A question of speed...

Flashwitt

I have unlocked speeder pilot V, and yet, whether I'm on my tauntaun, harvester, or snowcat, others around me seem to zoom by, as if I were in slow motion. I'm not on walk, and I have sprinting enabled, so what gives? Is there some other speed boost out there I am failing to take advantage of?

It's probably due to lag (latency) and processing speed of your pc. Try turning down some settings to improve your game performance.

That had occurred to me, but it seems to be the case even when my fps is at a solid 60. Also, I encounter latency now and then, it tends to stall me or stick me in place, (rubberbanding,) but it never seems to just make me move slower. Still, I could absolutely be mistaken. Thanks for the reply!

I have unlocked speeder pilot V, and yet, whether I'm on my tauntaun, harvester, or snowcat, others around me seem to zoom by, as if I were in slow motion. I'm not on walk, and I have sprinting enabled, so what gives? Is there some other speed boost out there I am failing to take advantage of?

On most planets players will zoom pass you on the map along specific routes when they taxi. Taxi is always a lot faster than mount.

That had occurred to me, but it seems to be the case even when my fps is at a solid 60. Also, I encounter latency now and then, it tends to stall me or stick me in place, (rubberbanding,) but it never seems to just make me move slower. Still, I could absolutely be mistaken. Thanks for the reply!

FPS and Latency aren't the same. You could be pushing 60+ FPS, but your latency could be 300ms+. So someone with, say 40ms, is going to appear faster.

You can check the latency by hovering the little "staircase" looking icon on your mini-map.

You didn't say where you're located, so I'm assuming it's a latency issue.

Or you're seeing the taxis zooming past as mentioned, if it's not other players on actual mounts.