the next patch will do for you! Now i've just unsub and i'm done with this game. Be realistic, better games are out there! Gaming is a big part of having fun but when frustration come in, there's noting fun about it!

I'm wearing full set of battlemaster and i was kinda proud cause it gaves some challenge to my challengers (players) and i was hard to kill (even as a sage). Now you say?

Remember when you was wearing centurion or even less gear? it was the same feeling!

Life goes down so freaking quickly you can't really react! (i mean more then usually)

Now the new set is like battlemaster set (war hero set)

I'm just tired to getting nerf patch after patch.... I'm not only playing a sage btw!

It was good times tough ( beta player). But now it's enough i can't take it anymore!

For thoses who played again, just play and have fun. This is the important thing about a video game. And for thoses in my situation i simpatize with you guys...

seriously? what the devs was thinking..... An auto-unsub features perhaps?

lol

/im out good luck all and have fun!