Hey, Republicans, do you know from who our station is nammed ?

Angedechu

Zayne Carrick (whose adventures are currently published in KOTOR War, but that's another matter)

Zayne Carrick is one of the most peculiar Jedi in the EU. He is not a very good Jedi skill wise, but he have one skill sorely lacking in others : ability to compromise.

He also have a tendancy to have a very bad timing, leading him to woe the love interests of Darth Malak, for instance.

What made KOTOR comic and Zayne mishaps so amusing, was that the writers build him a crew mimicking exactly the OT Millenium Falcon crew, except with MORE disfonctionnality.

The Jedi : Zayne Carrick, dubbed by his own master ''the galaxy worst padawan ever''. Killed one people in 50 issues-while tackling Mandalorians, Rakghouls, Sith slavers, pirates, and Jedi conspiracies

The Scoundrel : Marn Hieroglyph, professional con man, wanted for dead in several systems because of faulty speeders and the equivalent of telemarketing schemes. Apparently, he is a Casanova on his home planet. He is also a 1-meter tall monkey-like alien.

The Girl : Jarael, a Arkanian Scion cloned from the super awesome Arca Jeth (IE, space elf chick) Unfortunately, is a perfectly normal being pitted against Sith, Jedis assassins and such. Very willing to wear revealing disguises before engaging in various battle sessions (that usually end up with her being captured)

The Sidekick : Hieroglyph's own ''alien with a strange culture that pledged him a life-debt. A Trandoshan ! Unfortunately, this one sucks at firing, at stealing spaceships and operating turrets. He is very good at cleaning and cooking, however, leading ultimately to super scheme to dominate the galaxy from Marn : opening a chain of restaurants.

The Droid : A maniaco-depressive lifter.

KOTOR comic was so much like some earlier Bioware works that I wonder why they did not made at least ONE jedi Carrick like instead of super-heroic Skywalker like

Edited by Angedechu

There's a bonus for KotOR fans: you get to see characters from the games about ten years previous. For example, you get an idea of why Carth is well-known and highly-respected, and what kind of guy he was before Malak and Karath kicked his pupp...I mean glassed his homeworld.

Zayne Carrick ... is not a very good Jedi skill wise, but he have one skill sorely lacking in others : ability to compromise.

I've got the first 8 volumes of his adventures sitting on the nightstand next to my bed. Probably my favorite EU character.

His real force power, of course, is that he is the epicenter of an epic vortex of highly improbable, unpleasant coincidences and terri-bad luck. And the consequences ultimately hit the bad guys even harder than they hit him and his pals.

I never noticed Carrick Station's name before. Awesome. Wonder what he did to be remembered?

I was kinda sad that there was no codex entry for the Carrick Station, but if you look at the malaxy map and click on carrick station without traveling there. you can read that it was a rather resiliant station named after the equally resiliant republic hero. I think we have yet to see or read what made Zayne a hero of the republic, maybe it will be covered in the new mini series. The issue came out 11th of january it called KOTOR: War

Zayne is one of my favorite characters in Star Wars. I play Empire so I was unaware of your fleet's name. I am tots jelly.

Also: As far as I remember Carth was the only notable Republic officers aware of Zayne's deeds... so why does he get a station named after him? His was a more personal story.

Edited by Progath

Maybe Zayne did really heroic stuff in KOTOR War (the new series)

Maybe also he got lionized because the republic needed BADLY heroes (like in KOTOR Comics, where Marn and his Trandoshean become war heroes for saving a troop transport on Serocco, while in fact the whole fleet except one shuttle was wasted and the ground forces nuked...and got war movies made about them)

Maybe Zayne did really heroic stuff in KOTOR War (the new series)

Maybe also he got lionized because the republic needed BADLY heroes (like in KOTOR Comics, where Marn and his Trandoshean become war heroes for saving a troop transport on Serocco, while in fact the whole fleet except one shuttle was wasted and the ground forces nuked...and got war movies made about them)

That is so something Marn would try to exploit :D