10% chance for artifact schematics

fylhuic

why do only a few crew skills, and even only a few items within crew skills have a 10% chance to reverse engineer from blue to purple? my artificer his wieldable all have that, while the color crystals, nor hilts have the same condition? and why only a certain skill, while others not at all? and....is this new or did i just never notice it before (only playing 2 months now)

Good question, I'd like to know this as well. My first alt is a Synthweaver, and although the RE-ing works in the same fassion as the Artificer's Foci/Shields (as in the Critical, Redoubt, Overkill paths), it gives a 20% chance to discover purple schematics. Why they chose for the Artificer's wieldables to only give a 10% chance I don't know. The only thing I DO know is that a purple Focus/Shield doesn't do very well on the GTN, so it's not really worth it for that purpose...

that is bad, bad, bad news.....so, far, i have passed try nr 30 to get an artifect schematic out of a prototype shield,.....the difference between 10% chance and 20% is very big.

For armoring and mods....not that i like it,....but i could more or less understand it, cos, once u get to artifact, you're done...you have what u want...need.

But for wieldable or non moddable armor, there are three to five different outcomes to each prototype.....10% chance is disastrous

in the meantime all the blue to purple schematics have changed to 10%, i have seen it on my biohcemist, synthweaver, cybertech and amormech so far.

They didnt see fit to mention any of these changes in the patch notes tho.

Thank you very much for this phantom nerf

It's always been like that. anything that follows the 1-3-5 format for REing is 20% from green to blue & 10% from blue to purple. The ones that are linear (hilts, barrels, mods, etc) are 20% from green to blue & 20% from blue to purple. Has nothing to do with being a sub or not.

Now the logic behind it is lacking. You'd think the items with more paths would have a greater chance of discovery but currently that isn't so.

It's always been like that. anything that follows the 1-3-5 format for REing is 20% from green to blue & 10% from blue to purple. The ones that are linear (hilts, barrels, mods, etc) are 20% from green to blue & 20% from blue to purple. Has nothing to do with being a sub or not.

Now the logic behind it is lacking. You'd think the items with more paths would have a greater chance of discovery but currently that isn't so.

Unfortunately, the linear ones (hilts, barrels, mods, etc) are all now 10% from blue to purple on the PTS.

As I understand it, subs get 20% - nonsubs get 10%

COOL when any one that's P2P I'm aware of can get on the test I tested it to see with my P2P account , maybe later on when its live ? . :)

Edited by tanktest

Unfortunately, the linear ones (hilts, barrels, mods, etc) are all now 10% from blue to purple on the PTS.

Seems any thing is 10 for the new content I noticed that day one with armoring when I was reing to see what they did and so far I'm very happy how Re works ...

• 1 month later...

The expansion information indicated RE if items such as hilts, armor and mods from the new gear would have a 10% success rate.

Additionally, linear RE of schematics from the crew will vendor only have one blue schematic and one purple schematic where as non linear RE which would me items that receive additional types of skill points often require getting several blue schematics before receiving a decent one and repeating this for the purple. After all defense and shield are of little help for a DPS implant. Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that a 10% success rate for linear RE and a 20% success rate for non linear RE is by design.

Edited by ThatGuyToo