GTN Preview Does Not Work

discbox

Not only did they break the preview (probably related to that stupid shift-linking of item names, which doesn't work if the item name has non-numericals less than 3 characters), but they made it a lot bigger than it needs to be. We could already look at unit prices by hovering the mouse. It did not need a new column, they could have simply added it as a sort option on the original Price colum. Highest->Lowest->Highest (Unit)->Lowest (unit).

That, and the buy button column is also 3x wider than it needs to be, so that even on a nice widescreen setup, it now sits over 1/4 of the character sheet and 1/5 the inventory panel.

Once again poor execution of what had started as a decent idea. A unit price column is absolutely not needed.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other bug with GTN (and it may not be restricted to GTN) is that you can't link items from it into chat. Note that.

GTN, the Cartel Market, and Collections no longer link to chat for sure.

Unsure if it's affecting anything else. >_>

GTN, the Cartel Market, and Collections no longer link to chat for sure.

Unsure if it's affecting anything else. >_>

It is. It's affecting me. And I don't like it :mad:

I'd guess it's their way of 'punishing' us for linking the Pursuer's bounty pack items before we were supposed to. Big whoop. Get over yourselves and fix it.

Not only did they break the preview (probably related to that stupid shift-linking of item names, which doesn't work if the item name has non-numericals less than 3 characters), but they made it a lot bigger than it needs to be. We could already look at unit prices by hovering the mouse. It did not need a new column, they could have simply added it as a sort option on the original Price colum. Highest->Lowest->Highest (Unit)->Lowest (unit).

That, and the buy button column is also 3x wider than it needs to be, so that even on a nice widescreen setup, it now sits over 1/4 of the character sheet and 1/5 the inventory panel.

Once again poor execution of what had started as a decent idea. A unit price column is absolutely not needed.

And while hovering your mouse works great for some things, when you want to buy a bunch of something and there are 20 pages it was a PITA to look at all of them to find the best price. It is a much needed QOL improvement.....if it works.

Players can now can use either Shift + Left Click or Shift + Right Click to split a stack of items, which will allow the function to be used while the GTN Window is open.

I bet that is a lot more useful than preview items or link them. Anyway, I think this can be solved very easy by removing the "CTRL+Click to preview" from item description.

In addition to breaking preview in the GTN, they also broke it in crafting windows. When my synthweavers/armor crafters looked at their craft list you used to be able to CTRL+RCLICK to preview armor items, just as in the GTN.

So currently previewing only works for me from my inventory/cargo storage.

It seems that most shift click insertions are broken, as well as previews except in inventory. I tested GTN, crafting...the only spots it seemed to work were the inventory naturally and Collections/Market, but that is probably because you have a preview button.

So basically the entire preview and shift click insertion system is bugged except for native views.

And while hovering your mouse works great for some things, when you want to buy a bunch of something and there are 20 pages it was a PITA to look at all of them to find the best price. It is a much needed QOL improvement.....if it works.

/Agree

Hello there folks!

We are aware that the Preview functionality on the GTN is not working as intended. We're getting it added to the Known Issues and are working to fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Just to add to this, so it gets addressed correctly, the preview is also broken from within a player's schematics list. Likely a result of the not-properly-implemented shift-linking of items for the GTN interface - which as it so happens still doesn't work if the item in question has any under-3 non-numeric characters as a part of the name (such as anything Mk II).

I think you mis-read the intent of my statement. In no way was I suggesting it was an unneeded feature (the per-unit sort), I'm saying the addition of an extra column is a huge waste. They could have simply incorporated that sort functionality into the already existing Price colum.

Price ^

Price v

Price (unit) ^

Price (unit) v

One column, same function, nice and smooth, without all the extra screen clutter. The whole panel used to fit nicely between the character panel and a full inventory panel, so you could hop around managing the previews and item comparisons in relative ease. The SWTOR UI is absurdly bad about proper handling of windows and dominance in the UI, so making the GTN screen unnecessarily larger is a bad thing, even if the core idea was a good one.