Hard Mode Revan

we had plenty of attempts where he was sub 5%ed during noncasts and he still bugged. i dont have any other vids, but even the one where we did get our loot he was channeling meteor sky fall thingy when he went into it, and it worked. Edited by Syynn

we have 10hrs + attempts on him, seems like everyone his having trouble with the force lightning. has anyone else experienced where he bubbles himself and keeps killing the group?

You spent 10 HOURS on Revan HM? That is completely absurd.

It's not that hard. Get your interrupt sorted, get your tank to use defensive CDs at the right time, have your healer dps, and blast away.

Revan HM is farmable.

Edited by Redmarx

You spent 10 HOURS on Revan HM? That is completely absurd.

It's not that hard. Get your interrupt sorted, get your tank to use defensive CDs at the right time, have your healer dps, and blast away.

Revan HM is farmable.

you clearly havent read anything that i wrote. we survived the force lightning almost every single time, but then he bugged out and stayed in the bubble and kept killing us every single time. we don't have a tank and if you watch my video farther up we're running 3 dps 1 healer setup in every single one of our hardmodes. surviving more then 2 force lightning is not an option for us at all. besides we killed him now anyways, and i dont have a problem with the force lightning, its fine, the problem we had is he kept *********** staying in the bubble NO MATTER WHEN WE PUSHED HIM BELOW 5%.

If you are getting the bug where he stays in the bubble you simple all need to stop attacking him and he will transition into the end of the fight. We encountered this on both normal and hardmodes and work on both. Hope this helps.

As a tank just turned 50, with some champion gear already and 50 mods kit - immortal spec I have 16.5k health. Its not alot, however, it should be enough to tank the fp, which it is, and deal with revan, which it is, untill the exact same thing op posted happens and group gets owned by one shot.

Wait a second. Why are you in pvp gear? Does it give you enough damage mitigation and avoidance?

My BH in PVE gear has 13% Defense Chance, 40% Shield Chance, 40% Absorption, and 48% damage reduction from armor. I suspect PvP gear does not give such high mitigation.

Wait a second. Why are you in pvp gear? Does it give you enough damage mitigation and avoidance?

My BH in PVE gear has 13% Defense Chance, 40% Shield Chance, 40% Absorption, and 48% damage reduction from armor. I suspect PvP gear does not give such high mitigation.

pvp gear is fine for pve.

At 40% burn your cds, stay in the storm he casts and dps him down. After that, start to do psychic interrupts, to interrupt him on first tick. Really, that works well.

When he starts with meteors, keep dpsing - but the harder part is the lightning phase ;)

btw.: Revan > Malgus in terms of electricity. ***.

Pop dps cooldowns after lightning storm when he reaches about 40% and interrupt lightning as soon as possible.

I did it just fine on my powertech tank, pretty scary when you sudden drop down to 20% or so after each lightning but the boss isn't really difficult at all. Overtuned maybe but not difficult. Been farming him for a few days now, so it's definitely not impossible either.

At 40% burn your cds, stay in the storm he casts and dps him down. After that, start to do psychic interrupts, to interrupt him on first tick. Really, that works well.

When he starts with meteors, keep dpsing - but the harder part is the lightning phase ;)

btw.: Revan > Malgus in terms of electricity. ***.

We do this without the "psychic interrupts" - our tank eats the first tick with CDs. After that, he starts his rock phase and does not bother us again with this ability.

Apparently not according to this thread.

The difference between Columni and Champion gear for Juggernaut's is a difference of roughly 10 endurance and 10 strength for 30 expertise, per piece.

You sacrifice absolutely no mitigation wearing pvp gear over pve gear.

• 2 weeks later...
tbh isnt hardmode suposed to be HARD... learn 2 interrupt ,)

Honestly it isn't even about the interrupt, it is about the RNG involved and the reaction time.

You have no idea when Revan will do force lighting, all you know its that he will do it after his first force storm. Since the defensive CDs are only active for a couple seconds, you really have no idea when it is a good idea to pop it other than taking an arbitary (35%) for us and then hope for the best.

If you do survive the first tick of lighting, that is great. You better hope that someone hit that interrupt the moment he/she see a cast bar Revan. Cuz if no one caught that, the next tick will kill the tank and then Revan will switch and immediately kill the next.. and the person after that.

Even if you do manage interrupt it, you better hope there is a 2nd person with an interrupt active for when Revan recast his Force lighting 4 seconds later. Since no one can survive the first tick, Revan will bring someone down before his 2nd cast gets interrupted.

Then if your DPS is good enough, you will bring him to the metor phase and for the rest of the fight is seeing if you can burn him down fast enough to 5% and then can all stop DPS so he doesn't bug out and kill people with the bubble on him.

PvP gear is infact fine for tanking HM's I'm pretty much fullclad pvp tank set and I'm perfectly fine even Tanked op's

39% dmg resistance

26% def

30% shield (Becomes 45% while dark ward's up...and its up alot)

40% absorb

The main things you'd lose in pvp gear is the lil bit of extra endurance and possibly hit. (i'm on 19.5k hp atm)

Back on topic however, He is clearly bugged I got hit for the first tick at 40k. was livable as a sin tank when you wait 10secs after the force storm thing then pop force shroud, and interupt asap.

(Your Next problem though is if he bugs out and becomes immune to everything :p)

The lighting is not random been doing this boss for awhile with a Jugg tank. The first tick of his lighting is instant all the following ones can be interrupted and have to be interrupted.

After he sucks you in he starts to channel force storm. 10 sec after he is done channeling he will do a instant cast lighting. The Jugg tank I run with uses his health increase and 45% damage reducing cd and I shield him with static barrier at 7-8 sec. You then interrupt all the lightings and burn him before he channels another force storm and one shots the tank. But every time I have run this the instant cast lighting he does is always at 10 sec after he has finished channeling force storm.

Edited by Defcom

Some facts about this encounter:

- AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME REVAN IS DOABLE.

- You need tank with decent gear that can pop his cooldowns to survive one tick of force lightning. Force lightning is casted somewhere between 35% and 30% of Revan's heath. If your tank dies, instant CR him.

- You need instant interrupt on the above mentioned ability so it only ticks once.

- You need very strong DPS that can burn him down from 35% - save your cooldowns for this time, with weak DPS you can't beat Revan.

- That being said, FIGHT IS BUGGED.

- When you "kill" Revan and he pops his shield that makes him immune to all incoming DMG, he still attacks players and one shots them. This should be the end of fight. If this happens to you, just wipe, try again and hope for the best.

- Not sure if the DMG done by force lightning is intended. It is possible that this hard mode encounter just requires good gear (seems unlikely, probably will get nerfed/fixed soon).

- Another minor bug I noticed is that beating him does not award player with codex entry in achievements: epic enemies tab. Conspiracy theory: BioWare intentionally made this fight impossible so people cry less about Revan being roflstomp easy boss? :rolleyes:

Edited by Deviss