Unicorn Stampede Superque Stalemate

OmniParadox

I am not asking you to play any other way than what you are playing, i was just pointing out that this is a direct poke at US, which i could also give 2 ***** less about. I guess RG has lost alot of members and this is a fail attempt to get back into the spotlight. I have played with and against you, was even a member of your guild for a brief time. And i in no way implied that you were a bad player or that your numbers werent just, just explaining in my own opinion, that this is what effective healers do on a daily basis

I love how you imply that RG was ever in the spotlight as far as pvp goes. We have never formed a ranked team because we are a pve based guild, and the several good pvpers we have do it for fun and aren't too serious about it as making pvp better doesn't seem to be bioware's priority. This has nothing to do with RG being in the spotlight. And honestly this isn't a direct poke at US. If we played any other 8 man premade this video could have just as easily been named Uncensored Superqueue Stalemate (though I'm not sure if they superqueue). Not once in this forum will you see me putting down US in any way. Honestly Troyy handled this thread better than most people who thought they needed to drop their opinion in. What makes this match different than any other is that it was against an 8 man premade of a pvp guild. And to be honest, I doubt most healers would've handled it the way I did. Which apparently isn't impressive. Also don't worry about our member base, we're doing fine. We've lost maybe 3 important people in the last few months and have gained plenty of people to replace them. You are speaking out of turn.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a lighter note. Thank you to everyone who's being supportive. I assume that everyone here trying to troll is either in Unicorn Stampede and is trying to defend their honor (which I'm not challenging), didn't actually watch the video all the way through, or just has some grudge against me that I'm unaware of. (or any other egotistical "I can do better" reason).

Also, Krayshawn. Sadly I'm the sole member of IBG. And currently have higher priorities (and am kinda lazy) than trying to revive it with my alt. (yay college) However I do love when anyone recognizes the guildtag, and plan to keep wearing it. Who knows, maybe one day IBG will return to its former glory, though for now I have more important rl things to worry about :p

I have recently become a tank on my jug and can tell the good healers from the bad. You sir sound ignorant.

If you are one of those who think face tanking works as a healer, you are wrong. It pains me (literally) to guard a healer who is standing in front of the door in VS while defending. You may have a guard on you, but, guess what? I die first .

I spam AoE snares, utilize my AoE mez when i know the situation is getting hairy, and taunt DPS off Cool down.

On a lighter note, well done simple! I would love to see you flashing around that IBG guild tag every once and a while :p.

Agreed... Healers that face tank are retarded. I used to be always aoe spec and learned to kite and heal that way from launch and be told I can be a pain to kill. It's take practice. But with stun bubbles survivability is better of course. I hate watching healers who allow their tank to die:( but anyways simple good job and I miss IBG also lol.

On a lighter note. Thank you to everyone who's being supportive. I assume that everyone here trying to troll is either in Unicorn Stampede and is trying to defend their honor (which I'm not challenging), didn't actually watch the video all the way through, or just has some grudge against me that I'm unaware of. (or any other egotistical "I can do better" reason).

Also, Krayshawn. Sadly I'm the sole member of IBG. And currently have higher priorities (and am kinda lazy) than trying to revive it with my alt. (yay college) However I do love when anyone recognizes the guildtag, and plan to keep wearing it. Who knows, maybe one day IBG will return to its former glory, though for now I have more important rl things to worry about :p

Give me Jake, Zeph, and Nagooglian, I'll be enamored once more.

Simple.. gg.

And sabrina.. who are you? We never had anyone named Sabrina in the guild.. People who don't name themselves in their forum sig aren't worthy of opinions in a thread like this.. especially when you put my guild's name in your mouth.

Much love to US.. and IBG.

And while I'm at it LD50 too since I saw their name mentioned.

I'll give you props for not hiding your identity on a server forum. honestly, I have to just ignore ppl who chime in w/o so much as a mention of who they are. waaay too easy to troll. love or hate troyy or the pd twins, they don't hide. if I were you, I wouldn't even bother with someone who won't even be clear about who s/he is. not on a server specific forum at any rate.

The PD twins are Tazz and Rezikj, since they're twins :p

Quote=TMurdaJedi;5844480]Simple.. gg.

And sabrina.. who are you? We never had anyone named Sabrina in the guild.. People who don't name themselves in their forum sig aren't worthy of opinions in a thread like this.. especially when you put my guild's name in your mouth.

Much love to US..

And while I'm at it LD50 too since I saw their name mentioned.

Just click on her profile pic. Not sure why she chose to hide her Sig on this forum. :eek:

Here's a game where 2 guildies, some pugs, and I stalemate a 7 man Unicorn Stampede pre-made in voidstar. I didn't really expect to get a door, but I'm rather pleased that we stopped them from capping. Mostly I'm uploading this because it was insane how often I escaped death from their shadow and 4 smashers. As someone who rarely queues with a dedicated tank I've learned to play guerilla tactics style and this is just a kind of ridiculous example of me surviving. However I did die 10 times, mostly in the second round (hard to avoid), but still ended up with almost 1 million heals. Enjoy!

Their were 3 smashers, 1 tank it was most likely 2 4 mans or unicorns just got damn lucky with like. As far as your escapimg death, heals etc. It was pretty impressive but tbh it appeared they were doing the whole apply pressure to healer kill everyone else tactic...or the more likely reason they were just derping around. But gg! Was fun to watch a good aoe heal sage that wasnt bubble spec :D

kalak and inmortal always have been awesome aoe heals since I met them in the first merger on CO. kalak was so good that we won against good competition while I was the other healer on krackcommando. he regularly had twice my output. there was never anything wrong with straight heal tree for sages. the QQ about sages sucking w/o bubble-stun is a load of poo from horrible players in the PVP forum.

sorry. had to unload. carry on. :cool:

kalak and inmortal always have been awesome aoe heals since I met them in the first merger on CO. kalak was so good that we won against good competition while I was the other healer on krackcommando. he regularly had twice my output. there was never anything wrong with straight heal tree for sages. the QQ about sages sucking w/o bubble-stun is a load of poo from horrible players in the PVP forum.

sorry. had to unload. carry on. :cool:

Nothing wrong with straight aoe heals I prefer it over bubble stun on my sorc/sage the only reason its becoming noobish is cause its allowing to provide a lot of damage mitigation because prior to the 1.6 patch a lot of the bubbles would overlap causing someone to get full resolve rather quickly. Also it really doesn't fill much resolve, which is kinda dumb imo. Also though a lot of resolve filling stuff got toned down like pulls some hard cc's. The long soft cc still fill 50-75% resolve which is good and bad. But in my opinion to fix bubble spec either make it so sorc heals can't grab the points or make it so 3 bubbles fills resolve. AoE heals is still awesome and will be OP possibly come expansion. I don't know why they are buffing sorc heals so much and kinda forgetting about commando heals :/

Their were 3 smashers, 1 tank it was most likely 2 4 mans or unicorns just got damn lucky with like. As far as your escapimg death, heals etc. It was pretty impressive but tbh it appeared they were doing the whole apply pressure to healer kill everyone else tactic...or the more likely reason they were just derping around. But gg! Was fun to watch a good aoe heal sage that wasnt bubble spec :D

The idea that that wasn't a superqueue would be valid if Troy's stream didn't show him forming up an 8 man ops group with like right before the wz and timing up group queues ;) But, in all fairness, Troy was getting it pretty rough that day

Nothing wrong with straight aoe heals I prefer it over bubble stun on my sorc/sage the only reason its becoming noobish is cause its allowing to provide a lot of damage mitigation because prior to the 1.6 patch a lot of the bubbles would overlap causing someone to get full resolve rather quickly. Also it really doesn't fill much resolve, which is kinda dumb imo. Also though a lot of resolve filling stuff got toned down like pulls some hard cc's. The long soft cc still fill 50-75% resolve which is good and bad. But in my opinion to fix bubble spec either make it so sorc heals can't grab the points or make it so 3 bubbles fills resolve. AoE heals is still awesome and will be OP possibly come expansion. I don't know why they are buffing sorc heals so much and kinda forgetting about commando heals :/

From what I understand, it's already very high in the lightning tree (like tier 4?), so no healer hybrid is going to do heavy healing outside of the bubble effect. you certainly make a good point about the overlapping (or lack of it) in 1.4. honestly, they just made way too many interrelated (balance) changes that, by themselves, made sense, but combined with other changes are just ridiculous. nerfing cryo grenade? and the sage cc as well? yet snipers can root your butt from 30m. making bubble a stun from a mezz and not adjusting the resolve cost? I mean...eesh.

been playin mah watchman for the first time in a LONG time, and I don't have good muscle memory for the dcds yet, but I've finally got the roto down. it's just horrible. it's hard enough to cycle something against an unbubbled opponent (who will ostensibly stun you twice). with bubble, though, it's like...why do I even bother trying to cauterize? it's going to drop off before I get a chance to proc anything. he doesn't even need to cleanse. (which also makes me wonder...what's up with all the ops? they aren't cleansing my burns). basically, all I can do is look for other maras/sents atm. they're the only ones who don't range or cc me. luls where's nal'garoth? instruct me, my master!

The idea that that wasn't a superqueue would be valid if Troy's stream didn't show him forming up an 8 man ops group with like right before the wz and timing up group queues ;) But, in all fairness, Troy was getting it pretty rough that day

rofl omg! vas, I love you! that made me lol irl. wow. I spit up my drink on the kb too :mad: you F*(&er!

it reminds me of the cops spoof in shrek 2 when they found the catnip in ****'s boot.

As far as bubble stun vs full salv output goes, the top 2 tiers in the healer tree aren't particularly desirable. The top tier is obviously Salvation, and additionally you sacrifice 2% crit chance, 6% bonus healing, and using Noble Sacrifice without gaining force regeneration debuffs. As a trade off, you gain a knockback root, bubble stun, a proc chance to lower the cost of your next two abilities by 50%. Deliverance hasn't been all that useful since 1.2, so most pvp sage healing comes from Healing Trance (which both specs grab) and bubbles (whose stuns provide 3 seconds worth of effective healing). I personally like bubble stun because it promoted clever thinking and gives sages a wider array of survival mechanics. A really good salv sage can be somewhat tough to down, but it's no where near on the same level.

Yea vas and that's the issue with the bubble hybrid your heals output is still pretty beastly 800-1k+ range and you can pretty much make all melee dps want to throw their keyboard out the window it's overpowered and it makes pretty much every sorc and sage run it since its an easier spec and helps out your team A LOT to OP atm does that mean sages and sorcs shouldn't use it? Nope, ufortunately we have lots of people that love to see consistent 6k crits aka smash spec aka "oooo shiny" spec. BW is doing a decent job for the most part though in balancing issues and what not hopefully 2.0 or earlier makes a lot more people happy rather than upset.

I wouldn't say bubble spec is necessarily easier than full salv. If a bubble sage blows more than 2 of his cooldowns at any time while trying to get away, I know that I can kill him. However, I'd bet that a bubble sage can kill any scrapper as long as he only uses the appropriate escape at the perfect time. I think of it kinda like a healing sentinel, you have a lot of tricks, but if you're too bad to know how to use them, you die.

I wouldn't say bubble spec is necessarily easier than full salv. If a bubble sage blows more than 2 of his cooldowns at any time while trying to get away, I know that I can kill him. However, I'd bet that a bubble sage can kill any scrapper as long as he only uses the appropriate escape at the perfect time. I think of it kinda like a healing sentinel, you have a lot of tricks, but if you're too bad to know how to use them, you die.

Vasyel bubble stun are for noobs! Sheesh who would use it? Come on! :p anyways, I agree it can be harder healing as single target bubble stun because you do not have your salv to save multiple people at once. It is all about placement and even if you are stun bubble you should still not face tank... I see some sages who do that and I ../face palm. Honestly I was always salv/reviv all the time also and it helps your team where you can survive longer than trying to have high numbers. It also helps reduce incoming damage. But each to their own. Also stun bubble healer can still do good heals for output. But this is just my thought on this:)

Vasyel bubble stun are for noobs! Sheesh who would use it? Come on! :p anyways, I agree it can be harder healing as single target bubble stun because you do not have your salv to save multiple people at once. It is all about placement and even if you are stun bubble you should still not face tank... I see some sages who do that and I ../face palm. Honestly I was always salv/reviv all the time also and it helps your team where you can survive longer than trying to have high numbers. It also helps reduce incoming damage. But each to their own. Also stun bubble healer can still do good heals for output. But this is just my thought on this:)

you sure they aren't just rooted or full lightning spec?

Ive played both specs extensively and, in my opinion, the numbers youll put out are pretty close no matter which sorc spec you play. In ranked, especially against good teams,, you arent going to be able to drop your aoe heal on a significant group of people because no one wants to stack up and get smashed. On top of that, people tend to interupt the aoe more often than not. You tend to have more time to cast as bubble stun so it makes up for the 6-8% healing that you are missing out on and the aoe heal. I did ranked about a month ago with combatmedic. He picked my pub sage and his guildmate, xeosage. We swapped specs each match so that we would always have 1 aoe and 1 bubble. Our healing was near identical each match.

I have recently become a tank on my jug and can tell the good healers from the bad. You sir sound ignorant.

If you are one of those who think face tanking works as a healer, you are wrong. It pains me (literally) to guard a healer who is standing in front of the door in VS while defending. You may have a guard on you, but, guess what? I die first .

I spam AoE snares, utilize my AoE mez when i know the situation is getting hairy, and taunt DPS off Cool down.

On a lighter note, well done simple! I would love to see you flashing around that IBG guild tag every once and a while :p.

I have guarded HER many a time and she is far from ignorant. She does a great job staying out of the fray if it is possible. I saw nothing in that post that would imply any of the accusations you threw out in your post. It was moreso stating the obvious than anything else.

What ever happened to civil disagreement in the course of normal conversation?

Edited by Cowflab

I have guarded HER many a time and she is far from ignorant. She does a great job staying out of the fray if it is possible. I saw nothing in that post that would imply any of the accusations you threw out in your post. It was moreso stating the obvious than anything else.

What ever happened to civil disagreement in the course of normal conversation?

My post was in defense of simple, especially due to the lack of a signature at the time, I redact my comment; it was primarily directed toward the notion that someone was belittling simple with out owning up to who they were.