The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Why is it that people who insist on chain-pulling everything --without even stopping to regen health and resources from near-zero from the last round of chain-pulling-- often speak little or no English?

Or at least, it appears that way, they could be lying, too.

Bads.

Bergeren Colony is flooded with hideous, horrible, awful, bads!

Oh Gods, the bads! (/Me goes to a corner and cries.)

Not that Harbinger, Pot5, and Bastion are any better, but eff me man, this is just bloody indescribable.

A while back me and 2 guildes qued SM Boarding Party, me as tank. We were minimal lvl and with dated gear, but would have no problem getting through as long as everyone played smart.

Well we get a Marauder pug. The first big fight with the 2 elite droids he immediately breaks CC on one, getting me killed trying to keep all the threat on myself in the process. Our healer politely tells him to watch for CCs to which to which the Marauder asks a question about the healer's choice in name that we couldn't tell if was snarky or just unintentionally blunt. So the healer assumes the latter and politely responds.

Very next fight the Marauder pulls then in combat immediately starts on a foul mouthed rant about what a terrible tank I am. Basically hanging a big flashing sign on himself that says "Kick Me!". Then precedes to pull the next group too, at which point we decided we had enough and decided to let him die then boot him. Despite us obvisously standing away, not taking part in the fight at all, he starts ranting about why he isn't being healed. Wasn't a tough fight so he manages to survive and before we can even kick him pulls another fight. Realizing he's going to be gone the second combat is over he snarkily proclaims "Yeah, good luck clearing this without me."

He gets replaced with an assassin DPS, the rest of the run goes smooth as silk. Some people just live in their own little world....

Edited by Obreck

I Greed, not Pass, once you I get Legend, since they have a vendor value. If everybody Needs until Legend, this should be fine.

Agreed. The rules on those should be:

Need - I'm going to use them for reputation.

Greed - I'm going to vendor these for credits.

Pass - I don't want them.

I just tested inspecting someone and it showed me his stats...granted it only showed me Health, Armor Rating, Dmg Reduction and Defense Chance (no Shield Chance and Shield Absorption), but those were clearly his stats and not mine. The rest of the character sheet was also clearly his.

I have checked this, and I have confirmed with people being in the same group with me at a time. The dialog shows you your own stats when you inspect other players. Have you ask them to confirm that what you see is correct?

To inspect another character, target that character, right-click on the portrait, and you'll either have an Inspect option or can click on "additional commands" to get a submenu with an inspect option (not in game) -- just targeting them and pulling up the character sheet ('C') won't show you their stats.

You have misunderstood my question.

I have checked this, and I have confirmed with people being in the same group with me at a time. The dialog shows you your own stats when you inspect other players. Have you ask them to confirm that what you see is correct?

Unless you are having a very different experience than me, the percentages that show up are correct, it is only the ratings in the tooltips that are my own, not the targets.

I may be wrong, but the game does not give you that information, unless you ask the player. For me user character screen always shows my stats when I inspect other players. How did you get these numbers?

It shows DR and Def chance, it won't show you shield or absorb but from having a jug tank myself and seeing a boatload of shield augments on that guy with only one defense mod on his entire person, I could make a pretty educated assumption that he was doing things very wrong.

It does glitch sometimes and show you incorrect numbers/your own stats, but for the most part it works.

Queued up for my first run of the new Flashpoint today, got in with some guy who wouldn't join the first conversation until all members promised to spacebar through everything. Suffice to say, the rest of us refused and he just sort of stood there. Eventually I just left and re-queued but it was kind of amusing for a few minutes to just sit there and think "dude, unless this is a realllllllllly long cutscene he wants us to space through, I think he's probably wasted more time trying to make everyone not watch it."

I guess he was a man of principles.

Why not kick him? If everyone wants to watch it and he is being an idiot... I'm sure they would agree to give him the boot.

Though what I would have done was sent everyone a tell to agree to it, but then not do it... and I would then wait until the very last second on each conversation. Anyone that insists I spacebar rather than giving me the choice gets my full on ***hole treatment.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Not that I'm aware of...I've only seen the issue "discussed" once, and it was somebody else in my party (way before we hit anything that dropped a trophy) saying for everybody to 'Need'. It's what I expect everybody to do (unless they actually are at Legend), but I remember being shocked that somebody would actually be sensible enough to discuss loot rules before looting in a PUG. :) Also on a positive note, nobody argued about it.

I mentioned that everyoen should need and the tank guy was like "Greed is the courtesy" and I explained that we all "need" it makes less confusion because then there is no chance of a ninja.

SO then he starts in on "Why change the rules, just greed." ?

I was like "There is no "rules" for looting, if there was then Bioware would enforce them they don't."

He just was like so adamant that everyone should greed... really made me wonder if he wanted that so everyone would greed then he could need at the end... because really, why the huge insistence that every greed on a item that everyone can use equally?

Finally he said "Then I will be needing on "EVERYTHING" in this flashpoint, to avoid confusing myself"

to which I said "Since nothing in this FP is class specific, sure."

But seriously.... he doth protest too much!!!

Another odd one was a dps in pug group I was in. I noticed he was Needing on everything, so I confronted him: got no response. Another member confronts him to which he simply replies "Wall" :confused:

A few seconds later a green item drops and once again he Needs on it. One last time we ask him what the heck he's doing to which he replies "Its a wall." :confused:

Yeah, well "Its a vote kick." Bye bye :D

Edited by Obreck

Why not kick him? If everyone wants to watch it and he is being an idiot... I'm sure they would agree to give him the boot.

Call it social hangups? I really go painfully out of my way to avoid group drama. Even as a DPS with a long queue time, I will sooner leave a group myself than initiate a vote-kick over anything other than someone who's been DC'd for several minutes. But I'm weird like that. As to why the others didn't...dunno. One guy, granted, was a "don't care", who was just more okay with letting it play for those that wanted it. Perhaps the final member just had the same shaky terror of responsibility as me, or they were all also just sort of fascinated by his behavior.

That's going to be the least of your worries, Begeren, since *cough* SOMEONE transferred there from Harbinger. If you're a harbinger player reading this... you know who I'm talking about.

Did He who shall not be named Transfer to Bergeron? We still have the guy who can't speak proper english(how the frack did Harbinger get stuck with that guy) I need to read a book everytime he speaks just so I can remember what the English language is. Not to mention we have the army of A's

Edited by Spyderwraith

Got into a Hard Mode Czerka Core Meltdown tonight. Tank (PT), Healer (Operative), DPS (Sorc), and me as the other DPS (also Sorc). Healer and other DPS are both guildies. Everything seemed to be going really well until we came to the first boss (desert one). Tanks pulls, we start dpsing. Sandstorm starts up and tanks just keeps standing in the middle (he had been lagging some in the FP and it was taking him a few seconds to respond to stuff, of which he had informed us and we were all ok with). Instead of allowing the tank to move himself to the active generator, which he did start to move toward finally, the other DPS Sorc decides to yank him towards it with Extrication. Now if some of you don't know, Extrication pulls a friendly target toward you and lowers their threat.

Yes that's right, he lowered the threat of the tank. And guess what happened? The boss immediately turns on the sorc and stays on him for a few seconds (tank's taunt was on CD added to the fact he was lagging by 2-3 seconds). The sorc doesn't bother moving himself towards the generator in the mean time, and the boss does his smash attack nowhere near it. It kills the sorc. The sandstorm continues unabated, making it hard for the healer to keep up with. We eventually end up wiping all thanks to this retarded dps sorc.

I call him out on what he did and asked him why he did it. He states,"I didn't know that move lowered someone's threat". /doubletake......this is a max level Sorc with 72/78 gear and 35k health. And he didn't know that ability lowered a target's threat? It says what it does in the freaking tooltip!!!! I ask him how he didn't know it did that before now, and he immediately gets extremely defensive and starts calling me a ******* and tells me to back off. Of course his healer guildie jumps to his side and starts laying into me, calling me an elitist ******e and that I should lighten up. At no point did I call them names or was I rude to them. Was just trying to figure out how this guy didn't know the basic concepts of his class and had gotten that far into the game.

Needless to say, the healer ended up initiating a vote kick on me, which the sorc obviously seconded and for some weird reason the tank also agreed too!?!?! Even though I had done nothing wrong, and I wasn't even the reason for the wipe. So I did what any DPS who has been wronged should do, right before I got booted from the FP, I pulled the boss again and then teleported out so they had to 3 man the boss with no hope of getting someone before they inevitably wiped again.

I hate it when people get that far and geared into a game and still know nothing of the basic concepts of their class. And it's even worse when their ineptitude is encouraged and reinforced by their friends/guildies.

Edited by Zephana

[...]

I hate it when people get that far and geared into a game and still know nothing of the basic concepts of their class. And it's even worse when their ineptitude is encouraged and reinforced by their friends/guildies.

Like I said before:

Guild runs for me (with me as the de rigueur PuG derps-er) have had highly mixed results, and ^^that^^ is usually why.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. Or in SW: tOR, even in small groups!

Hey, I guess bads have the same right to play with their bad-friends, just like everyone else. The end-point of the egalitarian ideal, in action!

Hey guys! Sorry for off topic question. But to avoid me as being everything you guys say in this thread I was wondering if anyone knows any site or YT videos where you could see lvl 50-55 FP and operations walkthroughs? I'm new to this high level stuff and I don't like queueing if I don't know what to do in FP and Operations! :)

Hey guys! Sorry for off topic question. But to avoid me as being everything you guys say in this thread I was wondering if anyone knows any site or YT videos where you could see lvl 50-55 FP and operations walkthroughs? I'm new to this high level stuff and I don't like queueing if I don't know what to do in FP and Operations! :)

Hello, did you check Dulfy.net? There are plenty of guides, also use the search box there.

Here is just a tiny example of the Hammer station flashpoint (Hardmode)

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/09/swtor-hardmode-hammer-station-flashpoint-guide/

You can check the rest on her site.

Edited by Vodamin

Mostly "melee" sages on low level bracket. Its fun to watch.

Also people who just leave without a word.

Nothing really memorable.

What do you suppose they do when they are low on Force, and they don't have noble sacrifice yet? :p

What do you suppose they do when they are low on Force, and they don't have noble sacrifice yet? :p

Maybe he's referring to ones who use both saber strike and double strike.

That said, I think it may be correct to use double strike at sufficiently low levels (like in esseles) as a dps sage. You'd have to make a new sage to check the tooltip at level 10-12 or so, but it's possible double strike is better than disturbance as filler at low enough levels. Also, it's an instant cast, so you could use it to finish off mobs if your project is on cooldown.

All I hear from people is how bad pugs are. I've never had a hard time while pugging and always seem to have the worst luck in groups when it comes to imps.

Anyway, yesterday I ran 16 man Dread Palace SM on my Juggernaut. We wiped several times due to it being a first run for some of the members (who apparently love to stand in glowy red circles). But all in all went pretty well for my experiences with imps. However, we did have a marauder that tended to stand around and do nothing. He was in full 78/72's. On Calphayus we always had to have a sorc pull him to the portal or else he wouldn't come, he'd pull trash mobs while tanks were well behind. Basically he just followed the rules of being a marauder. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=671988

Anyway, we get to Raptus and explain how the fights work for the newcomers. Start fighting and all is going well until we get to the challenges. While I'm in the dps challenge I get a chat message where the healers are freaking out wondering why the previously mentioned marauder was in the healing challenge. And he didn't just do it the first time but the second time as well. But even with that by some miracle we managed to pass the challenges. Needless to say though... Raptus was not impressed.

And no, we didn't even attempt Dread Council.

While I'm in the dps challenge I get a chat message where the healers are freaking out wondering why the previously mentioned marauder was in the healing challenge. And he didn't just do it the first time but the second time as well. But even with that by some miracle we managed to pass the challenges. Needless to say though... Raptus was not impressed.

And no, we didn't even attempt Dread Council.

Hmm well, tbh ..... the challenge in 16 man SM is actually to FAIL the dps check. I would hardly call it a miracle. Heck, for some fun I took the tank crystal and went in to do the tankchallenge on my sentinel instead. Just popped some cooldowns and passed the challenge without issues.

Not saying here that your marauder was trolling too. Seems like he was kinda clueless (which is a bad thing imo).

A short story of my own:

Sometimes I joinup with 1 or 2 guildies/friends of mine to do random fp's. Its really amazing how many times I see people who act quite rude or try to ninja loot. If I were them I would be carefull since a votekick only needs 2 people to pass.

In our case we kicked a sentinel since he thought it was a good idea to roll need on blackmarket gear for his companion. He asked it the 1st time and we didnt disagree. We would most likely use it for a comp or vendor it anyway. At the 2nd boss he again rolled need on it (obviously for his comp again). I whispered him about it and asked him to greed from now on. Got the response back 'Than roll need on it yourself too'. :confused:

Edited by fire-breath