DVL Reset?

DarkLordSnake

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Looking through the achievements, I noticed the entire event of dark vs light has been all reset. I had it complete at 100%, anyone explain why it's been reset ?

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

Again, this will have no effect on you receiving your event rewards on Friday.

-eric

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

-eric

Awesome, thanks for the answer!

Looks like they are trolling the achievement hunters :D

Ummmm I did all eight classes for the achievement knowing that I wouldn't make the Legendary tier. This would have been really nice to know BEFORE the event started. It would have saved me a ton of time. This is one of those times where I wish we could use profanity here on the forums. It's OK, there are plenty of other places.

You have to be kidding .. so instead of showing it as 100% complete it gets set back to 0% ..

How about if "you should ever bring it back again" you put the one I just completed in Archive.

Amazing. You guys just go ahead and reset all my other 3 years worth of achivements why dont you... I guess I can always do them again ... Sigh ...

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future.

should we run it in the future.

In all seriousness though, I don't understand this decision. By the time you might want to run it again, half the achievements are going to be outdated anyway. And the choice of having the event be based on static achievements with forced new characters wasn't exactly welcomed warmly. Why would you guys be planning to repeat that fiasco?

I don't expect you to answer.

I'm just saying, like... wow. Do people keep the achievement points at least or were those wiped too? You know it's going to sting like hell for achievement hunters who went all the way to legendary.

-eric

Could we maybe have the achievements removed until you (maybe) bring it back in the future?

My OCD will thank you.

That's so WRONG that I just can't find any other words at the moment.

Such crazy disrespect and stupidness... :mad:

do you really think ANYONE from your old player base will participate in this again, with such a marvelous attitude from your side? but phew, old player base, what I'm talking here about..

Edited by Txornisx

-eric

That is not good enough, the amount of time invested in these Achievements should not be just wiped because your system doesn't allow it another way - you now have a lot of annoyed players on day 1 of your new expansion. Good Job.

Ummmm I did all eight classes for the achievement knowing that I wouldn't make the Legendary tier. This would have been really nice to know BEFORE the event started. It would have saved me a ton of time. This is one of those times where I wish we could use profanity here on the forums. It's OK, there are plenty of other places.

This.

The separation of class and crafting achievements out of tiers too really suggested that they can stand on their own.

I ALMOST didn't go to Legendary (I did eventually), but I really wanted to do the 8 classes, because I love original class story content (I know the achievement was about level, but I did it with class stories, the scenic route), and I am also an achievement hunter, so I would have wanted my achievements in my tab.

And also, it was nice seeing my Legendary status for all the one hour I could, thanks for taking it away. NOT.\

Fo haven's sake, there is enough space in that UI, if you want to do a Season 2 of DvL, archive this one and create a new. Newsflash, it will give you the ability to change and improve it, if wanted (as opposed to now).

I really hate all my achievements gone, that I worked so hard for.

I guess I should only blame myself, for believing you, to never do such a (obscene work here) thing. :mad:

Edited by Galahard

So instead of leaving those achievements for those that achievement hunt and on the off chance that you DO run the event again, you erased the achievements instead of creating new ones? Thats just wrong. How hard is it to create new achievements for a re-run of the event?

I busted my behind to get legendary achievements for that event and now I have nothing to show for it?

Wow. As an achievement hunter, I feel very strongly about this reset.

On the other hand, I am now somewhat glad that no one wanted to do HM FPs with me. That saved me dozens of hours for nothing (as I would have done that for the 100%, not for the rewards). ;)

Edit: I predict a return of the DvL event next summer. Same thing, just other rewards (or not).

Edited by JattaGin

So instead of leaving those achievements for those that achievement hunt and on the off chance that you DO run the event again, you erased the achievements instead of creating new ones? Thats just wrong. How hard is it to create new achievements for a re-run of the event?

I busted my behind to get legendary achievements for that event and now I have nothing to show for it?

I know quite a few that only done the event for the achievements and didn't care for the crates or the one thousandth companion.

It was an event. Event is over. Get over it. Achievements were only for the event.

Wrong.

Achievements have been achieved, taking them away makes them as they would have never happened.

This is rewriting history.

Having the same achievements (0) as the player who has done nothing, how is that fair or in any way making sense?

It was an event. Event is over. Get over it. Achievements were only for the event.
As far as I know, I still have the achievements from the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event and it ended most recently over a year ago.

No, they should have left these achievements (or at least converted them into a "2016" version) and then put in new ones if they ever run the event again.