Only 1 Matrix Cube can be crafted.

GreenLantern

Now I understand the idea behind this. Matrix Cubes are awesome relics and having multiples isn't fair, but the way it is implemented is fairly dumb. Classes like Marauder, Sentinel, and other Pure DPS classes with no other trees for tanking or healing aren't restricted by this because only 1 Matrix Cube that can be crafted by their class is viably useable by that class. On the other side of the coin is the hybrid classes who whenever they want to respec be it to a tank build for end game or a a PVP build, not only have to pay their respec cost, but now they have to run and buy a disassembler and rebuild a new cube. I don't understand why hybrid classes are required to do this when "Pure" classes aren't troubled with such burdens. Why not implement a way that only one cube can be equipped at a time so that hybrids can have their cubes readily available and aren't thrown under the bus while other classes sit pretty only needing to ever make one lvl 50 cube in their existance?

Now I understand the idea behind this. Matrix Cubes are awesome relics and having multiples isn't fair, but the way it is implemented is fairly dumb. Classes like Marauder, Sentinel, and other Pure DPS classes with no other trees for tanking or healing aren't restricted by this because only 1 Matrix Cube that can be crafted by their class is viably useable by that class. On the other side of the coin is the hybrid classes who whenever they want to respec be it to a tank build for end game or a a PVP build, not only have to pay their respec cost, but now they have to run and buy a disassembler and rebuild a new cube. I don't understand why hybrid classes are required to do this when "Pure" classes aren't troubled with such burdens. Why not implement a way that only one cube can be equipped at a time so that hybrids can have their cubes readily available and aren't thrown under the bus while other classes sit pretty only needing to ever make one lvl 50 cube in their existance?

I agree.

I am absolutely baffled as to why people hate the fact that they have to make decisions in the game. People want to reap the benefits of everything without actually having to make a choice....

I dont think you understand what the OP is saying. Try reading something TWICE before you post.

You can have two matrix cubes equipped at the same time. You have to trick the game into letting you craft the second one though. The game does not recognize your cargo hold as being in your possession. Simply unquip the first matrix cube and place it in your cargo hold. Then go craft your second cube. return and you can equip both.

you can have two matrix cubes equipped at the same time. You have to trick the game into letting you craft the second one though. The game does not recognize your cargo hold as being in your possession. Simply unquip the first matrix cube and place it in your cargo hold. Then go craft your second cube. Return and you can equip both.

... you couldnt just leave it alone... now everyone is gonna know

Edited by SuperomegaOP

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

I am absolutely baffled as to why people hate the fact that they have to make decisions in the game. People want to reap the benefits of everything without actually having to make a choice....

exactly, why people hate think by themselves ? do we have to get everything forced into as in other MMO's ?

• 3 weeks later...

After playing many different MMOs for years, Ultima Online, Everquest, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings, and Rift, I find it annoying when play flexibility is limited and trying and exploring different character options is punishing, or even not allowed.

Games are so much better when you can just play them the way you want.

This game would be so much better if you could change your class specialization, if trying out different selections in skill trees wasn't progressively more punitive, if there were more places to respec, and if you could change to fill needed group roles within the abilities of the class.

All the roadblocks to doing this are just part of an artificial grind or restriction. Imposing them never made a game better.

In this specific case, having more flexibility (more than one matrix cube, only one at a time applied) would be a good thing for players.

As one of those Sentinels, I would like to counter. I'd gladly let you have two cubes if I could have a tanking or healing tree. Hell, any form of self-healing would be grand. I wish I'd rolled Guardian, seeing as the DPS spec Guards get out DPSes and out tanks any of the Sentinel trees.

Lobby for Sentinels getting some love, and I'll lobby for multiple cube construction. Deal?

As one of those Sentinels, I would like to counter. I'd gladly let you have two cubes if I could have a tanking or healing tree. Hell, any form of self-healing would be grand. I wish I'd rolled Guardian, seeing as the DPS spec Guards get out DPSes and out tanks any of the Sentinel trees.

Lobby for Sentinels getting some love, and I'll lobby for multiple cube construction. Deal?

This isn't the proper topic for discussing Sentinels and any issues they may or may not have.

That said, I just now tried to put the matrix cube in my cargo hold and it would not let me, ergo I can not craft more than one matrix cube.

And in response to the OP, I agree: Allow us to craft as many as we want, but make them unique-equipped (so that you can only have one granting you any kind of bonus at a time), allowing us to switch out which cube is applicable for our current role. It took hours to acquire all the parts, allow us to use what we spent so much time acquiring.

• 2 weeks later...

I can only speak from a BH perspective, but our lvl 50 matrix cubes give us one option for our Powertech AC and one for Merc AC (or DPS powertech). Even though a Merc could spec DPS or heals, only the one option would be useful.

Are other classes getting more than 2 lvl 50 cube choices?

it's called consequences to making your choice. you call it "lack of flexibility" which translates into "i can't do whatever i want whenever i want."

this isn't school- choices have consequences, and you can fail.

the consequence of your advance class hoping is a higher respec cost and the necessity of remaking your matrix.

you want to respec for everything you do? consequence. you can do it, it just costs something. big whoop.

it's called consequences to making your choice. you call it "lack of flexibility" which translates into "i can't do whatever i want whenever i want."

the consequence of your advance class hoping is a higher respec cost and the necessity of remaking your matrix.

you want to respec for everything you do? consequence. you can do it, it just costs something. big whoop.

What's wrong with just making them unique-equipped, how does that imbalance the game? if the game is not imbalanced by a quality-of-life change, then why not change it?

You don't get it. there's nothing restricting him to actually go and reassemble it when he wants to respec. the fact that he has to go through alot of extra crap to do so gives it a "lack of flexibility" as they called it.

It was these kind of changes that kept people playing wow for so long, yes they've done things that people disagree with but I see none loosing if this thing would change, just that the tanks wouldn't have to go to tatooine and kass just to change one thing. heck, give them a 8k higher cost to respec if they're level 50 and voila, guildies won't have to wait that extra 15 minutes for their tank.

You don't get it. there's nothing restricting him to actually go and reassemble it when he wants to respec. the fact that he has to go through alot of extra crap to do so gives it a "lack of flexibility" as they called it.

It was these kind of changes that kept people playing wow for so long, yes they've done things that people disagree with but I see none loosing if this thing would change, just that the tanks wouldn't have to go to tatooine and kass just to change one thing. heck, give them a 8k higher cost to respec if they're level 50 and voila, guildies won't have to wait that extra 15 minutes for their tank.

so there's nothing preventing it, he just wants to do it his way, right now. sounds to me like I get it just fine.

so there's nothing preventing it, he just wants to do it his way, right now. sounds to me like I get it just fine.

That's why it's a lack of flexibility and not "i can't do whatever i want whenever i want" because yes he can do it, it's just a pain in the *** and none would loose if it actually were easier.

This isn't the proper topic for discussing Sentinels and any issues they may or may not have.

That said, I just now tried to put the matrix cube in my cargo hold and it would not let me, ergo I can not craft more than one matrix cube.

And in response to the OP, I agree: Allow us to craft as many as we want, but make them unique-equipped (so that you can only have one granting you any kind of bonus at a time), allowing us to switch out which cube is applicable for our current role. It took hours to acquire all the parts, allow us to use what we spent so much time acquiring.

I think the response that giving hybrid classes that kind of flexibility is bad for the classes that are pure dps or tanking is a valid reason not to do it.

Why would I go though the trouble of trying to keep both my merc healer and sniper dps geared if I can push a button and have the merc healer be just as good at DPS? That's the problem I have with these threads calling for making changing spec easier, they really badly diminish the viability of the pure classes a lot. Of course people don't stop and think about how a change like this would affect the entire game only how it will make their lives easier.

If Bioware makes changing specs easy they need to make the pure DPS and Tanking classes far and away the best at their specific role to compensate for it. Anything less relegates those classes to obscurity.

You can have two matrix cubes equipped at the same time. You have to trick the game into letting you craft the second one though. The game does not recognize your cargo hold as being in your possession. Simply unquip the first matrix cube and place it in your cargo hold. Then go craft your second cube. return and you can equip both.

They must have stealth fixed this because it won't let me drop my current cube into my cargo hold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zacarius-

They must have stealth fixed this because it won't let me drop my current cube into my cargo hold.

or good trolls are good.

Edited by CrazyValheru

Having to buy an item to disassemble the cube is the dumbest thing ever.

I was on Dromund Kaas and decided to change my cube. I first had to travel to hoth to get the red shard, just about able to as a level 37. Then I went back to dromund kaas, traveled all the way to the cave (because for reasons unknown, the flight paths between the spaceport and the temple are NOT connected) and then when I tried to disassemble the cube I got a message about a missing power core!

So after some digging around on the net I found out I have to travel to another planet and spend 8k credits on an item to use. It makes no sense to have this feature, none. It's just another way to get us to travel. Hate travelling? Just wait until you get to Belsavis.

Edited by Monkeypuzzle

I can kinda deal with only wearing one cube, I can even begrudgingly deal with all the bother of getting a Disassembler Core and then going to remake my cube. What annoyed me was finding I now had a 'Burned Out Disassembler Core' in my inventory, so I have to buy a new one? Putting all these artificial hurdles in my way does not add 'challenge' or depth, it adds frustration and irritation to my experience. A well thought out challenge rewards you with a mountain top sense of accomplishment rather than a 'was this worth it?' feeling of anticlimax caused by loosing sight of the goal in the long winded process.