2- Who is the Emperor? [wie02]

3- Important Terms [ite03]

4- Timeline of the Emperor [toe04]

5- Explanation of Timeline Entries [ete05]

6- The Problem with Scourge [pws06]

7- Questions and Answers [qaa07]

8- Update Log[udl08]

What is this?[wit01]

This is a project I have had in the back of my mind for a while now. Basically this is my attempt to explain everything about the Emperor that is currently known. The section that is the most important in my opinion is the Explanation of the Timeline Entries section as it is going to be where I explain how the events in various stories are interconnected. I’ve separated this from the timeline to try and make the timeline easier to read.

I’m going to be heavily citing to the game. While this whole primer is essentially a giant spoiler(so yeah spoiler warning), I am going to put any and all direct quotes from the game in spoiler tags in an attempt to make it clear when I am directly citing the game.

Who is the Emperor?[wie02]

The Emperor is Lord Vitiate who lived during the time of the Great Hyperspace War and gained immortality near the end of it. He then led the remains of the Sith on a trip which ended with them settling on Dromund Kaas and reforming the Empire under his rule. According to legend he was born on the planet Medriaas with the name Tenebrae. Potentially he is one of, if not the, most powerful force user in Star Wars mythos. To stand in the presence of his Voice is to be corrupted to the dark side. To stand in the presence of his True Body is to have your mind addled.

Important Terms[ite03]

Emperor’s True Body- This is a term that the game does not use, but I am going to use to avoid confusion on what I am referring to. The Emperor’s True Body is his main body which is presumably the body he was born with. Potentially could be a Sith Pureblood body, but the evidence for that is not conclusive.

Voice of the Emperor- This is the body that the Emperor speaks to the Empire through. According to the codex, the Voice always speaks with….the same voice. The Voice of the Emperor is created by the Emperor placing “his power and consciousness” into another body. The codex states that the Voice has had appearances that range from a young human female to an elderly full-blooded Sith male. In game we see him as a Voss mystic and an elderly human male.

Emperor’s Hand- This is an organization consisting of a group of people who essentially oversee the Emperor’s plans. The exact size of it is unknown, we see three members each of which is conveniently named “Servant #”. I personally suspect there ten servants because of the name, but that is solely speculation. According to the codex, “the Emperor's thoughts are theirs, and their wills are his to command.”

Children of the Emperor- The Children are a group of people that have been indoctrinated by the Emperor, most since a young age. According to the codex, “the children are infused with the Emperor's strength, sharing some measure of his thoughts and power for the rest of their lives.” Additionally the Emperor can turn them into puppets if he wishes to possess them. It is somewhat implied the Emperor might be able to hear and see what all of his Children are experiencing and the codex supports this by saying “[t]hey become the Emperor's eyes and ears.”

First Son of the Emperor- The most powerful of the Children of the Emperor. There are two things that really distinguish him from other Children. First he has something of a split personality, his personality as a Child of the Emperor is separate from the one he exhibits during normal life making him a perfect sleeper agent. It should be noted though that he is not the only one like this though. The more important difference is that he is responsible for shielding all the Children of the Emperor who serve as infiltrators in the Republic from being detected by the Jedi.

Emperor’s Wrath- The Emperor’s executioner. A position created specifically for Lord Scourge upon his betrayal of Revan. Currently only two Wraths have ever existed, Lord Scourge and the Sith Warrior. Lord Scourge was given immortality along with the position. I have seen an argument made that the Sith Warrior was given immortality upon receiving the position as well, but the evidence for this isn’t particularly strong and it not made particularly clear if that is intended to be the case.

Timeline of the Emperor[toe04]

5,113 BBY- Emperor is born

5,000 BBY- Following the end of the Great Hyperspace War, Emperor performs ritual to gain immortality and leads an exodus of Sith outside of known hyperspace routes

4,980 BBY- Emperor’s exodus arrives on Dromund Kaas

3,960 BBY- Revan and Malak attempt to face the Emperor and become his servants

Approx. 300 years before Jedi Knight Chapter 2- Scourge, Revan, and Surik challenge the Emperor. Scourge betrays Revan and Surik and is given the position of Emperor’s Wrath. Revan is taken prisoner and used to allow the Emperor to access the Light Side of the force.

3,681 BBY- Sith Empire begins the Great War by attacking the Republic.

At least 20 years before Jedi Knight Chapter 3- A “great Sith lord”, potentially the Emperor, visits Voss and makes deals with Sel-Makor.

3,653 BBY- Treaty of Coruscant signed. Around the time this occurs, the Emperor leaves the known galaxy to an unknown location.

5 years before Imperial Agent Chapter 3- Latest possible point in the timeline that Voss could be discovered. Shortly after Voss is discovered, Empire wages war on Voss and is defeated. During the war a Voss mystic is captured to be used as a host body for the Voice of the Empire.

Jedi Knight Chapter 1: First encounter between the Emperor and the Jedi Knight, meeting occur by Sith Emperor taking over Kira.

Roughly Chapter 2 of Republic class stories: Republic forces free Revan from Imperial prison resulting in connection between Revan and the Emperor being broken.

Jedi Knight Chapter 2: Jedi Knight and 3 other Jedi attempt to capture the Voice of the Emperor, believing it to be the Emperor. Jedi Knight defeats Scourge, but then the Emperor defeats and converts the Jedi to be his minions.

Between Jedi Knight Chapters 2 and 3: The Voice of the Emperor goes to Voss and is captured by a trap laid by Baras.

Start of Jedi Knight Chapter 3: Jedi Knight breaks free of the Emperor’s control and Scourge betrays the Emperor by aiding the Jedi Knight and his team to escape.

Start of the Sith Warrior Chapter 3: Sith Warrior is left for dead and the Emperor’s Hand find shim and recruits him as the new Emperor’s Wrath.

During Chapter 3: Jedi Knight foils the Emperor’s plans while the Sith Warrior foils Baras’s plans. During the course of events the Sith Warrior kills the Voice on Voss in order to allow it to be freed so it can be placed in a new host.

Jedi Consular Finale: Jedi Consular confronts the First Son and prevents him form influencing events any further.

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior Finales: The Jedi Knight confronts the Voice of the Emperor on Dromund Kaas believing it to be the Emperor and defeats him resulting in the death of the Voice. At about the same time, the Sith Warrior defeats Baras becoming officially recognized as the Emperor’s Wrath.

Jedi Knight Interlude: Jedi Knight goes with Kira to see Suri. Jedi Knight learns that the Children of the Emperor are hearing a lot voices since his battle on Dromund Kaas.

Explanation of Timeline Entries[ete05]

5,113 BBY

Year is taken from Wookiepedia’s entry on the Emperor. Events from early on in the Emperor’s life are skipped in the timeline as my understanding is that they are presented in the book Revan as essentially rumors that circulate the Dark Council. As such their accuracy is presented as being suspect. However they are in the book Revan and a synopsis is on the Wookiepedia article for anyone who would like to read up on a potential early life story of the Emperor.

5,000 BBY

The Emperor did his ritual following the death of Naga Sadow signaling the end of the Great Hyperspace War. The year might be off if it took a few months for everything to happen, but it should be approximately right.

4,980 BBY

According to the holonet article for Domund Kaas, the Sith exodus took 20 years, so year is 20 years after the previous entry. Could be a year or two off potentially, but it should be approximately right.

3,960 BBY

Year listed is the year of the end of the Madalorian Wars according to Wookiepedia. Once again, this could be off by a year depending on how long events following the war actually took.

Approx. 300 years before Jedi Knight Chapter 2

Scourge states that he had been waiting 300 years before first meeting the Jedi Knight. It could be interpreted that he meant something like 298 or 302 and was just rounding, so I am putting it down as an approximate.

I waited three hundred years for your birth. When I saw your face on Quesh....

3,681 BBY

Year is established by this timeline entry. Conversion from BTC to BBY taken from Wookiepedia.

At least 20 years before Jedi Knight Chapter 3

According to Sel-Makor, a Sith Lord visited Voss and made deals with him decades ago. My interpretation when I ran through this scene on my Jedi Knight was that this was supposed to be the Emperor. In reviewing the dialogue though, there is no strong evidence to back up assumption on this point. I am including it in the timeline because I still believe it to have been the Emperor, but I admit I might be wrong. And as I was working on other parts of this primer, it occurred to me that this could potentially have been Bara. This would explain a few things, but it raises some questions at the same time.

As for the location in the timeline, the class stories are supposed to be beginning between 8 and 10 years after the Treaty. Sel-Makor says the Sith visited him decades ago implying 20+ years putting it befoe the Treaty. Potentially it could be before the start of the War, but the evidence for this either way is not clear.

Sel-Makor: “Jedi. Cast the Mystic into the maw. Rewards. Power. Sel-Makor offers them to you. Like the one who came before.”

Jedi Knight(choice “The one who came before?”): “Who are you talking about? Was there someone here before Fulminiss?”

Sel-Makor: “Decades ago. A Sith. Greater than Fulminiss. Deals were made. Power was given.”

3,653 BBY

Occurs 28 years after beginning of the War. How much time passes between the Treaty and the Emperor leaving the known galaxy is not made clear. It should also be noted that Revan’s influence on the Emperor is implied to have played a part in the creation of the Treaty or at least his acceptance of the Treaty.

Servant One: “Since the Treaty of Coruscant, the Emperor has withdrawn from the known galaxy, preparing for a great calling.”

Revan: “The Emperor used me as his link to the light side of the Force--the Jedi Order. Through me, he saw visions. But that same link also gave me influence. I convinced the Emperor peace was in his best interest. Tempered his hate.”

5 years before Imperial Agent Chapter 3

The year that Voss was discovered is important to the Emperor’s timeline because the Empire attempted to invade Voss shortly after discovering the planet, and the invasion is when the Emperor gained his Voss body for the Voice of the Emperor. As Voss is frequently referred to as being recently discovered, I believe the Sith Lord who made a deal with Sel-Makor was there before the planet was officially discovered as 20 years is not really “recently discovered.”

In a dialogue on Voss, an NPC tells the Imperial Agent he has been on the planet for 5 years. This is really the only instance of establishing the Voss discovery timeline that I am aware of. I do feel it necessary to bring up that the codex entry for Gaden-Ko from the Consular story mentions that his generation to grow up where alien outsiders are a common sight, implying a discovery and “peace” well before 5 years ago(assuming a human rate of maturing). All of this doesn’t precisely tell us when the war happened or ended, but I believe it is a safe bet that it was finished before the start of any of the class stories which is the important part.

Imperial Agent NPC: “Living with these creatures for five years earns some credibility.”

Servant One: “True. Years ago, when the Empire became aware of Voss, the Emperor sent the military to lay siege to the planet. The visionaries thwarted what they foresaw to be a simple attempt to conquer. But the Emperor's purpose was to claim a Voss visionary to house the Voice of the Emperor.”

Servant One, later in the dialogue: “The Emperor needed a Voss vessel to gain access to the planet's secrets. The ultimate reason is his alone to know.”

Gaden-Ko Codex Snippet: “Gaden-Ko's generation is the first to grow up in a Voss-Ka where alien outsiders are a common sight. He has always had an interest in these foreigners, even developing a friendship with the Republic ambassador. Perhaps because of these outside influences, Gaden-Ko is seen to be rather impulsive and impatient compared to other Voss.”

Jedi Knight Chapter 1

I’m assuming for the timeline that all of the Chapter 1s are finished before any of the Chapter 2s begin, but even without that I don’t think there is really any kind of debate that can be made about this being the first chronological appearance of the Emperor in game.

Roughly Chapter 2 of Republic class stories

I am assuming that this event occurs before the Jedi Knight Chapter 2 finale because it is lower leveled content. I don’t believe that there are any actual references that would make the order of these two specific events important though.

Jedi Knight Chapter 2

See above entry for reasoning on timeline. Statements regarding mistaken belief of the Jedi are based on the fact that the person the Jedi are after is apparently controlling the Empire from the space station and the Emperor had previously left the known galaxy (see 3,653 BBY) putting him outside of contact with the Empire and presumably leaving his Voice as his liaison with the Empire.

Master Tol Braga: “There's an ancient fortress orbiting the Imperial homeworld Dromund Kaas. It's hidden by a powerful cloaking device. The Emperor rules his people from this cloaked fortress. Not even the highest-ranking Sith can find him.”

Between Jedi Knight Chapters 2 and 3

The events that I describe here clearly happen before Sith Warrior Chapter 3 begins. However an argument could potentially be made that it isn’t clear that it happens before the Jedi Knight Chapter 3 starts. My response is that it just fits better if the Voice of the Emperor has been trapped on Voss before the Jedi Knight regains his senses. There is clearly meant to be a long time skip between Chapters, and I believe the timeline for all the Chapter 3 stories is tighter than it is during Chapter 1 and 2 because the Belsavis and Corellia storylines for all the classes are tied to specific events happening that I do not believe could have lasted for more than a month or two.

If my interpretation of the timeline is accurate for Chapter then that would mean that the Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight start fairly close together, and at the start of the Sith Warrior’s story the Emperor’s Hand implies that the Voice has been missing for a while. I realize that I might be stretching things a little bit here, but I will also point out that that Voice is missing from his personal invisible space station with no explanation during the Jedi Knight’s training scenes and this is consistent with the Voice heading for Voss and being captured during this period. There are of course other explanations for this latter bit, but I think it just fits together better if the Voice goes to Voss before the Jedi Knight Chapter 3 begins.

Servant One: “The Dark Council has been waiting for word from the Voice. Many are desperate for it to speak again. But the true Voice has been silenced. And in its absence, there is nothing to deny Baras's claim.”

Start of Jedi Knight Chapter 3

I don’t think there is really anything that needs to be discussed on this point.

Start of the Sith Warrior Chapter 3

Placed this after the start of the Jedi Knight’s Chapter 3 because Scourge had the title of the Emperor’s Wrath up until then. The position only opened up after Scourge’s betrayal and Scourge certainly was never aware that anyone else held the position before he left the Empire.

Jedi Knight (option I'd rather hear about you.): “How does someone become the Emperor's Wrath?”

Lord Scourge: “There has only ever been one.”

During Chapter 3

There is no context for the precise order of these events. The Sith Warrior likely finishes Voss before the Jedi Knight since the Jedi Knight has the option to kill Sel-Makor so chronology of events is just cleaner if that option occurs after Sel-Makor has done everything he can in all the storylines. However other than that, these two storylines just don’t have any real impact on each other, so placing individual events ranges from difficult to impossible.

Jedi Consular Finale

This has to happen before the Jedi Knight finale because none of the Children of the Emepror that you encounter are exhibiting the symptoms that apparently occur to all the Children after the Jedi Knight finale.

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior Finales

The precise timing of these events is not clear. However it is stated by Servant One in an email that the Jedi attack on the Voice occurred while the Sith Warrior was confronting Baras. As such I assume the two events occurred at roughly the same time, so within a week of each other. Read the Problem with Scourge section for a detailed discussion on the reasoning why the person the Jedi Knight fights is most likely the Voice.

Snippet from a Servant One email: “While you silenced Darth Baras, the Jedi attempted the impossible feat of destroying the Emperor. Instead, they merely defeated the Emperor’s true Voice.”

Jedi Knight Interlude

This quest with Kira can only be triggered after the Jedi Knight completes Chapter 3 with lots of affection with Kira. I mention this because the quest gives clues about where the Emperor’s story might be heading.

The Problem with Scourge[pws06]

Alright I’ve been putting this off long enough. Time for the controversial section!

In the game we are presented with two conflicting narratives of what happens in the JK’s final story mission. The Jedi Knight story presents the story as the Jedi Knight has defeated the Emperor during the final confrontation between them. Meanwhile the Sith Warrior gets a few emails from Servant One, after having beaten the final Sith Warrior story mission, stating that there was an attack on Dromund Kaas and the Voice of the Emperor was killed during the attack. These emails are clearly meant to be talking about the Jedi Knight finale. Just looking at these two narratives, there really is no problem with reconciling them. Jedi Knight simply entered a fight without fully understanding his enemy and as a result misunderstood what happened.

Second email(first relevant one):

Wrath, we have an important matter to discuss. It is time you knew the secret of the Emperor’s absence.

While you silenced Darth Baras, the Jedi attempted the impossible feat of destroying the Emperor. Instead, they merely defeated the Emperor’s true Voice.

The unexpected blow was a shock. The Emperor’s consciousness was wretched from his Voice. He now slumbers gathering his strength.

The Imperial Guard has moved the Emperor’s body. As his Wrath, you will soon be called upon to rain fury on the Emperor’s attackers.

Speak of this to no one. The Hand will contact you with further orders shortly. In the meantime, continue your service to the Emperor.

Third email(second relevant one):

The Emperor's recovery continues. But while he slumbers, his Wrath is needed more than ever.

The Empire echoes with whispered rumors of the Emperor's weakness. Baras was the first of many Sith to grow bold in our master's absence. Some even suspect the Emperor's death.

It is the duty of the Wrath to silence these rumors.

Show the Empire your incredible strength. Devastate your enemies in the Emperor's name. Only then will the transgressors bow to you in awe and renew their devotion to our master.

The Emperor's return approaches. Prepare for his ascendance, Wrath.

However because Scourge exists, things get controversial. As stated in above sections, Scourge was the original Emperor’s Wrath and the position was in fact created for him. He has been the personal executioner for the Emperor for around three centuries prior to the game’s start. As we are currently unaware of anyone else who the Emperor has given immortality to, he is likely the person who has known the Emperor for the longest period of time, not counting force ghosts. And here is where the problem comes in. Despite Scourge’s long standing relationship (not that kind) with the Emperor, he seems to believe that the Emperor is dead.

This has resulted in the fan community, as of the time of this writing, to essentially split into two camps, those that believe Servant One is the more believable source of information and those that believe that Scourge could not be tricked by the Emperor. This has lead to many pages of forum arguments over whether the Emperor was killed or whether the Voice of the Emperor was killed. Now that the debate has been framed, I will attempt to put forth the best argument possible as to why Servant One’s explanation fits better with everything we know. I expect this section will likely be expanded semi-frequently as I have to add responses to points other people bring up.

Now to begin, there are a few things that I first have to address. I’ve seen people mention that Scourge would clearly know what the Emperor looks like considering how long he has been serving the Emperor, and therefore he would recognize the Emperor’s True Body when the Jedi Knight kills it. However Scourge does not see who the Jedi Knight fights. He is able to sense the Emperor’s life force, but the Voice of the Emperor is possessed by the Emperor. Regardless of whether the body beaten by the Jedi Knight is the Emperor or the Voice, Scourge would feel the Emperor.

Now another frequently used argument, frequently in combination with the previous one, is that the person the Jedi Knight meets at the end of Chapter 2 is the same person that the Jedi Knight fought at the end of Chapter 3. Scourge seems to believe that the person at the end of Chapter 2 is the true Emperor and therefore the person the Jedi Knight fights must also be the Emperor. To begin with, there is nothing conclusive that shows that the two people in question look the same. There are only two things that they have in common, they wear mostly the same clothes and they have the same body type. Considering that there are only four body types in the game, using that as evidence that two people are the same is hardly conclusive or really persuasive when the vast majority of NPCs, and likely PCs also, have body type 2. So that just leaves the clothes as evidence that they are the same person.

Now the two NPCs in question both wear the same outfit with a single difference between them. The Chapter 2 NPC is wearing a mask while the Chapter 3 NPC is not. As a result of the mask, the Chapter 2 NPC does not have a hood, but that is just how wearing a mask works in the game with a hooded chest piece. So the question now is, why is the Chapter 2 NPC wearing a mask while the Chapter 3 NPC is not. The sort of ‘duh’ answer is to hide his face in Chapter 2 and not in Chapter 3? There is no dramatic reveal to go along with the removing of the mask. The Emperor isn’t someone that the Jedi Knight knows, so it isn’t to hide his identity from the player. So why would the developers give him a mask in one instance, but not in another? To hide the fact that he is in a Voss body either from the players, Scourge, or just about everyone in the Empire (reasoning on him being in a Voss body at this point in time explained above in Timeline Explanation). I feel I need to point out here, that according to Servant One, the Emperor wasn’t even in the known galaxy at the time of the Jedi Knight’s Chapter 2 conclusion. I see no reason for him to lie on this point given the context of the line and I believe he would be the person most likely to know where the Emperor was since the Hand shares the Emperor’s thoughts.

All of this brings us back around to the Problem with Scourge, namely how could Scourge not recognize that it was the Voice of the Emperor sitting on the throne and not the true Emperor. Some people have argued that Scourge simply could not make this mistake because Scourge’s goal in life is to stop the Emperor at all costs. The argument goes that he would be person least likely to make any kind of mistake of properly identifying the Emperor. I’m going to first point out that we don’t know what kind of interaction Scourge has had with the Emperor over the past three centuries. We don’t know if Scourge was constantly at the Emperor’s side or if he was in a position much more like the Sith Warrior where he received orders from the Emperor’s Hand and had very little actual interaction in person. For all we know, Scourge’s fight with the Jedi Knight was the first time Scourge was ever brought aboard the station. We simply don’t know these facts.

I’m going to take a position now…..that I expect to be controversial in the replies. I don’t think Scourge has ever met the Emperor’s True Body. During the Sith Warrior storyline, one of the dialogue options has Servant One explain the reason that Servant Two speaks in his unusual manner. The reason is because Servant Two has been exposed to the Emperor. Considering how Servant One makes a distinction when referring to the Emperor or the Voice, I believe this to mean that Servant Two has met the Emperor’s True Body. And apparently meeting it was enough to addle Servant Two’s mind, or give him a very unusual perspective depending on how you look at it.

SW: “I struggle to understand what he says.”

Servant One: “Servant Two has been exposed to the Emperor. He now sees the galaxy differently than most.”

Scourge does not show any sign of similar exposure to the Emperor’s True Body. If we go with the assumption that Scourge has never met the Emperor’s True Body, this could actually explain why Scourge’s vision didn’t show Revan beating the Emepror without having to resort to self fulfilling prophecies. The explanation would be that Revan, the Exile, and Scourge were fighting against the Voice of the Emperor. Killing the Voice would not stop the True Body and unlike the Jedi Knight they did not have a fleet securing them an escape route so they could fight again another day.

This would mean that Scourge would have no knowledge of the Emperor’s True Body. And if he has only met the Voice, he might actually be used to the Emperor changing bodies and not realized that there is a distinction between the Voice and the True Body. Scourge certainly never shows any knowledge of the existence of the Voice in any of his dialogues.

Another argument that I have seen on the topic of Scourge is that Scourge should have easily recognized whether or not the Emperor killed was the actual one because his visions showed him the battle. I first point back to my previous point that Scourge did not see who or what the Jedi Knight fought. I secondly point out that Scourge tells the Jedi Knight his vision. Hat vision has not come to pass either figuratively or literally as Scourge was not at the final battle and the Jedi Knight does not currently have the option of taking over the Empire. So the vision has not come to pass yet, and I would take that as evidence that he Jedi Knight’s final fight against the Emperor has not come up yet.

Scourge on Scourge’ vision: “Until my vision: Jedi, shining with the Force, lined up to destroy him. All were swept aside. Revan and the Exile were cast at my feet. Then out of the shadows, one Jedi emerged to cut the Emperor down. That Jedi wore your face.”

(Jedi Knight dialogue prompt that I’m detailing because none of the options are particularly relevant)

“In the vision, I bowed to you and took a crown from the Emperor's head. It ended when you held his power in your hands.”

The next argument that I can recall seeing regarding this debate is essentially that having the person the Jedi Knight fought be the Voice of the Emperor ignores the point of Scourge’s character. Scourge’s character doesn’t lose his point just because he was outmaneuvered by the Emperor. The Emperor had been alive for over a thousand years by the time that Scourge was born. The Emperor has had countless foes rise up to challenge him. The idea that the Emperor didn’t explain all the nitty gritty details to one of his servants should hardly come as any kind of surprise. The Emperor didn’t just give Scourge the secret specifics to his grand plan, Scourge had to work to get the specifics and we already know that he didn’t get everything. He didn’t know what worlds were in danger besides Belsavis. Scourge didn’t even know what the full details on the plan at Belsavis were. The fact that he doesn’t know something doesn’t ruin the point of his character or anything like that. He did the best that he could, but he was up against someone who is ridiculously powerful and with more experience than we can really comprehend.

A related argument that I have seen is that having the Emperor survive the Jedi Knight’s attack ruins the point of the Jedi Knight’s story. I have to disagree with this. I think there is a lot of story potential from the Jedi Knight discovering that the Emperor is still around and continuing to challenge the Emperor. This would also solve the problem of having to top taking down the Emperor in future class story expansions. On the other hand if the Emperor is killed for good that would completely ruin the current story end point for the Sith Warrior. The Sith Warrior’s position depends on the Emperor being around. Before I had played through the Sith Warrior’s storyline I had some ideas on how it could continue, but after having gone through the story I just don’t think it work well to have the Sith Warrior storyline to basically continue with “Hey the Emperor’s dead so you are now demoted to working under Darth Suchandsuch because you need a quest giver.”

Questions and Answers[qaa07]

What classes meet the Emperor in their class stories?

The Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior both meet the Voice of the Emperor. The Jedi Knight further has an encounter with the Emperor possessing one of the Children of the Emperor. Currently no one meets the Emperor’s true body. There was some misinformation spread early in the game’s life that the Jedi Consular meets the Emperor while the Emperor was taking over the body of the First Son. However having played the Jedi Consular’s story, I can say that this was a misinterpretation of events and not what actually happened.

Where was the Emperor’s true body?

The only detail that we know for sure is that he has been outside of the known galaxy since around the time of the Treaty of Coruscant, as stated by Servant One to the Sith Warrior. The statement could be taken to mean that either the Emperor’s true body is another galaxy or that it is in an unknown part of the galaxy.

The intent behind the statement is clearly to explain why the Emperor is unable to return and expose Baras for the liar he is. So that means the location is out of the way with no easy means of travel, ruling out any place in the Empire itself. However we also know that the body was able to be recovered after the Knight killed the Voice, likely ruling out the possibility of it being outside the galaxy. So that leaves the unknown regions of the galaxy….which are unknown.

I have a personal theory that he might have been on his home planet reusing the ritual place where he first gained immortality, but there is no evidence to support that more than any other uninhabited region of space. That’s right he could have been on Endor’s moon using Sith Alchemy to invent Ewoks! Because his evil knows no end!

Of course where he was isn’t necessarily important since his body was apparently moved after the Voice’s defeat, and we have no information about where he was moved beyond it being safe.

Were the Jedi in the failed assault on the Emperor’s space station turned into Children of the Emperor?

Probably. When I played my Jedi Knight, I had assumed that the process done to these Jedi was likely different from the one used on the Children of the Emperor because their corruption seemed to be different then how Kira’s condition was shown in the story. However in the Jedi Consular story, you encounter several people who were apparently turned into Children of the Emperor later in life who seem to have had dramatic personality shifts like the Jedi did. So I’m inclined to say that they most likely were Children of the Emperor, but the possibility does exist they technically should be classified solely as The Emperor's Fallen Jedi. And actually having given it some extra thought, I’m betting the Fallen Jedi probably got the Children of the Emperor treatment only condensed from a five year (made up number) to a five second period. So it would be the same basic idea, just leaving them without any subtlety.

How exactly did the Jedi Knight break the Emperor’s control?

Honestly I don’t know. I really just want to say that it is Deus Ex Machina and move on. It clearly is meant to be implied that Master Orgus Din’s force ghost helped the Jedi Knight out. But it isn’t really clear as to how Master Orgus helped or why he was able to help in the first place. I find it is best to just accept this plot point happened and then just move on without questioning it.

Why was the Jedi Knight immune to the Emperor’s corrupting influence during their Chapter 3 Encounter?

Apparently if you break free of the Emperor’s control that gives you protection from being controlled again sort of like an immunization shot. This would mean that currently there are at least two people who have such protection, the Jedi Knight and Kira. In theory any of the Jedi from Chapter 3 who the Jedi Knight does not kill should possess such protection as well if they were to ever fully recover. However it would seem that Syo’s situation, if he is spared, is likely different because while he is no longer a threat it appears he still has the dark influences in his mind meaning he presumably hasn’t made a complete break like the Jedi Knight and Kira.

How did [insert character name] get orders from the Emperor at [insert point in the timeline] if the Voice of the Emperor was trapped on Voss at the time?

There are a few instances where there seems to be potential issues with the timeline of the Emperor issuing orders to his minions. The most obvious of these are the death cult that the Jedi Knight encounters on Belsavis. The Jedi Knight learns that the Death Cult is in motion well before the Sith Warrior could have possibly freed the Emperor’s Voice. There are two possibilities that I can see. Either the Emperor’s Voice gave them orders before he was imprisoned on Voss or the Emperor’s Hands gave the Death Cult its orders at some time after the Voice was imprisoned, as they seem to still be aware of the Emperor’s designs even after the Voice was imprisoned.

When it comes to the Imperial Guards who say the Emperor gave them orders, there is a dialogue option with one of them where you can basically get them to admit they mean metaphorically(I believe I got this with the Belsavis bonus series for my Sith Warrior). So that could be the explanation for them.

Who is the Entity and how is she related to the Emperor?

For those who are unfamiliar with the Entity, she is a force ghost with precognitive abilities that the Sith Warrior encounters on Corellia. The Codex entry for the Entity suggests that she is Kreia from KotOR II. I have not played that game though, so I can’t comment on how accurate of a portrayal this is. As for her relation to the Emperor, her dialogue when released suggests that she had a relationship with the Emperor at some point….however I am unaware of any source that details this at all, and I do not know if their relationship will ever be expanded upon.

The Entity: “He. Desecrated. My resting place. Where I. Waited. For my love. Your Emperor.”

Who was the “great Sith Lord” that Sel-Makor previously made deals with?

As I indicated above my first thought when playing was that Sel-Makor was talking about the Emperor. At first I thought it was referring to when the Voice got trapped on Voss, but really that didn’t make any sense when I played through the Sith Warrior storyline. So then I assumed that the Sith Emperor had visited Sel-makor and that was where he got the idea of taking a Voss host for his Voice. But while I was working on this it hit me, the one who apparently captured the Voss mystic was Baras who was also the one that planned the Voice’s trip to Voss. That trip took the Voice directly to Sel-Makor. That could suggest that Baras was fulfilling his part of a bargain with Sel-Makor. Now this would leave a few loose ends such as how exactly did Baras get to Sel-Makor 20+ years ago and what exactly did he get from Sel-Makor, but I currently really like the Baras theory even if I haven’t fully thought it out yet.

Who first told the Jedi about the Children of the Emperor?

According to a quote in the Consular’s storyline the person who first told them about the Children of the Emperor was a frmer member of the Dark Council who had changed sides. The only person we know of who fits the description is Sajar, Master Tol Braga’s padawan that Jedi Knights encounter on Quesh. If this is true, it would certainly add an extra layer onto why the Emperor’s Wrath was sent after Sajar as he had revealed the existence of one of the Emperor’s greatest secrets to the Jedi Council.

What does the future have in store for the Emperor?

Brood Wars….I’m being serious on this. I’m essentially expecting that one of the major plot threads that is going to be in the near future (although I am uncertain of whether this will be class stories, flashpoints, or operations) will be about an all out war among factions that form amongst the Children of the Emperor. The closest narrative that I can equate it to is what happened in Brood Wars, specifically the Zerg plotline.

Brood Wars begins with the Zerg’s Overmind having been killed. This equates to the Voice’s death in the JK storyline. During the course of Brood Wars the various Cerebrates vie for control of the swarm in absence of the Overmind. Essentially what I think is going to happen is that while the Emperor’s True Body is recovering, several of the Children of the Emperor are going to try and take over the Emperor by claiming they are the true Emperor. This will result in a large internal conflict where the main soldiers are going to be subordinate Children of the Emperor.

Now for my reasoning, I’m basically basing this theory of two events. The first is the post class story quest with Kira for the Jedi Knight. In this quest, you see that the Children of the Emperor are suffering from hearing multiple conflicting voices at once and that a faction of the Children have found a way to silence the voices. The second is an encounter between the Jedi Consular and Blaesus who states that he became a Child of the Emperor by the Emperor imprinting his consciousness onto Blaesus, and presumably the same would apply to the other Children.

I was brought before the Emperor as an infant and imprinted with his power, his consciousness. I shared the greatest mind in the galaxy.(emphasis added)

So my theory is that the Voice of the Emperor serves a role of silencing the chatter among all the imprints of the Emperor that exist within the Children. While the Emperor is recovering from the death of the Voice, the Children’s voices can be heard by all of them. The silencing of the voices is then caused by one of the Children who figured out a way to attune other Children to treat him as though he was the Voice. I’m expecting more of these fake voices to appear and for them to fight as they try to claim what they view as their rightful place….and then the winner will be obliterated by the true Emperor upon his recovery at a later point in the story.

What do we not know about the Emperor?

The big thing that isn’t clear at the moment which could potentially be very important is how much of the Emperor’s consciousness is imbued in the Voice. Essentially what I’m wondering is whether or not the Emperor’s True Body is able to act on its own when there is an active Voice. This is the sort of detail that could be very important in understanding a few details regarding the Emperor. The codex for the Voice seems to imply that the Emperor is in two places at once when he is using the Voice but it isn’t conclusive, and an inactive True Body would explain a few things a bit better such as why the Emperor is unable to inform the Dark Council that Baras is a fake.

Another thing that is unclear is exactly how a Voice of the Emperor is created and whether this is related to the Children of the Emperor or not. We know the Emperor can take over the body of a Child of the Emperor, but it isn’t clear whether this is what is going on with the Voice or if the two situations are unrelated except in impact on the host.

What do you expect to be the reaction to this thread?

I’m hoping for intellectual debate. I’m expecting 20 pages of internet arguments regarding the Problem with Scourge and the related issues. >.>

How long is this?

Initial draft is 16 pages in Word. 17 pages after fixing some formatting for readability. I did not think through how long this was going to be when I first had the idea. x_x

Who are you?

I am just an average player who enjoys piecing together various plot threads to see the bigger picture intended by writers. As of writing the first version of this guide, I have completed the Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, and Jedi Consular storylines in that order. My Jedi Knight is my main and my favorite of them. I’m planning on playing through all 8 class stories, but that will take time and likely not have any significant impact on this primer.

Update Log[udl08]

1.0- Initial Release 3/3/12

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work. You make some good points and make some guesses based on logic and supporting evidence that I agree with.

Hopefully this guide gives people some info that they have been looking for and sparks some quality discussion and not "The Emperor is dead!" and "No,he isn't,noob!"flamewar.

Awesome stuff there man. This should clear various misunderstandings regarding the Emperor.

However, I'd like to add something of my own. Regarding who was the Sith Lord that struck a deal with Sel-Makor, I believe that it actually was Baras. He clearly is pretty old and when SW meets the Voice on Voss, Voice says that "Baras offered me this body as he knew that no Voss could leave this chamber". Therefore, it was propably Baras's suggestion that the Emperor claim Voss mystic as a vessel for the Voice (this can be validated by the fact that if Baras was on Voss earlier to deal with Sel-Makor, he also learned about this particular weakness and exploited it against the Emperor). Also, Sel-Makor says that he gave power to the Sith Lord whom he dealt with and seeing that Baras is powerful in his own right, he could be the one Sel-Makor was referring to.

Also

I’m going to take a position now…..that I expect to be controversial in the replies. I don’t think Scourge has ever met the Emperor’s True Body.

He did in the book Revan and we can pretty safely assume that it was the actual body since it was 300 years before the Treaty so the Emperor didn't depart yet. Also, when Scourge first met the Emperor in the Citadel, the Emperor showed him his mind for a split second which resulted in Scourge collapsing on the floor, crying like a baby and it involved Scourge looking directly in Emperor's eyes.

That said, it's very ambiguous as to whether the "Emperor" in JK chapter 2 finale is Voice or the actual Emperor's body since on one hand we know that Emperor left known galaxy after the Treaty and on the other hand we have a Voice in Voss body and by all accounts, there can't be 2 Voices at the same time. My personal belief is that Scourge doesn't know about Emperor's departure and that it was the Voice JK saw in chapter 2 but masked so that Voss face isn't visible. However I don't have any solid proof for that so don't quote me on that.

Edited by gibmachine

Nice work. You make some good points and make some guesses based on logic and supporting evidence that I agree with.

Hurray! That is exactly what I was going for when I was writing this, so I'm glad at least one person thinks I achieved that.

However, I'd like to add something of my own. Regarding who was the Sith Lord that struck a deal with Sel-Makor, I believe that it actually was Baras.

I you check the Q&A section(which is more of a misc and random musing section than anything else), I have actually started keaning towards Baras since I started working on the guide. It just sort of hit me while I was working on it. I am inclined to agree with you that Baras likely was the geat Sith Lord. I do have some reservations of considering that stance to be definitive or well supported though because there are just a lot of open questions if Baras was the great Sith Lord such as what did Sel-Makor give him and how/why did he get to Voss 20+ years ago, presumably before Voss was officialy discovered.

He did in the book Revan and we can pretty safely assume that it was the actual body since it was 300 years before the Treaty so the Emperor didn't depart yet. Also, when Scourge first met the Emperor in the Citadel, the Emperor showed him his mind for a split second which resulted in Scourge collapsing on the floor, crying like a baby and it involved Scourge looking directly in Emperor's eyes.

As I said, my position on that specific point is going to be controversial. I admit it is not a particularly well supported position. However to counter the points that you raise, according to the codex the Emperor has been using the Emperor's Voice for centuries to deliver "the Sith leader's commandments to his servants." That means the Voice has been in use since long before the Treaty of Coruscant, and has potentially been around since before Scourge became the Emperor's Wrath(assuming that centuries doesn't mean just 200 years).

As for Scourge being shown the Emperor's mind for a split second, the Voice has the Emperor's "power and consciousness" according to the codex. That means that the Voice would be able to show Scourge the Emperor's mind just as easily as the Emperor's True Body would be able to.

That said, it's very ambiguous as to whether the "Emperor" in JK chapter 2 finale is Voice or the actual Emperor's body since on one hand we know that Emperor left known galaxy after the Treaty and on the other hand we have a Voice in Voss body and by all accounts, there can't be 2 Voices at the same time. My personal belief is that Scourge doesn't know about Emperor's departure and that it was the Voice JK saw in chapter 2 but masked so that Voss face isn't visible. However I don't have any solid proof for that so don't quote me on that.

I agree with your stance here, and I like to think my reasoning for this is explained sufficiently in the various sections of the Primer.

Wow, just wow. You did an outstanding job, kudos. While I didn't read through the whole thing yet, I'll make sure I do once I have some spare time. And then I shall point out what I agree/disagree with. Edited by Deviss

Awesome stuff there man. This should clear various misunderstandings regarding the Emperor.

<Snip>

Also

We don't actually know for a fact that Scourge met the Emperor in his "true" body, it's assumed by Scourge and by the reader. For all we know the Emperor could be like real life dictators who use body doubles to protect themselves from assassination attempts.

In this case the Emperor would be using a body that everyone assumes is his and not the traditional body double of someone who looks like him. For someone who is terrified of not achieving his goals and of death, I'd say it makes perfect sense for the Emperor to keep his true body hidden until he achieves his goals.

I'd be willing to wager that the only one who has actually been in the Emperor's true body's presence is Servant 2, reread the above Primer,The Problem with Scourge subsection,Servant Two, for supporting evidence of this.

Edited by Temeluchus

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible, I say incredible work!

Bravo on a job well done. I've got a couple of questions though, more will follow probably.

If we go with the assumption that Scourge has never met the Emperor’s True Body, this could actually explain why Scourge’s vision didn’t show Revan beating the Emepror without having to resort to self fulfilling prophecies.

I have to say I lost you a bit there. What do you mean with "self-fulfilling prophecy". Isn't such a prophecy where the feedback from it results in it coming to be?

Also, while on that:

Isn't it established that Scourge, Revan and the Exile met the true body? You speculated on them having met the Voice, but how could that be? Revan has certainly met with the original body at least once at any rate, when he and Malak found him, correct? So isn't it bizarre that he fell for a duplicate body?

My take on all of this, is that we probably didn't fight the battle Scourge envisaged and thus will fight him again.

Incredible, I say incredible work!

Bravo on a job well done. I've got a couple of questions though, more will follow probably.

I have to say I lost you a bit there. What do you mean with "self-fulfilling prophecy". Isn't such a prophecy where the feedback from it results in it coming to be?

Also, while on that:

Isn't it established that Scourge, Revan and the Exile met the true body? You speculated on them having met the Voice, but how could that be? Revan has certainly met with the original body at least once at any rate, when he and Malak found him, correct? So isn't it bizarre that he fell for a duplicate body?

My take on all of this, is that we probably didn't fight the battle Scourge envisaged and thus will fight him again.

I'll let Ranadiel tackle your questions about his theories and thoughts.

But I thought I'd chime in on Revan,Meetra and Scourge meeting the Emperor's true body. We don't have any real evidence to say they did, it would make sense to keep his real body locked away,hidden from any danger.

It's never said that Revan and Malak met with the true body, it's known that Revan and Malak encountered him,in some fashion, and were turned to the dark side. That could easily have been done by his Voice.

Look at Ranadiel's supporting evidence that no one except Servant 2 has actually been in the physical presence of the Emperor. It turned Servant 2...odd,to put it mildly.

The Voice contains the Emperor's presence and a degree of his power and therefore could be felt by others; given the degree of the Emperor's power it's not too far of a stretch to think that the power and horror Scourge,Revan,Meetra and others have felt from the Voice caused them to assume it was the Emperor's true presence.

Just to add a little more to the theory, we do have SW precedence of a powerful Sith being able to mask his presence and power from other powerful Force users, Sidious did it. Good ole Palps kept himself undetected until he chose to reveal himself and his power; he even fooled Yoda.

Edited by Temeluchus

Wow. That's the only word that comes to mind.

Thank you SO much for putting that together.

It was a very enjoyable, thought-provoking read and really helps piece together many of the holes in some story lines.

The bits where you formed projections or opinions based on theorizing timelines between known segments/history were very logical and well thought-out.

Thanks again!

Hurray, another bump with feedback. I am glad that for all of the positive feedback. It really makes the work I put into it this thing worth it.

Also, while on that:

I'll first preface my response by saying that comment was made with the understanding that the Revan and crew were winning in their fight against the "Emperor" prior to Scourge's betrayal. I haven't read the book, so I could be wrong on that in which case the comment doesn't work how I intended it to.

Now if my understanding was correct, then that would mean that had Scourge not had his vision then Revan and crew would have defeated whatever they were fighting. If they were fighting the true body then that would mean that the only reason that Scourge's vision was true was because he had the vision and had he not had the vision then the Emperor wouldn't have been alive for the Jedi Knight to ever fight, makign the vision a self fullfilling prophecy. However if Revan and crew were fighting the Emperor's Voice then regardless of whether Scourge had his vision or not, the Jedi Knight would have still fought the Emperor 300 years later.

Now I have to acknowledge that even if my interpretation is correct there is still an aspect which would be self fullfilling since Scourge was only able to help the Jedi Knight because the Scourge acted as a result of his vision. Now there are two possible responses to this, either Scourge would have been kept alive like Revan was had he not betrayed Revan(I don't know why the Emperor would do this, maybe for the visions) or just there is no way to avoid the vision being a self fullfilling prophecy. I just dislike self fullfilling prophecies so any interpretation that avoids them is preferred in my book. *shrug*

Regarding whether or not Revan met the Emperor's true body, I think Temeluchus covered all the major points in his post.

Edit: This post was originally posted before I was done writing it and I had thought the post was lost through going back a page. I rewrote my response and just pasted it above. My apologies to anyone who read the incomplete response.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

Fantastic work! This matches all my own conclusions regarding the seeming contradictions of the plotline.

I'll add one more point though: there's a narrative necessity for the Emperor to remain alive for a while yet. That is, we've learned that the Emperor has a plan to literally devour all the life in the Galaxy, making himself essentially a god. It'll be a bigger version of the ritual he used to exterminate all life on his home planet, which made him immortal.

This places the Emperor directly in conflict with EVERYONE and EVERYTHING in the Galaxy. He is ultimately the main antagonist for the whole game. It's unthinkable that the primary overall antagonist would be killed in a single class' story arc.

Look at how Revan was handled; there are two flashpoints on each side, for a total of four flashpoints, to bring his story to its not-quite-really-a-conclusion. How, then, could the Emperor's true story be handled with less?

Essentially, for the JK apologists to be correct that the Emperor is really dead, we'd have to accept that a) his immortality was a LOT less impressive than it seemed, despite having kept him alive for 1600 years so far, and b) that amazing storyline about devouring all life will never proceed.

My expectation is that the Emperor's story will be expansion material. I think we'll see the rise of a new faction within the Empire to rebel, and possibly some secret deals with the Republic. I expect to see multiple flashpoints and operations to resolve this story, as well as new planetary story arcs. There's a lot of narrative laid out here, and I just can't imagine why Bioware would drop it all after all this work setting it up.

Just to add a little more to the theory, we do have SW precedence of a powerful sith being able to mask his presence and power from other powerful Force users, Sidious did it. Good ole Palps kept himself undetected until he chose to reveal himself and his power; he even fooled Yoda.

Excellent point Temeluchus, this one's the one I agree the most with. One could argue that Revan and Malak meeting the Emperor did have its expected effect on them - they turned into sith.

As for the fight in the Revan novel, I believe they did fight the true body, although it's irrelevant, really.

Now if my understanding was correct, then that would mean that had Scourge not had his vision then Revan and crew would have defeated whatever they were fighting. If they were fighting the true body then that would mean that the only reason that Scourge's vision was true was because he had the vision and had he not had the vision then the Emperor wouldn't have been alive for the Jedi Knight to ever fight, making the vision a self fulfilling prophecy. However if Revan and crew were fighting the Emperor's Voice then regardless of whether Scourge had his vision or not, the Jedi Knight would have still fought the Emperor 300 years later.

After a lot of thought on this (I find myself being slow sometimes XD), I believe it's inevitable that the prophecy becomes self fulfilling. I have been thinking of multiple "what ifs?" lately, and have concluded that the reason we fight the Emperor is because Scourge acted as he did because of his vision.

He basically paved the way for our encounters (present and future) with the Emperor. Whether Revan, Meetra and Scourge fought the true body or not, Scourge's actions alone are what bring us to the final battle, and what will likely have us beating down on the Emperor again.

I dont think Revan would have made a mistake with who he fought. I think the fight with Revan is also explained in the book that they delayed the Emperor's plans. Who knows, I do think that the Emperor can be killed, but it could be similar to Sidious who was able to transfer his life presence and abilities to other people or clones.

Just did last companion quest after maxing out my affection with Kira. It was called "The Emperor's Orphans". Very interesting quest that gave some hints to Jedi Knight about the Emperor's possible survival of their confronation.

Kira has received a message from her childhood friend Suri. Suri was also a Child of the Empire and seems to be hearing the voice of the now dead Emperor. Kira says that it would be a good idea to investigate and possibly help Suri's condition so Kira gives you Suri's coordinates.

When you encounter Suri and ask her how is it possible that she is hearing the Emperor that is dead, she reveals to you the orders given to her by the supposedly dead Emperor. He wants her to "set fires on Ord Mantell and invade planet of Manaan" - or something along that lines, can't exactly remember. It may be just ramble of a mad girl or something more...

Most intruging if you ask me! Another in-game hint/confirmation that the Emperor is alive and well.

Edited by Deviss

I dont think Revan would have made a mistake with who he fought. I think the fight with Revan is also explained in the book that they delayed the Emperor's plans. Who knows, I do think that the Emperor can be killed, but it could be similar to Sidious who was able to transfer his life presence and abilities to other people or clones.

Actually, it is a fact that he can do so.

Revan could very easily been mistaken on who he believed he was fighting. The Emperor's Voice contains some of the power and essence of the Emperor and given how powerful the Emperor is, it's easy to see how a sampling of his power in the Voice could be mistaken for the Emperor's true form.

Fighting with Revan did indeed delay the Emperor's plans, but that doesn't provide direct proof that Revan fought the actual Emperor.

We have evidence that it is possible to stall the Emperor and his plans via the JK story. We know the JK fought the Emperor's Voice in the end and killed that vessel, the shock of the Voice being destroyed while unprepared severely weakened the Emperor's true form and has put his plans on hold until he recovers.

Apply that scenario to Revan,Meetra and Scourge's fight against the Emperor and it seems more plausible than a scenario where they fought the Emperor's true form,survived and Scourge was somehow deceived into thinking the Voice the JK killed was the actual Emperor.

The Emperor can transfer his essence to other bodies and he can be killed. In fact, I and others believe,he will be killed as an ultimate Operation boss in a future expansion. The Emperor is too dangerous to both factions and the galaxy as a whole to be left alive and he is too important of a villain to have been killed off in a single class's storyline.

I think Temeluchus covered evrything nicely. Just two things I want to add.

How Revan delayed the Emperor's plans is explained in the Maelstrom prison flashpoint. After Revan was defeated, the Emperor started using Revan as a means of accessing the LS of the force. As a result of this, Revan was being corrupted by the DS. However at the same time, the connection between the two allowed Revan to slightly impact the Emperor's thought process making the Emperor be far more cuatious than he would have been on his own. This caused the Emperor to delay his plans. Additionaly Revan influenced the Emperor to make the Emperor believe that peace would be in his best interest resulting in the Treaty of Coruscant.

The Emperor can transfer his essence to other bodies and he can be killed. In fact, I and others believe,he will be killed as an ultimate Operation boss in a future expansion. The Emperor is too dangerous to both factions and the galaxy as a whole to be left alive and he is too important of a villain to have been killed off in a single class's storyline.

I however am of the opposite school of thought that believes that for story reasons they will never make the Emperor into a operation boss because his corruption ability would make the encounter impossible from a lore standpoint. Also important storyline events aren't supposed to be in Operations, so if he were to be a group encounter boss, a flashpoint would be more likely....although my same reasons for thinking it won't happen still apply. Although I guess either an event in the JK storyline or a seperate flashpoint could result in his corruption ability being sealed. *shrug*

You're probably getting tired of hearing this, but I cannot believe how well thought out and how well written that was! Based on all the evidence given so far and information given about both sides, I believe that Sourge was probably mistaken. The most convincing piece of evidence for me is that the vision he saw was not fulfilled.

“In the vision, I bowed to you and took a crown from the Emperor's head. It ended when you held his power in your hands.”

Also, in the end of the Jedi Knight story, at the victory ceremony, Scourge says he will stay for however long it takes him to snuff out all of the Emperor's final tricks. If he's as good as the game and Revan novel have described him as, he may eventually discover that the one they killed was merely the Voice. This discovery could lead to the expansion of the story you were talking about (like you, I have no clue how BioWare plans to incorporate this new part of the story).

"I do not require friends or protection. I will stay until I am certain the Emperor left us no surprises."

Also, in the novel, it is said that the "true" Emperor is a Sith Pure-Blood with completely black eyes (I'd quote if I could, but I don't have the book with me). If this is true, we have an idea of what the true Emperor looks like. If this is but another Voice, the Emperor will surface again...some day. Considering the possibilty of the Black-Eyed Pure-Blood being the true Emperor, well....that's obvious, the story isn't over and you keep looking for him. Continuing the possibility that the Black-Eyed Pure-Blood is another Voice, the Emperor may surface again quickly or maybe not for another century...perhaps even more considering the fact that he is technically immortal.

My theory is that the war may end without the Emperor ever rising until long after it's too late. Power struggles and attempts to gain the throne most likely tear apart the Empire, leaving it defenseless against the Republic (repetition of history, just like the Great Hyperspace War). Perhaps thousands of years later, after the fall of Palpatine's Empire, the end of the Yuuzhaan Vong War, etc. the Emperor will surface again and a new chapter in Star Wars Chronology will begin.

P.S. Pardon me if my message and/or quotes seem, "noobish" or unprofessional. I'm new to posting and commenting on forums. Many more apologies if I accidentally repeated a few things that may have been discussed by other people earlier.

Very interesting stuff op. you pulled up stuff I didn't remember. Though the sw never met the emperors true voice (the JFK chapter III boss) just the one on boss, I assumed our next class quest is when we will meet our master. Correct me if I'm wrong, have been b4 lol