what should I do with WZ commendations as I level up?

Makk

I am just getting into PvP (very much a PvP noob) and, for now, I really only doing a couple of matches a day while I level up (try to do enough to get my daily win for the extra XP, then focus on PvE for the rest of my play time).

What do you folks recommend I use my WZ commendations as I level up? I already bought all the level 20 gear I need, and already have 800 or so commendations (getting close to the 1000 cap).

Also, when I start buying the bags for top PvP gear - what should I be getting? (I dont fully understand how all the various tiers work).

1) Have a champion bag ready in the vault for when you turn 50, convert WZ commendations to mercenary till you have 1000 mercenary commendations, then build WZ commendations up to 1000(CaP), level 42 gun, level 40 gear, Gear a companion.

ROughly in that priority order. You want your purple bag in the vault and 1000/1000 (5 more bags to purchase on turning 50) when you hit 50. The level 40+ gear perhaps optional. An easy gear up for a companion optional.

Buy merc commendation. 30/10 transfer but you will get them pretty quick.

After that...

Get a champ bag.

then...

Buy merc commendation.

then...

Get all the top level PvP gear you can buy so you have them.

then...

Buy merc commendation. if you need to.

then...

I buy pvp boxes.

I get a chance at some decent gear and the green gear can still sell pretty well.

+ i get stims.

currently i buy the biggest 3 that i can open if i find i am near com cap in WZ.

Outside of WZ i buy the biggest i can and open it. repeat until I get down to a point i wont have to worry about capping.

I have lost a lot of coms to capping...

Not to mention valor... Valor fills up at about 50% of level. I lose half my level of valor generally unless i go PvE.

Which i do.

I go and fight mobs and try to pick it world coms and xp. Missions would be better... but... i need the flexibility to bail and or WZ whenever i want/need.

Edited by CrunchyGremlin

Get enough commendations to purchase a Champion Gear bag. It will only let you hold one and you cannot open it until 50 but it is good to bank this one that you are allowed to have pre 50.

Then....farm up enough warzone comms to convert them to 1000 mercenary commendations. Then farm up enough to cap out at 1000 warzone commendations. If you want to continue PVPing after you have capped out then buy Expertise Stims/WZ Medpacks.

Essentially you want to have 1 banked champion bag, 1000 merc comms, 1000 WZ comms, and a metric ton of Warzone stims/medpacks when you ding 50.

This will allow you to open 6 bags as soon as you ding 50 , as well as have a ton of consumables (which you will be popping like candy).

In between all this you can spend commendations on the low level pvp gear/weapons, just try to have what I mentioned above for when you ding 50.

Buy merc commendation. 30/1 transfer but you will get them pretty quick.

After that...

Get a champ bag.

then...

I buy pvp boxes.

I get a chance at some decent gear and the green gear can still sell pretty well.

+ i get stims.

currently i buy the biggest 3 that i can open if i find i am near com cap in WZ.

Outside of WZ i buy the biggest i can and open it. repeat until I get down to a point i wont have to worry about capping.

I have lost a lot of coms to capping...

Not to mention valor... Valor fills up at about 50% of level. I lose half my level of valor generally unless i go PvE.

Which i do.

I go and fight mobs and try to pick it world coms and xp. Missions would be better... but... i need the flexibility to bail and or WZ whenever i want/need.

30/10 transfer.

1) Have a champion bag ready in the vault for when you turn 50, convert WZ commendations to mercenary till you have 1000 mercenary commendations, then build WZ commendations up to 1000(CaP), level 42 gun, level 40 gear, Gear a companion.

ROughly in that priority order. You want your purple bag in the vault and 1000/1000 (5 more bags to purchase on turning 50) when you hit 50. The level 40+ gear perhaps optional. An easy gear up for a companion optional.

Oh damn that is a good point.

If you can buy the best gear before you need it then yeah do that after getting champ bag... or maybe even before.

Its really not that big of a deal as the coms build up pretty fast.

I am pretty sure that in a day you can fill up 1k+ of comms if you can pull down the medals.

Shadow puts those medals on easy mode.