Hoth-Prisoner Extraction Bug

I ran Prisoner Extraction earlier today but was unable to free any of the prisoners. No member of the party could click on them and have them get up and go. Couldn't find any information about this so I thought I'd ask if this is something common or if I just missed something. Any information would be appreciated thanks.

This is happening to me right now.

I have submitted a Bug Report for it, in-game... which, for some reason, seems to have gone *poof* and disappeared itself.

Lovely.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Edit Update:

- exited the instance, reset, and entered again

- after getting 2 of 6 required Republic prisoners rescued, they again are bugged and do nothing when right-clicking them

- the Bug Report that I submitted in-game is still MIA, AWOL, or whatever you want to call it. Maybe the Customer Support team created a new "submit" button to reduce work load, which simply deletes your Bug Reports. (yes, that is a sarcastic joke)

=-=-=-=-=-=

Edit Update 2:

- exited again, and reset the heroic quest

- after getting 4 of 6, can no longer rescue any more Republic prisoners

- created another Bug Report in game, which is finally showing in my list of open tickets

=-=-=-=-=-=

Edit Update 3: (not that it matters)

- after about 4-5 attempts, I have given up on this for now

- will simply wait to hear back from Customer Support on this issue

Edited by Ereint

We had 2 in a row that we couldn't click on so I kicked the other person I was doing the mission with and had her come back in. We had no problems after that. There does seem to only be 8 prisoners though so you can only have 2 of them bugged.

We had 2 in a row that we couldn't click on so I kicked the other person I was doing the mission with and had her come back in. We had no problems after that. There does seem to only be 8 prisoners though so you can only have 2 of them bugged.

=-=-=-=-=

After attempting this close to a dozen times, with varied results of 1-4 prisoners rescued (out of the 6 needed)... I imagine it's buggier than you'd think.

Some of the attempts included killing every group of mobs that were surrounding possible Republic prisoners to be rescued. Same results.

And, before some "wise guy" comes in here and says "exit, reset, retry" will work.. please read above posts. Been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt.

I just ran this mission with a couple guys, and got up to 5 prisoners, with 3 bugged ones. I looked through this and another thread on the subject, and the bug may occur when looting enemies mid-fight. Whether this is the case or not, I don't know, but the workaround we found is this:

Since the story area is tied to one group member, you'll need to leave the area, then find a way to change who that story area is tied to. You do not need to reset the quest. We just ungrouped, then had a different player enter the area, who then invited the other players from inside. That reset the area, and with it, the prisoners. But you still keep your current status in the quest.

And since looting mid-fight may be the cause for the bugging, you should avoid doing so, just in case.

Edited by P-Snuggs

• 1 month later...

Ive been doing this one pretty much daily on my smuggler (very easy to solo)

If this happens make sure everyone leaves the instance, group leader right clicks on his portriate and resets all active phases. All baddies and prisoners will be back, but x/6 will still be rescued.

My best guess is that this happens if you click on a prisoner while in combat.