Old Augment Slots

DiabloDoom

Thanks for your patience on this issue everyone; we have some more information for you about the upcoming fix!

If you have a crit-crafted item created before 1.3 that received the incorrect tier of augment slot (and you have NOT upgraded the augment slot to a higher tier), that slot’s tier will be corrected with the fix we are applying during an upcoming patch. If the augment slot is empty, the augment slot tier will be decided by the level of the item. If an augment is installed, the tier of the slot will be determined by the level of that augment.

If you have already manually upgraded your augment slots to a higher tier, we’ll ask that you contact Customer Service after the fix is deployed. Thanks!

Any estimated time when this fix might be coming? Like...within the next week? The next month? The next few days? I have a feeling some people will prefer to go ahead and upgrade and then contact a CSR once the fix is out if it's going to be a while yet.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spaj, I'm not defending anyone's honor. The guy was complaining because it's not fixed now. And you are complaining that the augment slot on your lvl 19 gear won't hold MK-6 level augs after 1.3 because it did in 1.2. When they make changes, something negative is bound to happen to someone.

I imagine all you will need to do is contact CS just like Allison suggested in her post once the fix is in place and explain that the bug screwed over your pre-1.3 augmented gear and that you would like them to mail you an MK-6 augment and I'm sure they will and everyone will be happy.

Thanks for your criticisms in the process. We need more people like you on the forums.

Edited by Dawginole

• Dev Post

Fast forward to proposed fix, said empty 'augment' in lvl 19 item slot will become a Mk-1 or Mk-2 slot and still require spending on a mk-6 kit (80-200k + 30k attachment - per item) to use a lvl 49 augment because of said bug.

In the situation you're describing here, we'll also ask that you contact Customer Service once the change has been deployed, and they should be able to assist.

In the situation you're describing here, we'll also ask that you contact Customer Service once the change has been deployed, and they should be able to assist.

A sincere thank you! This will be quite a number of people, not as large as the guild bank CS backlog but it may well be a decent sized job. A solution is always a good thing.

If you have already manually upgraded your augment slots to a higher tier, we’ll ask that you contact Customer Service after the fix is deployed. Thanks!

What about for us poor souls that extracrted augments from lower level gear we were wearing to move them to companions armor only to learn we couldnt insert so those slots are empty now because I refused to upgrade them and just wait for the fix, they all HAD level 49 augments in them, do we also contact customer service after the patch?

Allison I would also ask you pass one more commment along, the length of time the patch is taking to deploy isnt what I was upset about, it was the days of darkness if a fix was being planned. I assume when something like this happens the team decides how they wish to proceed forward, even a simple "Dont worry something will be done to rectify this" wouldve appeased me, the not knowing was the agravating part for me, others may disagree but I bet more than a few agree communication delays, not patch delays is what upset me. Especially when Bioware announced a unscheduled maintenance I would have like to have seen a reply to our posts stating "Sorry a fix for the augments wont be in the coming unscheduled maintenance but we are working on a proper fair solution" wouldve made me happier, but patching and then checking to feel shafted and ignored again stung.

Edited by Planar

I'll clarify since you have jumped on the first conclusion you could assume.

Consider this very real example: Pre 1.3 crit craft level 19 custom orange chest. Put lvl 49 green quality undesirable stat augment in to secure the slot at max level as i'm only 47 and want to wear the same thing @50.

Fast forward to post 1.3. Woot i'm now 50 i'll swap out that augment for something useful. Extract lvl 49 mod..... ***

I would hope/assume this use case is an *extremely* small percentage of the population. I would hope/assume that the vast majority of the player base wouldn't bother extracting that throwaway lvl 49 mod. They'd try to overwrite it with the better one, get the error, realize things are fubared, file a report, come here to the boards, see the issue, and know not to extract the mods.

Only reason to ever extract a mod is to keep the mods... and I'd guess the price of buying a new green mod (if you really wanted one for some reason) is less than the price to extract it. (though I wouldn't know for sure... like I said, there's no reason to ever do it, so I have no real idea what the cost is... green augments are throwaway, why would I want to keep one?)

Edited by GnatB

Spaj, I'm not defending anyone's honor. The guy was complaining because it's not fixed now.

He was complaing the proposed fix requires an augment to be in place in order for it to be corrected, as he could not slot this now the fix would not help him. Sadly 'right now' can easily be taken more than one way in this context.

And you are complaining that the augment slot on your lvl 19 gear won't hold MK-6 level augs after 1.3 because it did in 1.2. When they make changes, something negative is bound to happen to someone.
Well yes i was as... give me a sec to dig up the dev quote on this... we were told that existing crit crafted items would gain the equivalent lvl/tier/mk augment slot of either: the level of the slotted augment or the level of the item, which ever is higher.

I dont believe that this intent has changed.

I imagine all you will need to do is contact CS just like Allison suggested in her post once the fix is in place and explain that the bug screwed over your pre-1.3 augmented gear and that you would like them to mail you an MK-6 augment and I'm sure they will and everyone will be happy.
This wasnt clear from Allisons post as she was specific in the situation to contact CS. But i thought if there was an automated way to fix it, it may save CS staff from another backlog which snowballs to give the general populace extended waits on ticket response times.

Thanks for your criticisms in the process. We need more people like you on the forums.
Thanks for the feedback we all could use less posts without a clear constructive purpose. Something your earlier post lacked.

I'd doubt there's an "automated" way to fix it after you've extracted the augment, unless they actually keep information about slot history on the item, which would probably REALLY bloat the amount of information the game has to store. My guess is they're mainly just going with the honor system, unless somebody suspiciously complains about "too many" items. (though it's possible there's a timestamp in the item, and they can check if that is post 1.3, so can detect the "easiest" way of attempting fraud.) Edited by GnatB

I would hope/assume this use case is an *extremely* small percentage of the population. I would hope/assume that the vast majority of the player base wouldn't bother extracting that throwaway lvl 49 mod. They'd try to overwrite it with the better one, get the error, realize things are fubared, file a report, come here to the boards, see the issue, and know not to extract the mods.

Only reason to ever extract a mod is to keep the mods... and I'd guess the price of buying a new green mod (if you really wanted one for some reason) is less than the price to extract it. (though I wouldn't know for sure... like I said, there's no reason to ever do it, so I have no real idea what the cost is... green augments are throwaway, why would I want to keep one?)

I hope you are right.

Even if the old aug slots were working correctly as mk-6 quality, I think it is bogus that a mk-6 KIT is required to upgrade an aug slot anyway. You are basically installing an entirely new aug slot which nullifies all the effort put into the previous mk of the aug slot.

I believe the game mechanic for upgrades should require you to upgrade EVERY level of aug slot. In other words, a mk 1 slot could only upgrade to mk 2, and mk 4 upgrades to mk 5, and so on. BUT the upgrades should require only a single component of the next mk, rather than an entire kit. so upgrading from mk 5 to mk 6 would require only a single mk 6 component rather than a whole kit. By doing this, the cost to upgrade should be severely nerfed, though installations of a fresh aug kit can still cost the same as they do now.

This would make fixing the current issue easier. This would also give some use to those mid level aug parts, and create an economy for them.

We go through a lot of effort to get aug slots on gear. Please don't make all that effort a pointless exercise by requiring an entire KIT o upgrade every aug'd item.

^^ So is this being addressed?

Or is it working as intended to require an ENTIRE KIT to upgrade an aug slot which is the same as installing a completely new aug slot. There is no "upgrade" in this process, persay. You are just completely nullifying all effort put into getting augmented versions of non-50 gear.

Please don't throw all our aug crafting efforts totally into the garbage

Agreed. Most people would have just tried to replace the green mod without extracting. I find it hard to believe that someone would have 10-15 green augments in various gear, then mass extracted them right after 1.3 was released to use them for companions and now be stuck with a bunch of empty slots. If you could have put blue or purple augments in that gear in the first place, then that's what you would have done instead of having the green ones there.

The only reasons for having green augments would be as placeholders to protect the level of the augment slot once 1.3 hit so you could upgrade the quality of the augment later without having to get a kit or because you couldn't afford augments better than green level and then you'd probably be improving them piece-meal, not mass replacing them as soon as 1.3 hit.

Regardless, if you tried to upgrade by just overwriting the previous augment, then you got the error and knew right away that there was a bug and, if you removed the augment and upgraded the slot with a kit because you were impatient, then there's nothing that should be done for you there. You should have waited for the fix. If you happened to extract a bunch of augments before testing even 1 of them to make sure you'd still be able to re-insert a new augment, then that wasn't very smart at all given the bugs with augment slots on the PTS and the usual bugs that results from major patches being released. However, even if you took this type of approach, why would you have added kits to all of those slots instead of waiting for the fix? Again, people just being impatient. If someone got screwed on a slot or two, then hopefully they can do something for you. But anyone claiming that they had a bunch of gear that they added augment kits to instead of waiting for the fix shouldn't be given anything. Those people chose not to let BW fix their gear and impatiently just added kits instead of waiting.

I'll clarify since you have jumped on the first conclusion you could assume.

Consider this very real example: Pre 1.3 crit craft level 19 custom orange chest. Put lvl 49 green quality undesirable stat augment in to secure the slot at max level as i'm only 47 and want to wear the same thing @50.

Fast forward to post 1.3. Woot i'm now 50 i'll swap out that augment for something useful. Extract lvl 49 mod..... *** nothing will go back in not even Tier 1 augments.

Fast forward to proposed fix, said empty 'augment' in lvl 19 item slot will become a Mk-1 or Mk-2 slot and still require spending on a mk-6 kit (80-200k + 30k attachment - per item) to use a lvl 49 augment because of said bug.

Why would you extract an undesirable, green quality placeholder augment? If you didn't need that augment, all you needed to do is swap in the new one....or, in this case, try to swap in the new one. Most people don't waste credits paying to extract mods they don't want when they are upgrading gear.

Why would you extract an undesirable, green quality placeholder augment? If you didn't need that augment, all you needed to do is swap in the new one....or, in this case, try to swap in the new one. Most people don't waste credits paying to extract mods they don't want when they are upgrading gear.

Personally, I did so with one item, after hearing that it would be wise to put green mark 6 augments into the slots in advance to make sure they were converted. I have a level 30 scoundrel wearing the synthwoven aspiring knight's gear made for her by my sage... she couldn't equip the level 49 augment, of course, and she couldn't send it to my sage to do it because it's bound to her... so my sage (level 50) put one into a empty orange that she had lying around that no one wanted to buy and sent it to her. After the patch, I was curious to see if taking out the level 49 augment would bind the item to my smuggler and if it would leave it with a mark 6 slot... so I took it out. Maybe I should be punished for this curiosity; I don't know. It's only one item anyway; I left the rest of my augments in their slots, so it's no big deal.

Without removing an augment from the slot, how do you determine what level the slot is?

If removing the augment from the slot is the only answer, then I believe there needs to be a better solution.

Regards,

Brad

Ever heard of companions

From the new patch notes: "Augment slots in items crafted before 1.3 that have not been manually upgraded by players are now the appropriate tier based on the level of the item (if no augments are installed) or the level of the augment that is currently installed in the augment slot."

On the PTS, when characters were transferred, people lost their augment slots from existing gear. They were well aware that pre-1.3 gear with augments and augment slots had some issues when the 1.3 patch was applied. They should have done a much better job of testing this kind of stuff before releasing 1.3. All they had to do was create some dummy characters and transfer them to the PTS to make sure the latest fix was working correctly. If they did, then they obviously would have found these errors that people experienced. There's really no good reason that this stuff wasn't working correctly when 1.3 was released, caused all these issues and then had to be dealt with through a patch to try to fix the mess.

Thanks for your patience on this issue everyone; we have some more information for you about the upcoming fix!

If you have a crit-crafted item created before 1.3 that received the incorrect tier of augment slot (and you have NOT upgraded the augment slot to a higher tier), that slot’s tier will be corrected with the fix we are applying during an upcoming patch. If the augment slot is empty, the augment slot tier will be decided by the level of the item. If an augment is installed, the tier of the slot will be determined by the level of that augment.

It looks like contacting customer service is an epic waste of time judging by the feedback folks are receiving. I also submitted a CS ticket with similar issues & its looking like now I wasted a boatload of credits on correcting Bioware's mistake. Awesome

Edited by Rehme

It looks like contacting customer service is an epic waste of time judging by the feedback folks are receiving. I also submitted a CS ticket with similar issues & its looking like now I wasted a boatload of credits on correcting Bioware's mistake. Awesome

That's your fult

Requiring an ENTIRE KIT is the same as adding an augment slot to a blank piece of gear.

This means all the effort put into getting an augment slot was for naut. There should be SOME benefit to grinding all that crafting to get an aug slot. Make the "upgrade" require just a component, and an "new installation" require the entire kit. That is reasonable. If it requires an ENTIRE KIT, then there should be no cost to applying the kit.

Why does every concern about the aug kit issue merit a dev response except mine?

It's a valid question. Surely it is not "working as intended" to completely void all the effort people put into augmenting non-50 gear. An upgrade should not require the EXACT SAME mats and cost as completely new aug slot installation.

Will the bug be fixed?

Is it not a bug, and the goal is for devs to openly mock players for the efforts made on low-mid level aug gear?

Some of us greatly enjoy the crafting part of the game... are we simply here for the devs amusement

Items that were in the GTN were NOT FIXED. Crit crafted items that were in my inventory received the correct augment slot with last week's patch but the item i had for sale on the GTN still has an unusable augment slot. I contacted customer service and explained in detail on what was happening but i don't think they understand English very well as they asked me to reply to the closed ticket to provide more information.

What's so hard bout finding all pieces with augment slots with no MK value and updating them with the correct level MK augment slot? Why is there such a disconnect with Customer service and the Devs? Shouldn't the Dev Tracker be mandatory reading for CS reps?