New Feature Request: Crew Skill App for Android.

jrwizzard

I couldn't find a good place to submit this request, so I thought I would post it here, get some feedback, and maybe an op would see it and put it in the right place for me.

I want an App for Android/iphone that will allow me to manage my crew skills eg send them on missions, and craft things.

It should sync with the security app so i dont have to switch back and forth to enter the key.

maybe another incentive for those that use a security key?

I couldn't agree more with this suggestion. I had a similar idea the other day and was looking for a spot in game to make the suggestion (seems like enhancement ideas is an commission from the in game help system). Give us a crafting / mission app!

I couldn't find a good place to submit this request, so I thought I would post it here, get some feedback, and maybe an op would see it and put it in the right place for me.

I want an App for Android/iphone that will allow me to manage my crew skills eg send them on missions, and craft things.

It should sync with the security app so i dont have to switch back and forth to enter the key.

maybe another incentive for those that use a security key?

So you want to do crew skills while not in the game? Basically power level up your crafting?

I wouldn't exactly call that fair. I doubt it would ever be implemented.

So you want to do crew skills while not in the game? Basically power level up your crafting?

I wouldn't exactly call that fair. I doubt it would ever be implemented.

i dont see it as power levelling, for those already at 400 skill they would just be gathering, its the equivalent of login on every hour or so just to send out your crew, if your at work/whatever this is not practical

this app would stop the time you would waste sending/managing crew tasks so you can focus on actual gameplay

even if your not at 400 skill i still dont see it as power levelling because you are better of right clicking nodes while sending your crew out to maximise your return

As you would be sending out your crew to do missions and/or crafting items while you were not ingame. You wouldn't be earning any Credits to pay for the missions.

It would be like signing on and sending them out while on the job without running the risk of being fired for doing so.

I don't see a real problem with this.

As you would be sending out your crew to do missions and/or crafting items while you were not ingame. You wouldn't be earning any Credits to pay for the missions.

It would be like signing on and sending them out while on the job without running the risk of being fired for doing so.

I don't see a real problem with this.

Not everyone has an iPhone/Android? And this puts them at a substantial disadvantage in terms of crafting output?

It's just silly. I have an Android phone and I don't want this feature because I don't think it's fair for people who don't have a smartphone. If it was Windows Phone 7 only, would you guys still support it?

Edited by Soshla

Not everyone has an iPhone/Android? And this puts them at a substantial disadvantage in terms of crafting output?

It's just silly. I have an Android phone and I don't want this feature because I don't think it's fair for people who don't have a smartphone. If it was Windows Phone 7 only, would you guys still support it?

Not everyone runs the game on a widescreen monitor or has a gamepad/gaming mouse either. WoW has the mobile armory that you can pay to access the Auction House with: I don't think that what the OP proposes is out of line.

Not everyone runs the game on a widescreen monitor or has a gamepad/gaming mouse either. WoW has the mobile armory that you can pay to access the Auction House with: I don't think that what the OP proposes is out of line.

The mobile armory app doesn't let you gather mats or craft goods either. So bringing it up is pointless.

If we were talking about GTN access on the phone, that would be a worthwhile point.

it does cost credits to do missions, and you wouldnt be able to use what the missions gathered until you logged in and accepted it on the reward popup. You also wouldnt be able to reverse engineer what you made, so there still is limitations.

To say this is not fair because you dont have an android phone would be like me saying it isnt fair that i have to work and cant play 16 hours a day like some.

i just thought it would be a cool tool/toy for us, and maybe a perk for those that use a security key on there phone.

it does cost credits to do missions, and you wouldnt be able to use what the missions gathered until you logged in and accepted it on the reward popup. You also wouldnt be able to reverse engineer what you made, so there still is limitations.

To say this is not fair because you dont have an android phone would be like me saying it isnt fair that i have to work and cant play 16 hours a day like some.

i just thought it would be a cool tool/toy for us, and maybe a perk for those that use a security key on there phone.

I don't think it has a lot to do with it being 'unfair'.

The ultimate goal of sub MMOs is gathering as many people as possible and making them play for as long as possible. By having a 3rd party app that takes AWAY a significant chunk of the gameplay time that players would otherwise spend online/in-game (hence shortening the content lifespan) makes little or no sense from the company's business point of view.

At least not in near future. (And when it does happen, be prepared to pay/subscribe to the service)

Edited by MilkPudding

Maybe instead of a cell phone app to gather resources they can have extended missions. Missions that take 4-6 hours and return with a larger quantity of resources. Also make it that either these missions couldn't fail, or it is based on iterations so that one failure wouldn't mean you get nothing unless you failed on all of the iterations.

Make a webapp for it too then.

I don't think it has a lot to do with it being 'unfair'.

The ultimate goal of sub MMOs is gathering as many people as possible and making them play for as long as possible. By having a 3rd party app that takes AWAY a significant chunk of the gameplay time that players would otherwise spend online/in-game (hence shortening the content lifespan) makes little or no sense from the company's business point of view.

At least not in near future. (And when it does happen, be prepared to pay/subscribe to the service)

You still need an active subscription to do this. I think it might actually improve the game, since people will log in to actually play instead of sitting in carrick station sending out their pets.

See here's the deal. People who want to do this are going to do this regardless of whether or not there's a iphone/android app. They'll use remote desktop or some other method. All the app does is make this more convenient, and results in a higher level of customer satisfaction. It is in BW's best interest to add value for their customers.

Now if you want to debate how much value this adds to the overall game and the overall customer base, well that's a whole other deal.

Maybe instead of a cell phone app to gather resources they can have extended missions. Missions that take 4-6 hours and return with a larger quantity of resources. Also make it that either these missions couldn't fail, or it is based on iterations so that one failure wouldn't mean you get nothing unless you failed on all of the iterations.

That would be an awesome idea. Make 6 to 8 hours missions with great comeback resources.

Supposedly they said they were planning for apps sometime down the road. The time frame might have been up to a year after launch though. They'd need 2 development teams, one for android and one for iphone, but I agree. they really need a crew skills app for each platform.

In the meantime they need to allow you to queue crew skill missions like you can crafting items.

You can actually do this right now with an Iphone/ Ipad or Android, basically all your doing is remote controlling your home pc which of coarse needs to be up and running the game, any type of remote control software like VNC which is free can do this.

There is also some youtube videos of people doing this.

Edited by Stathor

I'm afraid I think this is an absolutely horrible idea. You should have to actually log in to play the game.

What I would like to see is a longer queue for crew skill assignments and, most importantly, an option to queue missions as well as crafting.

Yep first day I was damn I would pay 25$ a month for a subscription with crafting application access....

... then I flip flopped on this idea because it would flood the market. A lot of us with 50's are rolling with money... to much to be honest. We could send our companions out all day without making a dent. Especially those of us that took advantage of slicing. (I had my wife and my son slicing for me while I was at work and ended up sitting on 6 million credits). This influx of resources would drown the market making people who do not have access to a smart phone suffer.

So my vote is no ... and hell no out of respect for my fellow gamers who do not have access to a smart phone. Now you could also say that I took advantage similarly by slicing... and yes I did. I also believed it needed to be patched as well. And that 6 million credits has been feeding the market of my alts on both Imperial and Republic side of my server. So there is an upside.

I'm afraid I think this is an absolutely horrible idea. You should have to actually log in to play the game.

What I would like to see is a longer queue for crew skill assignments and, most importantly, an option to queue missions as well as crafting.

Why exactly is this horrible?

As someone who works full time, I have very little playtime, a couple hours a night at best. The only reason I was able to hit 50 was that I took vacation around the holidays. Being able to do some of the crew skilling at work through my iPhone would be fantastic. I fail to see how this would be an unfair advantage since the missions still cost credits and I would not be making any while I did this. And how would this be any different from someone that just stays on all day and sends their crew away (while being able to still make credits I might add)

I'm not sure I would like it tied to the security key app though (depending on implementation) since I have the physical Key for that.