SNIPER unfair offhand distribution (MK-1 Vibroknife)

Hi,

a lot of clases can buy an offhand for 50 black hole coms. Generator, Focus and Shields..... all the offhands which are not modifiable. Vibroknifes for a Sniper is just a stat-holder. No Sniper uses the knife because you must stand in melee range.

Where is i.e. this item?

Black Hole Targeter's MK-1 Vibroknife ; Added in Patch 1.2 ; 50 Black Hole Commendations

I worte a Ticket and i got this answer (in a short way)......" sorry we cannot tell you why there is no vibroknife for black hols coms.....we cannot give you a spoiler because that kills the gameplay...."

In a lot of different Databases MK-1 Vibroknifes exist, so have they been forgotten in 1.2 ???

Hi,

a lot of clases can buy an offhand for 50 black hole coms. Generator, Focus and Shields..... all the offhands which are not modifiable. Vibroknifes for a Sniper is just a stat-holder. No Sniper uses the knife because you must stand in melee range.

Where is i.e. this item?

Black Hole Targeter's MK-1 Vibroknife ; Added in Patch 1.2 ; 50 Black Hole Commendations

I worte a Ticket and i got this answer (in a short way)......" sorry we cannot tell you why there is no vibroknife for black hols coms.....we cannot give you a spoiler because that kills the gameplay...."

In a lot of different Databases MK-1 Vibroknifes exist, so have they been forgotten in 1.2 ???

I can't beileve they forgot that. Heres a bump for you!

• 2 weeks later...
No shotgun because you can swap barrels from OH to MH I am guessing, and no VK because agent mirrors smuggler.

Even if you could swap out the barrel, couldn't they code it, for it is tied to your Off-hand only; similar to the armourings being tied to the type of gear they were pulled out of?

Shotguns are the same like vibroknifes.

imperial agent = vibroknife

republic smuggler heal = shotgun

yes i think the point is that is use a vibroknife just as a stat-holder, for me it´s wayne that the knife has 200-350 (for example) melee dmg. i don´t use it as a sniper ^^

but an imp agent melee use it a lot, and i think that is the point.

btw the versions of MK-1 doesnt drop in denova, just MK-2 /MK-3 /MK-4 and Campagne Token.

So what i want is a vibroknife for 50 black hole comms as a stat holder for my sniper, like MK-1 shield generator or focus.

one night i talked via chat with the support and we will tell this to a special agent in the house....we will see...

Edited by Tamizuka

No!

Even for an operative it's just a stat stick. I have no idea why BW put a damage range or the "only used by special attacks"-note on vibroknifes and shotguns.

In fact it does the same as a generator or a focus: it adds tech/force power. You can actually use shiv and backstab without a vibroknife equiped.

• 2 months later...
No weapons can be bought from the BH/Campaign Vendor, shields focuses and generators can be.

All BH has a chance to random drop from kephess in EC story and all bosses in EC HM

Vibroknives and shotguns are offhand, non-moddable items, exactly like shields, focuses and generators are. So there is no reason at all for them to be removed from BH comms vendor.

Edited by Pirindolo

Vibroknives and shotguns are offhand, non-moddable items, exactly like shields, focuses and generators are. So there is no reason at all for them to be removed from BH comms vendor.

They are off hands yes but they are also weapons which is why you cannot get them with BH comms.

They are off hands yes but they are also weapons which is why you cannot get them with BH comms.

Well, as a healer, I could also use my shotgun as a hammer, ther would be no difference, your argument is irrelevant.

Sentinels don't have offhands either, I checked it yesterday, as I was looking for an offhand for my Scoundrel...

Frak !

Well, Sent/Mara offhand is just another saber. It would be too much of advantage over other classes to give the ability to buy the "offhand" and then move the hilt (which is what really matters ) to mainhand

Well, Sent/Mara offhand is just another saber. It would be too much of advantage over other classes to give the ability to buy the "offhand" and then move the hilt (which is what really matters ) to mainhand

Well it's simple : non-moddable offhands ...

We did Taral 5 HM and raghoul conflict Hm last night with 2 sages, 1 smuggler, 1 vanguard

Out of (i think 10?) total drops, 8 were smuggler, 1 sage and 1 trooper!!

BRUTAL......

Well cool story, bro !

Were any of these 8 loots a BH offhand ? :p