It really does make no sence...

Unchainedboar

You also have every right to be the ******** on the internet that everyone despises. You're seriously upset that you don't know which day of FIVE DAMN DAYS you get early access? Seriously? I bet you get butthurt at restaurants if they don't give you an ETA on your food. If you make twice as much as the cost in an hour of working, why is it such a big deal to you?

Thanks for bringing up the restaurants. If you're made to wait, regardless of the reasoning behind it. Having been a manager of a restaurant, your offered a 25% discount instantly, and if that's not accepted you buy the table. You know, because successful restaurants are founded on customer satisfaction. Just because your to scared to stand up for yourself in a restaurant when the service your paying for is not being met. Doesn't make me a bad person, it makes a person that doesn't get walked all over in life.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they don't know.

You will know when they know. It's that simple.

They also didn't have to give early access at all so why are so many people moaning about this?

Completely agree with your last statement. And not only have they given us early access to begin with, they added a whole TWO extra days!! And I've seen people ************ that they didn't get in in the first 2 hours :rolleyes:

Early access was a sales point and was advertised/promised when buying so yes they have to give early access. The way their handling it on the other hand leaves much to be desired in my opinion.

They have to make sure that the server can handle a small amount of people..

Early access was a sales point and was advertised/promised when buying so yes they have to give early access. The way their handling it on the other hand leaves much to be desired in my opinion.

He meant that they didn't have to give it in the first place, dude. Get out of that box of yours.

It's being gated so that we don't have 300.000 people trying to kill the same 20 mobs in the early levels. Think about it and it makes sense. The way that they are doing it really is the only fair way to gate the early access. Can you imagine the ************/moaning if it were just opened up to this many people at once?

They can't win, whichever way they go. Someone will always be upset. We'll all be playing within 7 days... I can't wait, but I will :)

its about caution, if they would acctually say "you may enter the game at 14th december for EGA". and then something would go wrong with the servers so you acctually wouldnt be able to enter, I can safely presume you wouldnt be so happy since they couldnt keep their promise.

since they atm dont promise anyone access a specific date, they dont have any promises to keep.except that you may recive "up to 5 days early access".

why they cant tell us when we will be getting in so i dont have to sit here waiting...

ik i dont have to blah blah

Basically they're letting groups of people in and seeing how the servers handle the load and where people are at level wise. Then they let more people in slowly and do the same thing. So they have no clue when someone who preordered on your date will enter.

It's being gated so that we don't have 300.000 people trying to kill the same 20 mobs in the early levels. Think about it and it makes sense. The way that they are doing it really is the only fair way to gate the early access. Can you imagine the ************/moaning if it were just opened up to this many people at once?

They can't win, whichever way they go. Someone will always be upset. We'll all be playing within 7 days... I can't wait, but I will :)

Actually when you consider the number of servers AND the fact that they create "copies" of the busy areas...that's really not alot of people.

Totkjal said it but i'll answer anyway..

I meant they didn't have to offer it in the first place. It's not in with the price of the game, people that won't pre order will pay the same as us so we didn't pay any more to get in the game early.

But not only was early access offered but it was increased by 2 days, yet people are whining.

If they had let everyone in and the servers crashed, people would be whining.

Long story short, people will whine no matter what happens.

Unhelpful comment but deal with it. They won't go any faster and it will just lead to people making snarky comments back at the folk complaining.

Actually when you consider the number of servers AND the fact that they create "copies" of the busy areas...that's really not alot of people.

Yeah but several people killing the same mob isn't the reason for EGA. That's why they have shards, or "copying" as you call it.

EGA is for the servers mainly. They have feelings too, you know.

You are thinking about old school MMORPG designs. SWTOR supports multiple instances for the same area. For example, there could be 10-20+ instances of Hutta to keep players divided up.

Totkjal said it but i'll answer anyway..

I meant they didn't have to offer it in the first place. It's not in with the price of the game, people that won't pre order will pay the same as us so we didn't pay any more to get in the game early.

But not only was early access offered but it was increased by 2 days, yet people are whining.

If they had let everyone in and the servers crashed, people would be whining.

Long story short, people will whine no matter what happens.

Unhelpful comment but deal with it. They won't go any faster and it will just lead to people making snarky comments back at the folk complaining.

No where does he whine about the time. Perhaps you should learn to read. Asking for a notice, in a business world, is not unheard of.

The way they handle it leads to 'false advertising with fraud suspicion'.

But we all know how it is.

Yeah but several people killing the same mob isn't the reason for EGA. That's why they have shards, or "copying" as you call it.

EGA is for the servers mainly. They have feelings too, you know.

Oh, i understand.

There's 106 servers at my last count. Just seems the numbers given early access so far is pretty paltry at best. What was the point of stressing the servers over the Weekend Beta tests if they're just going to play it safe?

No where does he whine about the time. Perhaps you should learn to read. Asking for a notice, in a business world, is not unheard of.

He never said he was whining about time, but that people were.

What he wants to say is that the EGA isn't something they had to offer us in the first place, so be happy.

If someone gives you a present, and it turns out to just be a silly blanket you can't get mad, cus you weren't even supposed to get anything in the first place.

That's the bottom line.

I shall aim the same "reading" comment back at you fella.

No where did I accuse him personally of whining.

I said "people" will whine which is what they have been doing since the forums came up and over on Twitter.

The way they handle it leads to 'false advertising with fraud suspicion'.

But we all know how it is.

That's how the business bureau labeled it when I contacted them. They have received many complaints. 'The law UP TO' does not cover when money changes hand. As soon as they took a payment, the word UP TO means nothing. They have an obligation to define out the terms of the contract. This includes date and times of condition. The agency didn't think being told a time frame over a week was proper. I made my peace. If enough complain, Bioware will have to make theres.