Odessen BG sniper> has red mod > roll > entrench... GG nothing u can do

BillyMayesHere

there is actually no counter play for a sniper with the red mod coming into your node and entrenching off the roll ..

sniper starts casting red mod and u can have the majority of the team there but there is nothing they can do.. no cc.. no interrupt.. nothing.. just try to 100-0 the sniper b4 the cast goes off.... LOL but with all the miss/absorb/deflect u cant even 100-0 the sniper with 5+ all on one node in the cast time of the red mod......

some suggestions for improvement

1) the cast time of red could be increased so that there is a window out of entrench for some type of counter play ie interrupt/stun

2) make red mod not castable while in "cover" - this would solve the sniper issue imo.. if a sniper can not be in cover to cast the mod then they can not be entranced.. even if off a roll when a sniper leaves the cover the temp entrench buff would wear off b4 the cast ended if the sniper had to stand and not be in cover after the roll (to cast the red mod)

it is just not a very fun or good experience to see a class have just a "win " mode where he can roll/entrench into an entire team and just shut off the node with out any type of counterplay

Honestly, I don't think its a big deal. Since grabbing a red is totally random, it's not like you can abuse the mechanic. Plus, trying to cast a red as anything other then a sniper is down right impossible, with so many stuns and interupts the odds of shutting down a node is pretty slim, assuming theres alot of people there to defend.

I mean it's not like the sniper is gonna farm reds all game and just shut down nodes. It's part of the map mechanic to make sniper a tad bit more valuable in a already messy WZ map.

can we just ask bioware to remove odessen from the game instead

lol its not my fav either.. also I do not feel that there needs to be any changes to the sniper's entrench but rather changes to how the red is cast..

tho my slinger is still lvl 65 I did main him once and understand that entrench is a very valuable defensive cd in both pvp and pve .. so I try to suggest changing the mods themselves not the sniper class

Edited by BillyMayesHere

Honestly, I don't think its a big deal. Since grabbing a red is totally random, it's not like you can abuse the mechanic. Plus, trying to cast a red as anything other then a sniper is down right impossible, with so many stuns and interupts the odds of shutting down a node is pretty slim, assuming theres alot of people there to defend.

I mean it's not like the sniper is gonna farm reds all game and just shut down nodes. It's part of the map mechanic to make sniper a tad bit more valuable in a already messy WZ map.

You know you can pass mods to other teammates, right?

So the guy with the red passes to a sniper. 1+1=2.

Just because there are random elements doesn't make it a balanced experience.

there is actually no counter play for a sniper with the red mod coming into your node and entrenching off the roll ..

sniper starts casting red mod and u can have the majority of the team there but there is nothing they can do.. no cc.. no interrupt.. nothing.. just try to 100-0 the sniper b4 the cast goes off.... LOL but with all the miss/absorb/deflect u cant even 100-0 the sniper with 5+ all on one node in the cast time of the red mod......

some suggestions for improvement

1) the cast time of red could be increased so that there is a window out of entrench for some type of counter play ie interrupt/stun

2) make red mod not castable while in "cover" - this would solve the sniper issue imo.. if a sniper can not be in cover to cast the mod then they can not be entranced.. even if off a roll when a sniper leaves the cover the temp entrench buff would wear off b4 the cast ended if the sniper had to stand and not be in cover after the roll (to cast the red mod)

it is just not a very fun or good experience to see a class have just a "win " mode where he can roll/entrench into an entire team and just shut off the node with out any type of counterplay

yes there is a counter, it's from another sniper/Gunslinger...Diversion.

and you reply with: " but we dont have another sniper/gunslinger to counter him."

So as soon as you see the sniper roll in and start to deactivate, how much time do you spend unloading on him even though you know you cant stop him? Maybe leaving the node immediately to try for one of theirs or secure a mod on respawn would be more proactive? Unless your team isnt interested in objective play and would rather death match.

I just started season 7 of Walking Dead on Netflix the other day..................crazy.

yes there is a counter, it's from another sniper/Gunslinger...Diversion.

and you reply with: " but we dont have another sniper/gunslinger to counter him."

So as soon as you see the sniper roll in and start to deactivate, how much time do you spend unloading on him even though you know you cant stop him? Maybe leaving the node immediately to try for one of theirs or secure a mod on respawn would be more proactive? Unless your team isnt interested in objective play and would rather death match.

I just started season 7 of Walking Dead on Netflix the other day..................crazy.

So, the solution, or balance as it were, is to either have more snipers then they do, or to give up the node, and the points, and run and find a different node and hope the sniper with the red mod doesn't follow you.

I think you must work at Bioware Austin.

So, the solution, or balance as it were, is to either have more snipers then they do, or to give up the node, and the points, and run and find a different node and hope the sniper with the red mod doesn't follow you.

I think you must work at Bioware Austin.

you dont get it...if a sniper rolls in and entrenches with a red mod...you dont have a choice but to lose the node unless you have a sniper/GS with diversion off CD to counter. I think strategy is beyond you...keep face tanking for numbers.

you dont get it...if a sniper rolls in and entrenches with a red mod...you dont have a choice but to lose the node unless you have a sniper/GS with diversion off CD to counter. I think strategy is beyond you...keep face tanking for numbers.

That's not strategy, and that's the point. It's not about thinking ahead, or being good at playing objectives. It's whomever has the most of the op advanced classes wins. It's about certain class mechanics translating directly into warzone mechanics, which shouldn't happen.

If you honestly think that a sniper's interrupt immunity should apply to anything outside agent/sniper abilities, then you should probably have your special needs caretaker read through your posts before you hit the submit button.

Pretty clear you are a troll, or you don't get it. Keep trying to defend the indefensible.