Black Black Dyes so cheap ?

fushnchips

Hoard a bunch and sell um for twice in a month or two.

That can be a risky move if the new normal becomes 8 mil.

I’ve noticed that Black Black doesn’t sell very fast at the old price. So it’s possible someone might have been hoarding them and is trying to get rid of them and others are following suit.

I’ve noticed that Black Black doesn’t sell very fast at the old price. So it’s possible someone might have been hoarding them and is trying to get rid of them and others are following suit.

I think so too. Bought them at a reduced cc price point in masses and dumping it back on the market now. Cassic hoarding strategy.

I think so too. Bought them at a reduced cc price point in masses and dumping it back on the market now. Cassic hoarding strategy.

Yep, I just purchased 10 of the open character slots when they were on special the other day.

They currently sell for 20-40 mil. I’ll probably hold onto them and see how many other people did the same. If they don’t sell fast enough, I’ll probably dump some on the GTN and I’m sure others will too.

If memory serves. There was a black black dye special about a month or so ago when they were half price.

Also, the current CM crates have black black dyes as a stated reward. So its possible people have been buying those and the drops are good?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The demand for black black dyes are really low since there are way too many other CM black dyes below 5mil prices such as black purple, primary and secondary black dyes being dirt cheap on gtn. It makes sense for black black dyes prices to go down.

The demand for black black dyes are really low since there are way too many other CM black dyes below 5mil prices such as black purple, primary and secondary black dyes being dirt cheap on gtn. It makes sense for black black dyes prices to go down.

You can *craft* Black/Deep Red, ffs. (Schematic from the Reputation vendors on Oricon.) Looks sweet on some gear. (There are some boots where the part that runs up the leg is "secondary", and on those, Black/Deep Red is a serious fail.)

My best selling crafted dyes are combinations of red and black together. They are the highest demanded dyes and can usually be sold for 80-100k each if idiots are trying to be the cheapest on the GTN and drive the price into the ground.

It always blows my mind that these dyes ever go below 70k because even when they are at 80k, I have trouble keeping up with demand and that’s with other people listing around the same prices. (I use 2 lvl 50 comps to make them too).

When I see them drop below 70k I stop listing till they go back up because it’s a waste of resources and time when I can make and sell half as many and make more profit in the long run.

When the price goes below 50k, I just buy the lot and relist later.

ITEM DUPE - CREDIT SELLER SCAM

Basically what is happening is that there is a credit seller that is using stolen accounts to sell black/black dyes cheap to convert into credits. They are using a handful of alts to sell, and they are posting them every few days. So far it is only on the SS server, and the devs either haven't caught on, or they don't care. There is a another post about in the forums just a few days ago. I wish they would look into it really.

Edited by Darkside

ITEM DUPE - CREDIT SELLER SCAM

Basically what is happening is that there is a credit seller that is using stolen accounts to sell black/black dyes cheap to convert into credits. They are using a handful of alts to sell, and they are posting them every few days. So far it is only on the SS server, and the devs either haven't caught on, or they don't care. There is a another post about in the forums just a few days ago. I wish they would look into it really.

Where is your proof? Or are you just guessing?

Because as I pointed out earlier, black black dyes are the drops from the current CM crates. I purchased one to test my theory and sure enough, I got a black dye.

You also have the fact that they were 50% off about 4 weeks ago.

You also have the fact that they were 50% off about 4 weeks ago.

Indeed, I remember thinking about buying one at that time to sell on the GTN but didn't. I think it is too much of a coincidence that right after the discount went away we suddenly get bombarded with them on the GTN.

Im not saying there can't be an item dupe scam going on, but I find it more likely that it is just a typical hoard-and-dump scheme.

Edited by Phazonfreak

This:-

they were reduced on the cartel market, lots of people bought them, and now the market is saturated. won't last long though, they'll be back up to stupid prices in no time at all...lol

They were cheaper than 8 million on some servers; they did go down to 7 million. Someone moaned about the low prices in this thread accusing "credit sellers". A guess they missed the CM sale that led to the market being flooded.

Also this:-

It's summer, and too hot to be wearing all-black. :cool:

:D

Edited by Sarova

I am checking frequently dye prices and on Tulak Hord I didn't see any comparable price drop. And even after discounts on those dyes in the cartel market they normally don't drop that low on the GTN. At least on this server.

I am checking frequently dye prices and on Tulak Hord I didn't see any comparable price drop. And even after discounts on those dyes in the cartel market they normally don't drop that low on the GTN. At least on this server.

I also have a legacy on Tulak Hord and to be honest the GTN economy there is not really comparable to the other servers, especially the amercian ones, because you basically have a german market in Star Wars. You have many large stock traders that set extremely high price points and won't budge easily, counting on long term sells instead of the quick buck. It's a very tough market if you are an impatient buyer, but very good as a patient seller because you dont have to deal with extreme undercutting as much as on the other servers. Us germans are simply not a haggling folk.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I'm not worried. After I finally stopped buying decos like crazy, I made 1 billion each on 2 servers buying blk/blk dye at 15m and selling at 25m. If 8m becomes the new norm, and I doubt it, then so be it. If people want to pay $15 real money for 8 million credits in game, that's to Bioware's credit. :D

Worst case scenario, I'll have a whole bunch of black black dye to give away come Halloween. :D

Picked one up today for 8.3 mil on SS others were selling for 8.4 million whats up with these ?

Personally I don't think that is cheap. I have around 80m in bank at present time but I would not buy one, not even for half that. Still some will want them and if others think that is cheap guess now's the time to buy.

Personally I don't think that is cheap. I have around 80m in bank at present time but I would not buy one, not even for half that. Still some will want them and if others think that is cheap guess now's the time to buy.

CM dyes in general are stupidly over priced because they are a one use item. You can’t remove dyes without destroying them, so I don’t think the prices reflect the actual value, even on the CM.

Let’s consider, you can buy Armor sets for only a little more and you can pay to open them up to use on all you Alts or you can use them as many times as you want on that one character.

If you could do the same for the dyes, then I would consider the prices realistic. But a one use vanity item like a dye, should not command a price higher than 500k-1mil credits and I don’t think any dyes should cost more than 300 CC on the CM.

CM dyes in general are stupidly over priced because they are a one use item. You can’t remove dyes without destroying them, so I don’t think the prices reflect the actual value, even on the CM.

Let’s consider, you can buy Armor sets for only a little more and you can pay to open them up to use on all you Alts or you can use them as many times as you want on that one character.

If you could do the same for the dyes, then I would consider the prices realistic. But a one use vanity item like a dye, should not command a price higher than 500k-1mil credits and I don’t think any dyes should cost more than 300 CC on the CM.

You know ... it's funny. This is exactly my thoughts on this.. Dyes should be reusable ... or one heck of a lot cheaper !

;)

You know ... it's funny. This is exactly my thoughts on this.. Dyes should be reusable ... or one heck of a lot cheaper !

;)

They should use the Gw2 system. Once you own a dye, it goes into a colour chart of sorts and you can customise the Armor colours in the Armor. They are of course one colour dyes (not dual), but you have more leeway to mix and match things to the exact tones you want (they have a hell of a lot more colours than swtor)

Edited by TrixxieTriss